PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Projections

Rafiki
11-29-2006, 01:37 AM
Looks like this week will be active with teams accepting bids. This was updated 3 hours ago.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3756322

Is that Miami of Florida listed on the MPC Computers Bowl? :lol: For some reason I doubt they'll accept that bid.

DonShula84
11-29-2006, 01:55 AM
Emerald Bowl
San Francisco, CA
AT&T Park
December 27, 2006, ESPN
ACC No. 7 vs. Pac 10 No. 5
Bowl Projection:Florida State vs. UCLA

Looking forward to this game for some reason. Two teams you dont see play each other. And Miami doesnt have much choice unless they just want to sit this one out completely.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-29-2006, 09:31 AM
rice is going to a bowl game for the first time in forEVER. congrats to them. :D

Motion
11-29-2006, 09:36 AM
:lol: Longest Bowl Game name ever!

San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl

Stitches
11-29-2006, 09:59 AM

It doesn't have all the bowl names up, because it is pacific Life Holiday Bowl, but they only have Holiday Bowl. Because I think there are some pretty stretched out bowl names.

finswin56
11-29-2006, 10:56 AM

:chuckle: I saw that come across the screen last night and almost fell out of my chair. Each year the names get more absurd.

Rafiki
11-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Updated half an hour ago. Looks like Texas A&M will play Cal in the Holliday Bowl.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3756322

*Edit* I see that the first link I posted is being updated and is actually the same as the one I have above. So I guess clicking that first one will provide updates as they come.

FLOUNDER
11-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Gator Bowl
Jacksonville, FL
Gator Bowl
January 1, 2007, CBS
ACC No. 3 vs. Big 12 or Big East
Bowl Projection:Wake Forest vs. West Virginia

We go from having National Championship contentions, to trying to win the bigeast, to trying to get an At-Large bid to playing in the G/D gator bowl...This freaking sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HysterikiLL
11-29-2006, 08:40 PM
I think the Holiday Bowl could be good.

As for the Texas Bowl, it sucks that UT aren't in a bigger game, but I'd enjoy seeing them play Iowa.

Also, I don't know why everyone is projecting Florida to lose the SEC game. As good as Arkansas are, they're not going to beat UF.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
11-29-2006, 09:05 PM
We go from having National Championship contentions, to trying to win the bigeast, to trying to get an At-Large bid to playing in the G/D gator bowl...This freaking sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it wasn't too long ago where WV fans would've been happy to make any bowl game. :shakeno:

DonShula84
11-29-2006, 09:08 PM
I think the Holiday Bowl could be good.

As for the Texas Bowl, it sucks that UT aren't in a bigger game, but I'd enjoy seeing them play Iowa.

Also, I don't know why everyone is projecting Florida to lose the SEC game. As good as Arkansas are, they're not going to beat UF.

I dont know, I can see the SEC champ game going either way. It's looking like ND will play the winner in the Sugar Bowl but I'm not sure which team ND has a better chance against so I'm just hoping for a good game.

King Felix
11-29-2006, 11:20 PM
who ever makes the sun bowl against oregon state is going to lose!

HysterikiLL
11-30-2006, 12:39 AM
I dont know, I can see the SEC champ game going either way. It's looking like ND will play the winner in the Sugar Bowl but I'm not sure which team ND has a better chance against so I'm just hoping for a good game.

I've been calling for a ND v Florida Sugar Bowl for the last few weeks. I'd love to see that game. Two storied schools, two great coaches, two deep rosters, and I just think it would make a great game. I think it would be the more competitive bowl game, like PSU/FSU was last year.

DonShula84
11-30-2006, 01:15 AM
I've been calling for a ND v Florida Sugar Bowl for the last few weeks. I'd love to see that game. Two storied schools, two great coaches, two deep rosters, and I just think it would make a great game. I think it would be the more competitive bowl game, like PSU/FSU was last year.

I think it'd be a good game. A lot of the projections have had that as the matchup most of the season I think, so a lot of people must want to see it. They could play up the Meyer vs the team he turned down also

Mike13
11-30-2006, 01:45 AM
Now UF vs ND would be a great game!

King Felix
11-30-2006, 01:59 AM
florida would win pretty easy imo.

DonShula84
11-30-2006, 04:36 AM
found this. I'd be surprised if it doesnt go down this way

The official announcements won't come until Sunday, but barring a major change in attitude, the Rose Bowl is ready to have its first SEC team in Pasadena since Alabama in 1946.
Notre Dame would slide to the Sugar Bowl to face the SEC champion, the winner of Saturday's game between Florida and Arkansas. The Orange Bowl would then pair the ACC champion (Wake Forest or Georgia Tech) vs. the Big East champion (Rutgers or Louisville). The Fiesta Bowl would match Boise State vs. the winner of the Nebraska-Oklahoma Big 12 championship game.
And the BCS title game would be No. 1 Ohio State vs. No. 2 USC, as long as USC beats UCLA.

Orange and Fiesta Bowls dont excite me at all, others will be fun to watch though

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/football/articles/2006/11/29/rose_bowl_would_be_ok_with_lsu_michigan/

HysterikiLL
11-30-2006, 04:41 AM
Orange and Fiesta will be pretty drab, I agree, but I'd love to see Michigan vs LSU and Florida vs Notre Dame.

USC vs Ohio State will be great also.

It's pretty much locked up now. God, it'll be funny if USC loses to UCLA now. :lol:

DonShula84
11-30-2006, 06:43 AM
you're new sig makes me sad...

Stitches
11-30-2006, 09:08 AM
who ever makes the sun bowl against oregon state is going to lose!

What makes you say that?

Cuban Dave 9
11-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Orange and Fiesta will be pretty drab, I agree, but I'd love to see Michigan vs LSU and Florida vs Notre Dame.

USC vs Ohio State will be great also.

It's pretty much locked up now. God, it'll be funny if USC loses to UCLA now. :lol:
I think I have finally been brought back to earth and believe that even if that happens, and a Florida win, Florida will not be in the NC game.

Motion
11-30-2006, 11:06 AM
I think I have finally been brought back to earth and believe that even if that happens, and a Florida win, Florida will not be in the NC game.

:yes:

finswin56
11-30-2006, 12:03 PM
I've been calling for a ND v Florida Sugar Bowl for the last few weeks. I'd love to see that game. Two storied schools, two great coaches, two deep rosters, and I just think it would make a great game. I think it would be the more competitive bowl game, like PSU/FSU was last year.UF still needs redemption from years back when Bettis owned that Sugar Bowl :mad:
No, I'm not bitter.

NJFINSFAN1
11-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Notre Dame should go to the Canada Bowl! Not a big bowl

AirFishOne
11-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Hysterikill why must you torment me with your sig pic?? :boohoo: :boohoo:

On topic, OU has officially announced that if they win the Big XII CCG they will go to the Fiesta Bowl, and if they lose they will play in the Cotton Bowl.

Just a ? if we win and go to the Fiesta Bowl, will Bob Stoops be the first coach in the BCS era to go to all 4 major bowls? Orange (00 and 04) Sugar (03) Rose (02)

Vertical Limit
11-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Isn't Notre Dame ranked 10th? They don't deserve a bowl game. I like Notre Dame but come the **** on. IMO, they should give the top 4 bowl games to the best 8 ranks.

I think Wisconsin can beat Notre Dame.

finswin56
11-30-2006, 01:26 PM
Isn't Notre Dame ranked 10th? They don't deserve a bowl game. I like Notre Dame but come the **** on. IMO, they should give the top 4 bowl games to the best 8 ranks.

I think Wisconsin can beat Notre Dame.I'm not a big fan of ND getting a BCS game, but who exactly has Wisconsin beaten?

Vertical Limit
11-30-2006, 01:28 PM
I'm not a big fan of ND getting a BCS game, but who exactly has Wisconsin beaten?
Who exactly has Notre Dame beaten? :lol:

Motion
11-30-2006, 01:34 PM

Not to mention Meyer could beat the school that dropped the ball in their attempt to hire him. :D

finswin56
11-30-2006, 03:12 PM
Who exactly has Notre Dame beaten? :lol:That's your argument to my post? I just said I'm not a fan of ND being in a BCS game. :shakeno:

DonShula84
11-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Notre Dame should go to the Canada Bowl! Not a big bowl

:boohoo:

DonShula84
11-30-2006, 06:34 PM

I think Wisconsin can beat Notre Dame.

There are 5 BCS games, guess what 5X2=10. Also Wisconsin cant go to a BCS game because 3 teams from 1 conference cant get BCS births. OSU and Michigan take the spots Wisconsin gets left out. Take it up with the BCS.

Cuban Dave 9
11-30-2006, 06:35 PM
BCS needs some major tweaking indeed, though

DonShula84
11-30-2006, 07:00 PM
LSU to the Rose Bowl, I think it's official now.

HysterikiLL
11-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Michigan vs LSU may just turn out to be the most enjoyable bowl game this year. I think the Nat'l Championship will be good, but will probably fall short of expectations. I think LSU/Michigan is a great matchup and something we haven't seen before.

DonShula84
11-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Yes. I'm glad the Rose Bowl didnt take ND, LSU deserves it and it will make for a better game.

Oboy
12-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Interesting article (http://www.gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061130/GATORS01/61130033).

Really shows how UF compares Statiscally to the big boys (minus OSU - no question there)

Bumpus
12-01-2006, 11:04 AM
it wasn't too long ago where WV fans would've been happy to make any bowl game. :shakeno:
Oh, c'mon now Kat ... it has been a while!

Now, if you change the word "make" to "win" ... well, then you would have a point.

finswin56
12-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Michigan vs LSU may just turn out to be the most enjoyable bowl game this year. I think the Nat'l Championship will be good, but will probably fall short of expectations. I think LSU/Michigan is a great matchup and something we haven't seen before.I :pray: that game happens. College football really needs a SEC/Big Ten match up.

Does anyone else wonder why LSU is already slotted for a BCS game?
If UF wins against Arkansas, then LSU should be in w/o a doubt.
But, if Arkansas wins that game, then what's the reasoning of LSU over UF? UF won in that match up, and it wasn't like either team's loss to Auburn where officiating probably determined the outcome. There was a couple of poor calls in that game, but even LSU fans admit that UF was the better team in that game.

I do think OSU and USC will be a good game. USC does show up for the big ones.

DonShula84
12-01-2006, 05:21 PM
I :pray: that game happens. College football really needs a SEC/Big Ten match up.

But, if Arkansas wins that game, then what's the reasoning of LSU over UF? UF won in that match up, and it wasn't like either team's loss to Auburn where officiating probably determined the outcome. There was a couple of poor calls in that game, but even LSU fans admit that UF was the better team in that game.

I think if Arkansas wins it'd throw a wrench in the plans and LSU would be out. Despite their politicians calling bowl representatives and saying they deserve a BCS bid. I think the report that LSU was in the Rose Bowl was a little premature, but I'm sure it'll happen if everything works out Saturday

finswin56
12-01-2006, 05:37 PM
I think if Arkansas wins it'd throw a wrench in the plans and LSU would be out. Despite their politicians calling bowl representatives and saying they deserve a BCS bid. I think the report that LSU was in the Rose Bowl was a little premature, but I'm sure it'll happen if everything works out SaturdayI would hope so, but everything I'm hearing is that LSU is a done deal for the BCS.

Crowder52
12-01-2006, 09:30 PM
I :pray: that game happens. College football really needs a SEC/Big Ten match up.

It's funny, LSU is arguably the #4 team in the SEC (finished behind Arkansas in the West, lost to Auburn) yet they seem guaranteed a spot in a BCS bowl by virtue of not making the SEC championship game.

AirFishOne
12-01-2006, 11:01 PM
I sure feel for the people of Pasedena, those LSU fans get a lil too crazy, the Sugar Bowl was complete HELL their fans have no idea how to win with class.

The only fan I have met of LSU that has class is DolphinDevil28, I wish your fanbase was more like you man

Rafiki
12-03-2006, 04:58 AM
First link is updated 4 hours ago.

Looks like a Miami vs Nevada is a done deal for the MPC Computers Bowl in Boise. I'm wagering on Nevada for the upset, yo.

King Felix
12-03-2006, 05:28 AM
Sun Bowl El Paso, TX
Sun Bowl
December 29, 2006, CBS
Big 12 or Big East vs. Pac 10 No. 3
Bowl Projection: Texas Tech vs. Oregon State

i dont get it what seed for the big 12 or big east?

Rafiki
12-03-2006, 05:54 AM
Texas Tech belongs to the Big 12.

Rafiki
12-03-2006, 06:11 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6232016

Props for him giving Boise State the "big ups" even though they wouldn't necessarily be competitive with OSU. I do however think they will DESTROY Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.

finswin56
12-03-2006, 09:35 AM

Props for him giving Boise State the "big ups" even though they wouldn't necessarily be competitive with OSU. I do however think they will DESTROY Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.Wow, that's pretty bold. IDK that we've seen enough from BSU to claim that they'd destroy any top team, but I am excited to see them play. OU is a damn good team that should only have one loss. I really want to see that game if Peterson is back.

AirFishOne
12-03-2006, 01:12 PM
I wont be surprised to see us lose, just cause of that "magic" of college football

a team (like BSU) making their first big time bowl game will play 200% over their heads, then it will be all "Oklahoma is overated!" :shakeno:

However prepare BSU we got a lil guy named AD comin back, im sure youve heard of him :D Oh and our defense is much better than the powerhouses of Oregon St, Nevada, and dare I say Sacremento St.

Its all in fun heres to a great game in the desert, after living in Idaho for 2 years, your fans will make it interesting in Glendale, as I know you guys will all wanna be there

AirFishOne
12-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Wow, that's pretty bold. IDK that we've seen enough from BSU to claim that they'd destroy any top team, but I am excited to see them play. OU is a damn good team that should only have one loss. I really want to see that game if Peterson is back.

AD could of really came back if he wanted to for the Big XII title, but im sure Stoops was comfortable with Allen Patrick and Chris Brown enough to not jeperdize AD's health, we are saving him to go out in style in the Fiesta Bowl.

Mike13
12-03-2006, 01:39 PM
God, it'll be funny if USC loses to UCLA now. :lol:

Indeed.

Ohhh Snap!

Cuban Dave 9
12-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Probably the only time, I am happy being wrong

Oboy
12-04-2006, 05:18 PM
First link is updated 4 hours ago.

Looks like a Miami vs Nevada is a done deal for the MPC Computers Bowl in Boise. I'm wagering on Nevada for the upset, yo.
Is Nevada even the under-dog?

I can't see UM coming to play. How are you going to get a bunch of Miami kids to be ready to play in a COLD Dec bowl game against a team that won't attract much national publicity? Especially for a Lame Duck coach?

I would think Nevada will be the favorite. Sorry UM fans... :couch:

Rafiki
12-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Is Nevada even the under-dog?

I can't see UM coming to play. How are you going to get a bunch of Miami kids to be ready to play in a COLD Dec bowl game against a team that won't attract much national publicity? Especially for a Lame Duck coach?

I would think Nevada will be the favorite. Sorry UM fans... :couch:

There are some who would have you believe that the WAC is comparable to Division 1-AA in stregnth. Boise's accomplishment against such "weak" teams is a joke and a dishonor to the BCS system.

In fact, the WAC has teams that are of a high quality and I believe that they will sweep the bowls they are invited to: the Hawaii Bowl, the MPC Computers Bowl, the New Mexico bowl and the Fiesta Bowl. Will this be enough to silence the critics? Hell no, the elitist attitude of the East Coast towards the Western teams will always be there.

Timmy54
12-04-2006, 06:13 PM

Props for him giving Boise State the "big ups" even though they wouldn't necessarily be competitive with OSU. I do however think they will DESTROY Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.

wow really, this is the same OSU that could be playing for the National title if you take away a horrible call in Oregon! wow just wow.

Rafiki
12-04-2006, 06:15 PM
wow really, this is the same OSU that could be playing for the National title if you take away a horrible call in Oregon! wow just wow.

Oregon is no big deal. They were defeated several times during the year, even once to Oregon State who Boise defeated handily 42-14. If a Ref call was enough to win the game for Oregon, then Oklahoma didn't do a good enough job distancing themselves scorewise.

Oboy
12-04-2006, 06:17 PM
There are some who would have you believe that the WAC is comparable to Division 1-AA in stregnth. Boise's accomplishment against such "weak" teams is a joke and a dishonor to the BCS system.

In fact, the WAC has teams that are of a high quality and I believe that they will sweep the bowls they are invited to: the Hawaii Bowl, the MPC Computers Bowl, the New Mexico bowl and the Fiesta Bowl. Will this be enough to silence the critics? Hell no, the elitist attitude of the East Coast towards the Western teams will always be there.
Really?

Not trying to sound "elitist", I really have not seen much of the WAC this year. I do think Nevada will beat UM, but mainly bc I just do not see UM showing up.

Rafiki
12-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Really?

Not trying to sound "elitist", I really have not seen much of the WAC this year. I do think Nevada will beat UM, but mainly bc I just do not see UM showing up.

I don't think that's elitist and you're welcome to your opinion. It's the assumption that they're weak- along with the PAC-10 which I find elitist and provincial.

AirFishOne
12-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Oregon is no big deal. They were defeated several times during the year, even once to Oregon State who Boise defeated handily 42-14. If a Ref call was enough to win the game for Oregon, then Oklahoma didn't do a good enough job distancing themselves scorewise.

:lol: thats just the thing 13 points is enough, but no Pac-10 Refs didnt want their lil home town team to lose.

I could care less about that game now, its behind me, people need to stop bringing it up, if we did win (in the record book) I wouldnt wanna play ohio state in the NC anyways, Fiesta Bowl good enough for this Sooner :D

AirFishOne
12-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Rafiki, while I understand that the WAC is better than most think, but (and im not an expert so I may be wrong) saying that youve beaten Pac-10 teams which makes BSU a better school than most think dosent hold much water, as I only remeber you guys playing oregon st.

but what im asking is in the last 5 years, what pac 10 or other bcs confernce teams have you played? honest question, not trying to be a dick :D