PDA

View Full Version : Would This Be Possible?

Agent51
11-29-2006, 01:52 PM
So I got this idea yesterday (while drinking, lol) that it would be cool to have the PS3, 360, and the 360's HD-DVD drive in one box. I don't know why, like I said, I was drinking, lol. But then it got me thinking, would it be possible to take the inner workings out of the cases of these machines and build some sort of custom housing for all of it and have essentially one case for 2 gaming systems and a HD-DVD player? I know heating issues would have to be solved and all of that crap, but I'm just wondering if it's possible, not how hard it would be. I think I could design a much cooler looking case than the 360 and especially the PS3 (sorry Sony, I've always liked your system better, but the 360 has you beat in looks this time around), so it would be cool to have like a PS360 gaming system, lol.

Alex44
11-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Hmmm I dont know but Drinking and thinking is generally not a good combo :lol:

Stitches
11-29-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm almost certain I could do it with a little bit of tinkering, however I doubt I could fit all of it in to a very attractive package. It'd look an awful lot like a computer tower or entertainment cube(as in very big). Mine wold also have 3 seprate disk slots, as I don't have any clue how to incorporate all 3 into one drive if that were even possible, which I don't think it is right now. I have to imagine it'd be pretty loud too due to the cooling fan(s) you would need.

mor911
11-29-2006, 02:01 PM
I think it'd be awesome.

Agent51
11-29-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm almost certain I could do it with a little bit of tinkering, however I doubt I could fit all of it in to a very attractive package. It'd look an awful lot like a computer tower or entertainment cube(as in very big). Mine wold also have 3 seprate disk slots, as I don't have any clue how to incorporate all 3 into one drive if that were even possible, which I don't think it is right now. I have to imagine it'd be pretty loud too due to the cooling fan(s) you would need.

Well I was expecting it to be big, lol, but at the same time, surround sound amps and recievers are pretty bulky boxes, so if you made it the size of 2 of those (like an amp and reciever stacked) then it would be pretty uniform with your other components. I'm one of those people that likes all my stuff to match, and my surround sound setup and my TV are silver, along with the DVR and all the other components, but the PS3 is black and the 360 is white, so they throw it off. I'm thinking it would be cool to build an enclosure that looks liek the reciever/amp stack to sit next to it. As far as having everything be on one disk drive, I wasn't really talking that in depth, lol. I was basicalyl just talking about putting all the components of the 3 things into one case, so the box would still have 3 disc slots (360, HD-DVD, and PS3 drives). Also, I'm thinking the back would just mimick the back of those three things, I wouldn't try to re-wire it so that all 3 video sources go into just one component or HDMI spot (way to complicated for my knowledge level, lol). So basically the back would have 2 component outputs (360 and HD-DVD drive) plus an HDMI output (PS3) and then all of the USB and ethernet etc connections found on all the machines.

I'm not even talking about moving stuff around, basically I just wanna take the electronics out of their respective cases and stack them into one uniform case. I've got plenty of time to plan, as I'm only semi-serious plus it's winter surf season so I don't have time for big projects right now, plus I don't have a PS3 yet, nor do I think I'll be able to find one anytime soon, lol.

Bruzer
11-29-2006, 02:43 PM
I seen it done with a xbox, ps2 and gamecube so yea its possible.

Stitches
11-29-2006, 03:12 PM
Well I was expecting it to be big, lol, but at the same time, surround sound amps and recievers are pretty bulky boxes, so if you made it the size of 2 of those (like an amp and reciever stacked) then it would be pretty uniform with your other components. I'm one of those people that likes all my stuff to match, and my surround sound setup and my TV are silver, along with the DVR and all the other components, but the PS3 is black and the 360 is white, so they throw it off. I'm thinking it would be cool to build an enclosure that looks liek the reciever/amp stack to sit next to it. As far as having everything be on one disk drive, I wasn't really talking that in depth, lol. I was basicalyl just talking about putting all the components of the 3 things into one case, so the box would still have 3 disc slots (360, HD-DVD, and PS3 drives). Also, I'm thinking the back would just mimick the back of those three things, I wouldn't try to re-wire it so that all 3 video sources go into just one component or HDMI spot (way to complicated for my knowledge level, lol). So basically the back would have 2 component outputs (360 and HD-DVD drive) plus an HDMI output (PS3) and then all of the USB and ethernet etc connections found on all the machines.

I'm not even talking about moving stuff around, basically I just wanna take the electronics out of their respective cases and stack them into one uniform case. I've got plenty of time to plan, as I'm only semi-serious plus it's winter surf season so I don't have time for big projects right now, plus I don't have a PS3 yet, nor do I think I'll be able to find one anytime soon, lol.

Ok, well I'm certain you could do it like that. Let me know after surf season how the planning goes, lol.