PDA

View Full Version : National Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Okay, so the National Championship is set! The Ohio State Buckeyes vs. the Florida Gators. Discuss this great matchup here.

I can't wait! :woot:

Roman529
12-03-2006, 09:11 PM
Congrats Gators...just saw the news.

King Felix
12-03-2006, 09:13 PM
go gators!!!!!!!!

Phinz420
12-03-2006, 09:16 PM
:yes:
:dj2::rocker:

:drinkers:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-03-2006, 09:16 PM
wow, UF was ahead of michigan by the smallest margin ever.

Roman529
12-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Tom Brady is crying in his towel that his Michigan Wolverines won't get to get beat a 2nd time by Ohio State. :boohoo:

Motion
12-03-2006, 09:28 PM
:woot: Go Gators!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2007/05/oldschoolgator-1.gif

NJFINSFAN1
12-03-2006, 09:29 PM
The whole schedule is here
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2473969

DBoston80
12-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Florida Gator fans..Please no matter what, after the game..PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont blame the refs if you lose:D

Motion
12-03-2006, 09:33 PM
:lol: This is gonna be a long 5 weeks!

Wombat
12-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Funny thing, is that we have alot of Florida and Ohio st. fans here.

Going to be interesting to see things daily.

King Felix
12-03-2006, 09:36 PM
:lol: This is gonna be a long 5 weeks!:lol:

Roman529
12-03-2006, 09:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2473969

My ASU Sun Devils play in Hawaii. :tongue: Where is my suntan lotion?

The U plays in Boise....I bet a lot of Miami players have never seen snow. :lol:

Mike13
12-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Florida Gator fans..Please no matter what, after the game..PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont blame the refs if you lose:D

That will get the UM fans going.

King Felix
12-03-2006, 09:38 PM
My ASU Sun Devils play in Hawaii. :tongue: Where is my suntan lotion?

The U plays in Boise....I bet a lot of Miami players have never seen snow. :lol:arizona state will get crushed.

King Felix
12-03-2006, 09:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2473969lmfao @ the ducks having the second bowl game

oooooooooooh the sweetness

Cuban Dave 9
12-03-2006, 09:48 PM
oooooo right...giggidy giggidy goo

cnc66
12-03-2006, 09:49 PM
arizona state will get crushed.

so what...they're in Hawaii :cooldude:

Blade
12-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Should be a good game! Now we only have to wait forever to see it.

ThePats
12-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Tom Brady is crying in his towel that his Michigan Wolverines won't get to get beat a 2nd time by Ohio State. :boohoo:
Well Brady may not be happy but I'm sure our almost completely Florida recieving core is. Jesus whats with all these Florida recievers. :rolleyes:

At anyrate I hope Florida beats OSU.

Majpain
12-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Wo Who Is Pumped Up! Woooo!!

Marino2Clayton
12-03-2006, 10:57 PM
OSU opens up as a 7.5 fav @ Pinny.

Dors156
12-03-2006, 11:02 PM
:woot::woot::woot:

finfan01
12-03-2006, 11:03 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif:yes:

kpcane
12-03-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm disappointed in college football and urban meyer. As much as I hate Ohio State for robbing me of freshman year glory, I don't see how any neutral fan could want Florida to win this game. Urban Meyer cried until his eyes went dry to get UF in the game, and I don't think that's right. Let's just wait this summer to see if he's still the world's biggest backer of a playoff system.

kpcane
12-03-2006, 11:09 PM

Personal Attack

Kev83
12-03-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm disappointed in college football and urban meyer. As much as I hate Ohio State for robbing me of freshman year glory, I don't see how any neutral fan could want Florida to win this game. Urban Meyer cried until his eyes went dry to get UF in the game, and I don't think that's right. Let's just wait this summer to see if he's still the world's biggest backer of a playoff system.

I'm not following this. Why should someone dislike Meyer for saying what he did??? Nothing wrong and 100% fine for him to speak as he wants. Urban gave plenty of credit to Michigan and their great season. Bitter?

Motion
12-03-2006, 11:15 PM

Wouldn't expect you to understand what its like for a coach to do what ever he can to support his team. You can call it whatever you want, doesn't mean much.

kpcane
12-03-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm not following this. Why should someone dislike Meyer for saying what he did??? Nothing wrong and 100% fine for him to speak as he wants. Urban gave plenty of credit to Michigan and their great season. Bitter?

Because you play your game on the field, not in the media. Meyer spent just as much time game planning as he did lobbying for a chance to move up in the polls. I hope we do get a playoff, now that guys like Urban Meyer are running top programs. I guarantee you, if he was as silent as Lloyd Carr was, Michigan would be playing for the NC.

Motion
12-03-2006, 11:16 PM

:yeahthat:

kpcane
12-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Wouldn't expect you to understand what its like for a coach to do what ever he can to support his team. You can call it whatever you want, doesn't mean much.

Get over yourself. Meyer doesn't care about his team, he cares about himself. He wants the glory.

Motion
12-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Because you play your game on the field, not in the media. Meyer spent just as much time game planning as he did lobbying for a chance to move up in the polls. I hope we do get a playoff, now that guys like Urban Meyer are running top programs. I guarantee you, if he was as silent as Lloyd Carr was, Michigan would be playing for the NC.

So going 12-1 with the hardest schedule in the nation and winning the SEC Championship had nothing to do with it? It was because Meyer voiced his opinion? Great theory.

Motion
12-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Get over yourself.
I could say the same to you. Don't be so bitter.

Meyer doesn't care about his team, he cares about himself. He wants the glory.

:lol: Completely clueless

kpcane
12-03-2006, 11:21 PM
So going 12-1 with the hardest schedule in the nation and winning the SEC Championship had nothing to do with it? It was because Meyer voiced his opinion? Great theory.

Yeah that's a great theory too. It took the nation to realize that Florida was better than Michigan, by beating Arkansas? Really?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Get over yourself. Meyer doesn't care about his team, he cares about himself. He wants the glory.
:sidelol:

kpcane
12-03-2006, 11:23 PM
I could say the same to you. Don't be so bitter.

:lol: Completely clueless

Please...I'm not bitter. UF is so irrelevant to me. Every time we play them we beat them, their academics aren't as good as ours, and they live in the sticks with serial killers.

I wish I knew Urban Meyer as well as you do! Apparently you don't know the first thing about human nature.

Motion
12-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Please...I'm not bitter. UF is so irrelevant to me. Every time we play them we beat them, their academics aren't as good as ours, and they live in the sticks with serial killers.

I wish I knew Urban Meyer as well as you do! Apparently you don't know the first thing about human nature.

:lol: Whatever you say champ.

kpcane
12-03-2006, 11:29 PM
:lol: Whatever you say champ.

Please...I prefer 5-time champ

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-03-2006, 11:30 PM
soon to be 1-time MPC Computers Bowl champ!

....maybe. :)

Timmy54
12-03-2006, 11:42 PM
your insane, coaches care about their kids and Meyer is all about his team doing well not him! stop bashing meyer cause he said what he thought that Michigan had their change and a SEC champs with only one lost should have a chance based on what the rest of the nation did. He also said that Michigan deserved a chance too and we should have some playoff system cause no matter what someone would get the shaft.

Mike13
12-03-2006, 11:51 PM

UF is very good academically, and you are just a bitter jealous UM fan and you are makes yourself look stupid.

Pocoloco
12-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Please...I prefer 5-time champ

nice comeback! :evil:

finswin56
12-03-2006, 11:56 PM

You, sir, are full of class. Top notch class.

brech10
12-04-2006, 12:01 AM
First off...disclaimer...I'm an FSU alum and die-hard fan...

UF had a MUCH better body of work than Michigan and deserves to play in the national championship and it would be a crime to give Michigan another shot and OSU. That being said, I agree with Lou Hotlz (for the first time ever...someboby get that guy a bib)...Michigan has a gripe because all they did was lose to the top team in the country. But this is the ridiculous system we live with and being that we can't change it in the next few weeks, the national championship game should absolutely be OSU vs. UF.

AirFishOne
12-04-2006, 12:04 AM
lmfao @ the ducks having the second bowl game

oooooooooooh the sweetness

wow their tanted win agaisnt us got them a bowl game

I can still hear those hippies saying we will win the Pac-10 :sidelol:

What a joke!

Mike13
12-04-2006, 12:04 AM

UF had a MUCH better body of work than Michigan and deserves to play in the national championship and it would be a crime to give Michigan another shot and OSU. That being said, I agree with Lou Hotlz (for the first time ever...someboby get that guy a bib)...Michigan has a gripe because all they did was lose to the top team in the country. But this is the ridiculous system we live with and being that we can't change it in the next few weeks, the national championship game should absolutely be OSU vs. UF.

There is not a doubt in my mind that the BCS system should be done away with.

brandon1986
12-04-2006, 12:26 AM
i hate the bcs and needs to be scrapped florida deserved the right to play the championship game, so what urban meyer talked about how they deserved to play, it would not matter what he said if florida did not back it up and to talk about how he only cares about himself is an utterly idiotic statement

michigan had a chance to shut every coach up in the nation and they could not get it done, period they could have closed the whole debate but they got cocky expecting a rematch no matter what

michigan could not even win their division and the gators won their division with 12-1 record the only loss coming a highly criticized call where everyone said it was a pass

florida had to play a schedule with a .640+ winning percentage

Majpain
12-04-2006, 12:28 AM
http://www.conservativethinking.com/files/florida-gators.gif:yes:
I'm soo telling Brit.:wink::lol:

So Ohio St will play its 3rd number two of the season. Woooo I cant wait!!!

Jaydog57
12-04-2006, 12:55 AM

I wish I knew Urban Meyer as well as you do! Apparently you don't know the first thing about human nature.Dude, I was born and raised in Gainesville, and those murders happened the year I graduated from high school. One of the girls that was murdered, Christa Hoyt, was employed at my dad's office at the time she was killed. Canes fan or not, I'd hope you don't ever relate murders to a UF/Canes debate again, it has nothing to do with it AT ALL. It was a bad time, and we want to get past it. Thanks, and Go Canes :peace:

Crowder52
12-04-2006, 12:57 AM

Certainly doesn't seem that way.

Majpain
12-04-2006, 01:07 AM
lol, Hurricanes. What is a hurricane even doing in this thread? Should you create a computer science bowl thread?

305TillIDie
12-04-2006, 01:12 AM
lol, Hurricanes. What is a hurricane even doing in this thread? Should you create a computer science bowl thread?:lol:

hey, lay off my canes :tongue:

i wanted Florida to play OSU..Michigan had thier chance

I see OSU winning in a close one

Majpain
12-04-2006, 01:14 AM
hey, lay off my canes :tongue:

i wanted Florida to play OSU..Michigan had thier chance

I see OSU winning in a close one

:lol: sorry bout that. That guy started stuff in my Offical Ohio St thread thats why I said it :tongue:

I dont think UF will stop Ohio St's offense. I dont think UF even trust Leak as the starter.

Mike13
12-04-2006, 01:14 AM
:lol:

hey, lay off my canes

Its not you its those 2 whiny fans.

305TillIDie
12-04-2006, 01:18 AM
Its not you its those 2 whiny fans.yeah, i know..just having a lil fun :cooldude:

DBoston80
12-04-2006, 09:34 AM
:lol: sorry bout that. That guy started stuff in my Offical Ohio St thread thats why I said it :tongue:

I dont think UF will stop Ohio St's offense. I dont think UF even trust Leak as the starter.

Thats the guy who trolls from thread to thread about every other team and hates.never anything good to say all hating on OSU,Florida, and wherever else he can find a place.......

Someone give that kid a hug.

kpcane
12-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Thats the guy who trolls from thread to thread about every other team and hates.never anything good to say all hating on OSU,Florida, and wherever else he can find a place.......

Someone give that kid a hug.

You're serious aren't you? Look at this thread (not like it's different from any other) and look who started it...again.

kpcane
12-04-2006, 11:03 AM
soon to be 1-time MPC Computers Bowl champ!

....maybe. :)

Yeah I don't know if there's room in our trophy case for it.

kpcane
12-04-2006, 11:04 AM
you are just a bitter jealous UM fan and you are makes yourself look stupid.

Did you really just say that? :sidelol:

kpcane
12-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Certainly doesn't seem that way.

How so? Because I'm saying that a whiny coach is the reason they are going to the BCS title game?

Don't misunderstand me, I think UF is the #2 team in the country, but I thought that before they beat Arkansas (well I thought they should have been higher than Michigan). I just don't think it's cool that all of a sudden they jump Michigan after Meyer complains at every opportunity.

Agent51
12-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Well, congrats Gators fans, I'll be rootin for them in the game because I HATE OSU, lol. I wanted a Michigan rematch, but I'll settle for the Gators, as long as it wasn't OSU vs USC because I would have clawed my eyes out as I despise both of those teams as much as, if not more than, the NE Patriots and Tom Brady :lol:

Crowder52
12-04-2006, 11:16 AM
How so? Because I'm saying that a whiny coach is the reason they are going to the BCS title game?

Don't misunderstand me, I think UF is the #2 team in the country, but I thought that before they beat Arkansas (well I thought they should have been higher than Michigan). I just don't think it's cool that all of a sudden they jump Michigan after Meyer complains at every opportunity.

I was commenting on you saying UF was irrelevant to you. You sure spend a lot of time bashing the school and the coach in this thread, so obviously it matters to you one way or another.

Additionally, your comments on the Gainesville murders are downright disgusting.

DBoston80
12-04-2006, 11:24 AM

Ofcourse the coach is gonna lobby for his team to get the edge?? Enjoy your joke of a bowl and your search for the next Jimmy Johnson.

I heard Larry Shannon is a canidate:sidelol: My god that would be great!!!!!

By the way being a fan of the "U" and a program that almost abolished football period! You have ZERO merit to bring up any other teams off the field issues or problems in the community. The pot calling the kettle black indeed.

finswin56
12-04-2006, 11:25 AM

And it's a joke that you think the voters are so stupid that they relied on Urban Meyer to make up their minds.

Oboy
12-04-2006, 12:00 PM
I am excited about this game.

UM is a good team, but IMO you should not be in the National championship IF you lose your conference.

OSU surely has looked like the best team in the nation. I have no problem saying that. However, I am excited to see them playing another solid team and seeing how each really relates. Both programs have good to great coaches, it should be a good game! The time off should really help Florida rest some of their injuries. By game time, hopefully they will be 100%. (I just wish Thomas was not kicked off - to see how good this really could have been!)

Along with seeing Michigan against USC I really like Bowl time bc you get to see how other teams really equate to other teams in other conferences.

Mike13
12-05-2006, 01:27 AM
Did you really just say that? :sidelol:

I meant to say that you are making yourself look stupid.

Cut me some slack I was half asleep.

Majpain
12-05-2006, 02:07 AM
Pretty much sums it up

"Both Ohio State's and Florida's rosters are chock-full of premier athletes and senior quarterbacks who have experience in big games. Ohio State has the advantage in this matchup because its running game is much better than Florida's. Antonio Pittman has gained 1,171 yards and 13 touchdowns on the ground. The Buckeyes' backs will attempt to take some of the pressure off quarterback Troy Smith. That may be easier said than done; Florida boasts the nation's sixth-best rushing defense, holding opponents to less than 75 yards per game on average. Smith's mobility will help against Florida's pass-rush, which has been good all year. Smith should also look to put the ball in the air against Florida's weak secondary. Defensively, Ohio State has not faced the type of spread offense that Florida runs. The Buckeyes will have to work hard in space and cover the Gators' speedy receivers. Ohio State's defense has been stout all season and the offense continually steps up in big games.
-- Jim Donnan"

dlockz
12-05-2006, 03:37 AM

Division1 is a farce until they have a playoff.

HysterikiLL
12-05-2006, 03:40 AM
Pretty much sums it up

"Both Ohio State's and Florida's rosters are chock-full of premier athletes and senior quarterbacks who have experience in big games. Ohio State has the advantage in this matchup because its running game is much better than Florida's. Antonio Pittman has gained 1,171 yards and 13 touchdowns on the ground. The Buckeyes' backs will attempt to take some of the pressure off quarterback Troy Smith. That may be easier said than done; Florida boasts the nation's sixth-best rushing defense, holding opponents to less than 75 yards per game on average. Smith's mobility will help against Florida's pass-rush, which has been good all year. Smith should also look to put the ball in the air against Florida's weak secondary. Defensively, Ohio State has not faced the type of spread offense that Florida runs. The Buckeyes will have to work hard in space and cover the Gators' speedy receivers. Ohio State's defense has been stout all season and the offense continually steps up in big games.
-- Jim Donnan"

That sounds about right. OSU will be exposed to a type of defense they haven't seen much, but they showed against UM that they can adapt and have success against the best. I like Florida's speed in this game. IMO, if they can shut down Smith -- keep him in the pocket, and force OSU to play it up the middle, it'll become a game of inches and a defensive game. Even with Smith, Ginn Jr., Florida's defense has more athletes than OSU's offense.

Kev83
12-05-2006, 06:02 AM
I don't know what secondary Jim Donnan is talking about...but Reggie Nelson and Ryan Smith are pretty good. Maybe that's why Jim Donnan no longer coaches...poor evaluation.

Motion
12-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Pretty much sums it up

-- Jim Donnan"

I don't know what secondary Jim Donnan is talking about...but Reggie Nelson and Ryan Smith are pretty good. Maybe that's why Jim Donnan no longer coaches...poor evaluation.

Good overview except for that part. How can we have a weak secondary when we have the best safety in the nation?

Get Up And Go
12-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Pretty much sums it up

-- Jim Donnan"

HAHAHA weak secondary, throw some nelson's way. Eraser!!!!

Majpain
12-05-2006, 10:10 AM
HAHAHA weak secondary, throw some nelson's way. Eraser!!!!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-05-2006, 10:34 AM
i heard today that the only coach from the Big 10 to vote for Florida as #2 was Ron Zook.

thanks coach. :)

Timmy54
12-05-2006, 10:53 AM
i heard today that the only coach from the Big 10 to vote for Florida as #2 was Ron Zook.

Hey the Zooker knows!!!!

Crowder52
12-05-2006, 12:10 PM

He's voting for all his recruits.

Crowder52
12-05-2006, 12:19 PM

http://www.secsports.com

We have 1/2 of the 1st team All-SEC secondary on our team.

finswin56
12-05-2006, 12:22 PM

Good overview except for that part. How can we have a weak secondary when we have the best safety in the nation?To be fair, the secondary was definitely suspect early in the season. They have improved leaps and bounds though with the immegence of Ryan Smith.

Reggie Lewis is the vulnerable portion of the starting secondary, and our depth hasn't be very reliable IMO.

Crowder52
12-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Reggie Lewis scares me, as do the backups like McCollum.

Motion
12-05-2006, 12:38 PM
To be fair, the secondary was definitely suspect early in the season. They have improved leaps and bounds though with the immegence of Ryan Smith.

Reggie Lewis is the vulnerable portion of the starting secondary, and our depth hasn't be very reliable IMO.

True, our depth is definitely a concern.

Motion
12-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Stat of the day:

Ohio State is 0-7 all time vs. the SEC in Bowl games.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-05-2006, 12:52 PM
let's make it an even 8.

Real_Teal
12-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Stat of the day:

I love it; hopefully, they will be 0-8. They are 3-0 though at the BCS Fiesta Bowl site, if I recall they beat Kansas State, Notre Dame, and Miami there. Go Gators!

Cuban Dave 9
12-05-2006, 01:34 PM
I love it; hopefully, they will be 0-8. They are 3-0 though at the BCS Fiesta Bowl site, if I recall they beat Kansas State, Notre Dame, and Miami there. Go Gators!
Well, somethings got to give

Mike13
12-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Teddy Ginn, meet Reggie Nelson.

FLOUNDER
12-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Ohio State- 38

Florida - 17

DBoston80
12-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Ohio State- 38

Florida - 17

I said 31 but you may be right..

FLOUNDER
12-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Sorry florida homers on this board. But this game will in no way be close in my opinion

Majpain
12-05-2006, 06:48 PM
^ Well atleast someone can see that.

Crowder52
12-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Ohio State- 38

Florida - 17

Sorry florida homers on this board. But this game will in no way be close in my opinion

I understand that's your opinion. What I don't understand is your apparent need to repeat yourself over and over. These two posts were made within a half hour of each other and no one had even responded.

I would recommend picking up a hobby.

DBoston80
12-05-2006, 07:28 PM
I understand that's your opinion. What I don't understand is your apparent need to repeat yourself over and over. These two posts were made within a half hour of each other and no one had even responded.

I would recommend picking up a hobby.

like you dont do the same:rolleyes:

Crowder52
12-05-2006, 07:32 PM
like you dont do the same:rolleyes:

Actually, I have yet to predict the score of the game. Not sure what you're talking about.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Ohio St. is going to be on almost a 2 month lay-off before this game is even played. Pathetic!

DonShula84
12-05-2006, 07:53 PM
OSU's defense is overrated, UF wins by 6. :)

Though I'm a little torn on who I want to win this game.

Motion
12-05-2006, 11:39 PM

And opinions are like.............well you know.

I like the homer comment too by the way. Very accurate. :lol:

PHANTASTIC 13
12-05-2006, 11:52 PM
The Buckeyes are gonna roll in the desert....38-21 OHIO STATE!

PHANTASTIC 13
12-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Stat of the day:

Here is another stat of the day:

Ohio State is 4-0 in BCS games. :D

PHANTASTIC 13
12-06-2006, 12:34 AM
That sounds about right. OSU will be exposed to a type of defense they haven't seen much, but they showed against UM that they can adapt and have success against the best. I like Florida's speed in this game. IMO, if they can shut down Smith -- keep him in the pocket, and force OSU to play it up the middle, it'll become a game of inches and a defensive game. Even with Smith, Ginn Jr., Florida's defense has more athletes than OSU's offense.Florida's defense? What about Ohio State's defense, they played 13 games this year and only two teams managed to score more than 13 points on them...Michigan and Iowa and the Hawkeye game was a blow out. Gator fans are in for a rude awakening on January 8, the Buckeyes have it all...offense...defense and special teams. :D :cooldude:

FLOUNDER
12-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Im not going to lie to you guys. Im a WVU homer out the wazoo.. But i stick with my team through thick and thin

I hate teams such as Notre Dame, Pitt, Virgina Tech, ...etc... Not because they win all the time, but its just something you learn as a young kid to do. Because there your rivals. I have reasons for hating all of the above..89' ND beat us in the National Title game, pitt is our rival "backyard brawl" and Virginia tech was our rival before the moved to the ACC.

But i can honestly say that as much as i hate both teams, OSU will walk all over Florida...Thats my opinion as i've mentioned many times. I just think they have it all on offense defense and special teams. I know UF fans hate me because of my opinions. But im sure most of you hate WVU. So i guess we'll just hate to debate debate debate until the big game.

Good luck to both teams though reguardless of the outcome

PHANTASTIC 13
12-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Im not going to lie to you guys. Im a WVU homer out the wazoo.. But i stick with my team through thick and thin

I hate teams such as Notre Dame, Pitt, Virgina Tech, ...etc... Not because they win all the time, but its just something you learn as a young kid to do. Because there your rivals. I have reasons for hating all of the above..89' ND beat us in the National Title game, pitt is our rival "backyard brawl" and Virginia tech was our rival before the moved to the ACC.

But i can honestly say that as much as i hate both teams, OSU will walk all over Florida...Thats my opinion as i've mentioned many times. I just think they have it all on offense defense and special teams. I know UF fans hate me because of my opinions. But im sure most of you hate WVU. So i guess we'll just hate to debate debate debate until the big game.

Good luck to both teams though reguardless of the outcomeThanks for your unbiased opinion...you are just calling it the way you see it. Good Luck to the Mountaineers in their bowl game against Georgia Tech...it should be a good match up of offense vs. defense and I see West Virginia winning it 24-17.

Majpain
12-06-2006, 12:52 AM
I still dont see how Gators are going to stop the Ohio St offense. Ohio St probably has the biggest depth on offense. Ohio St has 3 talented RB's that will wear out the Gator defense. Troy Smith will pick apart the Gators.

Coral Reefer
12-06-2006, 12:56 AM
OSU's defense is overrated, UF wins by 6. :)

Though I'm a little torn on who I want to win this game.

So am I!

Can we root for a sinkhole to open up and swallow up both teams?

Crowder52
12-06-2006, 01:33 AM

Thanks for your third prediction in the last page and a half of the thread.

Majpain
12-06-2006, 01:36 AM
Has Florida been tested with a high powered offense this year?

DonShula84
12-06-2006, 01:41 AM
Has Florida been tested with a high powered offense this year?

All I know is that the Buckeyes were once and gave up 40 points...

Majpain
12-06-2006, 01:48 AM
All I know is that the Buckeyes were once and gave up 40 points... Does Florida have a Mike Hart RB? If not then Ohio St will be in great shape.

Amars
12-06-2006, 02:46 AM
OSU should win by 7. I think they are the best team in football. As long its a good game.

Motion
12-06-2006, 07:24 AM

Yeah I think we get the point.

Why the hell would Florida fans hate WVU? Don't flatter yourself, we don't even care about WVU. :lol:

We don't hate you we're just tired of you repeating yourself. :wink:

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Does Florida have a Mike Hart RB? If not then Ohio St will be in great shape.

no we have Percy Harvin that can be RB, WR, slot, or running the single wing.

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah I think we get the point.

Why the hell would Florida fans hate WVU? Don't flatter yourself, we don't even care about WVU. :lol:

We don't hate you we're just tired of you repeating yourself. :wink:

I actually LIKE WVU because they made Georgia look real bad in the Sugar Bowl last year, it is funny watching Georgia try to tackle air.:sidelol:

Motion
12-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Florida's defense? What about Ohio State's defense, they played 13 games this year and only two teams managed to score more than 13 points on them...Michigan and Iowa and the Hawkeye game was a blow out. Gator fans are in for a rude awakening on January 8, the Buckeyes have it all...offense...defense and special teams. :D :cooldude:

30th ranked SOS will do that for ya.

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 10:47 AM
I still dont see how Gators are going to stop the Ohio St offense. Ohio St probably has the biggest depth on offense. Ohio St has 3 talented RB's that will wear out the Gator defense. Troy Smith will pick apart the Gators.

Thats ok, i understand you guys in the Big 10 (with 11 teams??) dont get it. UF has a pretty good defense with team speed. We will be the first team you face that is faster than the players you line up with. Your o-line is bigger than our d-line, but our d-line has at least two NFL players on it and has stoped the run on everyone! As for the secondary, we are blazing fast so we should be able to keep up with your recievers and there is always the eraser back there to pick off one or two. I am not silly like OSU fans who disrespect a team before they see them, I know OSU has some talented players but I think your team might be in for a suprise with the amount of speed that will be on the feild that night.

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 10:48 AM

oops, there goes that great OSU defense theory!!!

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 10:49 AM

This game is at a new feild, it is at the Cards new home in Zona!!1

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Ohio State- 38

Florida - 17

your entitled to your opinion!! Hey you want to give me 20 points, i would take UF no problem. Your kidding yourself if you think these teams are that far apart! Not saying it will not be a blow out ONE WAY OR THE OTHER but both teams have very talented squads and it will come down to whos game plan works better that night!

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 11:05 AM

Go check how many points Texas has scored with Mccoy in this season..then apologize for being wrong.

And it was 39..

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 11:06 AM
oops, there goes that great OSU defense theory!!!

WRONG!!!:sidelol:

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 11:11 AM
The key to labaling a great defense great...is nad has always been points allowed......not sure what Florida's is but its not as good as ours.

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 11:13 AM
WRONG!!!:sidelol:

nice comeback, still doesnt hide the fact you gave up 39 to texas, how many did UM get, doesnt sound like shut down D to me!!! UF didnt give up that many points to anyone!

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 11:20 AM
For the season the Gators defense has technically allowed 175 points for an average of 13.5 a game. But when you exclude the possessions where an offensive turnover put the defense in an impossible position -- and it has happened more often than a national championship contender would expect -- the Gators are giving up just 8.4 points a game. That includes allowing six points to the Auburn Tigers, who beat the Gators with defensive scores, six points to Alabama and 10 points to LSU. -Miami Herald-

and sorry it was Michigan how put up 39, Texas put up 27.
With those powerful offenses like Bowling Green putting up 7 and Minny getting blanked, the OSU does have the better ppg average.

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 11:22 AM
nice comeback, still doesnt hide the fact you gave up 39 to texas, how many did UM get, doesnt sound like shut down D to me!!! UF didnt give up that many points to anyone!

..This is officially the post that proves my point of the intelligence UF fans have:sidelol:

Gave up 39 to Texas huh...should I just chalk this up to an uninformed homer?? How many did UM get..classic:lol:

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 11:33 AM
..This is officially the post that proves my point of the intelligence UF fans have:sidelol:

Gave up 39 to Texas huh...should I just chalk this up to an uninformed homer?? How many did UM get..classic:lol:

read the next post moron, it says correction it was 39 to UM, but ya did give up 27 to Texas, also there is the post to let you see the defensive numbers but your too scared to read that UF might actually have a football team out there in Jan. wow and you want to call us jerks.

Get Up And Go
12-06-2006, 11:33 AM

He corrected himself. Why don't ya read before you make a dick-ish comment.

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 11:36 AM
I also corrected my mistake before anyone else had to point it out. Nice job JERK

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 11:44 AM
I also corrected my mistake before anyone else had to point it out. Nice job JERK

Well my young scholar before you did I corrected you....guess I gotta do it again......Texas scored 7..not 27...Wow this guy has little to offer other than "Florida is great..were gonna bound OSU"

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 11:46 AM
read the next post moron, it says correction it was 39 to UM, but ya did give up 27 to Texas, also there is the post to let you see the defensive numbers but your too scared to read that UF might actually have a football team out there in Jan. wow and you want to call us jerks.

I didnt call anyone a jerk..your the one with thin skin getting upset because you dont know what your talking about..not me.

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Well my young scholar before you did I corrected you....guess I gotta do it again......Texas scored 7..not 27...Wow this guy has little to offer other than "Florida is great..were gonna bound OSU"

my mistake, I misread the espn stat site... your right, texas put up 7. also, nobody put 39 up on us my friend!!!

my question is, who said that "florida is great...were gonna bound OSU""???:sidelol:

what does that mean?? no idea. Unlike you, i have only claimed that i think both teams are really good, and that OSU hasnt seen a team with this much speed and that might be how UF wins the game.

Personal attacks not permitted and also have no respect for the team you guys meet next, I just hope your team feels the same way, I would love to see the gator chomp all night, well untill my arms fell off!!!!

TroySmith10
12-06-2006, 11:55 AM
my mistake, I misread the espn stat site... your right, texas put up 7. also, nobody put 39 up on us my friend!!!

I guarantee Ohio State outs up at least 39. Its gonna happen...

All this talk about how fast you are, and how we haven't seen a team like your is all crap....

Ohio State is gonna blow both your lines off the ball, we are just as fast, we have a better coach, and we actually have more than one guy with talent on offense....

no defense, regardless of the speed, can stop all of our weapons....and troy Smith uses all the weapons...... he doesn't HAVE to feed the ball to a Harvin because he has his pick of playmakers......

Its gonna be ugly......

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 11:56 AM
I didnt call anyone a jerk..your the one with thin skin getting upset because you dont know what your talking about..not me.

Personal attacks not permitted
by the way oh know it all, as i said on another post, you will not see Reggie Nelson covering Ginn, you will see him hit Ginn as he tried to catch a ball.

Motion
12-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Is it January 8th yet?

This is pathetic.

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 12:01 PM

my question is, who said that "florida is great...were gonna bound OSU""???:sidelol:

what does that mean?? no idea. Unlike you, i have only claimed that i think both teams are really good, and that OSU hasnt seen a team with this much speed and that might be how UF wins the game.

Yes YOU are a jerk, and also have no respect for the team you guys meet next, I just hope your team feels the same way, I would love to see the gator chomp all night, well untill my arms fell off!!!!

Im the one who was rooting for Florida to meet OSU after we beat Michigan?? Obviousely I dint think Florida is as good as OSU...but I also pointed out this game reminds me of the 02 game where WE were counted out by the media by everyone..and we won!!

Im not sure WHO said there is no way Florida can win and Troy Smith is not above a bad game?? Its my opinion that your gonna be at a huge disadvantage if Leak takes 80% of your snaps..I have a very low opinion of his talent....

And this whole "speed" comment you guys keep referring to will not be a factor..you dont have 1 guy on your team that can run with Ginn for 60 yards..thats a fact..we beat a better front seven in Michigan...Its hard to see ANY advantage you have on OSU offensively..So like I said your outmatched and the majority of people feel that way-hence you bing an 8 point dog........

But that doesnt mean you cant win...I mean look at that PR give you 7 points in the SEC title game..that changed the game!!

No facts can support a logical reason why you can win without huge mistakes by OSU....You guys have not faced an offense near like OSU's and a defense with a better scheme..why would I believe it wont take 3-4 TO's for you to beat us?? I have no reason not to believe that.

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Is it January 8th yet?

This is pathetic.

pathetic on my par right?? but not your counterpart..but hey he's a Florida fan he doesnt need any facts just to share your opinion.

WharfRat
12-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Who else wants points?

Everyone needs to chill out in here before people start getting banned

Motion
12-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Im the one who was rooting for Florida to meet OSU after we beat Michigan?? Obviousely I dint think Florida is as good as OSU...but I also pointed out this game reminds me of the 02 game where WE were counted out by the media by everyone..and we won!!

Im not sure WHO said there is no way Florida can win and Troy Smith is not above a bad game?? Its my opinion that your gonna be at a huge disadvantage if Leak takes 80% of your snaps..I have a very low opinion of his talent....

And this whole "speed" comment you guys keep referring to will not be a factor..you dont have 1 guy on your team that can run with Ginn for 60 yards..thats a fact..we beat a better front seven in Michigan...Its hard to see ANY advantage you have on OSU offensively..So like I said your outmatched and the majority of people feel that way-hence you bing an 8 point dog........

But that doesnt mean you cant win...I mean look at that PR give you 7 points in the SEC title game..that changed the game!!

No facts can support a logical reason why you can win without huge mistakes by OSU....You guys have not faced an offense near like OSU's and a defense with a better scheme..why would I believe it wont take 3-4 TO's for you to beat us?? I have no reason not to believe that.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Motion
12-06-2006, 12:12 PM
pathetic on my par right?? but not your counterpart..but hey he's a Florida fan he doesnt need any facts just to share your opinion.
Dude you seriously need to chill out. I'm not singling anyone out. Its pathetic that everyone is bickering like a bunch of little kids!

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Who else wants points?

Everyone needs to chill out in here before people start getting banned

Didnt see what post I got points for??

finswin56
12-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Dude you seriously need to chill out. I'm not singling anyone out. Its pathetic that everyone is bickering like a bunch of little kids!sigh. so true.

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 12:31 PM
I know, i am horrible, lol. I do want to appologize to the board for getting close to the line. As we all know, we can get excited and both sets of fans are pumped for this big game. I have been here long enough to know not to react to name calling from someone, i hope i did not offend anyone with my comments.

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 12:33 PM
I know, i am horrible, lol. I do want to appologize to the board for getting close to the line. As we all know, we can get excited and both sets of fans are pumped for this big game. I have been here long enough to know not to react to name calling from someone, i hope i did not offend anyone with my comments.

It doesnt really bother me....but if I react the same way... I know I'LL get banned..people got a quick ban finger when it comes to your boy DBOSTON80....being a Buckeye fan around here will put you to the mercy of the mods.

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 12:36 PM
I received points too, it doesnt matter who you are a fan of, here if you go over the line too often, it is goodbye and that is fair. I wanted to direct my appology to others on this site as they should not be subject to our name calling. You got me a bit out of line by your comments but it is my fault for following along.

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 12:40 PM
I received points too, it doesnt matter who you are a fan of, here if you go over the line too often, it is goodbye and that is fair. I wanted to direct my appology to others on this site as they should not be subject to our name calling. You got me a bit out of line by your comments but it is my fault for following along.

I never attacked anyone personally...but with me that rarely matters??

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 12:43 PM
i am not going to argue with you, i will not follow that path again. I will just simply point out that the mods felt you did, so you got the same points i did.

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 12:45 PM
i am not going to argue with you, i will not follow that path again. I will just simply point out that the mods felt you did, so you got the same points i did.

Still waiting for the reason I got points?? I never called you a moron idiot or anything like that..and I wouldnt..typical for me to somehow get points also..probobly some phantom thing like.."i provoked you" or some BS...I didnt do anything to merit getting points..except being a Buckeye fan and not a VIP member.:shakeno:

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 12:47 PM
just as a note, if you click on the points, it has the mods reason for them, when it happend, and when they expire. hope that helps.

Motion
12-06-2006, 12:50 PM
I honestly don't think it matters who your a fan of given the fact that the only two Mods I've ever seen in here are an OSU fan and a FSU fan. And VIP doesn't help either. :lol:

Majpain
12-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Thats ok, i understand you guys in the Big 10 (with 11 teams??) dont get it. UF has a pretty good defense with team speed. We will be the first team you face that is faster than the players you line up with. Your o-line is bigger than our d-line, but our d-line has at least two NFL players on it and has stoped the run on everyone! As for the secondary, we are blazing fast so we should be able to keep up with your recievers and there is always the eraser back there to pick off one or two. I am not silly like OSU fans who disrespect a team before they see them, I know OSU has some talented players but I think your team might be in for a suprise with the amount of speed that will be on the feild that night.

Ohio St is just as fast. Not on the D-line but in the secondary we are just as fast. I'm still wondering if Florida ACtually played a offense like Ohio St.

Motion
12-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Ohio St is just as fast. Not on the D-line but in the secondary we are just as fast. I'm still wondering if Florida ACtually played a offense like Ohio St.

LSU is probably the most comparable.

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 01:50 PM

no, neither team have faced teams silimar to the ones they will play in Jan. the thing that may help florida is they have played alot of good teams while OSU really only played Texas and UM along with the Big 10 schedule that alot of experts say is strong at the top but really falls off after the top two.

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 01:50 PM

LSU doesnt have a QB as good but the rest of their team is probably as good.

Oboy
12-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Still waiting for the reason I got points?? I never called you a moron idiot or anything like that..and I wouldnt..typical for me to somehow get points also..probobly some phantom thing like.."i provoked you" or some BS...I didnt do anything to merit getting points..except being a Buckeye fan and not a VIP member.:shakeno:
IF you don't agree with why you got the points, PM the mod who gave them to you and discuss. It may be a mistake!?

Disagreeing with a VIP is not against TOS, so I DOUBT that was a reason. Even being a Buckeye fan does not get you points. You had to break TOs somewhere or at least bent a TOS rule... Or the Mod made a mistake!?

Oboy
12-06-2006, 01:57 PM
I think LSU's D is probably a little better, but OSU's O is better... However, you can make some comparisons with the speed at the skill positions...

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 02:05 PM
I honestly don't think it matters who your a fan of given the fact that the only two Mods I've ever seen in here are an OSU fan and a FSU fan. And VIP doesn't help either. :lol:

There was an incident earlier in teh year about J.Allen where I got banned for " provoking other members" in wich one guy called me an idiot who was a VIP memeber and recieved nothing.....thats a case of double standards.....

My last warning was for saying Florida fans were "uninformed homers"....guys you may all hate me but how many of us have said things like that a hundred times over???

About 2 days ago UF FinKat called me a loser and said "idiot OSU fans"....gee I wonder if she got any sorta warning for that? i doubt it....

This is an awesome site but the flaw in favortisom is evident. We should all be held to the same standards IMO....

Cuban Dave 9
12-06-2006, 02:12 PM
There was an incident earlier in teh year about J.Allen where I got banned for " provoking other members" in wich one guy called me an idiot who was a VIP memeber and recieved nothing.....thats a case of double standards.....

My last warning was for saying Florida fans were "uninformed homers"....guys you may all hate me but how many of us have said things like that a hundred times over???

About 2 days ago UF FinKat called me a loser and said "idiot OSU fans"....gee I wonder if she got any sorta warning for that? i doubt it....

This is an awesome site but the flaw in favortisom is evident. We should all be held to the same standards IMO....
"Can't we all just get along"

Cuban Dave 9
12-06-2006, 02:13 PM
So this is what happens when I sign on here late

Motion
12-06-2006, 02:42 PM

I don't know the details of any of these incidents, but I will say don't always assume the other person didn't get warning points. I think the mods do a good job here, especially considering some of the things that are said in the heat of the moment. And I can assure you from personal experience that VIP members are not exempt from warning points.

cnc66
12-06-2006, 02:50 PM
I don't know the details of any of these incidents, but I will say don't always assume the other person didn't get warning points. I think the mods do a good job here, especially considering some of the things that are said in the heat of the moment. And I can assure you from personal experience that VIP members are not exempt from warning points.

me too :goof:

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 02:55 PM
I did receive my points for the incident, to be fair

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-06-2006, 04:47 PM
i got a 40% warning right now. :wink: VIPers aren't exempt, and if anything, are held to a higher standard and are more prone to warnings.

DonShula84
12-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Go check how many points Texas has scored with Mccoy in this season..then apologize for being wrong.

And it was 39..

McCoy week 2 and week 8 are different animals. 39 I apologize, that is nowhere near 40.

lol, this thread got ugly.

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 06:44 PM
McCoy week 2 and week 8 are different animals. 39 I apologize, that is nowhere near 40.

lol, this thread got ugly.

He did pretty well in weeks 1 and 3 also...but I guess that doesnt matter either:rolleyes2

Enjoy that LSU game..:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

DonShula84
12-06-2006, 06:48 PM
He did pretty well in weeks 1 and 3 also...but I guess that doesnt matter either:rolleyes2

Enjoy that LSU game..:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

He played well against North Texas and Rice...that proves that he was the same player at the beginning of the year as later on? He also didnt do much in the first few games, especially the Rice game, he threw 8 passes. He was really lighting up college football...

cnc66
12-06-2006, 06:57 PM

you were both right... hahahahahaha :goof:

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 07:03 PM
He played well against North Texas and Rice...that proves that he was the same player at the beginning of the year as later on? He also didnt do much in the first few games, especially the Rice game, he threw 8 passes. He was really lighting up college football...

Yep okay so Texas's offense wasnt good until after we played them:rolleyes:

...that shows me you have an agenda when making your statements about OSU.."OSU has only played one good offense"....ok bud you keep believen that.

DonShula84
12-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Yep okay so Texas's offense wasnt good until after we played them:rolleyes:

...that shows me you have an agenda when making your statements about OSU.."OSU has only played one good offense"....ok bud you keep believen that.

You honestly think Colt and the Texas offense were as good at the beginning of the year as later on? A young QB is going to get better with experience, that's just how it is. You played one good offense, gave up 39 points, and played a young offense with potential and shut them down. Nothing in that tells me that your defense is going to shut down an experienced and talented UF offense like the OSU people are saying.

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 08:14 PM
You honestly think Colt and the Texas offense were as good at the beginning of the year as later on? A young QB is going to get better with experience, that's just how it is. You played one good offense, gave up 39 points, and played a young offense with potential and shut them down. Nothing in that tells me that your defense is going to shut down an experienced and talented UF offense like the OSU people are saying.

Do you honestly thing they were not even a "good offense" when we played them?? No you know better but then you have no arguement to back up your laughable comment.

Florida's offense is not very good by the way...

DonShula84
12-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Do you honestly thing they were not even a "good offense" when we played them?? No you know better but then you have no arguement to back up your laughable comment.

Florida's offense is not very good by the way...

I know they were good, not great, especially at that time. It isnt laughable at all to question the Bucks defense. They were exposed by Michigan, and managed to stop a young QB. If you want to pat yourself on the back for that go for it. But I look at what you've done and dont say UF has no chance.

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 08:24 PM
I know they were good, not great, especially at that time. It isnt laughable at all to question the Bucks defense. They were exposed by Michigan, and managed to stop a young QB. If you want to pat yourself on the back for that go for it. But I look at what you've done and dont say UF has no chance.

Nobody has said Florida doesnt have achance so save the "us against the world" bs.......

And to your pointI guess Michigan has a bad defense to because Ohio State put up 42....great logic:shakeno:

Look at what your offense did vs Michigan....and Im sure you believe ND's offense is better than OSU's so please give me a break.

DonShula84
12-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Nobody has said Florida doesnt have achance so save the "us against the world" bs.......

And to your pointI guess Michigan has a bad defense to because Ohio State put up 42....great logic:shakeno:

Look at what your offense did vs Michigan....and Im sure you believe ND's offense is better than OSU's so please give me a break.

:sidelol: look at the predictions and what people are saying. No one is giving UF a chance, take your head out of the sand.

No one mentioned ND in comparison to OSU but nice try putting words in my mouth.

I also never said OSU had a bad defense, but they arent perfect and what they've done against good teams shows you can score on them.

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 08:30 PM
:sidelol: look at the predictions and what people are saying. No one is giving UF a chance, take your head out of the sand.

No one mentioned ND in comparison to OSU but nice try putting words in my mouth.

I also never said OSU had a bad defense, but they arent perfect and what they've done against good teams shows you can score on them.

Breaking News: It is possible to score on the Buckeyes defense, also they have been proclaimed not perfect..

..and just because people are picking Ohio State doesnt mean Florida does not have a chance.

DonShula84
12-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Breaking News: It is possible to score on the Buckeyes defense, also they have been proclaimed not perfect..

..and just because people are picking Ohio State doesnt mean Florida does not have a chance.

You might want to tell the other Buckeye fans about that, it would appear to actually be breaking news to them.

And they are going beyond picking OSU, they are picking them and saying it wont be close. Expecting a blow out isnt really giving the other team much of a chance.

Crowder52
12-06-2006, 08:33 PM

Do you live in a cave?

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Do you live in a cave?

Who with ANY credability has said Florida has no chance?

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 08:38 PM
You might want to tell the other Buckeye fans about that, it would appear to actually be breaking news to them.

And they are going beyond picking OSU, they are picking them and saying it wont be close. Expecting a blow out isnt really giving the other team much of a chance.

If they both play at the highest possible level I think Ohio State wins by 14..thats my opinion and I have a perfect season to base it on......That doesnt mean things like TO's costly penalties etc cant change the game..Florida has achance to win but I feel it will take some mistakes by Ohio State for that too happen....So call it what u want to.

Cuban Dave 9
12-06-2006, 08:41 PM
If they both play at the highest possible level I think Ohio State wins by 14..thats my opinion and I have a perfect season to base it on......That doesnt mean things like TO's costly penalties etc cant change the game..Florida has achance to win but I feel it will take some mistakes by Ohio State for that too happen....So call it what u want to.
Perhaps a Phantom call in OT :lol:

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 08:48 PM

Youll NEVER see me degrade myself by blaming a football game on a call that DID happen....Im a man about my teams I dont cry like a schoolgirl...

No matter what happens the game WONT be decided on 1 incident or one call..no football game is and people who play or played know that..its just an excuse for loser fans to cop out:D

Marino2Clayton
12-06-2006, 09:53 PM
Youll NEVER see me degrade myself by blaming a football game on a call that DID happen....Im a man about my teams I dont cry like a schoolgirl...

Easy to say when you're the beneficiary of the call.

Crowder52
12-06-2006, 10:11 PM

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 10:16 PM
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Are you just kissing his --- or do you REALLY think that was funny:rolleyes:

Crowder52
12-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Are you just kissing his --- or do you REALLY think that was funny:rolleyes:

The pass interference call was a joke. Saw the replay just the other day on ESPN Classic. Highway robbery.

AirFishOne
12-06-2006, 11:57 PM
wow I had no idea Ohio State was THIS good. Thank you Jesus for letting the Pac 10 refs blow the game so we couldnt possibly sneak into the title game and getting blow out by such a mighty force!

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 12:00 AM
The pass interference call was a joke. Saw the replay just the other day on ESPN Classic. Highway robbery.

I have a blown up picture of the play in progress....

Gamble runs straight..the CB grabs his jersey (slows him down) then Chris goes up for the ball..

Defensive holding was likely the correct terminology..but make no mistake a foul was committed......the refs blew a few blatant calls that wouldve resulted in no OT to begin with, but Im sure nobody wants to say anything about that right:rolleyes:

AirFishOne
12-07-2006, 12:10 AM

Gamble runs straight..the CB grabs his jersey (slows him down) then Chris goes up for the ball..

Defensive holding was likely the correct terminology..but make no mistake a foul was committed......the refs blew a few blatant calls that wouldve resulted in no OT to begin with, but Im sure nobody wants to say anything about that right:rolleyes:

I agree with you, foul was on the D, however I think the thing that kills the Cane Faithful is that the flag was somewhat late, and the fans and team were alrdy charging the field, you get what im saying?

Crowder52
12-07-2006, 12:47 AM

Gee, there's a shocker. An Ohio St. fan thinks the penalty occurred. That's not predictable or anything.

I despise the Hurricanes, and I still think that it was a bogus call.

King Felix
12-07-2006, 01:01 AM
wow someone is going to get banned.............btw

go gators

HysterikiLL
12-07-2006, 01:22 AM
you guys talking about that damn fiesta bowl game in this thread? c'mon, lets move on.... florida will own osu and there'll be no excuses for this one.

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 08:05 AM
I agree with you, foul was on the D, however I think the thing that kills the Cane Faithful is that the flag was somewhat late, and the fans and team were alrdy charging the field, you get what im saying?

I agree totally...it was late, it was a nick nack call, but it WAS a foul..the better team that night won.

Timmy54
12-07-2006, 10:58 AM
I am not sure if a better team that night one. If you take that Miami team vs. OSU 10 times, i would say Miami wins it at least 8. It was a pretty big upset in my mind, and the mind of others but that is what is great about football, it is one game, no best of 7 series.

As for the BCS championship game, lets see if the gators can do what OSU did a couple of years ago. Seems kind of similar kind of game with OSU reversing roles as the favorite. hmmm

TroySmith10
12-07-2006, 11:29 AM
I am not sure if a better team that night one. If you take that Miami team vs. OSU 10 times, i would say Miami wins it at least 8. It was a pretty big upset in my mind, and the mind of others but that is what is great about football, it is one game, no best of 7 series.

As for the BCS championship game, lets see if the gators can do what OSU did a couple of years ago. Seems kind of similar kind of game with OSU reversing roles as the favorite. hmmm

I don't know about that...... Miami had a flashy team, but Ohio State was a tough team with a great running game, great special teams, a great punters and kicker, and the best defense in the nation..... We had guys like AJ Hawk covering kicks on special teams.... the depth on that team was insane.

Florida isn't really like that this year.... they have a very good D, but they don't have anywhere near the ball control running game, punting, or kicking that Ohio State of 2002 did. Ohio State won more than a few games because of Mike Nugent..... Florida can't have any faith in thier kicker, who is one of the worst in D 1....... 30% Fg's is not how you win close games.....

While the "High Powered Team vs. the Underdog" is there, thats about where it ends with comparisons to 2002....Flroida really isn't like that team .

Florida has won alot of games with special teams, but they rely on mess-ups from the other team.... something Ohio State isn't really known for.

Flroida also has trouble covering kickoffs for some reason (strange since they make ST's plays alot)... which could lead to trouble considering Ted Ginn and Anthony Gonzolez can bring it back for 6 at any time.

Motion
12-07-2006, 11:33 AM
Flroida also has trouble covering kickoffs for some reason (strange since they make ST's plays alot)... which could lead to trouble considering Ted Ginn and Anthony Gonzolez can bring it back for 6 at any time.

Really? Thats news to me. I've watched every game this year. Our kick coverage team is solid.

Stitches
12-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Really? Thats news to me. I've watched every game this year. Our kick coverage team is solid.

Yea, all the Florida games I have seen(at least 5), both coverage units are really quite good.

TroySmith10
12-07-2006, 11:54 AM

Its not the best..... slightly worse than Ohio State... but considering your team has been pretty dependent on Special Teams to win some games I would think that the fundamentals of special teams.... i.e. Punting, Kciking Field Goals, and covering kicks..... would be excellent.

finswin56
12-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Its not the best..... slightly worse than Ohio State... but considering your team has been pretty dependent on Special Teams to win some games I would think that the fundamentals of special teams.... i.e. Punting, Kciking Field Goals, and covering kicks..... would be excellent.So, then you don't stand by your previous statement :hmmm:

Flroida also has trouble covering kickoffs for some reason

TroySmith10
12-07-2006, 12:01 PM
So, then you don't stand by your previous statement :hmmm:

I don't think our coverage has been very good this year..... and ours is better than yours.......

And like I said, with all the plays you make on ST's.... I would think you'ed be among the leagues best.

Perhaps I worded it wrong.... how about "Not as good as I'd have thought"

Now...what about the rest of that post....?

finswin56
12-07-2006, 12:25 PM
I don't think our coverage has been very good this year..... and ours is better than yours.......

And like I said, with all the plays you make on ST's.... I would think you'ed be among the leagues best.

I'll be honest, I didn't follow OSU much in '02, so I won't compare the teams. I'll just stop at the situations being similar.

Our kick off coverage hasn't been a concern this year, at all to me. The only knock I could see on that would be the leg strenght of our kicker. He gets very few touchbacks, thus we impliment that high hanging kick that is usally received around the 15-20. The coverage on that kick has been just fine though.

I don't agree on "relying on other teams' mess-ups" in regards to our ST either. You just don't block that many kicks in a year with being able to force mistakes.

There's no comparison with Nugent and our kicker. Heitland is dreadful.

I do think you're underestimating our punt return ability also. Brandon Jacobs should have at least 3 returns for TD's this year. He's several called back and two were absolutely horrible calls. The Tennesse game was a pathetic phantom call, and another in the Auburn game.

Cuban Dave 9
12-07-2006, 12:27 PM

How do you figure?

Stitches
12-07-2006, 12:30 PM
How do you figure?

He needs no concrete reasons, his team is the buckeyes, your's isn't.

TroySmith10
12-07-2006, 12:38 PM
How do you figure?

Because your average is 18.63 yards per kickoff and ours is 18.29 yards per kickoff.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-07-2006, 01:03 PM
pretty huge difference there.

TroySmith10
12-07-2006, 01:15 PM
pretty huge difference there.

didn't say it was..... just said that I didn't think our coverage was very good, and Floridas is worse.....

Now, if:
He gets very few touchbacks, thus we impliment that high hanging kick that is usally received around the 15-20. The coverage on that kick has been just fine though.

And you're average return is 18 yards, that could cause a problem.

Oboy
12-07-2006, 02:19 PM
I'll be honest, I didn't follow OSU much in '02, so I won't compare the teams. I'll just stop at the situations being similar.

Our kick off coverage hasn't been a concern this year, at all to me. The only knock I could see on that would be the leg strenght of our kicker. He gets very few touchbacks, thus we impliment that high hanging kick that is usally received around the 15-20. The coverage on that kick has been just fine though.

I don't agree on "relying on other teams' mess-ups" in regards to our ST either. You just don't block that many kicks in a year with being able to force mistakes.

There's no comparison with Nugent and our kicker. Heitland is dreadful.

I do think you're underestimating our punt return ability also. Brandon Jacobs should have at least 3 returns for TD's this year. He's several called back and two were absolutely horrible calls. The Tennesse game was a pathetic phantom call, and another in the Auburn game.I thought the one in the Georgia game was the worst...

finswin56
12-07-2006, 02:29 PM
I thought the one in the Georgia game was the worst...Yeah, that's the third one, I couldn't remember when it was. I still think the Tennessee was the worst, though.

Timmy54
12-07-2006, 02:38 PM
a question for the osu fans, is there anything about the florida team you think is good. You say our special teams is horrible (we do have a garbage kicker but the rest of the unit is top notch-blocking kicks-changing feild position), out defense is good but not great (we are top five in the nation i would say that is boardering on really good if not great) and you say our offense wont score on your D. Just so we got this straight, you basically give you no chance and predict a 56-0 game, am i wrong??
Good lord, get over yourselfs, you do realize we went 12-1 not by accident. I am not saying we are not the underdog but come on!

Majpain
12-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Can you compare

Michigans Leon Hall to Floridas Reggie Nelson?

Stitches
12-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Can you compare

Michigans Leon Hall to Floridas Reggie Nelson?

No, one is a hard hitting Safety, one is a cover corner.

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 02:54 PM
a question for the osu fans, is there anything about the florida team you think is good. You say our special teams is horrible (we do have a garbage kicker but the rest of the unit is top notch-blocking kicks-changing feild position), out defense is good but not great (we are top five in the nation i would say that is boardering on really good if not great) and you say our offense wont score on your D. Just so we got this straight, you basically give you no chance and predict a 56-0 game, am i wrong??
Good lord, get over yourselfs, you do realize we went 12-1 not by accident. I am not saying we are not the underdog but come on!

Ofcourse you have a chance...but i feel you will need mistakes by OSU and then the ability to capitalize on them to win.

I love how you guys are playing this "us against the world" "nobody gave us a chance" BS...that only works on players not fans. If you win it wont even be close to the biggest upset of THIS season so save the dramatics and enjoy the game.

Crowder52
12-07-2006, 02:57 PM
Gator fans...it's us against the world. No one is giving us a shot in this game.

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Gator fans...it's us against the world. No one is giving us a shot in this game.

You guys act like if you win there gonna make a movie out of it or something:sidelol: :sidelol:

Timmy54
12-07-2006, 03:04 PM
No, one is a hard hitting Safety, one is a cover corner.

correct

Timmy54
12-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Ofcourse you have a chance...but i feel you will need mistakes by OSU and then the ability to capitalize on them to win.

I love how you guys are playing this "us against the world" "nobody gave us a chance" BS...that only works on players not fans. If you win it wont even be close to the biggest upset of THIS season so save the dramatics and enjoy the game.

It is us against the world, thats the way we like it. it does also work for the fans, we get antsy, angry, and cheer more!! It looks like gator nation will have a good following there with almost all the alotted tickets already sold. You are right, it will not be the biggest upset this season but the way some of your fellow fans talk it might be, lol

Timmy54
12-07-2006, 03:07 PM
You guys act like if you win there gonna make a movie out of it or something:sidelol: :sidelol:

I would watch it!!!!:cooldude:

Cuban Dave 9
12-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Actually SI makes a movie about champions all the time...might not be the kind of movie you are talking about but it should say University of Florida National Champions...I have the basketball version of UF and the Miami Heat version

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Actually SI makes a movie about champions all the time...might not be the kind of movie you are talking about but it should say University of Florida National Champions...I have the basketball version of UF and the Miami Heat version

Dont hold your breath Cuban Dave...there wont be any muffed punts for 7 for you guys in THIS championship game:wink:

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 03:18 PM
It is us against the world, thats the way we like it. it does also work for the fans, we get antsy, angry, and cheer more!! It looks like gator nation will have a good following there with almost all the alotted tickets already sold. You are right, it will not be the biggest upset this season but the way some of your fellow fans talk it might be, lol

good luck putting more gators in the seats than Buckeyes...we own that state, infact Im considering looking into a time share in Arizona...we flood the streets with scarlet and gray everywhere we go.

Stitches
12-07-2006, 03:23 PM
good luck putting more gators in the seats than Buckeyes...we own that state, infact Im considering looking into a time share in Arizona...we flood the streets with scarlet and gray everywhere we go.

Like every big college school does that. Have you seen the impact Clemson fans have on economies when they go to thier bowl games? And they aren't even one of the bigger schools.

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Like every big college school does that. Have you seen the impact Clemson fans have on economies when they go to thier bowl games? And they aren't even one of the bigger schools.

Our fan base has dominated the Bowl attendance's....this year will be no different.

Stitches
12-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Our fan base has dominated the Bowl attendance's....this year will be no different.

But you act like no other schools travel well at all.

PS: Good luck with your time share. I'm sure it will be a very prudent investment.

Motion
12-07-2006, 03:30 PM

No other schools do anything well apparently, haven't you caught on yet?

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 03:31 PM

No..all I said was OSU travels better than anyone....I cant get much more clearer...you people sure love putting words in other posters mouth...

Stitches
12-07-2006, 03:32 PM
No other schools do anything well apparently, haven't you caught on yet?

I guess not.

Wouldn't it be funny though if I got my wish though about the end of the season. It involves only one team finishing the season undefeated. I'll let you take a stab as to which team I want to win. :wink:

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 03:32 PM

have you considered moving out of state???

Stitches
12-07-2006, 03:33 PM
No..all I said was OSU travels better than anyone....I cant get much more clearer...you people sure love putting words in other posters mouth...

I didn't put words in your mouth, especially when I said "act." The tone of your posts clearly show you look down on anyone and everything that isn't Ohio State football.

Stitches
12-07-2006, 03:34 PM
have you considered moving out of state???

I plan on going whever jobs are available when I graduate, chances are that will be out of state.

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 03:34 PM
I didn't put words in your mouth, especially when I said "act." The tone of your posts clearly show you look down on anyone and everything that isn't Ohio State football.

:rolleyes: ..did this guy just say "tone"......wow! hopefully Akron doesnt charge much for the poduct they are putting out....

Motion
12-07-2006, 03:35 PM
The tone of your posts clearly show you look down on anyone and everything that isn't Ohio State football.
Truer words have never been spoken.

:rolleyes: ..did this guy just say "tone"......wow! hopefully Akron doesnt charge much for the poduct they are putting out....

Case in point.

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 03:36 PM
I plan on going whever jobs are available when I graduate, chances are that will be out of state.

Tragic loss for the state of Ohio......maybe a job offer will come up..I dont know maybe in gainsville or something?

Stitches
12-07-2006, 03:36 PM

They don't. Family ticket packages start at around $80 I believe.

Stitches
12-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Tragic loss for the state of Ohio......maybe a job offer will come up..I dont know maybe in gainsville or something?

That'd be nice, because I would love to go to a home fins game, but I think the heat might get to me, as well as the lack of snow.

Motion
12-07-2006, 03:38 PM

Stitches isn't a Gators fan

Stitches
12-07-2006, 03:38 PM

I don't think he realizes that.

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 03:39 PM

I think stitches is a "whoever is playing Ohio State fan"....

Cuban Dave 9
12-07-2006, 03:41 PM
And you are a "It doesn't matter who plays Ohio State" fan :tongue:

Majpain
12-07-2006, 03:42 PM

He is a Niddy Lion fan :sidelol:

Motion
12-07-2006, 03:42 PM
With no influence by their fans I'm sure......

He is a Niddy Lion fan :sidelol:
:hmmm: Thats funny?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-07-2006, 03:46 PM
probably the funniest thing a buckeye fan has ever said.

hey--check this out: Ohio State DUMBeyes. :rofl:

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 03:47 PM
And you are a "It doesn't matter who plays Ohio State" fan :tongue:

Your right..there isnt a team in the nation I feel can beat us..why would I?

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 03:48 PM
probably the funniest thing a buckeye fan has ever said.

hey--check this out: Ohio State DUMBeyes. :rofl:

Oh wow....youll get some sympathy laughs Im sure but trust me thats not very funny..kinda like a kindergarten comment.

Stitches
12-07-2006, 03:50 PM

Because you haven't played Boise State yet. :sidelol:

Cuban Dave 9
12-07-2006, 03:51 PM
In all humbleness, Ohio State is the better team...

...on paper

Real_Teal
12-07-2006, 03:55 PM
With no influence by their fans I'm sure......

:hmmm: Thats funny?

These OSU fans are really getting me to hate their program. They have recently invaded some of the other Gator boards that I post on and talk a lot of smack. In addition, they are coming out of the woodwork in Jacksonville and talking a lot as well. Most of them though around here may be bandwagon fans who have given up on the Noles and Canes:lol:

Stitches
12-07-2006, 04:02 PM
These OSU fans are really getting me to hate their program. They have recently invaded some of the other Gator boards that I post on and talk a lot of smack. In addition, they are coming out of the woodwork in Jacksonville and talking a lot as well. Most of them though around here may be bandwagon fans who have given up on the Noles and Canes:lol:

Welcome to my world.

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 04:04 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (javascript:imgClick('an_violin'))

Timmy54
12-07-2006, 04:24 PM

never said we would put more in that you, you need to read what people say, i said we would have a good showing, it is after all on the other side of the country for us and our semester does start that day!!

Timmy54
12-07-2006, 04:25 PM

pot calling kettel, pot calling kettel.....dinner is on!!!:shakeno:

Timmy54
12-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Truer words have never been spoken.

Case in point.

Timmy54
12-07-2006, 04:29 PM

Why would you look at the fact that every team in history has weaknesses, someteams do make it out undefeated but dont kid your self thinking this is the best team ever!!

Timmy54
12-07-2006, 04:29 PM

I will take the Dolphins in that match up!!!:dolphins: How about for all the money you will ever make!:sidelol:

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 04:30 PM
never said we would put more in that you, you need to read what people say, i said we would have a good showing, it is after all on the other side of the country for us and our semester does start that day!!

Hopefully one of your classes this semester has to do geography...uh buddy Florida is closer to Glendale than Ohio:lol:

Timmy54
12-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Welcome to my world.

for the first time ever I have to not only agree with stitches but sympathies for him cause he lives in the middle of it.

I visited Bowling Green once and even there is was maddening!!

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 04:31 PM
I will take the Dolphins in that match up!!!:dolphins: How about for all the money you will ever make!:sidelol:

I think you and Finkat should go frab a bite to eat together..Im sure you would hit it off just fine.

Timmy54
12-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Hopefully one of your classes this semester has to do geography...uh buddy Florida is closer to Glendale than Ohio:lol:

Gainesville to Glendale AZ = 2046.37 miles

Columbus Ohio to Glendale AZ = 1919.23 miles

Yep we are closer :0wned:

I did not however realize it was that close! by the way, I work in a research lab at UF and also give classes on Laboratory Medicine to the Med School. OOPPs you messed up again.