PDA

View Full Version : Armando Allen commits to Notre Dame

HysterikiLL
12-01-2006, 07:22 PM
I know a lot of you guys were high on him.

I can't find a full FREE article on it, but it's all over Rivals.com

DonShula84
12-01-2006, 08:25 PM
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/596426.html

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-02-2006, 12:26 PM
:nono: i hope we play ND in a bowl game now.

rob19
12-02-2006, 12:35 PM
:nono: i hope we play ND in a bowl game now.

Do you guys have any other top RB recruits?

305TillIDie
12-02-2006, 02:04 PM
big signing for ND

i saw him play close up..hes a beast

finswin56
12-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Do you guys have any other top RB recruits?We're supposedly high on Noel Devine's list.

Motion
12-02-2006, 04:18 PM
We're supposedly high on Noel Devine's list.

:yeahthat:

Plus we already have 2 talented freshman RBs and a commit from a solid RB for next season.

DonShula84
12-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Turns out AA switched to ND because we changed our minds and let him early enroll. That was a big deal for him so he could rehab his knee at college facilities. ND needed the boost in speed more than UF anyway :tongue:

finswin56
12-03-2006, 12:18 AM
Turns out AA switched to ND because we changed our minds and let him early enroll. That was a big deal for him so he could rehab his knee at college facilities. ND needed the boost in speed more than UF anyway :tongue:What you need is defense :wink:

DonShula84
12-03-2006, 12:44 AM
What you need is defense :wink:

We need a lot of things actually. A lot of offensive players are graduating. Weis is working on bringing in some defensive players though.

finswin56
12-03-2006, 12:54 AM
We need a lot of things actually. A lot of offensive players are graduating. Weis is working on bringing in some defensive players though.I'm pretty excited to see Jimmy C. in action. Weis must be giddy about that kid.

DonShula84
12-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Notre Dame added Ian Williams DT from Florida and two-time Tennessee Mr. Football Golden Tate. With a name like Golden he had to be Irish :) ND is close to taking 3 of the top 5 players out of Tennesee.

I'm pretty sure ND only got Williams because UF stopped pursuing him as much because they're running out of scholarships.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=44111&Sport=1
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=48923

HysterikiLL
12-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Golden Tate is a stud.

DonShula84
12-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Golden Tate is a stud.

:yes:

Looking forward to him returning kicks next year. Also interested to see where we'll play him. He'd add a lot of speed to our defense, where we clearly need the most help. Though WR is a possibility also

Skeet84
12-13-2006, 01:30 AM
We're supposedly high on Noel Devine's list.

Noel Devine will not be available til 2008. He is going to prep school. However I would not worry about the Gators RB situation.
Graig Cooper
Bo Williams
Antwain Easterling ( However he was recently arrested, So it looks like he may be headed to the U. :lol: )
Lennon Creer

I think we get at least 1 of those backs and we already have Rainey

DonShula84
12-13-2006, 02:10 AM
Updated rankings.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=880

Coral Reefer
12-13-2006, 02:26 AM
Updated rankings.

Holy Schnike's did UM drop! :lol:

Shannon has a ton of work to do to salvage a class this year.

Alex44
12-13-2006, 02:35 AM
Holy Schnike's did UM drop! :lol:

He has actually done a very good job keeping UM afloat and getting players that were scared after Coker got fired to come back. UM isnt gonna have any problems with our recruiting class. It wont be top notch but it wont be bad either

Skeet84
12-13-2006, 03:02 AM
He has actually done a very good job keeping UM afloat and getting players that were scared after Coker got fired to come back. UM isnt gonna have any problems with our recruiting class. It wont be top notch but it wont be bad either

Ummm Wow look at the U now. There class is going to be horrible to there standards and your saying that its not gunna be bad? I don't think it will be good at all! I am not saying thats not to be expected tho. There are alot of teams that come and raid Florida and Urban Meyer and Bobby Bowden are already way way way better recruiters than Shannon is. Miami has alot working againist it. Graig Cooper the #1 prospect coming out of the Prep School who was a Miami commit has now opened it back up. Miami, North Carolina, and the Florida Gators are all in the hunt. Hurricanes need to get him back and get some more talent. last year was bad and if this year is bad than Miami will be in bad shape for the future.

Skeet84
12-13-2006, 03:06 AM

I could not agree more, But its not his fault and I think he was put in a very bad place. Even some of the best recruiter can't get good classes this late in the game. I think we will find out just ho good Shannon can recruit next year. This year is too deep a hole and when your starting behind recruiting guru's like Urban Meyer, Bobby Bowden, and lets also not forget that everyone come to FL to recruit.

Alex44
12-13-2006, 03:18 AM
Ummm Wow look at the U now. There class is going to be horrible to there standards and your saying that its not gunna be bad? I don't think it will be good at all! I am not saying thats not to be expected tho. There are alot of teams that come and raid Florida and Urban Meyer and Bobby Bowden are already way way way better recruiters than Shannon is. Miami has alot working againist it. Graig Cooper the #1 prospect coming out of the Prep School who was a Miami commit has now opened it back up. Miami, North Carolina, and the Florida Gators are all in the hunt. Hurricanes need to get him back and get some more talent. last year was bad and if this year is bad than Miami will be in bad shape for the future.

Last year we lost so many games by a TD or less, the only game we werent in the whole time was Louisville. So its not like we were that far off to start with.

It doesnt show on paper yet because they havent commited, but a lot of players that were not going to commit have changed their minds and decided to visit with Shannon (Who has already secured a couple defensive players, a talented WR, and is visiting the #5 WR in the country tommorow.)

Urban wont be the better recruiter for very long, Randy identifys with kids in South Florida far better. He has been along their path and been through the same things they have. This year Florida will obviously have a better class, but as for Bowden he only has 9 commitments at the moment.

We only have a few commitments because

A) We dont have an offensive coordinator and at least 4 or 5 kids that I know of are waiting to see who we hire

B) Coker getting fired scared them a bit, but most are already considering coming anyway.

Lets wait for everything to finalize before we say UM is in bad shape, because 90% of our defense will be coming back and they were already 12th in the NCAA so even with just an average class this year we will be fine.

Skeet84
12-13-2006, 03:35 AM
Last year we lost so many games by a TD or less, the only game we werent in the whole time was Louisville. So its not like we were that far off to start with.

It doesnt show on paper yet because they havent commited, but a lot of players that were not going to commit have changed their minds and decided to visit with Shannon (Who has already secured a couple defensive players, a talented WR, and is visiting the #5 WR in the country tommorow.)

Urban wont be the better recruiter for very long, Randy identifys with kids in South Florida far better. He has been along their path and been through the same things they have. This year Florida will obviously have a better class, but as for Bowden he only has 9 commitments at the moment.

We only have a few commitments because

A) We dont have an offensive coordinator and at least 4 or 5 kids that I know of are waiting to see who we hire

B) Coker getting fired scared them a bit, but most are already considering coming anyway.

Lets wait for everything to finalize before we say UM is in bad shape, because 90% of our defense will be coming back and they were already 12th in the NCAA so even with just an average class this year we will be fine.

The #5 WR would be who? Just becuase he is visiting does not mean alot.
Florida State always closes really well and get alot of their kids about deadline time. Shannon may be a better recruiter than Urban Meyer, But I highly highly doubt that. Urban Meyer has proven already to be a great recruiter. Not just a good one, But one of the best in the land. For you to say that Miami will have a better class next year because Shannon has been there before is crazy. I am sure some will care. But for the most part it will be how good the program is and where the program is going. Did you by chance see Florida class last year? Have you taken a look this year? Shannon would have to do alot to be a better recruiter than Meyer. I am not saying anything about Miami's football team next year whether they will be good or bad. All i am saying is that they are in horrible shape this year recruiting to their standards. Its not gunna get much better either. They just had 2 good ball played decommit. One went to LSU and the other to Florida. They have a couple more thinking of decommiting (But alot of teams have kids like that). They are not on the major radar for alot of good talent this year. I am only talking about this year when I say they are in bad shape recruiting wise. Offensive Coordinator sure has some to do with it along with a major reason that Coker got fired. Yet again reasons why I say they are in bad shape recruiting wise. Only way to find out how good Shannon can recruit is to sit back and whatch next year.

finswin56
12-13-2006, 08:45 AM
Ummm Wow look at the U now. There class is going to be horrible to there standards and your saying that its not gunna be bad? I don't think it will be good at all! I am not saying thats not to be expected tho. There are alot of teams that come and raid Florida and Urban Meyer and Bobby Bowden are already way way way better recruiters than Shannon is. Miami has alot working againist it. Graig Cooper the #1 prospect coming out of the Prep School who was a Miami commit has now opened it back up. Miami, North Carolina, and the Florida Gators are all in the hunt. Hurricanes need to get him back and get some more talent. last year was bad and if this year is bad than Miami will be in bad shape for the future.Where did you hear this? I can only find him as a 3 star recruit, and the 27th ranked RB. And I don't see anything about UF on his list.

Oboy
12-13-2006, 10:13 AM
The #5 WR would be who? Just becuase he is visiting does not mean alot.
Florida State always closes really well and get alot of their kids about deadline time. Shannon may be a better recruiter than Urban Meyer, But I highly highly doubt that. Urban Meyer has proven already to be a great recruiter. Not just a good one, But one of the best in the land. For you to say that Miami will have a better class next year because Shannon has been there before is crazy. I am sure some will care. But for the most part it will be how good the program is and where the program is going. Did you by chance see Florida class last year? Have you taken a look this year? Shannon would have to do alot to be a better recruiter than Meyer. I am not saying anything about Miami's football team next year whether they will be good or bad. All i am saying is that they are in horrible shape this year recruiting to their standards. Its not gunna get much better either. They just had 2 good ball played decommit. One went to LSU and the other to Florida. They have a couple more thinking of decommiting (But alot of teams have kids like that). They are not on the major radar for alot of good talent this year. I am only talking about this year when I say they are in bad shape recruiting wise. Offensive Coordinator sure has some to do with it along with a major reason that Coker got fired. Yet again reasons why I say they are in bad shape recruiting wise. Only way to find out how good Shannon can recruit is to sit back and whatch next year.
This has been my point to a few of my co-workers who keep saying just bc Shannon is here he is going to rake in the talent next year.

I think Shannon can be a really good recruiter, but IF the team implodes again next season as they did this season ... Some players will not want to deal with that.

I agree with Skeet that Shannon was put in a tough position and really has to work his ARSH off to salvage this class. He was on the radio yesterday and Joe Rose (commentatior down here) asked him what his plans are to fix the Offense. His answer was "I have not even thought about it... too busy preparing for the game and recruiting". While I understand he has to prepare and continue to recruit, HOW does he not even THINK about the offensive woes? Personally I think he would be better off getting the O cordinator he wants NOW, thus showing he is trying to fix the biggest problem with the U. THEN worry about selling recruits.

If he is not careful, he could lose more recruits that wanted to see who he hires for O cordinator.

Oboy
12-13-2006, 10:14 AM
Updated rankings.

Look at ND climb! Wow, hey Don... how many of those recruits are D? IMO for you guys to really be there with the TOP teams, you NEED some speed on D.

Timmy54
12-13-2006, 10:17 AM
wow Texas is pulling in a monster class. Heard on the brodcast of the 2A championship that their big stud QB out of Ocala has been considering de-committing and heading to maybe UF. why?? We have all kind of studs comming and Timmy already there at QB. Oh well, Texas still has a great class so far.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-13-2006, 10:41 AM
wow Texas is pulling in a monster class. Heard on the brodcast of the 2A championship that their big stud QB out of Ocala has been considering de-committing and heading to maybe UF. why?? We have all kind of studs comming and Timmy already there at QB. Oh well, Texas still has a great class so far.
:hmmm: yeah that's weird, and we have another 4-star QB who's already committed to the gators, and i guess he'll be tim's backup.

Motion
12-13-2006, 10:47 AM
:hmmm: yeah that's weird, and we have another 4-star QB who's already committed to the gators, and i guess he'll be tim's backup.
:yes: Cam Newton, he's pretty good too. Actually we have him and then nother 3 star QB as well.

Skeet84
12-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Where did you hear this? I can only find him as a 3 star recruit, and the 27th ranked RB. And I don't see anything about UF on his list.

I go to rivals. I think they have much better info.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=880&Year=2007&ra_key=1669

Skeet84
12-13-2006, 12:28 PM

I don't think Cameron Newton will be the back-up. I think it will be Bryan Waggener

finswin56
12-13-2006, 12:59 PM

I wonder why there could be such a huge disparity?
Do these sites often have big difference in how they rank prospects?
I don't follow the recruiting all that much.

Skeet84
12-13-2006, 01:10 PM
I wonder why there could be such a huge disparity?
Do these sites often have big difference in how they rank prospects?
I don't follow the recruiting all that much.

Yes they really do. Like Torrey Davis is #3 rated in the whole country on Rivals and on ESPN he is #81. Just depends on what they think and what they did or did not like on the film they whatched. I tend to agree more with Rivals.

CharlestonPhan
12-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Turns out AA switched to ND because we changed our minds and let him early enroll. That was a big deal for him so he could rehab his knee at college facilities. ND needed the boost in speed more than UF anyway :tongue:

DS are you a Domer alum or just a fan? my wife is a Domer. i like this kid from what ive seen.

DonShula84
12-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Look at ND climb! Wow, hey Don... how many of those recruits are D? IMO for you guys to really be there with the TOP teams, you NEED some speed on D.

1/2 are defense. The big recruits still out there for ND are Chris Donald- #1 ranked Inside LB. ND needs him badly so hopefully we get lucky and steal him from Tennessee. And Martez Wilson. Though I think we'll lose Wilson to the used car salesman Zook.

DonShula84
12-13-2006, 07:05 PM
DS are you a Domer alum or just a fan? my wife is a Domer. i like this kid from what ive seen.

I'm just a fan.

Oboy
12-14-2006, 10:26 AM
1/2 are defense. The big recruits still out there for ND are Chris Donald- #1 ranked Inside LB. ND needs him badly so hopefully we get lucky and steal him from Tennessee. And Martez Wilson. Though I think we'll lose Wilson to the used car salesman Zook.
Seriously, HOW in the world does Zook pull in so many big recruits? Then again how does he keep getting new coaching jobs when he just does worse and worse at every job he gets?

He has to be the best salesman in the world! IT IS UNREAL! :shakeno:

DonShula84
12-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Seriously, HOW in the world does Zook pull in so many big recruits? Then again how does he keep getting new coaching jobs when he just does worse and worse at every job he gets?

He has to be the best salesman in the world! IT IS UNREAL! :shakeno:

I think it goes beyond him being a good salesman he is dirty. I dont necessarily mean he pays people, but he uses negative recruiting like no one else. Instead of just talking about his school he's talking up all the negatives of other schools type thing. He is a horrible coach so none of these players will ever realize their potential though.

lol after I typed this I just read that that D'Angelo McCray, 4th ranked DT in the country committed to Illinois. :tantrum:

Skeet84
12-14-2006, 07:37 PM
I think it goes beyond him being a good salesman he is dirty. I dont necessarily mean he pays people, but he uses negative recruiting like no one else. Instead of just talking about his school he's talking up all the negatives of other schools type thing. He is a horrible coach so none of these players will ever realize their potential though.

lol after I typed this I just read that that D'Angelo McCray, 4th ranked DT in the country committed to Illinois. :tantrum:

Saying he is dirty and not knowing any real information is just wrong. Now he is not a good coach, But a great recruiter and calling him dirty because of that is awful. :shakeno:

DonShula84
12-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Saying he is dirty and not knowing any real information is just wrong. Now he is not a good coach, But calling him dirty? :shakeno:

I say it based on things Weis has said. He has been asked about coaches negatively recruiting players and bashing ND in the recruiting process. And all this talk was happening when Benn was slipping away from ND and going to U of I. Like I said, I'm not saying he is paying people or doing anything illegal (though the school did just get in trouble for a booster paying kids). How many other 2 win teams with little or no tradition are pulling down 5 star athletes on both sides of the ball? I mean come on.

Skeet84
12-14-2006, 07:54 PM
I say it based on things Weis has said. He has been asked about coaches negatively recruiting players and bashing ND in the recruiting process. And all this talk was happening when Benn was slipping away from ND and going to U of I. Like I said, I'm not saying he is paying people or doing anything illegal (though the school did just get in trouble for a booster paying kids). How many other 2 win teams with little or no tradition are pulling down 5 star athletes on both sides of the ball? I mean come on.

Still almost every college will talk about negative things about other universitys. Besides Zook can recruit and he did it very well at the University of Florida. Besides they may have only won 2 games but Juices Williams was a big story and alot off ppl were talking about how U of I was on the rise. I think you just may be alittle upset that ND did not get some guys because of U of I.

DonShula84
12-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Still almost every college will talk about negative things about other universitys. Besides Zook can recruit and he did it very well at the University of Florida. Besides they may have only won 2 games but Juices Williams was a big story and alot off ppl were talking about how U of I was on the rise. I think you just may be alittle upset that ND did not get some guys because of U of I.

Absolutely! :lol: I mean...it's Illinois :(

Skeet84
12-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Absolutely! :lol: I mean...it's Illinois :(

:D I knew it! Yeah I still can't believe Benn did not go to ND.

Martel
12-14-2006, 07:59 PM

Man those ratings suck!! It's all players from VA!!!

Skeet84
12-14-2006, 08:02 PM

Well thats your opinion and your welcome to it, But I think Rivals is better.

DonShula84
12-14-2006, 08:09 PM

How many good prep schools are around?

Skeet84
12-14-2006, 08:18 PM
How many good prep schools are around?

2 , Milford Academy in NY and Chatham in VA