PDA

View Full Version : Sign-up's start for Halo 3 Beta on Monday.

Marino2Clayton
11-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Woo-Hoo !!!! (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2006/11/30/sign-up-for-the-halo-3-beta-next-week/)

Majpain
11-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Woo Hoo?

FinsNCanes
11-30-2006, 11:34 PM
Halo is over-rated.

I mean..how many times did I kill the same thing from the 1st level to the last..over..and over..and over again?

Phinz420
11-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Halo is over-rated.

I mean..how many times did I kill the same thing from the 1st level to the last..over..and over..and over again?

Halo was Bungi getting their feet wet into the FPS department, and they did more than an admirable job of mixing an interesting storyline with a fast paced, fun multiplayer experience.

Halo 2 sadly IMO was just cashing in on its franchise without much substance.

I have high hopes for Halo 3, now that they are on a next gen system I think we will be able to truly see what Bungi can do.

DeathStar
12-01-2006, 12:11 AM
Halo is over-rated.

:shakeno:

John Biello
12-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Halo is over-rated.

its all about the multi player. single player is an after thought

FinsNCanes
12-01-2006, 01:16 AM
its all about the multi player. single player is an after thought

I can see what you're saying but even the multi-player to me lacks. I've played lots of FPS that are better IMO (mind you some of these games were before Halo) like Medal of Honor online (sniper rocks), Global Operations, Socom. I guess I like more strategy based FPS more then just jump/run shoot rockets.

Phinz420
12-01-2006, 01:22 AM
I can see what you're saying but even the multi-player to me lacks. I've played lots of FPS that are better IMO (mind you some of these games were before Halo) like Medal of Honor online (sniper rocks), Global Operations, Socom. I guess I like more strategy based FPS more then just jump/run shoot rockets.

:yes:

Stitches
12-01-2006, 01:32 AM
I'm gonna sign up. :woot:

RotaryP7
12-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Hmm.. I'll wait & watch the preview tonight..

UltraDol-Fan
12-04-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm going to sign up also, can't wait. There is also a commercial tonight during Monday Night Football...

DeathStar
12-04-2006, 01:10 PM
so where do you sign up?

mor911
12-04-2006, 02:08 PM
so where do you sign up?:yeahthat:

COMEBACKRICKY
12-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Guys halo 3 IS overrated. im not saying that because im a sony fanboy -i actually was really close to getting a 360 and im still thinking hard about it. but halo did not make me want to buy it any more. im not saying halo 3 wont be fun because i havnet played it but if its anything like 1 and 2... *Yawn* WHAT IS IT THAT PEOPLE LOVE ABOUT THIS GAME???? i have played both single player and ive been to a lan party where it was a 16 man battle, and i fell asleep. maybe its just me but it really isnt that cool guys. would you HONESTLY give it a PERFECT 10? dindt think so.

UltraDol-Fan
12-04-2006, 02:50 PM
If you plan on signing up (be honest: who isn’t? Even I was planning to!), you simply need to head over to Halo3.com (http://www.halo3.com/), and there is likely to be somewhere that has information on what to do. There is no news on pricing, which some people were initially worried about; MS could easily cash-in on the popularity of Halo, but at the moment it seems they are not doing that.

excerp from this article (http://www.xboxic.com/news/2070)

Can't verify yet since I am at work and don't know how to get around websense, but as of this morning the site wasn't up yet and just redirected

Marino2Clayton
12-04-2006, 02:53 PM
so where do you sign up?

Funny this thred has turned into a Halo 3 bashing instead of doing what it was intended to do...

Register Here (http://www.halo3.com/)

However, as of 2:00 EST registration has not yet open.

Predaphin
12-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Nothing yet

Majpain
12-04-2006, 03:53 PM
.... Probably 4 Pm....

UltraDol-Fan
12-04-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm thinking they might wait until after they air the commercial during Monday night football...

Majpain
12-04-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm thinking they might wait until after they air the commercial during Monday night football...

: /

illscriptures
12-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Even if halo 3 were to cost 90 bucks I would buy it. I love the game, its my favorite series and made me love first person shooters more than I had ever done so. I personally never liked games like gta and final fantasy, who everyone else creams about... its not that I think its the best game ever made, I thinks its the best game ever made for me.

illscriptures
12-04-2006, 04:12 PM
: /

I thought you were on the Halo is overrated band wagon along with Mor?

You want to see if its gonna live up to the hype? For haters it won't, for halo players who live online and murder the campaign on legendary to pass the time it will.

Majpain
12-04-2006, 04:26 PM
I am but I want to atleast try Halo 3.

UltraDol-Fan
12-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Even if halo 3 were to cost 90 bucks I would buy it. I love the game, its my favorite series and made me love first person shooters more than I had ever done so. I personally never liked games like gta and final fantasy, who everyone else creams about... its not that I think its the best game ever made, I thinks its the best game ever made for me.

:yeahthat: I'm considering getting the $100 collectors edition Masterchief helmet one when Halo 3 comes out...I'm also gonna start playing Halo 2 agains since new maps are coming out for it in the spring.

illscriptures
12-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Well I'm gonna get the cheapest one... but if I have the cash when I go buy it... for sure I'm buying the collecters edition one.

illscriptures
12-04-2006, 04:34 PM
:yeahthat: I'm considering getting the $100 collectors edition Masterchief helmet one when Halo 3 comes out...I'm also gonna start playing Halo 2 agains since new maps are coming out for it in the spring.
Are sneak king and big bumper good? What is sneak king about?

mor911
12-04-2006, 04:56 PM
still no sign up screen on the site.

Stitches
12-04-2006, 04:59 PM

:yeahthat:

DeathStar
12-04-2006, 05:36 PM
https://reg.msgamestudios.com/default.aspx?site=Halo3Teaser

READ:

half the people think its real and half the people think its fake on some of the forums out there. so its your call if you want to sign up. i will post later once i get some more information about this site.

by clicking and signing up with this link, you place no blame on me whatsoever if anything bad happens.

UltraDol-Fan
12-04-2006, 06:23 PM
cool, I'm going to wait and see if Bungie posts anything on it...

Troysif
12-04-2006, 06:39 PM
https://reg.msgamestudios.com/default.aspx?site=Halo3Teaser

READ:

half the people think its real and half the people think its fake on some of the forums out there. so its your call if you want to sign up. i will post later once i get some more information about this site.

by clicking and signing up with this link, you place no blame on me whatsoever if anything bad happens.

wow im dumb, i clicked on that link without even reading even tho it was big bold letters, lol but yea i signed up but i dont think its real b.c there is nothing on bungie.net about it and thats where is would be

Marino2Clayton
12-04-2006, 06:41 PM

hmmmm... smart thinking

UltraDol-Fan
12-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Are sneak king and big bumper good? What is sneak king about?

They are all pretty good. Big Bump'in is my favorite though. Sneak King is basically you sneaking around trying to show people a sandwich without being seen. You can hide in barrels, under cars, etc and then when someone walks by you hop out and show them a sandwich. It's okay but I thought it got old after a couple levels. I couldn't get used to the controls honestly.

illscriptures
12-04-2006, 07:09 PM
They are all pretty good. Big Bump'in is my favorite though. Sneak King is basically you sneaking around trying to show people a sandwich without being seen. You can hide in barrels, under cars, etc and then when someone walks by you hop out and show them a sandwich. It's okay but I thought it got old after a couple levels. I couldn't get used to the controls honestly.

Thats ridiculously funny... I think I'm gonna get big bumpin too... Pocket Racer is pretty fun.

DeathStar
12-04-2006, 08:21 PM
my link did work. its real.

halo3.com...its open to the public.

UltraDol-Fan
12-04-2006, 08:31 PM
yup works now

www.halo3.com

finsrule84
12-04-2006, 10:17 PM
anybody else caught the commercial? kinda short but it got me pumped up.

Majpain
12-04-2006, 10:59 PM
You guys know that they are using X for somethin else.

Majpain
12-04-2006, 11:51 PM
This has to be the worst registration ever. First off I hve sumbited about 20 sign up page. Which of all get redirected to either server is to busy or Global registration.

Dolfan984
12-05-2006, 12:20 AM

As a casual FPS player I love the run and shoot and try and kill him before he can kill you games. I'm awesome, beat all my friends like that. Put me in a more strategic FPS, and I'm toast. :lol: it really all depends on the FPS you like. I love action packed fast paced

Majpain
12-05-2006, 01:11 AM
Man i finally was able to sign up.

UltraDol-Fan
12-05-2006, 10:25 AM
yeah, I was just able to sign up this morning before I came to work

AngryDolphins
12-05-2006, 08:14 PM
signed up!