PDA

View Full Version : Trading in Used games

UCFinfan86
12-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Does anyone know what place is the best for trading in used games. Since i am getting my 360 i am giving my brother my PS2 but he only wants 2 of my games. I have
Blitz: The League
Gran Turismo 4
Nascar Thunder 2003
NHL Hitz 2002-03
Fight Night 2004
MVP NCAA Baseball 06
NFL Street 2
NHL 2005
QB Club 02 (Gameplay SUCKs, but QB challenge is always fun)
2 Memory Cards

I would maybe like a deal where you trade in 3 games and get something off of a 360 game or something.

Also i want to trade in my PSP(i have no idea how much i can look to get, its in perfect condition) and i have 3 games
GTA: Liberty City
Twisted Metal
NBA 06

and a PC game
Unreal Tournament 2004

rob19
12-02-2006, 04:19 PM
I trade all my games in at game stop, your not gonna get a 360 game for 3 old used games though.

UCFinfan86
12-02-2006, 04:22 PM
I trade all my games in at game stop, your not gonna get a 360 game for 3 old used games though.

I know i won't get it for Free, but they usually have a deal where if you trade in like 3 games get an extra 20% trade in value or something

rob19
12-02-2006, 04:24 PM
I know i won't get it for Free, but they usually have a deal where if you trade in like 3 games get an extra 20% trade in value or something

i dont know of any place that does that, but good luck a place though.:wink:

PeaTearGriffin
12-02-2006, 04:29 PM
Does anyone know what place is the best for trading in used games. Since i am getting my 360 i am giving my brother my PS2 but he only wants 2 of my games. I have
Gran Turismo 4
Nascar Thunder 2003
NHL Hitz 2002-03
Fight Night 2004
MVP NCAA Baseball 06
NFL Street 2
NHL 2005
2 Memory Cards

Hate to tell you this but many of these games you'll get like a buck for, especially the sports games that have a yearly release.

UCFinfan86
12-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Hate to tell you this but many of these games you'll get like a buck for, especially the sports games that have a yearly release.

yuh i know, i dont expect more then 15$, but thats why i need to find a place. Theres always signs about trading in 3 games, but i never really read them closely. Like on gamestop.com, they say trade in 3 games and get 20% trade in credit toward the purchase of 3 certain games, but i dont want any of the games listed

Fresh
12-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Game Stop rips you off with the newer titles (may not apply to this thread, but I'm throwing it out there)

I bought Rainbow Six: Vegas (360) the day it came out and started to play it. Little did I know, it's coming out for PS3 in like February, and I was originally told that it was a 360 exclusive. Because I already have a lot of games, I was just gonna wait.. so I took it to Game Stop, and a $60 game that came out just a day ago in perfect condition with zero scratches.. they offered me $25 for it. That's unreal.

If you ever wonna trade in any 360/PS3 games.. stay away from Game Stop - use Ebay. I see the mint condition Rainbow Six's on there for like $40-50.

UCFinfan86
12-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Game Stop rips you off with the newer titles (may not apply to this thread, but I'm throwing it out there)

I bought Rainbow Six: Vegas (360) the day it came out and started to play it. Little did I know, it's coming out for PS3 in like February, and I was originally told that it was a 360 exclusive. Because I already have a lot of games, I was just gonna wait.. so I took it to Game Stop, and a $60 game that came out just a day ago in perfect condition with zero scratches.. they offered me $25 for it. That's unreal.

If you ever wonna trade in any 360/PS3 games.. stay away from Game Stop - use Ebay. I see the mint condition Rainbow Six's on there for like $40-50.

No one would proably buy these games off of me on ebay, however i never considered it because i don't know how to sell items on ebay.

Fresh
12-02-2006, 04:43 PM
UCF, I've got a site for you about trading in that PSP.. hold up.

SKing29
12-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Gran Turismo 4
Nascar Thunder 2003
NHL Hitz 2002-03
Fight Night 2004
MVP NCAA Baseball 06
NFL Street 2
NHL 2005
2 Memory Cards

I would maybe like a deal where you trade in 3 games and get something off of a 360 game or something.

Also i want to trade in my PSP(i have no idea how much i can look to get, its in perfect condition) and i have 3 games
GTA: Liberty City
Twisted Metal
NBA 06

and a PC game
Unreal Tournament 2004

All of the game that I bolded I would consider buying from you because I would like to buy some good cheap games and I don't wanna go out and pay for new current gen games (saving up for a 360:D ). So shoot me a PM and we could work out a deal, and also give me an offer on what you would take for the PSP because I'm interested in it and GTA:LCS, so shoot me a PM.

UCFinfan86
12-02-2006, 04:51 PM
i went onto sellgamesonline.com has anyone ever used that? for all my PS2 and PSP games they will give me 51$

finattic79
12-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Yeah gamestop is a completel ripoff trading in games. Haven't found a place that gives a reasonable amount back other than selling htem on ebay.

Stitches
12-02-2006, 10:39 PM

I'd buy rainbow 6 off you for $45.

Reminisce32
12-03-2006, 06:09 AM
i went onto sellgamesonline.com has anyone ever used that? for all my PS2 and PSP games they will give me 51$
sellgamesonline.com would give me $161.65 for the stuff i got, does this website look legit though?

TheAnswer385
12-03-2006, 07:29 AM
i only got 8 freaken bucks for ncaa 07 for the 360!!!!

banzaitrey
12-03-2006, 02:04 PM
i only got 8 freaken bucks for ncaa 07 for the 360!!!!Damn...I woulda given you more than that

Cuban305Fan
12-03-2006, 08:36 PM
sellgamesonline.com would give me $161.65 for the stuff i got, does this website look legit though?

It looks legit, click where it says "About US" They got a Gaming store in Houston,TX. I might try that out, Good thing the shipping is free. I got $148.23 for PSP, 512mb Memory Stick and the 32mb (Only they give you 2 bucks for 32mb), and 4 old PSP Games, NBA Street Showdown, GTA LCS, Burnout for PSP and Infected.

dasright
06-27-2007, 06:42 PM

So I typed sellgamesonline in google and found that there are people that are unsure if it is a scam or something. My friend had been crazy about games for a long time. I have known him since we were in 5th grade. He would buy at least one game a week.

He had almost every console imaginable, at least all the more well known, such as snes, n64, gamecube, ps, ps2, xbox, dreamcast, sega genesis, and a few others. I believe it was like 3 months ago that he decided to sell all his games so he could get the 360 or the ps3.

We looked online and looked at different places to sell them such as gamestop. We know that gamestop only gives you credit and if you want cash you only get a percetage of the credit that they would have given you.

Then he finds sellgamesonline. It took him about an entire day to get list all his stuff and get his quote which happened to be just under $800, somethin like $792 or 795. Anyway he sent all his stuff in many boxes.

A week had past and got nothing. Two weeks past and got nothing. He called and them and they said that he sent a lot of stuff so it will take a while for them to check everything.

He finally recieved a check about 1 and a half months later for under the quoted price but it was still over $750. They said that some of the stuff didnt work which I think is bull****, but o well.

Anyway I know that this post may be a bit late, but its for those that are trying to find if it is a scam or not.

I will be selling my xbox along with 11 other games to them. The quote was like $145 or something.

Hope this helps anybody tryin to find out more about this company