PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating Party Game...Please Read

FinHeavenAJ
05-20-2003, 06:02 PM
Hey everyone,

As some may guess, I'm going to try and have a huge tailgating party this year. For those that recall the last one, it wasn't exactly great. But, I hope this one will be.

So, anyways, the first step is to find out which game most people will be able to go to.

Please keep the following in mind:

1. Monday Night Games shouldn't be chosen simply because we have people coming in from all over the country, and this would simply be inconvenient.

2. Sunday Night Games: read above

3. While a December game would be best, many people may not be able to go because it's near the Holidays, and thus money is kind of tight.

So, with that in mind, please select which games you would be able to attend. Note, you can select more than one game.

Thanks...

zonk39
05-20-2003, 06:08 PM
Sunday night games are real easy to tailgate at. Even if went out the night before and got hammered, you should of recovered by then.

Capt. Dick
05-20-2003, 06:11 PM
I like the jets game in Dec. Should be nice and cool by then.

WharfRat
05-20-2003, 06:16 PM
How about if everyone comes up here for the Jets game at the Meadowlands??

Oh well .... it was just a thought....

:foundout:

iceblizzard69
05-20-2003, 06:38 PM
The Giants game is also at the Meadowlands, I don't know why it is listed. Anyway, I am going to both the Giants and Jets games in NJ, but won't be able to tailgate.

inFINSible
05-20-2003, 06:39 PM
Any one is good for me!

WharfRat
05-20-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The Giants game is also at the Meadowlands, I don't know why it is listed. Anyway, I am going to both the Giants and Jets games in NJ, but won't be able to tailgate.

Dude, we should hook up this year.... I'll be going to the Jets game at least, maybe the Giants too!
Remember last year? We were sitting a stone's throw from each other, and didn't know it until the next day?

mf52dolphin
05-20-2003, 07:33 PM
The obvious choice is the Monday night game on October 27th in San Diego

jtown777
05-20-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by mf52dolphin
The obvious choice is the Monday night game on October 27th in San Diego

I'll be there sportin' #34. 5th row visitors side 20 yd line.;)

Oh yeah and it is the obvious choice. They should all come out here and party with the CALI boys...:cool:

Pink_Dove
05-20-2003, 08:07 PM
I might be at the Jets game @ the Meadowlands as well !!:)

iceblizzard69
05-20-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat

Dude, we should hook up this year.... I'll be going to the Jets game at least, maybe the Giants too!
Remember last year? We were sitting a stone's throw from each other, and didn't know it until the next day?

Yeah, you were sitting right above me!!!

I'll definitely be going to both, I am just not sure if I can land the same seats I got last year.

WharfRat
05-20-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Pink_Dove
I might be at the Jets game @ the Meadowlands as well !!:)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Yeah, you were sitting right above me!!!

I'll definitely be going to both, I am just not sure if I can land the same seats I got last year.

There's three possibilities for the "Tailgate Party - North"
I'm sure there are more of us in the NY/NJ/PA area that want to meet up with FinHeaven brethren at the Meadowlands!

Miamian
05-21-2003, 12:47 AM
I picked NE. Same deal as last year? We should actually do more stuff before and after.

fin-atic
05-21-2003, 10:12 AM
I am definitely in. I would love to met my Finheavan brothers and sisters and celebrate the best team in the league!!

MNFINFAN
05-21-2003, 02:05 PM
I could fly in for the NE game, I would like the Jets Games, but my wife usually spends all my money over the Holidays and so I will never make it out the house over the Holidays. Though Miami in Dec, sounds better than Minneapolis in Dec.

MissMeth
05-21-2003, 02:55 PM
I am at all the dolphin games 5th row endzone (west endzone where they run out) Section 101 where the real dolfans are. (not saying any of you are not.. but thats what our shirts say. lol. :lol:

T-ROCK
05-21-2003, 05:01 PM
J-E-T-S...

inFINSible
05-21-2003, 05:17 PM
SUCK! SUCK! SUCK!

DeDolfan
05-21-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
Hey everyone,

As some may guess, I'm going to try and have a huge tailgating party this year. For those that recall the last one, it wasn't exactly great. But, I hope this one will be.

So, anyways, the first step is to find out which game most people will be able to go to.

Please keep the following in mind:

1. Monday Night Games shouldn't be chosen simply because we have people coming in from all over the country, and this would simply be inconvenient.

3. While a December game would be best, many people may not be able to go because it's near the Holidays, and thus money is kind of tight.

So, with that in mind, please select which games you would be able to attend. Note, you can select more than one game.

Thanks...

That's kinda neat. i got the Houston game. not necessarily by choice but we bid our vacas in November for the following year. i always pick the week after labor day since that's the opening weekend and most times we open at home but if not usually the 2nd week anyway. tHEN we have to wait til april to see who we play. Kind of suckx like that but this is the last year to play that guessing game. After that, i acn come when i want. LOL

DeDolfan
05-21-2003, 05:51 PM
How about if everyone comes up here for the Jets game at the Meadowlands??

Oh well .... it was just a thought....

:foundout:

Can ya get tix? Only about a 3 hr or so drive for me. Depending on the ferry tho !!

WharfRat
05-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by DeDolfan

Can ya get tix? Only about a 3 hr or so drive for me. Depending on the ferry tho !!

I'm working on getting tix now... I go to the Jets game here almost every year... I started a thread in the Tailgate Party forum, in the North-East section... we'll go over details in there!! ;)

FinHeavenAJ
05-21-2003, 10:09 PM
Members,

The staff of FinHeaven & Co is proud to announce that will be having a FinHeaven & Co Tailgating Party nationwide. There will be one in the East, West, and South. The East game will be at the Meadowlands against the Jets. The West game will be held at the Chargers game. Finally, the South game will be held at Pro Player Stadium, and the game is undecided right now. The advisor of the East game will be WharfRat. The advisor of the West game will be dolfan06. Finally, I will be the advisor of the Miami game, as I will be able to attend that game.

Here is the deal, if you are going to any of these games, wouldn’t it be so much more fun to be tailgating with your friends at FinHeaven & Co? It doesn’t get any better. So, if you are going to these games, please let us know. In the tailgating form, and in the relevant sub-forum: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=22

To make this more enticing, I’m going to give away a prize. What you have to do is take a picture or pictures of your tailgating party. Show us how much fun you guys are having. In addition, show off your creativity in advertising FinHeaven & Co. The BEST group of tailgaters, which will be voted by the members, will get a prize. I’m really not sure what this prize will be, and I’m not sure if it will be a HUGE great prize, or if it will just be a “cool” prize. However, whatever the case, don’t let the size of the prize limit your tailgating fun.

So, let's get ready for a FUN, EXCITING, year. I look forward to seeing all the members have some fun. If you need any travel hook ups, please hold on a couple weeks and we will have a travel agency advertised on this website.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

PhinPhreak
05-21-2003, 10:25 PM
Members,

The staff of FinHeaven & Co is proud to announce that will be having a FinHeaven & Co Tailgating Party nationwide. There will be one in the East, West, and South. The East game will be at the Meadowlands against the Jets. The West game will be held at the Chargers game. Finally, the South game will be held at Pro Player Stadium, and the game is undecided right now. The advisor of the East game will be WharfRat. The advisor of the West game will be dolfan06. Finally, I will be the advisor of the Miami game, as I will be able to attend that game.

Here is the deal, if you are going to any of these games, wouldn’t it be so much more fun to be tailgating with your friends at FinHeaven & Co? It doesn’t get any better. So, if you are going to these games, please let us know. In the tailgating form, and in the relevant sub-forum: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=22

To make this more enticing, I’m going to give away a prize. What you have to do is take a picture or pictures of your tailgating party. Show us how much fun you guys are having. In addition, show off your creativity in advertising FinHeaven & Co. The BEST group of tailgaters, which will be voted by the members, will get a prize. I’m really not sure what this prize will be, and I’m not sure if it will be a HUGE great prize, or if it will just be a “cool” prize. However, whatever the case, don’t let the size of the prize limit your tailgating fun.

So, let's get ready for a FUN, EXCITING, year. I look forward to seeing all the members have some fun. If you need any travel hook ups, please hold on a couple weeks and we will have a travel agency advertised on this website.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Well I'm in on the San Diego and possibly the Miami party, I guess seeing the party AT the Jets game is the 2nd of the season, I may not to get to meet some of the members that don't make it out of NY.:lol:

Look forward to seeing some faces to go along with the posts. AS well as I am sure that there will be some faces I would much rather of stuck with the posts. I won't mention any names cough cough MARINO FAN :evil:

PhinPhreak
05-21-2003, 10:34 PM
Hey if the Miami game is against the Bills we can all get together and beat up Clump. or at least paint him Aqua and Orange. :evil: :jk: Clump

WharfRat
05-21-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhreak
or at least paint him Aqua and Orange.

:lolcry:

relive1972
05-21-2003, 10:51 PM
I could probably make the game at Jax, anyone planning on that game?

Miamian
05-21-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible
SUCK! SUCK! SUCK! We just can't ever get screaming that out of our systems!:lol:

dolfan87
05-21-2003, 11:53 PM
Well I am all over the San Diego thing. :D

Peebs
05-22-2003, 01:10 AM
I will be at the Meadowlands for the Giants game. I will be tailgating with a bunch of Giants fans though.....

WharfRat
05-22-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Peebs
I will be at the Meadowlands for the Giants game. I will be tailgating with a bunch of Giants fans though.....

You can't make it to the Jets Game?

C'mon Peebs ..... Pleeeeeeze!!!

:D

Peebs
05-22-2003, 01:32 AM
Well it's easier for me to get tix to the Giants game because my friend is a Giants season ticket holder and one of her cousins is giving me his ticket.

Besides, I would need a series of cootie shots before sitting in the Stadium with all those Jets fans
:tongue: I wouldn't want to catch anything :D

I'll see what I can do, my ex is a Jets season tix holder and he doesn't go to a lot of the games.

Clumpy
05-22-2003, 01:34 AM
Have it the day/night of the Bills game and I am there :D

WharfRat
05-22-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
and I am there :D

that's what we were hoping to avoid Clump! :biggrin:

:jk: :lol:

WharfRat
05-22-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Peebs
Well it's easier for me to get tix to the Giants game because my friend is a Giants season ticket holder and one of her cousins is giving me his ticket.

Besides, I would need a series of cootie shots before sitting in the Stadium with all those Jets fans
:tongue: I wouldn't want to catch anything :D

I'll see what I can do, my ex is a Jets season tix holder and he doesn't go to a lot of the games.

Yessss!!

Please see what you can do...and try, try, try!!

We want to make it the best FinHeaven tailgate party of the season!!
After all...we're Nor'Easterners ... we have to show the Miami crew up!!

MarinoFan
05-22-2003, 09:17 AM
Hey Phinphreak, just be sure to wear the mask, alright there old guy?

Anyway, I wish I could travel to some of those games, but money is tight. SO, I will definitely make a point to go to the home game, whichever it is. Let's make it the New England game though, that is the one that most fits the criteria AND it's a rival. Oh Yeah, I'm sure Ethan will be there and we can rag on him. ;)

MarinoFan
05-22-2003, 09:26 AM

After all...we're Nor'Easterners ... we have to show the Miami crew up!!

Is that possible?;)

FFiB
05-22-2003, 10:33 AM
Well, we are always at the games and are nicely setup for tailgating. FH and DT posters are always welcome to stop by.

*note to miad: we actually can light a BBQ grill.....lmao

PS we do not tailgate for nightgames.....Sunday night games: hooters wings and beer and the late games on TV and then party on in the tent.

MarinoFan
05-22-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by relive1972
I could probably make the game at Jax, anyone planning on that game?
Well, I might be going to that one, but I'll be at the UM-FSU game on Saturday. Damn it's gonna be a good year.

XoPhinsoX
05-22-2003, 12:03 PM
I can be at the one at Pro Player.

I'm 20, how old is everyone else?

MissMeth
05-22-2003, 12:27 PM
So what game is the party going to be for?! and where is it? Just a little confused.

inFINSible
05-22-2003, 12:34 PM
Sorry missmeth the poll doesn't seem to be clearing anything up....we may have to knock it down to the top 4 choices and vote again......????

FinHeavenAJ
05-22-2003, 12:37 PM
That's what I was going to do this Friday because the Pats and Jets game is just way too close... :cool:

davster82
05-22-2003, 12:54 PM
They are all different ages. :jk:

I am about to be 39.

FinHeavenAJ
05-22-2003, 12:57 PM
I'm 19 :cool:

zonk39
05-22-2003, 12:58 PM
I'll be at the MIami one (I'm there anyways), and Probaly the San Diego one. I'm of going to either San Diego or Dallas.

I'll be 37 this year.

inFINSible
05-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Hey zonk39....ya old man.....I'm 36 also.;)

BALLS DEEP
05-22-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
I can be at the one at Pro Player.

I'm 20, how old is everyone else?

28 and will be there with beer in hand and other hand and beer helmet and can I fit beer in my shoes and tie them around my neck and go bear foot? If I tie my shirt sleeves shut I can fit beer in there too......... ok so I'll be the guy with 8 beers on me at any time remind me that I'm there to watch the game too....ok?:patriot:

MarinoFan
05-22-2003, 03:12 PM
OR, we can just do 2 of them. What do you think? Cause I was going by your suggestions AJ, and I actually won't be able to do anything that week, it's Christmas week dude, can't afford it.

MissMeth
05-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Wow.. thanks for the reminder.. it might be better to do the Pats game because of the money situation in December...

:stuck:

zonk39
05-22-2003, 04:56 PM
Gentlemen,

Let restablish my points on the Buffalo game.

1). No early Sunday morning.
2). We can watch 4:00 pm games at the Stadium. (I have tv and Converter to watch)
3). Night games are wild.
4). More time to cook a great meal. (I tailgate with resturant managers, If we all pitch in a few bucks, they'll do the cooking. Last year we had Gator tail, Filet Mignon, Lobster tails, You name it we had it.)
5). My wife does not go to night games! (school next day)

number 5 is most important!

Think about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WharfRat
05-22-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by davster82
They are all different ages. :jk:

I am about to be 39.

Wow davester... is it me? or do you feel old reading this thread also?

I'm 39 too. :goof:

Capt. Dick
05-22-2003, 05:37 PM

Wow davester... is it me? or do you feel old reading this thread also?

I'm 39 too. :goof:

Wharf....I have a pimple older than you are!

I`m 57, and no smart remarks inFINS or Wharf, or I`ll smack ya with my walker! :D

WharfRat
05-22-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Capt. Dick

Wharf....I have a pimple older than you are!

I`m 57, and no smart remarks inFINS or Wharf, or I`ll smack ya with my walker! :D

:lol:

I was waiting for you or 06 to jump in ....

BTW - time to see a professional about that pimple! :D

:splat:

zonk39
05-22-2003, 06:06 PM
Infin,

Wow! see what happens when you assume, I make an ASS out of me and me. 11/30 will be 37, you?

zonk39
05-22-2003, 06:15 PM
NUMBER 5 IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thewave: :beerbang: :stick: :bravo: :bong: :cheer: :hi5: :pray: :spank: :party: :nesucks: :billsbite :jetssuck:

GET THE PICTURE!

inFINSible
05-22-2003, 07:00 PM
2/21/04....hehe......I know I don't act my age all the time, I did alot of things to stunt my development.....:o

zonk39
05-22-2003, 07:47 PM
BUMP

FFiB
05-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by zonk39
Gentlemen,

Let restablish my points on the Buffalo game.

1). No early Sunday morning.
2). We can watch 4:00 pm games at the Stadium. (I have tv and Converter to watch)
3). Night games are wild.
4). More time to cook a great meal. (I tailgate with resturant managers, If we all pitch in a few bucks, they'll do the cooking. Last year we had Gator tail, Filet Mignon, Lobster tails, You name it we had it.)
5). My wife does not go to night games! (school next day)

number 5 is most important!

Think about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where in Boca are ya'?

zonk39
05-22-2003, 07:57 PM
West Boca, 441 and Palmetto Park Road, You?

VanDolPhan
05-23-2003, 07:32 AM
I'll have to look into the costs of coming out from Vancouver. Try to do it as cheaply as possible via Greyhound or something. Have to see how many are likely to go to the San Diego game. Anyone in the area who can send me cheap hotel info in the area I'd appreciate it.

As far as the age question goes: 26

edit: As far as greyhound goes someone better be willing to take me out drinking when I arrive cause the travel time is: 1d, 9h, 30m

Check out the travel schedule lol:

Location Arrives Departs Layover Co. Schedule

VANCOUVER, BC 10:00a GLI 6501
SEATTLE, WA 01:25p GLI 6501
SEATTLE, WA Transfer 02:15p :50 GLI 1423
PORTLAND, OR 05:30p 06:45p 1:15 GLI 1423
SALEM, OR 07:45p 07:50p :05 GLI 1423
EUGENE, OR 09:10p 09:25p :15 GLI 1423
ROSEBURG, OR 10:40p 10:40p GLI 1423
MEDFORD, OR 12:35a 12:45a :10 GLI 1423
REDDING, CA 03:45a 04:05a :20 GLI 1423

WILLIAMS, CA 05:40a 05:40a GLI 1423
WOODLAND, CA 06:30a 06:30a GLI 1423
SACRAMENTO, CA 06:55a 08:50a 1:55 GLI 1423
STOCKTON, CA 09:45a 09:55a :10 GLI 1423
COALINGA JCT, CA 12:10p 12:40p :30 GLI 1423
LOS ANGELES, CA 04:10p GLI 1423
LOS ANGELES, CA Transfer 05:00p :50 GLI 7057
EAST LOS ANGELES, CA 05:10p 05:10p GLI 7057
SAN DIEGO, CA 07:30p

Edit #2: Well I can get a flight for $700 cdn (greyhound is $300 anyways) and a hotel near Qualcomm for $105cdn a night. If anyone wants to spend a day doing something else in San Diego (Sea World is there isn't it? What else?) the day after the game let me know and I'll book another hotel night. I figure for the cost involved I should do more then just the game. I also need to know where to buy a game ticket and whether anyone wants to grab seats together since I won't be bringing the gf (why waste more airfare money on someone who hates sports :lol: ).

wizardsdad
05-23-2003, 12:20 PM
Would love to be at the Jets game, but the cost may be a big problem...besides, I'll be 75 at game time, and you guys may have to help me up all those ramps. BTW, Wharfrat...no comment about the age of dirt!:jetssuck:

MissMeth
05-23-2003, 01:35 PM
I will be at the pro player one..

By the way... im 23

VanDolPhan
05-23-2003, 05:44 PM
Well get a list together of whose going to San Diego and I'll try to make it if there is enough people going. Going to be fun explaining this one to the gf. "Uh yah hun I'm going to San Diego for a few days......don't wait up"

XoPhinsoX
05-23-2003, 05:51 PM
I think I get the picture..

:drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :band: :drinkers: :band: :drinkers: :band: :band: :drinker: :drinker: :band: :drinkers: :drinker: :drinker: :friday:

dolfan06
05-24-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by dolfan87
Well I am all over the San Diego thing. :D hey gram, glad to see you're gonna make it. i have a friend of mine that works at the charger ticket office, he's gonna let me know when the group sales start in june!;)

WharfRat
05-24-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by wizardsdad
Would love to be at the Jets game, but the cost may be a big problem...besides, I'll be 75 at game time, and you guys may have to help me up all those ramps. BTW, Wharfrat...no comment about the age of dirt!:jetssuck:

Looks like the group is going to gather at the Giants game instead... cheaper/easier to get tickets....

As for dirt... I promise not to mention that you invented it! :nana:

Dolfan0025
05-24-2003, 04:11 AM
Pro Player Stadium of which home games are we talking about?
because im a a big time tail gater with the best (beef) in the world and BEER going tru your main vain!!:lurk: :thewave: :friday: :infins: :drinkers: :band:

WharfRat
05-24-2003, 08:11 AM
Dolphan0025,
There's a poll in the Tailgating Forum.
It still has not been decided yet.

Peebs
05-24-2003, 12:13 PM
SEE! My Giants tix will be cheaper-FREE! Her cousin may not charge me for them. I'm not sure where their season seats are though.

The Jets game I'd have to pay for those tickets and you know how it would kill me to give some Jets Shill $$ for the game :jetssuck:

VanDolPhan
05-25-2003, 08:31 AM

Simply untrue. This is the reason I am not choosing the Miami games. Most flights don't arrive until after 11pm. Factor in jet lag and the time changes (3 hours ahead) and I definately don't want to do an early game. Hence why the San Diego Monday nighter is more appealing if I can see who is going to that one.

wizardsdad
05-25-2003, 11:10 AM

Looks like the group is going to gather at the Giants game instead... cheaper/easier to get tickets....

As for dirt... I promise not to mention that you invented it! :nana:

The Giant's game would be even better. I've figured that for a win all along. But, how cheap is "cheaper"? ......and now you've let the cat out of the bag!
:angry:

WharfRat
05-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by wizardsdad

The Giant's game would be even better. I've figured that for a win all along. But, how cheap is "cheaper"? ......and now you've let the cat out of the bag!
:angry:

:egads:

There's a cat in here??? :yikes:

Rats don't like cats!

PhinPhreak
05-25-2003, 03:13 PM

:egads:

There's a cat in here!!! :yikes:

Rats don't like cats!

Hey Wharf I see the Rat Viagara finally wore off. :lol:

WharfRat
05-25-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhreak

Hey Wharf I see the Rat Viagara finally wore off. :lol:

:lolcry:

Yeah ... but I may change back one day.... chicks dig big...ummmm..... tails ;)

InMyChambers
06-01-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Simply untrue. This is the reason I am not choosing the Miami games. Most flights don't arrive until after 11pm. Factor in jet lag and the time changes (3 hours ahead) and I definately don't want to do an early game. Hence why the San Diego Monday nighter is more appealing if I can see who is going to that one.

hey, if you guys from the south jersey area are getting together to go to a game this year and have an extra opening i'd love to get in. i don't have any friends who are fellow dolphin fans who are willing to pay the price and take the drive up to see them play the jets. it would be awesome to see my first dolphins game in person with some fellow dolphin fans.

dolfan06
06-01-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by InMyChambers

hey, if you guys from the south jersey area are getting together to go to a game this year and have an extra opening i'd love to get in. i don't have any friends who are fellow dolphin fans who are willing to pay the price and take the drive up to see them play the jets. it would be awesome to see my first dolphins game in person with some fellow dolphin fans. i like to go to a sports bar with friends and watch the game. its better than sitting home alone or with one or two friends, but its nothing compared to going to a game. flew from calif to miami twice, enjoyed the hell out of it!:D

Always13
06-01-2003, 05:21 PM
I lost track of what the hell is going on here, but I'm in for either the Jets or Giants game (I live in Brooklyn), and I'll be in Miami at the end of the year, so I'm in for the 12/28 game also.

BTW, I'm 30 y/o.