PDA

View Full Version : If the BCS is smart . . .It would put Florida in the Title Game!!

Kdawg954
12-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Simply put, if u take Florida over Michigan . . . there would be much less contraversy (sp?). Florida is a Conference Champion, has played a tougher schedule and didn't lose to the team they would face in the title game. Yea Michigan's only loss was on the road by 3 to the number one team, but truth be told, they are NOT a conference champion and the Big 10 doesn't compare to the SEC in conference strength . . . especially with Florida's brutal schedule.

I think they throw Michigan in there, and I kinda hope they do, because then I believe it truly would be obvious to go a different direction when it comes to determining the College Football Champs. Everybody always talks about "The BCS finds a way to work itself out" . . . if they screw the SEC again, that will be the end of it, IMO.

LtDan
12-02-2006, 11:02 PM
you a Florida fan by chance??

Kdawg954
12-02-2006, 11:04 PM
you a Florida fan by chance??

Actually, I don't like the Gators at all . . . . Fan of the "U" here.

kpcane
12-02-2006, 11:04 PM
If Florida was the consensus #2, they'd be in the title game. You have beef with the college ranking system, not the BCS. If Florida gets in the title game, it will be because of the BCS, but if the BCS does it's job, Michigan would be in the title game, because they are ranked higher.

kpcane
12-02-2006, 11:05 PM
Actually, I don't like the Gators at all . . . . Fan of the "U" here.

Why would you want UF playing for a national title then? I'm getting nauseous just thinking about them having two titles in one year.

Pocoloco
12-02-2006, 11:08 PM
I would rather see Florida too, and I think it's gonna happen. I don't see why it shouldn't, since they've survived a tougher schedule (margin of victory aside). I accepted the argument that USC deserved it if they beat UCLA, but I don't understand why Michigan deserves it for losing to Ohio State, then being idle.
The BCS is a mess. There will be less controversy if they send Florida to the big game because Michigan got their shot. It'll be Ohio State and Florida.

Kdawg954
12-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Why would you want UF playing for a national title then? I'm getting nauseous just thinking about them having two titles in one year.

I don't "want" Florida to be in there, I said it would be better for the BCS if they got in. Honestly I want Michigan in the title game, because it would mark the second time the SEC got shafted by the BCS, and I truly think that would spark the fire to end the BCS nonsense and maybe come up with a valid playoff system, or something of the sort. Playoffs brackets are used VERY successfully in every other major team sport . . . I can't comprehend why it wouldn't work in college football.

Kdawg954
12-02-2006, 11:12 PM
If Florida was the consensus #2, they'd be in the title game. You have beef with the college ranking system, not the BCS. If Florida gets in the title game, it will be because of the BCS, but if the BCS does it's job, Michigan would be in the title game, because they are ranked higher.

U being a fellow Cane fan, u remember when UM I believe was ranked 2nd in the country back in 2000, beat FSU, but the BCS had FSU ranked number 2 still over them and UM got shafted and we saw FSU lose to Oklahoma I believe. The BCS has been a flawed system from the beginning and college football needs a playoff system.

MikeO
12-02-2006, 11:13 PM
How did Florida play a tougher schedule than Michigan?

ND, OSU, Wisconsin are esentially 3 Top 10 teams

phinman1
12-02-2006, 11:15 PM
There is no question in my mind Florida should be in the title game, and no I'm not a Gator fan. They finished FIRST in the toughest conference in the country, Michigan finished SECOND in their conference.

Michigan HAD THEIR SHOT AND BLEW IT against Ohio St. Somebody else deserves a chance. If the BCS puts a team that finished second in its conference over a team that won the toughest conference in the land, then it is indeed a joke.

The good thing about this is it really is a nightmare scenario for the BCS, and could hopefully initiate the process of a playoff. I mean, how easy would it be to play one more game? I don't understand it, although I'm sure it had to do with money.

Kdawg954
12-02-2006, 11:17 PM

U named 3 teams . . . ND lost badly twice and should have lost against UCLA and Ga Tech. Wisconsin played nobody . . . and yea OSU is the number 1 ranked team but they beat a Texas team who hasn't looked great recently either. I wouldn't say ND or Wisconsin are top 10, but that is my opinion.

Florida played Tenn, Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, Bama, Georgia, FSU, a tuff South Carolina team a fiesty Kentucky team. . . that is a sick schedule, even if some of those teams are having down years . . . that still IMO beats Michigan and Ohio States schedule, and nobody is gonna tell me any different.

DeathStar
12-02-2006, 11:17 PM

the irish...they are a joke. creampuff schedule. got killed by USC and Michigan and played creampuffs after that.

phinman1
12-02-2006, 11:18 PM

Notre Dame? They aren't even that good. They played two good teams and were pasted both times.

jpcdolphan
12-02-2006, 11:18 PM
I think we're going to see a number of Harris poll voters have a change of heart and have Florida jump Michigan. With the computers likely to give Florida a slight edge, that should put them over the top.

A Michigan-OSU rematch with a pefectly valid one loss conference champ left out in the cold would spark too much controversy. Nobody wants to take the risk of having the AP crown their own champ again and make a total mockery of the BCS.

Personally speaking, though, I want Florida to be left out because:

1) Might bring us one step closer to a playoff.

2) Florida going to the Sugar sends LSU to the Rose to beat down USC!

finattic79
12-02-2006, 11:20 PM
I don't understand how money is even an issue. If they play an extra that generates even more revenue. And the nonsense that they don't want football players missing more classes, if I remeber correctly Football players miss the least amount of classes then any other sport.

DonShula84
12-02-2006, 11:20 PM
ND lost badly twice and should have lost against UCLA and Ga Tech

Lets not play that game unless you want to argue that UF should have lost against SC.

I agree with your original post though

Kdawg954
12-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Lets not play that game unless you want to argue that UF should have lost against SC.

Understandable, but when u lose twice . . . bad like ND did, u can throw in the other close losses that COULD of happened. Florida didn't lose bad to anybody and showed grit by winning out some of those other games . . . shows the mark of a good team. I just don't think ND is a top 10 team, I thought they were, but I guess its true what they say in that u have to wait until the season is over to really judge teams.

phinman1
12-02-2006, 11:25 PM
I don't understand how money is even an issue. If they play an extra that generates even more revenue. And the nonsense that they don't want football players missing more classes, if I remeber correctly Football players miss the least amount of classes then any other sport.

Why the NCAA doesn't go to a playoff is beyond me. If I had to guess it has to do with the stogies who run the big bowls. You can still keep the tradition of the bowls going by making them a part of the playoff. The Rose, Sugar, Fiesta and Orange can rotate like they do now and host the semi's and the finals with say 4 teams. The interest in the bowls would go even higher because each bowl game includes a potential National Champ.

Phinz420
12-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Is that post a complete joke?

You think UF shouldn't get to play for the title because they won in basketball?

I am praying that people like you aren't the ones making the decisions in the polls, because it would be a complete mockery of a system if they did.

finattic79
12-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Why the NCAA doesn't go to a playoff is beyond me. If I had to guess it has to do with the stogies who run the big bowls. You can still keep the tradition of the bowls going by making them a part of the playoff. The Rose, Sugar, Fiesta and Orange can rotate like they do now and host the semi's and the finals with say 4 teams. The interest in the bowls would go even higher because each bowl game includes a potential National Champ.

Completely agree, thats exactly how they should handle it. Either way I think its win-win situation for Florida, if we don't get in, it sucks, but would almost assure a playoff system would be worked out this offseason. If they get in, it saves the BCS some face, but still think still will prolly attempt to make a playoff system.

DonShula84
12-02-2006, 11:30 PM
Understandable, but when u lose twice . . . bad like ND did, u can throw in the other close losses that COULD of happened. Florida didn't lose bad to anybody and showed grit by winning out some of those other games . . . shows the mark of a good team. I just don't think ND is a top 10 team, I thought they were, but I guess its true what they say in that u have to wait until the season is over to really judge teams.

I agree completely that UF deserves to be in the title game, and that their schedule was more difficult than Michigans. I think beating ND in South Bend, something Michigan hasnt done often in recent years, is still a good win for UM. Especially how they beat us. That isnt to say that ND isnt a little overrated, but it's still a good win.

For me it's this easy. SEC champ vs runner up in the Big Ten. End of story, UF to Glendale.

kpcane
12-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Is that post a complete joke?

You think UF shouldn't get to play for the title because they won in basketball?

I am praying that people like you aren't the ones making the decisions in the polls, because it would be a complete mockery of a system if they did.

Yes, I think UF should not get a shot at the national title because they won in basketball. And I also have a vote in the Harris poll.

kpcane
12-02-2006, 11:33 PM
U being a fellow Cane fan, u remember when UM I believe was ranked 2nd in the country back in 2000, beat FSU, but the BCS had FSU ranked number 2 still over them and UM got shafted and we saw FSU lose to Oklahoma I believe. The BCS has been a flawed system from the beginning and college football needs a playoff system.

I didn't follow the Canes back then before I actually went here, but I do remember that and that's when the BCS shafted us. But I'm saying if Michigan, the #2 team in the country, doesn't get in, then they'd be getting shafted. If UF gets in, it should only be because they are voted #2 by the voters, and not by the computers.

Kdawg954
12-02-2006, 11:34 PM
I agree completely that UF deserves to be in the title game, and that their schedule was more difficult than Michigans. I think beating ND in South Bend, something Michigan hasnt done often in recent years, is still a good win for UM. Especially how they beat us. That isnt to say that ND isnt a little overrated, but it's still a good win.

For me it's this easy. SEC champ vs runner up in the Big Ten. End of story, UF to Glendale.

Yep, nah in no circumstance am I saying that Michigan's win @ ND is a good win . . . it was a fantastic win . . . but someone stated that Michigans schedule was tuffer than Florida's and I think that is a crazy statement. I don't even like Florida, and they have eeked out SEVERAL games this year, but they won those games and they are conference champs in what is generally considered the TUFFEST conference in the country and they are gonna get snubbed by a team who placed 2nd in their conference. Just crazy.

kpcane
12-02-2006, 11:35 PM

I don't agree with that. Notre Dame should have lost to UCLA. Their coach choked big time in that game. ND was very, very fortunate.

Kdawg954
12-02-2006, 11:38 PM
I didn't follow the Canes back then before I actually went here, but I do remember that and that's when the BCS shafted us. But I'm saying if Michigan, the #2 team in the country, doesn't get in, then they'd be getting shafted. If UF gets in, it should only be because they are voted #2 by the voters, and not by the computers.

But that is the whole point . . . why even depend on these dumb computers to determine the 2 best teams. Go with the top 8 teams (IMO, the 6 conference champs and 2 Wildcard teams) and just do a playoff. Who cares if we snub a team who feels like they should have been in the top 8, its better than snubbing a team who should be in the top 2 . . . because the top 2 and 6 others would be getting a chance at the title. Its the only way to do it.

Mike13
12-03-2006, 12:03 AM
^ I completely agree. This system should not exsist, there must be a playoff system.

There would be a huge uproar if UF does not get in.

DeathStar
12-03-2006, 12:08 AM
****ing ESPN is going to have lloyd carr on sports center to plead his case...thats ****ing bull****...they should give urban equal time to also plead his case....i guarantee you that voters will be watching tonight's sportscenter and its bull**** that they will hear michigan's side without hearing florida's dude.

ESPN sucks. we know what matchup they want.

Roman529
12-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Here is why Michigan should NOT go:

Michigan already lost their shot against Ohio State earlier this year....so is it fair to Ohio State if they play Michigan again and lose in the rematch and see Michigan claim the national title???? NOOOOOOOO.

jpcdolphan
12-03-2006, 12:18 AM
****ing ESPN is going to have lloyd carr on sports center to plead his case...thats ****ing bull****...they should give urban equal time to also plead his case....i guarantee you that voters will be watching tonight's sportscenter and its bull**** that they will hear michigan's side without hearing florida's dude.

Well, if any voter allows themselves to be swayed by any last minute plea from either Carr or Meyer, that kind of tells you what you need to know about the integrity of the BCS.

As an avowed BCS hater, I'll be very happy with a big controversial decision. Turns up the heat a little more for a playoff. Maybe not next year or the year after or even the year after that, but hopefully one day...

brandon1986
12-03-2006, 12:23 AM
the bcs needs to be scrapped it is utterly useless

no way should michigan get in, they had there shot and could not win their conference, the gators won theirs

plus if michigan got in and beat osu, should osu get a rematch?

i would have been fine if usc won and got to go, but now usc and michigan could not take care of business, florida now deserves the shot

HysterikiLL
12-03-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm not a Gator fan, but write it in my blood. The Gators deserve to be in the Nat'l championship game. **** SOS. **** where and when Michigan lost. Florida deserve it.

phinman1
12-03-2006, 01:12 AM
If Florida doesn't get in, the NCAA should just proclaim that an SEC team isn't allowed a shot at the championship anymore. Winning the toughest conference with the toughest schedule in the land with only one loss isn't good enough, and hey going undefeated in the toughest conference like Auburn did isn't good enough either.

finswin56
12-03-2006, 01:16 AM
If Florida doesn't get in, the NCAA should just proclaim that an SEC team isn't allowed a shot at the championship anymore. Winning the toughest conference with the toughest schedule in the land with only one loss isn't good enough, and hey going undefeated in the toughest conference like Auburn did isn't good enough either.lol

If UF doesn't get in the NC game, then all of the "toughest conference" talk by the media amounts to no more than lip service.

Jimmy James
12-03-2006, 01:45 AM
That this is even a controversy is disgusting. I'm in no way a Florida fan, but they finished atop the hardest conference in football. It's pathetic the way the SEC is treated like the ******* stepchild of college football because the voters have a hardon for the Pac 10, Big Ten, and Big 12. Look at the treatment of LSU and of Auburn in recent years and tell me that's not a crime.

Mike13
12-03-2006, 02:32 AM
That this is even a controversy is disgusting. I'm in no way a Florida fan, but they finished atop the hardest conference in football. It's pathetic the way the SEC is treated like the ******* stepchild of college football because the voters have a hardon for the Pac 10, Big Ten, and Big 12. Look at the treatment of LSU and of Auburn in recent years and tell me that's not a crime.

The BCS needs to go.

Motion
12-03-2006, 02:57 AM

Relax bro. Urban was on about 5 minutes later. :wink:

This will all work itself out. We'll know tomorrow evening.

Kdawg954
12-03-2006, 09:44 AM
As an avowed BCS hater, I'll be very happy with a big controversial decision. Turns up the heat a little more for a playoff. Maybe not next year or the year after or even the year after that, but hopefully one day...

Trust me in saying that if Florida gets snubbed the oppurtunity to play for the NC, the BCS may be gone as soon as next year . . . there will be tons of criticism . . . and i think this afternoon Florida will get snubbed because everyone said before the game even happened that if USC lost and Florida won, Michigan would rank higher on the computers . . . I'm like u, I hope it happens because this sports needs a playoff, not a luck fest.

Right now we should be headed into a playoff.

1. Ohio State (Big 10 Champ)
8. Wake Forest (ACC Champ)

4. Louiville (Big East Champ)
5. LSU (Wild Card #2)

3. Michigan (Wild Card #1)
6. USC (Pac-10 Champ)

2. Florida (SEC Champ)
7. Oklahoma (Big 12 Champ)

Sure we snub teams like Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Boise State, but its better than snubbing a top team like Florida or Michigan the "opportunity" to play for the championship. It's a much better alternative.

BLITZKRIEG
12-03-2006, 09:53 AM
The Gators just played the toughest schedule in the nation, and won the SEC Championship. They deserve to play Ohio State for the National Championship as a result. No question about it in my opinion. And yes, I'm a very proud Gators fan!! :cpatch:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

finswin56
12-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Trust me in saying that if Florida gets snubbed the oppurtunity to play for the NC, the BCS may be gone as soon as next year . . . there will be tons of criticism . . . and i think this afternoon Florida will get snubbed because everyone said before the game even happened that if USC lost and Florida won, Michigan would rank higher on the computers . . . I'm like u, I hope it happens because this sports needs a playoff, not a luck fest.

Right now we should be headed into a playoff.

1. Ohio State (Big 10 Champ)
8. Wake Forest (ACC Champ)

4. Louiville (Big East Champ)
5. LSU (Wild Card #2)

3. Michigan (Wild Card #1)
6. USC (Pac-10 Champ)

2. Florida (SEC Champ)
7. Oklahoma (Big 12 Champ)

Sure we snub teams like Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Boise State, but its better than snubbing a top team like Florida or Michigan the "opportunity" to play for the championship. It's a much better alternative.That would be a pretty solid playoff :up: I would even have a provision that would allow a conference champion to be snubbed (i.e. Wake Forest) if they fail to attain a predetermined BCS ranking in favor of a Boise State.

Kdawg954
12-03-2006, 10:04 AM
That would be a pretty solid playoff :up: I would even have a provision that would allow a conference champion to be snubbed (i.e. Wake Forest) if they fail to attain a predetermined BCS ranking in favor of a Boise State.

Yea, I mean I think it would be hard to leave out a BCS conference champion . . . especially for a non BCS team . . but I see what u are saying (I think Wake Forest possibly moves into the top 12, possibly top 10 today, so it will look better for them). But a playoff just needs to happen . . . if they gotta shorten the season a game or 2, then whatever . . . . I guess the only concern would be if u have 2 undefeated teams (obvious 1 and 2's) and we go into a playoff and one loses early, but hey . . . just means they weren't as good as advertised I guess.

finswin56
12-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Yea, I mean I think it would be hard to leave out a BCS conference champion . . . especially for a non BCS team . . but I see what u are saying (I think Wake Forest possibly moves into the top 12, possibly top 10 today, so it will look better for them). But a playoff just needs to happen . . . if they gotta shorten the season a game or 2, then whatever . . . . I guess the only concern would be if u have 2 undefeated teams (obvious 1 and 2's) and we go into a playoff and one loses early, but hey . . . just means they weren't as good as advertised I guess.
Yup, that's the whole point of a playoff. Win it on the field.
If Wake stays in the top 16, the I would say they're in too. If they would have lost to GT, then that's a case where I could have seen a conference champ veto take place.

MikeO
12-03-2006, 11:36 AM
If Florida doesn't get in, the NCAA should just proclaim that an SEC team isn't allowed a shot at the championship anymore. Winning the toughest conference with the toughest schedule in the land with only one loss isn't good enough, and hey going undefeated in the toughest conference like Auburn did isn't good enough either.

A thought (not looking for a war or a huge arguement here) ......maybe this "toughest" conference thing is a little overrated!! Maybe some of those teams just aren't as good as everyone thinks and its more preception than reality.

I mean the SEC teams get passed over year after year by the BCS in some way shape or form.......obviously someone or something (computers) have found the flaw!

Just a theory.

MikeO
12-03-2006, 11:38 AM

And the SEC conference voted against an "PLUS +1" game ...........they have nobody to blame but themselves.

They were the ones trying to drum up enough votes to prevent a PLUS +1 game, so.......oh well. Can't cry now...:boohoo:

MikeO
12-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Sure we snub teams like Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Boise State, but its better than snubbing a top team like Florida or Michigan the "opportunity" to play for the championship. It's a much better alternative.

So it's ok to "SNUB" teams as long as its not your team???? :confused:

Let's just make the rules for the "BIG" schools and make it next to impossible for the little guy??

Bottom line your playoff scenerio isn't bad. Take the 6 BCS CONFERENCE CHAMPS (no matter what their record is, win your conference...your in) then have 2 at large. But 1 of those at large MUST go to a school like "Boise" if they have a year like they did this year. Otherwise more lawsuits come from the WAC, MAC, C-USA,..etc and the NCAA or BCS can't win those lawsuits!!!!!!!! And the OTHER at large must go to Notre Dame if they met a certain critera, which they did meet this year.

Meaning, this year........probably LSU and Mich would have been left out. And people would be saying.......how can you have a playoff with no Michigan who is ranked #2.

It's a no win situation

MikeO
12-03-2006, 11:44 AM
The Gators just played the toughest schedule in the nation, and won the SEC Championship. They deserve to play Ohio State for the National Championship as a result. No question about it in my opinion. And yes, I'm a very proud Gators fan!! :cpatch:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Didn't Florida play WESTERN CAROLINA like 2 weeks ago. Hardly the toughest conference in the country when you play an OUT OF CONFERENCE cupcake the week before thanksgiving!!!!

Get the cupcakes out of the way in Sep like every other school. Florida didn't play the toughest schedule in the nation either by far. USC's was tougher. Tennessee's was tougher. Ohio St's was tougher.. I could list a bunch of schools with tougher schedules.

cnc66
12-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Didn't Florida play WESTERN CAROLINA like 2 weeks ago. Hardly the toughest conference in the country when you play an OUT OF CONFERENCE cupcake the week before thanksgiving!!!!

Get the cupcakes out of the way in Sep like every other school. Florida didn't play the toughest schedule in the nation either by far. USC's was tougher. Tennessee's was tougher. Ohio St's was tougher.. I could list a bunch of schools with tougher schedules.

well, lets see um... all "I" have to go on is the repeated asertion that UF did indeed play the tougest schedule... not just "your" opinion Mike...but how you arrived at the conclusion... a link perhaps...

MikeO
12-03-2006, 11:51 AM
well, lets see um... all "I" have to go on is the repeated asertion that UF did indeed play the tougest schedule... not just "your" opinion Mike...but how you arrived at the conclusion... a link perhaps...

OK, Florida played in the SEC. And out of conference they played Central Florida, Southern Miss, and FSU that wasn't any good this year.

Tennessee for example played in the same SEC. And out of conference played CAL.

So, that alone..........Tenn played a tougher schedule than Florida!

I'm not saying Florida didn't play a "TOUGH" schedule. They did. I'm just saying they didn't play the "TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE COUNTRY" That's all!!

Kdawg954
12-03-2006, 12:01 PM

Let's just make the rules for the "BIG" schools and make it next to impossible for the little guy??

Bottom line your playoff scenerio isn't bad. Take the 6 BCS CONFERENCE CHAMPS (no matter what their record is, win your conference...your in) then have 2 at large. But 1 of those at large MUST go to a school like "Boise" if they have a year like they did this year. Otherwise more lawsuits come from the WAC, MAC, C-USA,..etc and the NCAA or BCS can't win those lawsuits!!!!!!!! And the OTHER at large must go to Notre Dame if they met a certain critera, which they did meet this year.

Meaning, this year........probably LSU and Mich would have been left out. And people would be saying.......how can you have a playoff with no Michigan who is ranked #2.

It's a no win situation

Yes, it would be tuff to leave Boise out . . . and maybe u have to leave a LSU out and put them in. . . but atleast IMO u would have a definitive National Champion when it is all said and done. I do agree that if u win your conference u are in . . . I mean I couldn't see even if Ga Tech won yesterday . . . them being ACC Champs and not getting an invite to the BCS playoff system. LSU fans would be upset . . . but I guess u have to throw Boise in there. But this is only a minor inconvience compared to snubbing teams who deserve to play in "ONE" game. It just seems like a logical way to handle the bulk load of the contreversy which is "Who should play in the BCS title game".

finswin56
12-03-2006, 12:02 PM

It's a no win situationThere would be no justification for ND getting in this year. There would have to be some sort of BCS ranking involved with a minimum level of achievement. Just meeting that level shouldn't be enough with ND's performance in a year like this.
</IMG>

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-03-2006, 12:03 PM
i agree with this thread title completely.

finswin56
12-03-2006, 12:04 PM
OK, Florida played in the SEC. And out of conference they played Central Florida, Southern Miss, and FSU that wasn't any good this year.

I'm not saying Florida didn't play a "TOUGH" schedule. They did. I'm just saying they didn't play the "TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE COUNTRY" That's all!!They didn't play the SAME SEC schedule.

MikeO
There would be no justification for ND getting in this year. There would have to be some sort of BCS ranking involved with a minimum level of achievement. Just meeting that level shouldn't be enough with ND's performance in a year like this.
</IMG>

They have that now!!!!!!!! ND can't just go to a BCS BOWL. They have to have "X" amount of wins (think its 10) and be ranked in the Top 15 of the BCS rankings or something. I'm not sure exactly what it is.

And that probably wouldn't change.

NJL52

In my point of view it is like a sibling rivalry. I love Miami to death. So that naturally makes me dislike ND, all of Cali, Ohio etc. So when FSU or Florida wins at least we keep it in state. In state trophy >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ohio/cali/ND trophy.

MikeO
They didn't play the SAME SEC schedule.

Close enough!!! Tenn got Arkansas in the regular season. Florida didn't until the SEC title game.

Your right, Tenn had the tougher schedule there too!!

Daytona Fin
12-03-2006, 12:05 PM
what time does the bcs poll get announced today? go gators. michian should have dropped at least 2 spots after losing to ohio st. they shouldn't even be #2 right now. they better get it right today or say goodbye to the bcs.

Kdawg954
12-03-2006, 12:08 PM
There would be no justification for ND getting in this year. There would have to be some sort of BCS ranking involved with a minimum level of achievement. Just meeting that level shouldn't be enough with ND's performance in a year like this.
</IMG>

Agreed, u can't take ND over a Michigan team . . . especially when Michigan stomped them earlier this year and only has the one loss to Ohio State. Fact is u can't take all the teams . . . and I am in favor of the veto thing u were talking about but that would cause alot of stirups as well. It would have been more interesting if ND beat USC I guess. Then it would be a real battle because u would have ND, Michigan, LSU and Boise vying for 2 spots. Still I think the general public would be satisfied with the winner of the system as a "definitive" national champ.

MikeO
12-03-2006, 12:08 PM
what time does the bcs poll get announced today? go gators. michian should have dropped at least 2 spots after losing to ohio st. they shouldn't even be #2 right now. they better get it right today or say goodbye to the bcs.

BCS is going no place. Contracts are in place for a while.

SEC gets screwed over everytime yet they fight to keep the BCS. I don't see that changing again. LSU and AUburn both got screwed and the SEC fought to keep it the same esentially. Why is Florida any different?

MikeO
12-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Agreed, u can't take ND over a Michigan team . . . especially when Michigan stomped them earlier this year and only has the one loss to Ohio State. Fact is u can't take all the teams . . . and I am in favor of the veto thing u were talking about but that would cause alot of stirups as well. It would have been more interesting if ND beat USC I guess. Then it would be a real battle because u would have ND, Michigan, LSU and Boise vying for 2 spots. Still I think the general public would be satisfied with the winner of the system as a "definitive" national champ.

Out of those 2 spots..........

Boise would have to go. Unbeaten and small conference. You MUST include a team like that or else the lawsuits come and the BCS/NCAA can't win those lawsuits. They just can't.

Then Michigan gets in over ND and LSU. You could make the standards higher for ND to get a spot. That could be easily justified. And out of Mich or LSU......you have to take MICH!

MikeO
12-03-2006, 12:11 PM

I think FOX has it after the 4:15 NFL games end. So probably around 7 or 7:30 I think

Daytona Fin
12-03-2006, 12:15 PM
I think FOX has it after the 4:15 NFL games end. So probably around 7 or 7:30 I think
thanks for the time and as for the bcs , contracts dont mean anything these days. when the ap poll pulled out of the bcs i'm sure they had a contract but i could be wrong. thanks again.

Marino2Clayton
12-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Tennessee didn't play Auburn and Florida played at Neyland Stadium.

finswin56
12-03-2006, 12:22 PM
They have that now!!!!!!!! ND can't just go to a BCS BOWL. They have to have "X" amount of wins (think its 10) and be ranked in the Top 15 of the BCS rankings or something. I'm not sure exactly what it is.

And that probably wouldn't change.I'm not talking about keeping it status quo. If only eight teams are in this playoff, then ND must be in the top 8 at minimum.

finswin56
12-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Tennessee didn't play Auburn and Florida played at Neyland Stadium.You beat me to it, not to mention the Auburn game was at Auburn.

Timmy54
12-03-2006, 12:32 PM

both cbs and espn agree florida played a harder schedule. cbs had their schedules head to head and uf won 7 games to 3! USC was +1 over the gators.

Motion
12-03-2006, 12:35 PM

I'm not saying Florida didn't play a "TOUGH" schedule. They did. I'm just saying they didn't play the "TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE COUNTRY" That's all!!
Doesn't matter what you say. This isn't an issue of opinion, its fact. The numbers are there, Florida played the toughest ranked schedule in the nation.

Florida #1
USC #2
Michigan #4
Tennessee #12
Ohio State #30

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls/119

Motion
12-03-2006, 12:38 PM
The BCS Bowl selection show is on at 7:50 pm EST on FOX today.

rafael
12-03-2006, 12:40 PM
i agree with this thread title completely.

I agree with the thread title but does anyone have any reason to believe that the BCS is smart?

Crowder52
12-03-2006, 12:44 PM

Sorry pal, but you just showed your bias right there.

First of all, why does it matter when you play your cupcake game? Michigan played Ball St. in November and I don't see you complaining about that.

Second, I just want to make sure I understand you right on Ohio St. having a harder schedule. I'm going to list the ranked teams Ohio St. and UF played and then I want you to tell me how theirs is harder. (Rankings going into this weekend)

Ohio St.
@ #17 Texas
vs. #3 Michigan

UF
@ #19 Tennessee
vs. #5 LSU
@ #11 Auburn
vs. #8 Arkansas

Stitches
12-03-2006, 01:12 PM
All I know is the BCS lucked out with Rutgers losing. Because if Louisville would have been left out so Notre Dame could get in that would have been the biggest load of bull ****.

Mike13
12-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Out of those 2 spots..........

Boise would have to go. Unbeaten and small conference. You MUST include a team like that or else the lawsuits come and the BCS/NCAA can't win those lawsuits. They just can't

Well you can add a couple of more spots but maybe that would make it more of a pain in the ***.

Motion
12-03-2006, 01:16 PM
The whole FOX pregame crew says Florida vs. OSU :D

Stitches
12-03-2006, 01:18 PM
I agree with the thread title but does anyone have any reason to believe that the BCS is smart?

I don't think something that isn't actually tangible can be called smart or dumb.

Kdawg954
12-03-2006, 01:18 PM
All I know is the BCS lucked out with Rutgers losing. Because if Louisville would have been left out so Notre Dame could get in that would have been the biggest load of bull ****.

If ND gets in period it is BS . . . but there are what? 10 BCS spots now . . . so it makes it possible for 2 other teams to get in. But with the 6 conference champs, plus LSU and Michigan, that leaves 2 spots . . .so I guess they are in cuz the BCS is not gonna throw in a third SEC team (Auburn) or a third Big 10 team (Wisconsin) . . . so I guess it will be ND and Boise.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-03-2006, 01:19 PM
The whole FOX pregame crew says Florida vs. OSU :D
:D i think bradshaw is a part of the Harris poll, isn't he?

Stitches
12-03-2006, 01:19 PM
If ND gets in period it is BS . . . but there are what? 10 BCS spots now . . . so it makes it possible for 2 other teams to get in. But with the 6 conference champs, plus LSU and Michigan, that leaves 2 spots . . . so ND is in a battle w/ Wisconsin and

It is crap, but Wisconsin can't get in because Michigan and Ohio State are already there.

Kdawg954
12-03-2006, 01:21 PM
It is crap, but Wisconsin can't get in because Michigan and Ohio State are already there.

Yea I had edited the post,

DonShula84
12-03-2006, 05:02 PM
If ND gets in period it is BS . . . but there are what? 10 BCS spots now . . . so it makes it possible for 2 other teams to get in. But with the 6 conference champs, plus LSU and Michigan, that leaves 2 spots . . .so I guess they are in cuz the BCS is not gonna throw in a third SEC team (Auburn) or a third Big 10 team (Wisconsin) . . . so I guess it will be ND and Boise.

Who behind ND deserves it? All the eligible teams in front of us are getting spots, so why is it BS. 10 teams get in, Auburn and Wisconsin arent eligible, please explain where the BS comes from. You say it's BS, then in the next half of post explain why they're getting a spot lol