PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Remember Those Urlacher vs. Thomas threads...

Dolfan5000
11-28-2006, 10:23 PM
from the past few weeks? Here's a little more input on the discussion.

At least Zach doesn't get juked by Brady.
http://cachemediasrv.patriots.com/ImgDyn.cfm?s=patriots99_31591633.jpg&c=1&w=525&cs=1
:sidelol:

Brown42000
11-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Urlacher just over ran the play Brady just made a little side step, Urlacher fooled himself but at least that hasn't happened to Zach going against Brady.

GoonBoss
11-28-2006, 10:33 PM
I hope we aren't saying that Zack hasn't overpursued a play.

A guy named Seau did that a few times as well.

Dolfan5000
11-28-2006, 10:34 PM
I hope we aren't saying that Zack hasn't overpursued a play.

A guy named Seau did that a few times as well.
No, oh no I'm not. I'm just saying he hasn't been fooled by the ever so ELUSIVE Brady.

CrazyCarl
11-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Urlacher just over ran the play Brady just made a little side step, Urlacher fooled himself but at least that hasn't happened to Zach going against Brady.

I dunno man, ide say Bradys little juke step played a bigger part in it than Urlacher just over running the play

GoonBoss
11-28-2006, 10:41 PM
No, oh no I'm not. I'm just saying he hasn't been fooled by the ever so ELUSIVE Brady.

I'm sure Zack has been juked by somone similar.

Point is, it is patently farcical to base any sound discussion
of one player vs another on one of those players being
"juked" by Tom Brady, which seems to be under some debate.

Dolfan5000
11-28-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm sure Zack has been juked by somone similar.

Point is, it is patently farcical to base any sound discussion
of one player vs another on one of those players being
"juked" by Tom Brady, which seems to be under some debate.
Sure Zach has been (NOT BRADY FOR SURE) but, who cares?

Lighten up and laugh a little :wink:

juniorseau55
11-28-2006, 10:46 PM
It makes no sense to talk about this because I'm sure brady has done it to more than him.

Dolfan5000
11-28-2006, 10:48 PM
It makes no sense to talk about this because I'm sure brady has done it to more than him.
Geez, you guys are fun.

phinphanforever
11-28-2006, 10:55 PM
I know they play the same position, which results in inevitable comparisons, but they are two very different players. The play involving Brady is one play, and I think it had more to do with a nice move by Brady rather than a bad miss by Urlacher.
Thomas is more consistent than Urlacher, relies a lot on his knowledge and study of the game, whereas Urlacher makes more impact plays and seems to reliy more on his physical attributes. That's not to say that Urlacher is dumb or that Zach does not make plays. The different schemes they play in also has a lot to do with their roles. The bottom line is that both are excellent linebackers. Thomas looked totally out of rhythm for the first 4-5 games, and I think a lot had to do with the defense not having a feel for each other. It looked as though he had lost a step. He has played really well, however, in his last 6-7 games, and is close to returning to his old form.

HysterikiLL
11-28-2006, 11:01 PM
When can show a play of Brady juking Urlacher, but we can also show about 500 of Brian Urlacher making decisive, game changing plays in important times. Off the top of my head, why don’t you look at the Arizona Cardinals game (see second half) and tell me you wouldn’t give Brady pulling a Mike Vick 10 times in a row on your guy, if you could have him on your team.

Phinja
11-28-2006, 11:04 PM
It is kind of embarasing for your leading tackler and emotional leader of your teams vaunted defense to whiff on a tackle of the opposing team's QB, esp someone as "fleet of foot" as Brady.

Look at it on a game effect type basis:

Urlacher lays Brady out and he's injured, or fumbles, as he dosent carry the ball much (look at how he has it in the photo) and that game ends differently. So instead of First Down Pats, its First Down Bears. They go on to win, and we suddenly are a game closer to the playoffs. Not to mention it could be the difference in who is the #1 seed in the NFC and possibly, who is the NFC representitive in the SuperBowl.

So one play could make a huge difference in how the whole season plays out...

Benched
11-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Yeah, one missed tackle makes the difference in a career of dominance. Give me a break.

Metal Panda
11-29-2006, 12:50 AM
haha....

"One missed tackle to rule them all"

305TillIDie
11-29-2006, 01:07 AM
give me Urlacher anyday of the week

TotoreMexico
11-29-2006, 01:10 AM
Brady almost had an orgasm after that play:chuckle:

Vertical Limit
11-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Yeah I watched that game. I couldn't stop laughing.