PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo HD Cancelled... Sort of - MERGED X2

mor911
12-01-2006, 12:20 PM
GTHD was officially cancelled so that they can work on GT5. This is good and bad.

Good - GTHD as it is will be released for FREE on the PS3 via download. There no signs of those micro transactions they were talking about. They probly realized (finally) that the public isn't stupid and it's just GT4 but prettied up... Thus it probly wouldn't hold a candle to Forza 2.

Bad - The release is for Japan only. There is no news, date, info, or plans as of yet to bring it stateside. Not knowing how far into developement it is, it may not be all that great. I expect a polished GT4 (but for FREE, that's not really a bad thing).

All in all - Finally, GT5 is on the way... no more trying to resell old crap to us.

Edit -- Forgot to link to the article :lol: http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/01/gran-turismo-hd-goes-free-as-focus-shifts-to-gt5/

Phinz420
12-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Ah, glad you got to it before me. You forgot one of the "Bads" though.

GTHD will not feature online support beyond the downloading process.

Stitches
12-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Ah, glad you got to it before me. You forgot one of the "Bads" though.

GTHD will not feature online support beyond the downloading process.

Well GT has never had it before anyways.

Phinz420
12-01-2006, 12:33 PM
Well GT has never had it before anyways.
That wasn't my point though. GTHD's focus was to bring online gameplay to the fans for the first time. This was their major selling point besides the HD scaling. This is no longer the case. It is probably also the reason why the game is going to be free.

Stitches
12-01-2006, 12:45 PM
That wasn't my point though. GTHD's focus was to bring online gameplay to the fans for the first time. This was their major selling point besides the HD scaling. This is no longer the case. It is probably also the reason why the game is going to be free.

I thought it was just supposed to be a stop gap to illistrate the capabilites of the ps3 and HD. I didn't know it was ever going to include online play.

Mike13
12-01-2006, 02:50 PM
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/748/748610p1.html

phinfanfrommd
12-01-2006, 04:31 PM
whens GT5 supposed to come out for sale?