PDA

View Full Version : Bryant Gumbel needs to go somewhere very far away.

branflakecereal
12-01-2006, 12:54 AM
Is it just me, or is he the most atrociously annoying, and just downright bad announcer of all time? Get his brother in there, or Rich Eisen, or hell... for a couple hundred bucks, I'll do it. Just make me stop having to listen to him.

Prophet
12-01-2006, 09:51 AM
He is one of them, the walking dead.

ganooch
12-01-2006, 09:55 AM
he has been a pompous *** for decades. i do not know what possesed the NFL to hire this re-tread when there are so many guys who could do this job and do it better.

SpurzN703
12-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Like someone in another thread said, it's like listening to Kermit the Frog do a game.

How awful it was to sit thru it for even 15 minutes

Dolphin1184
12-01-2006, 12:39 PM
Bryant Gumbel is announcing football? where?

ganooch
12-01-2006, 01:28 PM
nfl channel

SpurzN703
12-01-2006, 03:33 PM

Him and Collinsworth. I dont like the NFL Network's presentation of the games. I like NBC the best

Roman529
12-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Neither of the Gumbel brothers can announce. They have no excitement in their voice and should stick to calling dog shows. I would rather listen to Joe Theisman and Cris Collinsworth doing play by play. :lol:

Brown42000
12-01-2006, 07:57 PM
NBC does the best job on the games and Bryant Gumbel is one of the most annoying commentators in football.

phinphan896
12-01-2006, 08:06 PM
NBC does the best job on the games and Bryant Gumbel is one of the most annoying commentators in football.:yeahthat:

unifiedtheory
12-01-2006, 08:51 PM
I've said it a dozen times...I think Gumbel is great.

He does what a play by play man is SUPPOSED to do...

Obejectivley call the action ON THE FIELD. I want down and distance, I want substitutions, I want injuries etc. He gives all of that and more. He focuses on the game.

If I want a human interest story or an aggenda I'll listen to Joe Buck or one of the other dozen carbon copy NFL play by play men do a game, if I want THE GAME I'll listen to Gumbel.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I don't care. He is quickly becoming my favorite play by play guy.

Dolphin1184
12-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Neither of the Gumbel brothers can announce. They have no excitement in their voice and should stick to calling dog shows. I would rather listen to Joe Theisman and Cris Collinsworth doing play by play. :lol:

I disagree about Greg Gumbel. I think there is excitement in his voice. I love when he called "WHAT A CATCH" when Orande Gadsten made that amazing catch from Jay Fiedler years back. I can't speak for Bryant, I don't have NFL Network.

No one can compare to Brad Nessler though. He is my favorite play by play.

Roman529
12-01-2006, 09:36 PM
I disagree about Greg Gumbel. I think there is excitement in his voice. I love when he called "WHAT A CATCH" when Orande Gadsten made that amazing catch from Jay Fiedler years back. I can't speak for Bryant, I don't have NFL Network.

No one can compare to Brad Nessler though. He is my favorite play by play.

I also really like Nessler, and I thought Mike Patrick did a good job with ESPN on their Sunday night game and he is now doing college football games.

phinphan896
12-01-2006, 11:21 PM
al michaels

DolfanDaveInATX
12-01-2006, 11:34 PM
I've said it a dozen times...I think Gumbel is great.

He does what a play by play man is SUPPOSED to do...

Obejectivley call the action ON THE FIELD. I want down and distance, I want substitutions, I want injuries etc. He gives all of that and more. He focuses on the game.

If I want a human interest story or an aggenda I'll listen to Joe Buck or one of the other dozen carbon copy NFL play by play men do a game, if I want THE GAME I'll listen to Gumbel.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I don't care. He is quickly becoming my favorite play by play guy.

Doug Gottlieb, sitting in for Dan Patrick today, was just killing Gumbel. He said that Bryant was not only missing the yardage but couldn't keep track of what down it was.

unifiedtheory
12-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Doug Gottlieb, sitting in for Dan Patrick today, was just killing Gumbel. He said that Bryant was not only missing the yardage but couldn't keep track of what down it was.

I think he was nailing it almost all night. The point is he is TRYING to nail it...

Most of the "play by play" guys on other networks barely acknowledge there is a damn football game on half the time. They are too busy plugging network programs, interviewing "celebs" or putting a human interest spin on everything....the game is secondary to 99% of them.

Anybody saying ANYTHING on ESPN or ESPN radio bashing other broadcasters epitomizes hypocrite.

wpgfishfan
12-02-2006, 12:07 AM
I like the Thursday crew.

They don't yell all the time
They give out facts
They rip players and coaches