PDA

View Full Version : The Official Fanboy Thread -- Wii vs. PS3 vs. 360 - FIGHT!

mor911
11-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Since everyone's stuck on doing it anyway, I'll make an attempt to keep it in a designated area.

This thread will be our "smash the other console" thread so we can keep the rest of the board clean. Since the launch of the Wii and PS3 there's been nothing but crap talk between the three in every thread made (myself included). So lets do it in here.

This is a place to talk junk about a company or console you like/dislike. It is NOT a place to talk junk about another member.

This is bound to get ugly... but let's try and remember we're all trying to play games. :cooldude:

I'll start... THE 360 SUCKS! :lol:

Motion
11-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Halo Sucks!

:chuckle:

Phin-o-rama
11-29-2006, 09:34 AM
boo, now that its not frowned upon, ive kinda lost my fight.....maybe later

Majpain
11-29-2006, 09:38 AM
I hate Final Fantasy....

O oh.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 09:50 AM
I hate Final Fantasy....

O oh.

Gears of War is OVERRATED!

Stitches
11-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Halo Rocks!

I knew you'd come around. :tongue:

Majpain
11-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Gears of War is OVERRATED!

*looks at stiches sig*

:lol:

FF is overated. The combat system is booooring :tongue:

Stitches
11-29-2006, 10:05 AM
*looks at stiches sig*

FF is overated. The combat system is booooring :tongue:

What's funny, because I play it and think it's a great game, doesn't mean I can't think it's overrated?

And which FF combat system? They change it a little bit with nearly every title.

Majpain
11-29-2006, 10:17 AM
What's funny, because I play it and think it's a great game, doesn't mean I can't think it's overrated?

And which FF combat system? They change it a little bit with nearly every title.
Oh o Stiches is taking this seriously. I could never get into a FF game. I dont know why but I lost intrest.

Motion
11-29-2006, 10:25 AM
FF is overrated

Majpain
11-29-2006, 10:26 AM
^thank you Motion.

Well the only FF that got me playing was 6 or 7.

UltraDol-Fan
11-29-2006, 10:28 AM
Resistance fall of man is teh Suxorz!

Majpain
11-29-2006, 10:39 AM
^ :hi5:

305TillIDie
11-29-2006, 10:58 AM
FF is boring :sleep:

dQbell
11-29-2006, 11:03 AM
What's a PS3?

Majpain
11-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Its the new Grill. Oh yea it doubles as a console.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 11:09 AM
FF is overrated

Tebow is underrated and terribly underutilized. :D

Majpain
11-29-2006, 11:11 AM
Tebow is overrated. :D

Oh snap no you didnt :lol:

Stitches
11-29-2006, 11:15 AM
ExciteTruck is the next revolution in video game racing. :wink:

Motion
11-29-2006, 11:15 AM

I hate you :fire:

305TillIDie
11-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Tebow is overrated. :D:lol:

Stitches
11-29-2006, 11:23 AM
I hate you :fire:

I love you. :cuddle:

Stitches
11-29-2006, 11:25 AM
no no no

Motion
11-29-2006, 11:34 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Stitches
11-29-2006, 11:35 AM
Wow. I didn't know that was a no no. Glad to know now though.

Motion
11-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Wow. I didn't know that was a no no. Glad to know now though.

Timmy54
11-29-2006, 11:37 AM

i now know why you are off the motion x-mas card list

Motion
11-29-2006, 11:40 AM
i now know why you are off the motion x-mas card list

:yes:

Stitches
11-29-2006, 11:43 AM

Fine I will go edit my post. I want that x-mas card!!

Scatman
11-29-2006, 11:44 AM
wow good thread.... (sarcasm)......

Stitches
11-29-2006, 11:44 AM

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!

Motion
11-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Tebow is underrated and terribly underutilized. :D

So true :chuckle:

Motion
11-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Great Avatar :rolleyes:

PeaTearGriffin
11-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Well i'll say something.....since when did graphics become the most important part of games??? It seems like everybody just cares about how things look and nothing eles. Heck i still play older games that i didn't when i was younger(ex: FF7). People are bashing the new zelda because of how it looks, but what about how it plays. Games can be good without graphics.

Bruzer
11-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Well i'll say something.....since when did graphics become the most important part of games??? It seems like everybody just cares about how things look and nothing eles. Heck i still play older games that i didn't when i was younger(ex: FF7). People are bashing the new zelda because of how it looks, but what about how it plays. Games can be good without graphics.

Much agreed.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 12:09 PM

Chrono Trigger!!

Or Mor's FF III even.

mor911
11-29-2006, 12:09 PM
My thing is this... I agree, graphics aren't everything. But in 2007 (almost) I WANT MY CRAP TO LOOK GOOD. The technology's there and it's not being used. Why should I settle for something that looks crappy and buy into a "revolution" (which it's not) when I can play stuff that DOES look great and does play great.

Motion
11-29-2006, 12:13 PM
Gameplay>Graphics

PeaTearGriffin
11-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Chrono Trigger!!

Or Mor's FF III even.

I forgot about chrono trigger played that about a year ago.

PeaTearGriffin
11-29-2006, 12:17 PM
My thing is this... I agree, graphics aren't everything. But in 2007 (almost) I WANT MY CRAP TO LOOK GOOD. The technology's there and it's not being used. Why should I settle for something that looks crappy and buy into a "revolution" (which it's not) when I can play stuff that DOES look great and does play great.

Graphics add to the experience, but gameplay makes the experience what it is.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 12:21 PM

I don't know, if they remade FFVII, and only changed the graphical aspect of the game, I think the experience would be much, much better. At the time of its release, the graphics were top notch, and a very influential part in making the experience what it was, not just the gameplay and story.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 12:23 PM

But it's a 'revolution' because of the motion sensing. Yet Sony is chastized for incorporating motion sensing into thier system.

Scatman
11-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Great Avatar :rolleyes:

thanks found him...and thought wow this boy has some serious swagger, not the good kind but swagger non the less. now everybody actually thinks thats me in the avatar and that im a crazy nintendo magician...wait i should way mage for all you wow peeps.

....here we go though now the mors got it rollin right, that overated stuff you guys were doing was seriously getting overated itself.

agree that gameplay is number one priority, but graphics are important in todays day in age how mor said. think about it in terms of movies, yea theres some classic older movies that you can watch cause they are what they are classics, but if a movie was released today with the same special effects as say, jurrasic park one for example, you probably wouldnt get the same results as they did in the day. cause all in all, graphics and sound = presentation, is the major way to draw you into the game. the gameplay is there to keep you in it. look at gears, its a great example of that...graphics are above pretty much anything out there right now, anyone that walsk by is visually impressed and wants to try it, then the gameply is strong enough to keep you playing and wanting more. no one walks by zelda and goes "wow, that game looks awesome!", cause it looks good for a gamecube game but not next gen. ....crap i prob just set link on fire

/runs and hides

Scatman
11-29-2006, 12:36 PM
I don't know, if they remade FFVII, and only changed the graphical aspect of the game, I think the experience would be much, much better. At the time of its release, the graphics were top notch, and a very influential part in making the experience what it was, not just the gameplay and story.

totally agree. i never got into ff7 wen it 1st came out, but after years of hereing how great it was a year or so i picked it up and tried to play it. well i couldnt stay interested for more than like 3 hours not cause game wasnt gonna be good, cause i new eventually it was, but man i just couldnt get into it to begin with, i just wasnt drawn in. ..same thing is happening to me with zelda.

Bruzer
11-29-2006, 12:41 PM
I mainly don't pay attention to graphics becuase I could care less how the game looked. I been playing snes and 64 games on my computer for a couple months now. I just really don't care about graphics. You could give me any old game with good gameplay and I would be jsut as hooked as I would be if it was great graphics.

mor911
11-29-2006, 12:49 PM
I play retro games all the time, and I love them. BUT... We're not talking about retro games. We're talking about new games in 2007 (almost :lol: ). If I can play a game like COD3 (360) that looks like COD3 (360 - meaning plays and looks great)... Why should I settle (it is settling no matter how you look at it) for it looking like it does on the Wii. Why? Because you aim with a remote? and walk with a nunchuk?

It's crap. The Wii's graphics were out dated on launch day. We're talking about a home console... NOT a handheld where past graphics is expected.

People seem to always forget that the term Videogame has two parts:

Video - meaning graphical presentation.
Game - made for fun and entertainment.

Nintendo is selling the fact that video isn't important very well and I applaud them for that. But GRAPHICS ARE IMPORTANT. Gamers still want it to look good even though it's not needed. I want my games to look good.

Motion
11-29-2006, 12:55 PM
I play retro games all the time, and I love them. BUT... We're not talking about retro games. We're talking about new games in 2007 (almost :lol: ). If I can play a game like COD3 (360) that looks like COD3 (360 - meaning plays and looks great)... Why should I settle (it is settling no matter how you look at it) for it looking like it does on the Wii. Why? Because you aim with a remote? and walk with a nunchuk?

It's crap. The Wii's graphics were out dated on launch day. We're talking about a home console... NOT a handheld where past graphics is expected.

Nintendo is selling the fact that video isn't important very well and I applaud them for that. But GRAPHICS ARE IMPORTANT. Gamers still want it to look good even though it's not needed. I want my games to look good.

I agree with Mor to an extent. I think gameplay is the most important aspect, followed closely by graphics and storyline. I can play a game that doesn't have top notch graphics as long as the gameplay and storyline is top notch, perfect example: Grand Theft Auto.

Bruzer
11-29-2006, 12:57 PM
I agree with Mor to an extent. I think gameplay is the most important aspect, followed closely by graphics and storyline. I can play a game that doesn't have top notch graphics as long as the gameplay and storyline is top notch, perfect example: Grand Theft Auto.
Well see I agree there and thats one of my points I don't pay attention to graphics. My favorite games are favorites becuase of thier storyline and gameplay. Not becuase they looked good.

-------------------------------
Reply to mor...

Thats good and fine for you then. I just don't pay attention to graphics for any system becuase i do not care. I never watch a game for its graphics so why should I pay attention to them when I play. I know im not majority because most people want graphics to match the age. Thats fine for them but I literraly just do not care. You could release a game with resident evil 2 or 3 graphics for 360 but if gameplay is great I would get it.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 12:58 PM

I agree. That's why I opted for next gen Madden and NCAA over thier ps2 counterparts even though the ps2 versions offered more. The better graphics outweighed the shortcomings of the 360 versions for me.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 12:59 PM

A good example for the opposite end of the spectrum(at the time): The Bouncer.

Bruzer
11-29-2006, 01:03 PM
I agree. That's why I opted for next gen Madden and NCAA over thier ps2 counterparts even though the ps2 versions offered more. The better graphics outweighed the shortcomings of the 360 versions for me.

My problem with that is then companies get the ideas. That they can release a game with shortcomings and becuase it looks good then gameplay becomes a number 2. Thats why im not a graphics supporter because companies get the ideas once they get one good title or good graphics it will sell no matter what people think once they buy it. Its a good move by companies but thats what im sick of.

Dol-Fan Dupree
11-29-2006, 01:29 PM
XBOX 360 looks like a pez dispenser. 2 years and they still don't have a good game out. Gears of War, more like gears of suck. Oblivian? Yea that is an awesome PC game.

Wii looks like something they pulled out of my grandma last year during surgery. If I wanted to flail around looking like a ******, I would get a lobodomy. The only way the graphics look good on this system is if I am on acid.

How did I do?

Agent51
11-29-2006, 01:33 PM
PS3 rocks, 360 is cool, Wii makes me vomit.

I'm all argued out about this, lol. I have already made all my detailed responses in other threads that WEREN'T supposed to be arguements but turned into them and pissed me off :D

Motion
11-29-2006, 01:55 PM
A good example for the opposite end of the spectrum(at the time): The Bouncer.

Great game!

Stitches
11-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Great game!

Yes, yes it was.

mor911
11-29-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm not saying graphics is everything. Like Motion said, great gameplay trumps graphics everythime (i.e. GTA), but I do want my stuff to look good. I bet you they could have released Gears of War on launch day if they would settle for it looking like Perfect Dark... But then guess what'll happen. The same people that say, "graphics isn't everything" will come in and say, "The 360 isn't even next gen... Gears of war looked like crap".

Bruzer
11-29-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm not saying graphics is everything. Like Motion said, great gameplay trumps graphics everythime (i.e. GTA), but I do want my stuff to look good. I bet you they could have released Gears of War on launch day if they would settle for it looking like Perfect Dark... But then guess what'll happen. The same people that say, "graphics isn't everything" will come in and say, "The 360 isn't even next gen... Gears of war looked like crap".

I agree there that people would have bitched but see im not part of that majority. Im not saying good graphics are a bad at all I mean i love good graphics but I dont ever pay attention to them as I use to when i was younger. played to many good graphic horribly gameplay games...

Stitches
11-29-2006, 02:04 PM
I agree there that people would have bitched but see im not part of that majority. Im not saying good graphics are a bad at all I mean i love good graphics but I dont ever pay attention to them as I use to when i was younger. played to many good graphic horribly gameplay games...

I guess I'm lucky that I haven't had that problem.

Bruzer
11-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Well im not saying this game is horrible but they could have focused on alot more things and thats oblivion. If you have played morrowind you would know that you could not just walk in every dungeon and fight your way though no problem. Where as oblivion you could be level 1 and defeat a whole cave or alyeid ruin and I have done that. They either didn't focus on the gameplay and more on graphics or dumbed it down for some other damn reason. Just thats one example where it feels graphics where more focused than gameplay.

Now oblivion is far from horrible gameplay but could have been alot better.

Driver 3 looked good for ps2 but game sucked ***. Kotor 2 great game and graphics where better than kotor 1 but the game had alot of bugs I can't even do the races because it is completely bugged another example of not making sure everything works right but graphics obviously better. There is jsut alot of things like that I run into.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Well im not saying this game is horrible but they could have focused on alot more things and thats oblivion. If you have played morrowind you would know that you could not just walk in every dungeon and fight your way though no problem. Where as oblivion you could be level 1 and defeat a whole cave or alyeid ruin and I have done that. They either didn't focus on the gameplay and more on graphics or dumbed it down for some other damn reason. Just thats one example where it feels graphics where more focused than gameplay.

Now oblivion is far from horrible gameplay but could have been alot better.

Driver 3 looked good for ps2 but game sucked ***. Kotor 2 great game and graphics where better than kotor 1 but the game had alot of bugs I can't even do the races because it is completely bugged another example of not making sure everything works right but graphics obviously better. There is jsut alot of things like that I run into.

Never played any of those. Like I said, guess I'm just lucky to have never played many games with great graphics, but terrible gameplay. Possibly because I usually check reviews on stuff before I get them. Usually.

Only game I can think of where I think the graphics are really cool, and the gameplay is lacking, is Chromehounds. But it's only the single player that I think is lacking, because on LIVE it is fun as hell.

Mike13
11-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Can't we all just get along?

NewEra8
11-29-2006, 02:21 PM
PC :monkeyr: consoles

FLOUNDER
11-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Im fond of xbox 360's myself. People say they have less games than made for ps2's and 3's....But they do have a game no other system has that i play almost 2 hours a day online... CAN YOU SAY HALO 2?

Bruzer
11-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Im fond of xbox 360's myself. People say they have less games than made for ps2's and 3's....But they do have a game no other system has that i play almost 2 hours a day online... CAN YOU SAY HALO 2?

Can you say overrated ! :D

Motion
11-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Can you say overrated ! :D

:yes: :hi5:

Phin-o-rama
11-29-2006, 02:39 PM
the halo 2 is overrated club is extremely overrated.....if the guy likes halo ...let em like it :)

ps3 sucks and bluray player inclusion is a cheap and dirty attempt at trying to force the success of a storage medium that sony will make a killing on....problem is sony, atm, is riding their previous success and thinking it guarantees them future success....right now? 360 is dominating ps3 in every aspect possible...we will see what the future holds for ps3, but they better stop taking for granted that many have found their way to 360, and are having a great time....

that said...when ps3 gets their heads out of their *****...ill probably buy one :)

Bruzer
11-29-2006, 02:41 PM
the halo 2 is overrated club is extremely overrated.....if the guy likes halo ...let em like it :)

ps3 sucks and bluray player inclusion is a cheap and dirty attempt at trying to force the success of a storage medium that sony will make a killing on....problem is sony, atm, is riding their previous success and thinking it guarantees them future success....right now? 360 is dominating ps3 in every aspect possible...we will see what the future holds for ps3, but they better stop taking for granted that many have found their way to 360, and are having a great time....

that said...when ps3 gets their heads out of their *****...ill probably buy one :)

I don't have a problem with him liking it but doesn't change I think its overrated.

Motion
11-29-2006, 02:46 PM
I don't have a problem with him liking it but doesn't change I think its overrated.

:yeahthat:

Motion
11-29-2006, 02:48 PM
360 is dominating ps3 in every aspect possible

:lol: I'm sure that has NOTHING to do with the fact that one has been out for over a year and the other has been out for less than 2 weeks.

Entertainment Value of this thread is great!

Phin-o-rama
11-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Confucius say -overratedness is in the eye of the beholder....

Motion
11-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Confucius say -overratedness is in the eye of the beholder....

No one said - Anything different.

Phin-o-rama
11-29-2006, 02:50 PM
:lol: I'm sure that has NOTHING to do with the fact that one has been out for over a year and the other has been out for less than 2 weeks.

Entertainment Value of this thread is great!

considering the ps3 delayed their launch several times, you'd think they'd have plenty of time to have a proper launch, or even some launch games that don't blow chunks.....instead they half *** the launch, depending on their previous success to carry them through....

and the funniest part is if you still think that sony's online service is anything like xbox live...please say you do because i will probably lose it :sidelol: :sidelol:

Motion
11-29-2006, 02:55 PM
considering the ps3 delayed their launch several times, you'd think they'd have plenty of time to have a proper launch, or even some launch games that don't blow chunks.....instead they half *** the launch, depending on their previous success to carry them through....

and the funniest part is if you still think that sony's online service is anything like xbox live...please say you do because i will probably lose it :sidelol: :sidelol:
:hmmm: Who said anything about the online service? Now your just reaching.

Delays are heresay and a weak excuse, you have no clue as to when Sony fully intended to launch.

Majpain
11-29-2006, 03:00 PM
I thought everyone was taking this topic seriously

:rolleyes:

Scatman
11-29-2006, 03:01 PM
XBOX 360 looks like a pez dispenser. 2 years and they still don't have a good game out. Gears of War, more like gears of suck. Oblivian? Yea that is an awesome PC game.

Wii looks like something they pulled out of my grandma last year during surgery. If I wanted to flail around looking like a ******, I would get a lobodomy. The only way the graphics look good on this system is if I am on acid.

How did I do?

player hater

Motion
11-29-2006, 03:02 PM
I thought everyone was taking this topic seriously

:rolleyes:

Take the fanboy thread seriously? Because no other threads end up the same way as this has. :rolleyes2

Stitches
11-29-2006, 03:03 PM

SOCOM much?

Though I do love Halo 2, and can play online for well over 2 hours at a time if I get in a groove. But SOCOM online is fun as hell too.

Motion
11-29-2006, 03:06 PM
SOCOM much?

Though I do love Halo 2, and can play online for well over 2 hours at a time if I get in a groove. But SOCOM online is fun as hell too.

And realistic too. :wink:

Phin-o-rama
11-29-2006, 03:07 PM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/motion23/1laugh.gif

Take the fanboy thread seriously? Because no other threads end up the same way as this has. :rolleyes2

oh...you mean with sony supporters resorting to smilies, and M$ supporters getting tattled on for a little sarcasm? yeah sounds about right :sidelol: :sidelol:

Woot!

Stitches
11-29-2006, 03:08 PM

How are they trying to force the success of something? It's not like you have to buy a ps3. That's like saying they were tring to force the success of the UMD by choosing that as the PSP's medium. If anything including the blu-ray player is anything but cheap, because they are losing money by selling the PS3 for only $600. If Sony were taking thier success for granted, they never would have delayed the PS3 to begin with, and would have it priced at like $1000.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 03:09 PM

And realistic too. :wink:

Except unrealistic when I see people in what looks like maid outfits running around with assault rifles.

Motion
11-29-2006, 03:10 PM
oh...you mean with sony supporters resorting to smilies, and M$ supporters getting tattled on for a little sarcasm? yeah sounds about right :sidelol: :sidelol:

Woot!

I'm not a Sony Supporter, and I'm not "resorting to smilies". :rolleyes2 I'm a GAMING supporter! :lol: I find it hilarious that most of you can't just be gaming fans and have to choose sides and bash the "other" systems and start pointless threads on meaningless topics such as disc padding, no name games losing exclusivity, etc.. just to take any jab possible at the other companies. Its pathetic really. I don't bash MS, I'm a huge Forza fan. I just like to hear the elaborations on the Sony bashing. I don't know what your talking about with the rest of that post.

Motion
11-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Except unrealistic when I see people in what looks like maid outfits running around with assault rifles.

:lol: There are some crazy dressed terrorists out there.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 03:15 PM
:lol: There are some crazy dressed terrorists out there.
In the middle of a field?!?!

Next to a guy who's camo is shrubbery?!?

I'd say they are crazy, thats like in the Office when Steve Carrel showed up to thin Indian celebration(the name of the holiday eludes me) in his halloween costume. Awkward...

Majpain
11-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Guys I'm not a big fan of Zelda either.... Not a fan of Elfs in tights.

Motion
11-29-2006, 03:23 PM
In the middle of a field?!?!

Next to a guy who's camo is shrubbery?!?

I'd say they are crazy, thats like in the Office when Steve Carrel showed up to thin Indian celebration(the name of the holiday eludes me) in his halloween costume. Awkward...

I love those ghillie suits!

FLOUNDER
11-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Halo 3 will be coming out shortly...

But i suppose halo 2 is overrated, considering millions play it..I guess those millions of people dont know an overrated game from a good one

Gears of war also!!...I dont believe gears of war comes out on PS3 does it?

Phin-o-rama
11-29-2006, 03:32 PM
no gow on ps3....but they do have resistance: fall of sony!

Motion
11-29-2006, 03:33 PM

But i suppose halo 2 is overrated, considering millions play it..I guess those millions of people dont know an overrated game from a good one

Overrated doesn't mean its a bad game, just not as good as some make it out to be.

And no, Gears of War will not be out for PS3.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 03:34 PM
I love those ghillie suits!

I love 'em too. I'm jealous of people with them, because I never unlocked them.

Bruzer

Ok tell me one thing that halo does that no other shooter has ever done. If halo had ever came to pc before xbox it would have been a medicore shooter thats it. xbox had nothing better at the time so first one was a hit. Second one sold just becuase of its name. There is absolutely nothing special about halo in any way. More people play world of warcraft than any other game does that make it the best game ever no. Although i heard it is good. Halo was just the first decent game on a system that had no real selection so it was rated higher than it deserved. Although if its rated compared to other xbox games and not other shooters than its probably rated fine. Halo compared to 90% of shooters out there its exactly same no real difference.

Majpain
I heard Halo 3 is going to be much diffrent than the previous 2 games. Hopefully thats a plus.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 03:35 PM
Guys I'm not a big fan of Zelda either.... Not a fan of Elfs in tights.

Come on now, I bet you loved that Will Ferrell movie.

Motion
11-29-2006, 03:35 PM
I love 'em too. I'm jealous of people with them, because I never unlocked them.

I think they are standard on Combined Assualt, I know the IW and STG guns are.

Majpain
11-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Come on now, I bet you loved that Will Ferrell movie.

It had its moments but I felt like the movie let me down.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Ok tell me one thing that halo does that no other shooter has ever done. If halo had ever came to pc before xbox it would have been a medicore shooter thats it. xbox had nothing better at the time so first one was a hit. Second one sold just becuase of its name. There is absolutely nothing special about halo in any way. More people play world of warcraft than any other game does that make it the best game ever no. Although i heard it is good. Halo was just the first decent game on a system that had no real selection so it was rated higher than it deserved. Although if its rated compared to other xbox games and not other shooters than its probably rated fine. Halo compared to 90% of shooters out there its exactly same no real difference.

Most shooters are the same though. And as far as console shooters go, I thought Halo(2) was a great overall product: gameplay, story(not counting the end of 2), graphics, and multiplayer. And to me there is a difference compared to some other shooters I've played, and that is that I don't really get bored with Halo, especially online, because you usually get matched up in ways that make the game challenging more often than not. I'm not saying the game isn't overrated, it is what it is, and that is still a great game IMO.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 03:40 PM
It had its moments but I felt like the movie let me down.

I never saw it, so I really don't know.

Phin-o-rama
11-29-2006, 03:45 PM

best shooter out that wasn't on a pc....i imagine thats why so many people went nuts over it, as they weren't really pc gamers prior to that. if i had not been playing kickass pc games for 2 years before halo came out and was strictly a console gamer i would have flipped for halo as well.

Bruzer
11-29-2006, 03:45 PM
Most shooters are the same though. And as far as console shooters go, I thought Halo(2) was a great overall product: gameplay, story(not counting the end of 2), graphics, and multiplayer. And to me there is a difference compared to some other shooters I've played, and that is that I don't really get bored with Halo, especially online, because you usually get matched up in ways that make the game challenging more often than not. I'm not saying the game isn't overrated, it is what it is, and that is still a great game IMO.

See I think its a good game but not great. Now Halo compared to other xbox games is I admit a damn good game. Although compared to the full genre of shooters its not all that great. As for console of last gen halo was probably best shooter. I am saying in the genre of shooters as a whole Halo is nothing new or different. Now gears i have not played but would like to try it atleast tries a few different things. So its rating may be about right.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 03:51 PM
See I think its a good game but not great. Now Halo compared to other xbox games is I admit a damn good game. Although compared to the full genre of shooters its not all that great. As for console of last gen halo was probably best shooter. I am saying in the genre of shooters as a whole Halo is nothing new or different. Now gears i have not played but would like to try it atleast tries a few different things. So its rating may be about right.

Well I never had a PC that could handle anything close to top end games(if even mediocre ones), until recently. I was strictly a console gamer. So compared to console shooters I have played, Halo(2) is way above them. I'm not disagreeing that it is possibly a mediocre shooter when compared to all in the genre, but I don't compare console games to pc games, I compare it to things that are available for me to play. I mean the main reason I got an xbox back in march was strictly to be able to play Halo 2 online with my friends, so it had to be a great game IMO to cause me to spend $120. Again, not to say it is a great game, just that I see it as a great game.

xDOLPHINSx
11-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Wow, a lot of Halo haters in the room huh. Its a great game, no other game i have played even comes close to its online multiplayer. They've gotta be doin something right if sooo many people are still playing it 2 years after launch. I dont see how it can be overrated when so many people play it. I actually stopped playing it regularly like a year ago, but when i do play it, its just as fun as it has always been. Overrated?? whatever.

Bruzer
11-29-2006, 06:04 PM
None have pointed out something it does different to make it deserve a godly praise. Hell people still play counter strike and day of defeat they are like almost 8 - 10 years old now. So actually I would say thier mutliplayer is better based on your anaylasis. They are also shooters. Now compared to other console games like i said it may be rated right. Against the shooter genre it does not deserve the rank it gets. Thats my opinion I know but I look at the bigger picture. As once agian i will say compared to console shooters yes its probably best. Compared to shooter genre its nothing real great.

Phin-o-rama
11-29-2006, 06:17 PM
best shooter out that wasn't on a pc....i imagine thats why so many people went nuts over it, as they weren't really pc gamers prior to that. if i had not been playing kickass pc games for 2 years before halo came out and was strictly a console gamer i would have flipped for halo as well.

mor911
11-29-2006, 06:33 PM
.best.post.ever.

Bruzer
11-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Anyways im off halo subject alot of people like it but about same amount of people dislike it. Whats next :)

PeaTearGriffin
11-29-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm going to agree with halo2 being overrated however, i too have been playing FPS on the PC for the past like 6 years.

PeaTearGriffin
11-29-2006, 06:58 PM
also, the GTA games bore me.

Predaphin
11-29-2006, 06:59 PM
The PS3 pleads no contest as it has yet to be played by millions. Therefore, the jury is still out. Try again later.

Majpain
11-29-2006, 08:23 PM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/motion23/1laugh.gif

The funnays.

rob19
11-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Im not a fanboy of any system, im gonna try to get all three. I already have a 360, Im going to try to get a wii as soon as possible, and a ps3 next year.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 09:21 PM
None have pointed out something it does different to make it deserve a godly praise. Hell people still play counter strike and day of defeat they are like almost 8 - 10 years old now. So actually I would say thier mutliplayer is better based on your anaylasis. They are also shooters. Now compared to other console games like i said it may be rated right. Against the shooter genre it does not deserve the rank it gets. Thats my opinion I know but I look at the bigger picture. As once agian i will say compared to console shooters yes its probably best. Compared to shooter genre its nothing real great.

I know you moved on, but I just wanted to say that people who only play consoles don't compare console games to pc games. So it was new, and better than all the rest. They only compare it to what is available to them. So you will be hard pressed to find those people who like it to say it is overrated. I never got into CS on the computer, but I know many of my friends raved about it. Is it great? I'm sure. But I never even thought about how it compared to Halo, because I had only minimal exposure to it. Everyone looks at things differently, that's all. So overrated is an opinion, just like amazing game is. To each his own.

dolphan117
11-29-2006, 10:00 PM

Entertainment Value of this thread is great!I will say this-Sony did the PS3 on a 5 year window for a price tag of just under $1,000 per unit. (Cost to build, not sell) Microsoft put out the 360 on a 3 year window for (If I remember correctly) right around $700. Sony had an extra 2 years to develop the system and is spending over 25% more on every unit they make than Microsoft. The PS3 should absolutely kick the 360 ***........ And it doesn't look like it will, its supposed to have slightly higher high end processing power and graphics but both are more difficult to utilize than the processing/video power of the 360 and programmers reportedly hate writing for it. I know its too early to judge the system based on the games but based on how long Sony took to develop it and the money they spent on it the early feedback is somewhat disappointing.

Mike13
11-29-2006, 11:09 PM
I find it hilarious that most of you can't just be gaming fans and have to choose sides and bash the "other" systems and start pointless threads on meaningless topics such as disc padding, no name games losing exclusivity, etc.. just to take any jab possible at the other companies. Its pathetic really.

:yeahthat: Who really gives a ****?

dolphan117
11-29-2006, 11:37 PM
Why I dont like the Wii

He explained that much of the thinking behind the Wii came from trying to imagine what would convince mothers to buy a console for their kids - "We talked about basic concepts and goals, not about the technical specifications of the console.
"Our goal was to come up with a machine that moms would want - easy to use, quick to start up, not a huge energy drain, and quiet while it was running," Miyamoto said.Link (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=21162)
That's the fundamental problem I have with the system, it was designed as a mommy friendly system from the start. I don't want a mommy friendly system. I want a bad-*** shooter console that moms shake their heads at.

Edit-I also have real questions about how practical the controller is for hard core gamers who spend hours at a time gaming..... My arm is going to be ready to fall off if I play a game for 4 hours straight where I have to use that controller as a gun at shoulder level.... Probably fun for the first 30 minutes but after that? I mean its a cool idea but when I want to work out, I just work out. When I play games its to kick back a relax, not build up my right shoulder stamina.

King Felix
11-29-2006, 11:58 PM
final fantasy sucks

King Felix
11-30-2006, 12:04 AM
i dont know how anyone could take time out of there life to even argue about what game system is better....i dont know about most of you but i havent played all 3 so why should i judge which is better and which is worse? am i missing something or are some of you guys getting checks from microsoft, sony, or nintendo??

Phin-o-rama
11-30-2006, 12:09 AM
i get paid by M$, besides i enjoy reading/learning and discussing electronics..../shrug its a hobby :)

King Felix
11-30-2006, 12:16 AM
i get paid by M$, besides i enjoy reading/learning and discussing electronics..../shrug its a hobby :)i can see how u like to read and learn about them...but why would you(not you directly) argue over something like a video game system? i dont see the point...

Dolfan984
11-30-2006, 12:29 AM

They would make so much money with a FFVII remake.

Dol-Fan Dupree
11-30-2006, 12:30 AM
i get paid by M$, besides i enjoy reading/learning and discussing electronics..../shrug its a hobby :)

I get paid by M$ as well. Well by proxy.

Mike13
11-30-2006, 12:42 AM
hmm I guess I'm one of the few

Well enjoy your idotic ramblings.

Majpain
11-30-2006, 12:49 AM
Oh yes Wow is overated. Oh boy cant wait to hear back.

DeathStar
11-30-2006, 01:14 AM
Oh yes Wow is overated. Oh boy cant wait to hear back.
haha, you love wow. dont lie now.

Majpain
11-30-2006, 01:22 AM
haha, you love wow. dont lie now.

I played the Trial had fun with Mor but then it got old reeeeal fast. I even played with all the races. I guess I'm not a fan of the MMo's.

DonShula84
11-30-2006, 01:26 AM
I played the Trial had fun with Mor but then it got old reeeeal fast. I even played with all the races. I guess I'm not a fan of the MMo's.

It's cause you have ADD and need instant gratification imo

Majpain
11-30-2006, 01:29 AM
It's cause you have ADD and need instant gratification imo

No the combat wasnt engaging. There something about killing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over that inst very appealing. Atleast with a game like Diablo you could get to lvl 50+ in a couple of hours.

DonShula84
11-30-2006, 01:39 AM
No the combat wasnt engaging. There something about killing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over that inst very appealing. Atleast with a game like Diablo you could get to lvl 50+ in a couple of hours.

I agree. FF 7 was a lot of fun, the new one is pretty fun. A couple of the others I played sucked. MMOs get old pretty quick, but if you want a long game that will last a while they are great. Just switch to an FPS when you get bored and go back to the MMO later.

Majpain
11-30-2006, 01:47 AM
I agree. FF 7 was a lot of fun, the new one is pretty fun. A couple of the others I played sucked. MMOs get old pretty quick, but if you want a long game that will last a while they are great. Just switch to an FPS when you get bored and go back to the MMO later.

I guess I havent found the right MMO. Never really was a fan of Warcraft. Boy do I love them shootin games :goof:

Majpain
11-30-2006, 01:50 AM
http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omglvl40dv2.jpg

Had tyo post it :lol:

Phinz420
11-30-2006, 01:55 AM

:roflmao:

Phinz420
11-30-2006, 01:57 AM
I guess I havent found the right MMO. Never really was a fan of Warcraft. Boy do I love them shootin games :goof:
Mark my words, I will convert you to Conan when it is released!

What sounds more fun?

Running around delivering boar skin for 4 silver pieces......

Or decapitating an enemy while defending your guild's castle from a seige lead by an opposing guild who wants your turf for their own?!

Massive battles that actually mean something!

Majpain
11-30-2006, 02:02 AM
Mark my words, I will convert you to Conan when it is released!

What sounds more fun?

Running around delivering boar skin for 4 silver pieces......

Or decapitating an enemy while defending your guild's castle from a seige lead by an opposing guild who wants your turf for their own?!

Massive battles that actually mean something!

Conan does look good. Though I need to get a job if I want to play it.

Phinz420
11-30-2006, 02:08 AM
Conan does look good. Though I need to get a job if I want to play it.

It was announced recently that FUNCOM has begun work on a port of Age of Conan for one of the next gen consoles. My bet is that it is going to be for the 360. The amount of time it would take them to port AOC to the PS3 would take much longer than a port to the 360. They will be announcing new details soon about a console release.

Majpain
11-30-2006, 02:13 AM
OOO then very possible of me buying if it gets ported.

Bruzer
11-30-2006, 08:09 AM
I know you moved on, but I just wanted to say that people who only play consoles don't compare console games to pc games. So it was new, and better than all the rest. They only compare it to what is available to them. So you will be hard pressed to find those people who like it to say it is overrated. I never got into CS on the computer, but I know many of my friends raved about it. Is it great? I'm sure. But I never even thought about how it compared to Halo, because I had only minimal exposure to it. Everyone looks at things differently, that's all. So overrated is an opinion, just like amazing game is. To each his own.

I don't know why pc and console shouldn't be mixed together. They are both games its not like pc or console has some magical touch that makes them non comparable. Whenever there is a horror game for pc I hear it compared to resident evil and silent hill which are both console games so why can't a console game be judged agianst pc. Yes pc is more expensive but none the less is basically a gaming machine no different than xbox, ps or nintendo. Only diffrence is pc can do more.

Stitches
11-30-2006, 09:21 AM
I don't know why pc and console shouldn't be mixed together. They are both games its not like pc or console has some magical touch that makes them non comparable. Whenever there is a horror game for pc I hear it compared to resident evil and silent hill which are both console games so why can't a console game be judged agianst pc. Yes pc is more expensive but none the less is basically a gaming machine no different than xbox, ps or nintendo. Only diffrence is pc can do more.

I didn't say pc games and console games shouldn't be compared to each other, I said I don't because I only compare things that are available to me. And playing pc games was never an option for me, so I didn't even consider what those were like. Playing games on a pc to me is a secondary function for the pc at best. I know they make pc's specifically for gaming, but a standard pc I would not consider a gaming machine at all, and I view them as being considerably different from consoles.

Majpain
11-30-2006, 09:33 AM

I'm sorry but this is comedy gold.

Stitches
11-30-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm sorry but this is comedy gold.

When am I gonna hit lvl 40? :(

Majpain
11-30-2006, 10:02 AM
When am I gonna hit lvl 40? :(

When you spend 100 to have some random person lvl upyour character :lol:

That or sell your soul!

Stitches
11-30-2006, 10:14 AM
When you spend 100 to have some random person lvl upyour character :lol:

That or sell your soul!

Can't I just pay someone to level up a character for me? You know, so I ruin the game for everyone who does stuff on thier own.

Majpain
11-30-2006, 10:27 AM
Can't I just pay someone to level up a character for me? You know, so I ruin the game for everyone who does stuff on thier own.

Yup. Why would you spend any amount of money is beyond me. Go for it stiches.

Stitches
11-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Yup. Why would you spend any amount of money is beyond me. Go for it stiches.

Don't yo want to be able to ride a giant dog?

Majpain
11-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Don't yo want to be able to ride a giant dog?

Hells yeah.

Stiches I can never tell when you are serious or joking :lol:

Scatman
11-30-2006, 10:47 AM

damn that might actually beat my avatar

the only thing is mines is for real....so it makes the nerd even crazier....but wow that pic is funny

Stitches
11-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Hells yeah.

Stiches I can never tell when you are serious or joking :lol:

I always forget smilies.

Majpain
11-30-2006, 11:11 AM
I always forget smilies.

Thats what throws me off. YOU ARE A MYSTERY, sorta like PAT :wink::tongue:

Motion
11-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Thats what throws me off. YOU ARE A MYSTERY, sorta like PAT :wink::tongue:

Stitches
11-30-2006, 11:45 AM

Terrible movie. Just terrible.

Joe Flipper
11-30-2006, 11:55 AM

Why settle for less....When you can have BOTH....thats the XBOX 360 !!

Majpain
11-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Terrible movie. Just terrible.

Camon it wasnt that bad. It was very suspenseful.

Bruzer
11-30-2006, 03:12 PM
Why settle for less....When you can have BOTH....thats the XBOX 360 !! Sorry xbox doesnt make the gameplay developers do.... So i got to say why settle for fanboyism and own every system and no competition for games.

Dolfan984
11-30-2006, 03:16 PM
final fantasy sucks

pfft you have no taste in games bro

Majpain
11-30-2006, 03:26 PM
pfft you have no taste in games bro

Seriously the only good FF game IMO was 6 or 7. I forget which one.

Stitches
11-30-2006, 03:35 PM

Only bad one I know of was 11, and it's not bad, it just wasn't my cup of tea(yet to play X-2 though). They have all been good games, a few of them have been simply amazing though.

Majpain
11-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Recently the FF games have been going down hill.

Stitches
11-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Recently the FF games have been going down hill.

I thought X was great, yet to play XII but it looks sweet, VIII was no VII but still awesome, and IX was the weakest of these mentioned so far, and I thought it was still better than majority of games out there.

mor911
11-30-2006, 03:56 PM
FF4 and 6 for the SNES are probably my favorites. FF7 was great. FF8 i hated. FF9 i loved. Not the best game in the world, but I loved that they went back to the roots of FF instead of the new "realistic" look to characters. FFX (despite the strong fan following) is crap. It's linear and dull. The story is overdonw and week. FF11... well WoW (get it?). FF12 is great, it has great characters and a strong story line. The development systema and battle system has some serious flaws and the game is WAY over rated. Not a bad game, just doesn't live up (not even close) to the classic final fantasy's of yesteryears.

TheMageGandalf
11-30-2006, 04:28 PM
FF 2 and 3 for the American SNES were great as was FFVII for the PS1.

Other than those I never really thought FF was that great.

Talking about RPG's, Phantasy Star 2, 3, and 4 were good too.

Dolfan984
12-01-2006, 03:16 AM

Final Fantasy 7 was just about the greatest game of all time.

Dolfan984
12-01-2006, 03:18 AM
I thought X was great, yet to play XII but it looks sweet, VIII was no VII but still awesome, and IX was the weakest of these mentioned so far, and I thought it was still better than majority of games out there.

12 isn't bad. Not my favorite but I'm enjoying it (56 hours into it)

6 kicked ***

7 was the best

8 was bleg

9 was okay

10 was good but overrated

11 is an MMO and I'm just not an MMO guy but I heard the story was awesome

Phinz420
12-01-2006, 11:22 AM

It's definately up there. FF7 was the first FF I played, and the first RPG I might add. It hooked me into it's storyline like no game had before it, and had some astonishing CG throughout the entire game.

I enjoyed FFX's sphere grid set up/character development, but I do have to agree with Mor in that it was a very linear story. I did get one of my friends to try out FFX and he was hooked on that almost as much as I was on FF7 back in the day.

Bruzer
12-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Only final fantasy I have played was part of 10 It was alright I just didnt like the combat system. 12 my sister just got it looks interresting I may try it.

Phinz420
12-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Only final fantasy I have played was part of 10 It was alright I just didnt like the combat system. 12 my sister just got it looks interresting I may try it.
Just stay away from FFX-2.....

unless you really, really enjoy Charlie's Angels :lol:

mor911
12-01-2006, 11:28 AM
I think that what it boils down to is when you were introduced to the genre. My first Final Fantasy game was FF1 on NES. It has little/no story line, hard as hell for beginners and just plain dull. FF2 (only FF2 in the US, it was actually FF4) was the first FF game (or game period) to have a powerful epic storyline with characters you fell in love with. It was the first RPG that drew me in.

What it boils down to, is the guys whos first FF game was a classic SNES version tend to say those were the good times.. the guys whos first FF was 7 tend to lean that way. I think FF3 (6) for SNES was better than FF7. Just my opinion.

Bruzer
12-01-2006, 11:34 AM
See I can bet final fantasy is a great game if oyu like the combat system. It has all the makings I just don't like the combat so I don't enjoy it personally. Although I can clearly see it has the makings for most of them to be a good game.

rob19
12-02-2006, 01:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz3y0SCkHA4&mode=related&search

Majpain
12-02-2006, 01:38 PM

Well I wouldnt agree with you there but it was pretty damn good. Id say best in the series.

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-02-2006, 03:30 PM
Well I wouldnt agree with you there but it was pretty damn good. Id say best in the series.

I think Final Fantasy 6 was better myself. 7 felt a little too much of playing to get to the next cut scene.