PDA

View Full Version : Steve Smith?

finzfan99
12-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Please post in the correct forums.

im pretty sure steve smith (from USC) is a senior. obviously it depends where we pick but where do you all think he could fall and do you think he would be an option at some point in the draft for us.

TotoreMexico
12-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Draft forum bro

motioncityhifi
12-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Please post in the correct forums.

im pretty sure steve smith (from USC) is a senior. obviously it depends where we pick but where do you all think he could fall and do you think he would be an option at some point in the draft for us.

it kind of depends on his workout numbers. he turns in good numbers, he definitely moves up. right now i think he is a 2nd day pick, possible first day pick if he has good workouts.

Vertical Limit
12-02-2006, 09:57 PM
IMO, he's going to be a 3rd round/4th round pick in next year's draft. I see him become a good number 2 or a slot receiver. He is not a number 1 receiver.

Brown42000
12-02-2006, 10:06 PM
He will probably be a 3rd or 4th round pick but I would rather see Miami pick Jarrett.

Brown42000
12-02-2006, 10:07 PM
^^But we shouldn't be picking a receiver because we have bigger needs at different positions.

kashbo
12-02-2006, 10:58 PM
if you guys talking about getting a reciever how about jhonson from georgia tech or dwayne jarett

CitizenSnips
12-02-2006, 11:32 PM
if you guys talking about getting a reciever how about jhonson from georgia tech or dwayne jarett

Because our pick will be too high for them...plus we have bigger needs for the first round pick.

Pompy
12-02-2006, 11:34 PM
the best thing to do going into the draft is having all your positions set and being able to pick the best available. Usually when teams reach for a position it comes back to haunt them. But I can't understand why some think we need a WR.... Its one of our deepest positions..

musphinzfan
12-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Miami needs SPEED at wr what we lack most in this department.

MrEd
12-03-2006, 12:04 AM

We killed that possibility when we went on this winning streak...

they are top ten picks. We are picking around 20th so...it will most likely be NT, C, LT, CB if we want our picks worth

MrEd
12-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Miami needs SPEED at wr what we lack most in this department.

you know what's funny...i was preaching that earlier in the season but i found out that we have chambers, hagan, and vick who all run 4.4 in the 40

what we actually need is a bigger target than Booker...like Drew Bennett? :wink:

in other words a more "big play" receiver but that doesn't necessarily mean the deep threat...as chambers is that guy, but Joey doesnt go to him...and when he does, well you've seen what happens: overthrows, underthrows, or throws and INT...so...

it dont matter if we replace chambers with "another" speed guy...if Joey dont throw "accurately" to him or throw to him, period...it aint going to make a difference.

MrEd
12-03-2006, 12:12 AM
the best thing to do going into the draft is having all your positions set and being able to pick the best available. Usually when teams reach for a position it comes back to haunt them. But I can't understand why some think we need a WR.... Its one of our deepest positions..

Nothing is deeper than DLINE

WR's arent considered deep unless they are all "starting" material. Right now only Chambers and Booker are starting material. Welker is built for the slot. But he's too small to be an every down possession receiver and too slow to be an every down deep threat.

Hagan and Vick arent proven. So, no. We arent "deep" at WR. We can use some additions or replacements. :cooldude:

WestCKoastiN
12-03-2006, 01:43 AM
He will probably be a 3rd or 4th round pick but I would rather see Miami pick Jarrett.

:yeahthat:

DolphanD
12-03-2006, 07:14 AM
OLB all the way and if he can play some DE that would be icing on the cake.