PDA

View Full Version : Yatil Green

FinIowa85
12-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Whatever happened to this guy.......what a disappointment, I remember thinking he was going to tear it up, i guess in a way he kind of did tear it up....:lol:

feelthepain
12-01-2006, 12:03 PM
What about Sam Simmons??? Anyone know where he is these days??

SammySmif
12-01-2006, 12:07 PM
wow..great post. I remember we got Yatil, and the guy just got hurt every camp. I dont think he ever got a snap even in preseason.

FinIowa85
12-01-2006, 12:11 PM
What college did he go to?

MAX_5454
12-01-2006, 12:21 PM
What college did he go to?

To the UM

fin1
12-01-2006, 12:35 PM
I saw your thread title and it was like seeing a car wreck. You know its going to be grotesque but you have to look. Yatil Green 4.3 speed 6 foot five inches, 42-inch vertical leap and 2 nfl catches what a waste. Too bad for him and us.

fins1
12-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Oh the Horror.

bat203
12-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Please make it stop !!! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

why did you have to bring it up??? why??? :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

Phantom
12-01-2006, 01:13 PM
What about Larry Shannon , the guy Helmet Head said was as good as Moss........

colmax
12-01-2006, 01:17 PM
I just happened to come up on an article about the infamous Green on The Phinsider website. He's in their "Ring of Dishonor":

Our third inductee to the Ring of Dishonor is likely to be a controversial one. He doesn't suffer from the outright incompetence that characterize previous inductees. He has no "character issues" that are so common in today's NFL. In fact, our latest inductee has been a model citizen - before, during and even after his NFL career. But life can be cruel, and so can the selection process for the Ring of Dishonor. Introducing the 3rd member of the Ring - Yatil Green, whose 3 injury plagued years in Miami derailed a WR corps that has yet to recover.

Link: http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/rod-yatil-green.html

TouchDown
12-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Why would you torture us like this?

colmax
12-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Whatever happened to this guy.......what a disappointment, I remember thinking he was going to tear it up, i guess in a way he kind of did tear it up....:lol:

That's just wrong. :(

MarxBrothers
12-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Not that it will ever make up for the investment we made in Yatil but did someone say he never even took a snap not even in preseason? He actually had one decent game on Thanksgiving when we got beat by Dallas that one year like 20-0 he had some nice grabs...

fishyanks
12-01-2006, 02:49 PM
I just happened to come up on an article about the infamous Green on The Phinsider website. He's in their "Ring of Dishonor":

Thats a great and negative website boy. Kind of makes you laugh and cringe at the same time. Still love Finheaven more though.:D

colmax
12-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Thats a great and negative website boy. Kind of makes you laugh and cringe at the same time. Still love Finheaven more though.:D

I just thought it was relevant. I have actually never been on that site prior to today....and even then, I did not check it out enough to make an honest critique. I just read the articles about the players in their 'Ring of Dishonor'. In no way am I backing the site. It just happened to be informative on the subject.

Dolfndav34
12-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Please make it stop !!! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

why did you have to bring it up??? why??? :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

That is funny

Slaytallica
12-01-2006, 04:18 PM
I saw your thread title and it was like seeing a car wreck. You know its going to be grotesque but you have to look. Yatil Green 4.3 speed 6 foot five inches, 42-inch vertical leap and 2 nfl catches what a waste. Too bad for him and us.

Not to be an jerk, but he actually caught 18 passes and is around 6'3.

Funny though, he averaged 1.25 surgeries per NFL game played.

yankeehillbilly
12-02-2006, 12:58 PM
One of Jimmy Johnsons greatest blunders. (well, actually that was probably John Avery but Yatil was a close second)
Green had a history of being injury prone. Before drafting him, JJ asked Green if he was going to stay healthy....like what's Green gonna say.." no coach, I think I'll have a string of injuries that will keep me from ever seeing the field"?????
Green told JJ he would be healthy, that was good enough for JJ, and the rest is history.

edit: correction...JJ's greatest blunder BY FAR was demanding that Dave Wannabe be hired as his assistant and eventual successor.

RenoFinFan
12-02-2006, 01:12 PM

I am not sure whether to laugh or cry for the guy when I saw the stat:

Games played = 8
Knee surgeries = 10

Has to be an NFL record of some kind.

RenoFinFan
12-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Not to be an jerk, but he actually caught 18 passes and is around 6'3.

Funny though, he averaged 1.25 surgeries per NFL game played.

I think that would be the record... highest average knee surgeries per game.

FinFan71
12-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Although we wasted a first round pick on Yatil that year, we did use our second round pick on Sam Madison and our third pick on Jason Taylor so it wasn't a bad draft at all.

Sirspud
12-02-2006, 02:25 PM
I almost cried when I saw the page on Ray Lucas. 2002 was the first year I didn't miss a football game, until the week 17 collapse when I was in North Carolina. That one still hurts.

Bopkin02
12-02-2006, 04:34 PM
I was never more sick over hearing about an injury...I came back from Spain in late July, grabbed a newspaper in the airport and read about Yatil's knee. I wanted to die.

We also got Ed Perry and Derrick Rodgers in that '97 draft, long time performers.

And so correct - this thread is like a car wreck, just had to look.(oh, the pain... if we had only taken Jamie Sharper instead)

maverick50
12-02-2006, 04:43 PM
derrick rodgers hell man he is the reason we lost to the pats in our last playoff appearence him and jamar fletcher both got 2 15 yard facemask penalties that kept new england alive and on one play zach tackled a wr and derrick comes over and grabs a facemask right in front of the ref. ole zach tore into rodgers for his sin. did you guys see that game?

MrEd
12-02-2006, 07:11 PM
What about Sam Simmons??? Anyone know where he is these days??

He's a pastor of a mega-church in Texas now :lol:

Gonzo
12-02-2006, 07:33 PM
I can't be mad at the guy. It's not like he just didn't perform. He had some HORRIBLE luck with injuries. You simply can't control that. It was just a ****ty situation all around.

Aussiefinfan54
12-03-2006, 12:59 AM
i rekon that ring of dishonour could do with a few more names, jamar fletcher, eddie moore etc

Mike13
12-05-2006, 02:50 PM
One of Jimmy Johnsons greatest blunders. (well, actually that was probably John Avery but Yatil was a close second)
Green had a history of being injury prone. Before drafting him, JJ asked Green if he was going to stay healthy....like what's Green gonna say.." no coach, I think I'll have a string of injuries that will keep me from ever seeing the field"?????
Green told JJ he would be healthy, that was good enough for JJ, and the rest is history.

edit: correction...JJ's greatest blunder BY FAR was demanding that Dave Wannabe be hired as his assistant and eventual successor.

You forget that he never drafted a sucessor to Marino.

He passed up Edge and Randy Moss.

Majpain
12-15-2006, 01:56 PM
I am not sure whether to laugh or cry for the guy when I saw the stat:

Games played = 8
Knee surgeries = 10

Has to be an NFL record of some kind.

I just got to the part where we passed up Randy Moss. I feel like crying :boohoo: