PDA

View Full Version : Madden and NCAA alternative uni's hit marketplace today

Marino2Clayton
11-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Alternative and Throwback Jersey packs are supposedly hitting Xbox Live's marketplace today.

The best part is that they are free!!!

Here is an unofficial list from OperationSports.com...

Madden NFL 07

AFC East Throwback Uniforms: Throwback uniforms for the Bills, Jets & Patriots; alternate uniform for the Dolphins.

AFC North Throwback Uniforms: Throwback uniforms for the Steelers & Browns; alternate uniforms for the Bengals & Ravens.

AFC South Throwback Uniforms: Throwback uniform for the Titans; alternate uniforms for the Colts, Texans & Jaguars.

AFC West Throwback Uniforms: Throwback uniforms for the Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs & Raiders.

NFC East Throwback Uniforms: Throwback uniforms for the Cowboys, Eagles, Giants & Redskins.

NFC North Throwback Uniforms: Throwback uniforms for the Bears, Lions & Packers; 2005 season uniform for the Vikings.

NFC South Throwback Uniforms: Throwback uniforms for the Bucs, Falcons & Saints; alternate uniform for the Panthers.

NFC West Throwback Uniforms: Throwback uniforms for the Cardinals, 49ers, Rams & Seahawks.

NOTE: All Madden uniforms are either throwback uniforms or alternate uniforms. The throwback uniforms were either the 75th Anniversary uniforms that were worn in the 1994-1995 season; for teams that aren’t 75 years old, the throwbacks were worn in the league, but not during the anniversary season. Alternate uniforms were uniforms teams wore at least once in the 2005 season.

NCAA Football 07

Alt Uniforms - Big 10, Pac 10, Notre Dame: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan St., Northwestern, Purdue, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Arizona, Cal, Oregon, Stanford, Washington, WSU

Alt Uniforms – ACC: Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Miami, North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest

Alt Uniforms - Big East, Conf. USA: Cincinnati, Connecticut Louisville, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, USF, Syracuse, West Virginia, Marshall, UCF, Houston

Alt Uniforms - SEC, Mtn. West: Florida, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Colorado State, UNLV, San Diego State, TCU, Utah, Wyoming

Alt Uniforms - Big 12, WAC: Baylor, Colorado, Iowa St, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma St, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Boise St, Hawaii, LA Tech, Nevada, Utah St

Marino2Clayton
11-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Update from EA's website...

"I have received word that the uniforms will be available late tonight, potentially in the wee hours of the morning. I just wanted to give everyone a heads up so that you aren't having to check periodically during the day. I'll keep you updated if I hear something new. "

Timmy54
11-30-2006, 03:28 PM
no throwback for the fins, only the orange alternate?? whats up with that

StormSurge
11-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Now THAT is good news, especially considering EA's history here. Also, as much as it would've pained me, I probably would've bought them.

No throwback for the Phins??

Also, UConn has an alternate jersey? Weird.

mor911
11-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Not like EA to give stuff away for free... Nice!

Stitches
11-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Not like EA to give stuff away for free... Nice!

I'm actually waiting for someone to ***** about them not putting these jerseys in the game to begin with.

Dolfan984
11-30-2006, 06:17 PM
WTF the Dolphins throwbacks are so clean it's a crime to not release them

darkmistress
11-30-2006, 08:33 PM
I'm actually waiting for someone to ***** about them not putting these jerseys in the game to begin with.

well...

Agent51
12-01-2006, 09:59 AM

I already did when the game came out :D

Not going to get back into my whole rant, but I am going to say that EA definately did the right thing making them free (even though it took them 3 months to finally post them) :up:

FLOUNDER
12-01-2006, 06:31 PM
What do you mean alternate jerseys?

When you play online you can now get alternate jerseys or something like that?

Would somebody explain

Reminisce32
12-01-2006, 10:46 PM
no orange jersey for phins, all they did was make it so jersey and pants are both aqua. LOL

Mike13
12-02-2006, 12:37 AM
no orange jersey for phins, all they did was make it so jersey and pants are both aqua. LOL

Thats Saban for ya!

Marino2Clayton
12-02-2006, 02:20 AM
I was hoping it would be white on white. :(

Agent51
12-02-2006, 09:34 AM

That's my favorite uniform, the aqua jersey and aqua pants. I always use that for home and the white jersey/aqua pants for away games. I'm not a fan of the all white, or the aqua jersey/white pants.

Stitches
12-02-2006, 10:13 AM
That's my favorite uniform, the aqua jersey and aqua pants. I always use that for home and the white jersey/aqua pants for away games. I'm not a fan of the all white, or the aqua jersey/white pants.

The aqua on aqua is my favorite home jersey too.

brandon27
12-02-2006, 03:41 PM
no throwback for the fins, only the orange alternate?? whats up with that

I just downloaded them... I was anticipating the Orange Alternate... but theyre the all teal ones... shirts and pants. While they look decent, I really would have preferred the Orange as im sure many of you here to agree

Dolfan11
12-02-2006, 07:11 PM
How can they not notice that the Dolphins wear white/white every home and away game? How they do not make available this uniform that they wear every game is beyond my understanding.

Agent51
12-04-2006, 11:04 AM
How can they not notice that the Dolphins wear white/white every home and away game? How they do not make available this uniform that they wear every game is beyond my understanding.

How do they not just INCLUDE every alternate and throwback uniform for all the teams in the first place, especially when the current-gen versions have every single uniform combo for all the teams :fire:

$10 MORE for better graphics but much worse gameplay and features :shakeno:. This is sad because I'm a Madden fan, but I just can't help but criticize the "next-gen" version. MAYBE they had an ecuse for not including anything with Madden 06 for the 360, but it's been a year and you still can't edit players equipment or numbers, you don't have all the jersey options, you can't delete created players once you make them, you'd have to completely delete the roster save and start over, and the whole "Hall of Fame" players as free agents is the most annoying thing EVER, and you can't even turn them off or delete them. It sucks when you import a draft class then wait to play the team to see how the rookie does and he isn't starting because Y.A. Tittle was signed as a free agent rated 99 overall, so Vince Young will never get a starting look.

Stitches
12-04-2006, 11:43 AM
How do they not just INCLUDE every alternate and throwback uniform for all the teams in the first place, especially when the current-gen versions have every single uniform combo for all the teams :fire:

$10 MORE for better graphics but much worse gameplay and features :shakeno:. This is sad because I'm a Madden fan, but I just can't help but criticize the "next-gen" version. MAYBE they had an ecuse for not including anything with Madden 06 for the 360, but it's been a year and you still can't edit players equipment or numbers, you don't have all the jersey options, you can't delete created players once you make them, you'd have to completely delete the roster save and start over, and the whole "Hall of Fame" players as free agents is the most annoying thing EVER, and you can't even turn them off or delete them. It sucks when you import a draft class then wait to play the team to see how the rookie does and he isn't starting because Y.A. Tittle was signed as a free agent rated 99 overall, so Vince Young will never get a starting look.

You could just save a roster before completeing anything, and then you don't have to worry about created or HOF players.

And I have no problem with the gameplay. I've said a lot of times, that it's the funnest I've had playing since Madden 04.

Agent51
12-04-2006, 12:17 PM
You could just save a roster before completeing anything, and then you don't have to worry about created or HOF players.

And I have no problem with the gameplay. I've said a lot of times, that it's the funnest I've had playing since Madden 04.

Did you always play on XBox though, or PS2? The issues I have with the gameplay are pretty much all with the controls. I know you can change them to the layout of the PS2 version, but you can ONLY use defaults in SS mode, so either way you have to play with the crappy (crappy for me since I've played every single Madden, outside of '94 for Sega Genesis, on a playstation) controls at some point. Also, the gameplay feels a bit more "arcady" and "loose' than the PS2 version to me.

The graphics and tackle animations are the best I have seen though.

I didn't even think of saving the roster before the HOF stuff, I jumped right into SS mode and it autopmatically started unlocking them. I wish there were a way to turn them off or delete them, because having teams full of 99-rated players gets annoying, lol.

Also, I know you don't mind the player editing, or lackthereof, but I do, as do many others. I just don't understand why it wouldn't be in there, it's been a staple in the current versions for years. It seems liek a tiny feature, but it adds so much. Especially when you wanna create a guy and the number is already taken. Normally you'd just edit that other guys number and BAM, problem solved in like 4 seconds. Now you have to release the guy with your number, make your player, sign him, then go back and sign the guy you released, which usually ends up being for MORE money than he was originally getting. IDK, it's just annoying, editing players is one of the features I used the most in Madden, and I just think a "next-gen" game should have all the features of the current-gen games and then some, because if it's just better graphics and tackle animations then it's not next-gen to me, as that is the stuff that gets upgraded every year anyway.

darkmistress
12-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Did you always play on XBox though, or PS2? The issues I have with the gameplay are pretty much all with the controls. I know you can change them to the layout of the PS2 version, but you can ONLY use defaults in SS mode, so either way you have to play with the crappy (crappy for me since I've played every single Madden, outside of '94 for Sega Genesis, on a playstation) controls at some point. Also, the gameplay feels a bit more "arcady" and "loose' than the PS2 version to me.

The graphics and tackle animations are the best I have seen though.

I didn't even think of saving the roster before the HOF stuff, I jumped right into SS mode and it autopmatically started unlocking them. I wish there were a way to turn them off or delete them, because having teams full of 99-rated players gets annoying, lol.

Also, I know you don't mind the player editing, or lackthereof, but I do, as do many others. I just don't understand why it wouldn't be in there, it's been a staple in the current versions for years. It seems liek a tiny feature, but it adds so much. Especially when you wanna create a guy and the number is already taken. Normally you'd just edit that other guys number and BAM, problem solved in like 4 seconds. Now you have to release the guy with your number, make your player, sign him, then go back and sign the guy you released, which usually ends up being for MORE money than he was originally getting. IDK, it's just annoying, editing players is one of the features I used the most in Madden, and I just think a "next-gen" game should have all the features of the current-gen games and then some, because if it's just better graphics and tackle animations then it's not next-gen to me, as that is the stuff that gets upgraded every year anyway.
not true (for me anyway), I changed the controls outside of SS mode for D and I can use the changed controls for my SS DB, despite the fact it "says" I can't...

Can you make a new profile? See if you can then save the rosters. Alternatively you can delete your current one and start anew... I haven't had to try this so sorry if it doesn't work I was fortunate enough to stumble on the HOF thingy before I started. :whew:

BTW where do you get these uniforms? Is this another genius EA decision to give this "free" download to xbox live gold only?

Agent51
12-06-2006, 09:58 AM
not true (for me anyway), I changed the controls outside of SS mode for D and I can use the changed controls for my SS DB, despite the fact it "says" I can't...

Can you make a new profile? See if you can then save the rosters. Alternatively you can delete your current one and start anew... I haven't had to try this so sorry if it doesn't work I was fortunate enough to stumble on the HOF thingy before I started. :whew:

BTW where do you get these uniforms? Is this another genius EA decision to give this "free" download to xbox live gold only?

No, it's for silver too. Go to the marketplace and then go to games, then new downloads, then Madden '07, they should all be right at the top, for free. They are broken into 8 files (1 for each division, why I have no idea) so it makes it annoying to DL them all, but what are we gonna do, lol.

darkmistress
12-06-2006, 05:44 PM
No, it's for silver too. Go to the marketplace and then go to games, then new downloads, then Madden '07, they should all be right at the top, for free. They are broken into 8 files (1 for each division, why I have no idea) so it makes it annoying to DL them all, but what are we gonna do, lol.

cool I think I tried that and only got the picture packs and demos I'll try again though and see what happens. Thanks :wink:

darkmistress
12-09-2006, 07:18 PM
cool I think I tried that and only got the picture packs and demos I'll try again though and see what happens. Thanks :wink:

Ok finally had a chance to download them....

I shouldn't have bothered really :shakeno:.