PDA

View Full Version : "Michigan got Jobbed"

Majpain
12-04-2006, 01:59 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2685195

Your thoughts?

Amars
12-04-2006, 02:33 AM
Should of won the first time.

And that all I got to say about that.
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

DeathStar
12-04-2006, 02:58 AM
Should of won the first time.

And that all I got to say about that.
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/forrest_gump/tom_hanks/gump2.jpg

:yeahthat:

nyjunc
12-04-2006, 07:21 AM
The best thing they can say about Mich is they only lost by 3 at OSU. They beat overrated ND and Wisconsin and the rest of the sched was cake.

In that OSU game OSU was never in danger of losing. Mich never had a chance to tie or take the lead in the 4th qtr and OSU had 3 huge turnovers compared to NONE for Mich.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-04-2006, 09:18 AM
if your best argument is "but we had a better loss!" then i'm not gonna pay attention to ya.

Crowder52
12-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Well the comparison to Auburn is absurd, because they won every game and thus did everything possible to go to the title game. Michigan can't say that.

He says Florida played a tougher schedule, then brushes it aside like it doesn't matter and criticizes some of our lesser opponents.

Then he compares the losses. He says UF lost by 10, when they were down 3 with the ball on the last possession and fumbled a desperation lateral that got returned for a TD. Essentially they had the ball with a chance to win at the end of the game.

He says Michigan lost by 3, which is almost as deceptive. Michigan never had the ball in the 4th quarter with the chance to win, so the UF-Auburn game was closer than the Ohio St-Michigan game for anyone who actually watched them.

Overall I fail to see the injustice. If you think Michigan should have gone, that's fine. But don't make it out like they got robbed or something. It was a very narrow margin, and rightfully so.

DBoston80
12-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Michigan is the 2nd best team in the country...but figures lie and liars figure...they had there shot at the title and lost, bring the next victim on.

Crowder52
12-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Michigan is the 2nd best team in the country...but figures lie and liars figure...they had there shot at the title and lost, bring the next victim on.

I keep hearing they are the second best team in the country. What is this based on...a loss?

DeathStar
12-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Florida...2nd in the AP...2nd in the harris poll...2nd in the coaches poll...2nd in the BCS.

Florida is the 2nd best team in the country. case closed. stop with the michigan number two garbage.

nyjunc
12-04-2006, 10:26 AM
I keep hearing they are the second best team in the country. What is this based on...a loss?

I think it is based on needing a GL stand to beat mighty Ball State at home a few weeks ago.

jpcdolphan
12-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Once Michigan does it's annual bowl choke and loses by double digits to USC in the Rose, maybe this silly talk will finally end.

Congrats for losing only by 3 (after a garbage time TD) to Ohio State. Y'all are the still the same team that lost to Nebraska in the Alamo Bowl 12 months ago.

finswin56
12-04-2006, 11:29 AM
The loss comparison is also missing a huge element.
When UF lost to Auburn (never mind the margin, as it didn't represent the game just like the UM margin with OSU), it was at the end of 5 straight games for UF against Bowl teams.
Ask USC what it's like to play a stretch like that, oh yeah they lost at the end of a 4 game stretch, not 5.

DBoston80
12-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Why is it an issue?? it doesnt matter why or how you got in the game your there!!! Most people believe Michigan is the 2nd best team, why does that bother you?? They dont deserve a rematch thats why the human polls voted Florida 2nd....dont feel guilty about being the 3rd best team and playing in the NAt'l title game...Oklahoma didnt in 03 when they got pounded by Kansas St. then played LSU a month later.....

Enjoy your shot at the title and stop worrying about thinking your better than Michigan...

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-04-2006, 11:38 AM
:lol: there are 5 weeks before we trounce ohio state. we have to talk about SOMEthing.

Oboy
12-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Why is it an issue?? it doesnt matter why or how you got in the game your there!!! Most people believe Michigan is the 2nd best team, why does that bother you?? They dont deserve a rematch thats why the human polls voted Florida 2nd....dont feel guilty about being the 3rd best team and playing in the NAt'l title game...Oklahoma didnt in 03 when they got pounded by Kansas St. then played LSU a month later.....

Enjoy your shot at the title and stop worrying about thinking your better than Michigan...
Obviously not otherwise they would be #2 in the polls or BCS... Stop making up crap. JUST bc YOU believe they are #2 does NOT mean Everyone or "MOST people" agree with you. :shakeno:

Bumpus
12-04-2006, 11:40 AM
:confused:
Yeah, I don't see it either. Michigan is a very good team, but to say that they are a clear cut #2 ... I just don't get it.

DBoston80
12-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Obviously not otherwise they would be #2 in the polls or BCS... Stop making up crap. JUST bc YOU believe they are #2 does NOT mean Everyone or "MOST people" agree with you. :shakeno:

Like it or not you were voted no.2 to avoid an undeserving rematch for Michigan....If you dont believe that you dont have a real grip on reality..but hey I agree, I ve wanted to play Florida for a while.....something about pounding teams from the sunshine state just butters my muffin.

Cuban Dave 9
12-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Butters your muffin??? Must be an Ohio phrase

Crowder52
12-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Like it or not you were voted no.2 to avoid an undeserving rematch for Michigan....If you dont believe that you dont have a real grip on reality..but hey I agree, I ve wanted to play Florida for a while.....something about pounding teams from the sunshine state just butters my muffin.

Does the guy who lives next door butter your muffin too?

NJL52
12-04-2006, 12:04 PM

So, your arguement is completely opinion based and there is no reasonable evidence anywhere in the world that can support your claims. You stated no facts, just opinion, and you expect us to accept it as the bible....

Go away please.

That being said: This is why the BCS sucks. I'm not even sold on Ohio State being the best team in the nation. And to decide which 2 teams get to play out of a realy close top 3, it just doesn't work.

Bring on a playoff system.

DBoston80
12-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Does the guy who lives next door butter your muffin too?

bet some of your wives would:D ..On a more important note..I think even reasonable Florida fans can confess that thats EXACTLY why they did jump Michigan..to avoid a rematch.

Oboy
12-04-2006, 12:23 PM
So, your arguement is completely opinion based and there is no reasonable evidence anywhere in the world that can support your claims. You stated no facts, just opinion, and you expect us to accept it as the bible....

Go away please.

That being said: This is why the BCS sucks. I'm not even sold on Ohio State being the best team in the nation. And to decide which 2 teams get to play out of a realy close top 3, it just doesn't work.

Bring on a playoff system.
BING BING BING...

LOL, If it helps him sleep at night... then let him believe what he wants.

DBoston80
12-04-2006, 12:26 PM
BING BING BING...

LOL, If it helps him sleep at night... then let him believe what he wants.

You guys are the ones acting like your apologizing for playing??? Be happy....stop crying..you got over on the system good!!!

If you wanna prove you belong then keep it within a TD.

Cuban Dave 9
12-04-2006, 12:32 PM
You guys are the ones acting like your apologizing for playing??? Be happy....stop crying..you got over on the system good!!!

:confused:

Timmy54
12-04-2006, 01:26 PM

how are they number 2?? right now UF is, they are tied in the computer ranking and UF is ahead in both the coaches and the harris poll. come on, stop crying, we need to have a playoff because both teams deserve a chance but the people in charge felt UF deserved the chance just a bit more.

Timmy54
12-04-2006, 01:28 PM

obviously most of the people who matter think UF is the #2 team!

Timmy54
12-04-2006, 01:30 PM
bet some of your wives would:D ..On a more important note..I think even reasonable Florida fans can confess that thats EXACTLY why they did jump Michigan..to avoid a rematch.

wrong, if that were true, UF would not have won the computer poll, that is based on stats and thats it. There is no bias in the computer!! Stop being a big 10 homer and get ready for Urban

DBoston80
12-04-2006, 01:38 PM
wrong, if that were true, UF would not have won the computer poll, that is based on stats and thats it. There is no bias in the computer!! Stop being a big 10 homer and get ready for Urban

??? We wouldve had a greater chance to lose to Michigan than to florida..pray for turnovers and muffed punts troll!!!!!!

Get Up And Go
12-04-2006, 01:39 PM

Got over......Wrong. Michigan lost to Ohio State already. DONE!!

Gators-12-1
Conference Champ

Mich- 11-1
2nd in Big Ten

Who deserves it more......

Amars
12-04-2006, 02:33 PM

This is what I want to know. Who crowned them the 2nd best team?

Cuban Dave 9
12-04-2006, 02:35 PM
This is what I want to know. Who crowned them the 2nd best team?
Oh they are the 2nd best team...after Florida beats OSU

Oboy
12-04-2006, 02:38 PM

OK, so then where are your facts or proof that UM is #2? WHERE? You do not have any!!!!! So who is crying? Give me a break. We pointed out you just claimed that your opinion (no proof) is what "most people" believed. Get over it dude. UF is #2 in EVERY POLL so how is that what "most people" believe? You really have that hard of a time believing a team that beat a top 10 team on a neutral field can jump a team that has not played in a few weeks? Jumping a team that's biggest claim to fame is the point spread in a LOSS? Come on... seriously?

Timmy54
12-04-2006, 02:45 PM
:eek:

not really, cause i might take LSU to beat Michigan!!1:eek:

then they would be right about 12, :sidelol:

Majpain
12-04-2006, 02:58 PM
:lol: there are 5 weeks before we trounce ohio state. we have to talk about SOMEthing.

:lol:

Majpain
12-04-2006, 03:00 PM

How exactly is UF going to beat Ohio St? Paying the refs off wont help.

Motion
12-04-2006, 03:44 PM
How exactly is UF going to be Ohio St? Paying the refs off wont help.

:hmmm: Score more points would probably be the easiest way.

Timmy54
12-04-2006, 03:44 PM
lets see how does UF beat OSU

1. get Percy Harvin the ball in the open feild
2. Eliminate mistakes
3. Use the quick passing game to set up the deep ball
4. pressure troy smith.
5. Eliminate the run (UF is one of the best run defenses in the country)
6. Reggie Nelson doing what he does, ball hawking and creating a turn over.
7. Must make out Kicks
8. Win in the Kicking game (ie dont let Ginn have a chance).

that might work right there.

Majpain
12-04-2006, 03:50 PM

Didnt mean that! How is the defense going to contain Ohio St? Ohio St's defense will preasure Leak into mistakes.

Motion
12-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Didnt mean that!

:tongue:

How is the defense going to contain Ohio St?

Our defense has been top 5 all year, we are great against the run and have the best safety in the country.

Ohio St's defense will preasure Leak into mistakes.

Most likely.

Majpain
12-04-2006, 04:06 PM
:tongue:

Our defense has been top 5 all year, we are great against the run and have the best safety in the country.

Most likely.

Michigan had the number 1 run defense and look what happend. You do have the best Saftey. Too bad Ohio St had so many targets its going to be hard to cover them all.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-04-2006, 04:09 PM
michigan had the #1 rush defense because they played a bunch of crappy Big 10 teams.

Timmy54
12-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Your right, Uf shouldnt even show up for the game, we should just go ahead and give it to OSU, they are the Kings, how is UF going to score on that great D (ok not so great...see michigan game):sidelol: and how are they going to contain that great offense (ok they fall flat at times too....see illinois game):sidelol: . I really dont see HOW the gators could win. OSU could be Indy, or at least the dolphins:sidelol: . Does that feel better you OSU homer, go ahead and talk that way, you will saying what happened in Jan.!!!!!GO GATORS

brilon1
12-08-2006, 10:46 PM

I am not an Ohio State fan but I agree with you.Smith,Ginn and company will easily win by 10.UF better get ready to eat CROW.

Roman529
12-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Go cry with Tom Brady. waannhhhhhhh. :boohoo:

HysterikiLL
12-09-2006, 12:13 AM
I am not an Ohio State fan but I agree with you.Smith,Ginn and company will easily win by 10.UF better get ready to eat CROW.

I hope not. Florida is the the last chance. If they can't take this thing out, we'll be left for the next 8 months with a handful of OSU fans with heads so big they won't be able to get through the door.

TroySmith10
12-09-2006, 11:52 AM

DBoston80 = Truth

Crowder52
12-09-2006, 12:36 PM
DBoston80 = Truth

TroySmith10 = DBoston80

TroySmith10
12-09-2006, 01:04 PM
TroySmith10 = DBoston80

100% lies.

I'm nobody. Just the i huge fan of the scarlet and gray.

But for serial......I just figured there would be some Gator talk here....so i joined.

(que somebody quoting "I'm Nobody" only and saying "at least you're right about something")

finswin56
12-09-2006, 10:27 PM
TroySmith10 = DBoston80no
TroySmith10 = OSUDauby

cnc66
12-09-2006, 10:38 PM
100% lies.

I'm nobody. Just the i huge fan of the scarlet and gray.

But for serial......I just figured there would be some Gator talk here....so i joined.

(que somebody quoting "I'm Nobody" only and saying "at least you're right about something")

and that means???

PHANTASTIC 13
12-11-2006, 01:11 AM
:lol: there are 5 weeks before we trounce ohio state. we have to talk about SOMEthing.I hope you are around after the Buckeyes destroy the Gators and make some boots out of their carcass.

PHANTASTIC 13
12-11-2006, 01:14 AM
You might have a chance if you play the game on Play Station, in the real world the Buckeyes will romp....write it down!

Phinz420
12-11-2006, 02:41 AM
and that means???

He's super serial!

Excelsior!!!!

Motion
12-11-2006, 09:28 AM
You might have a chance if you play the game on Play Station, in the real world the Buckeyes will romp....write it down!
http://www.coachtressel.com/images/what_it_means.jpg

I've never heard that one before, good one!

djfresh47
12-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Nobody wanted to see a rematch which is the reason that it's OSU/Florida. I think OSU wins easily but it maybe a better thing for Michigain and Carr that they didn't get the rematch. If Carr lost again to Tressel I think he gets fired because he just can't beat him. It's hard to argue when this thread is loaded with SEC or OSU homers but nobody had a problem with USC playing OSU if they won out so I guess Florida should get an opportunity. If Michigain got the rematch and won what does that prove anyways? They were able to split with OSU? With the huge SEC bias on this site I think people forget that Michigain did beat Wisconsin who many believe is the best team not in the BCS and they beat Notre Dame. The Wolverines finished 2nd in the Big 11, but OSU finished 1st so saying that they weren't a conference champion is played out. Another factor in why their was not a rematch is that Michigain has not played and thus "out of sight out of mind."

Motion
12-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Nobody wanted to see a rematch which is the reason that it's OSU/Florida. I think OSU wins easily but it maybe a better thing for Michigain and Carr that they didn't get the rematch. If Carr lost again to Tressel I think he gets fired because he just can't beat him. It's hard to argue when this thread is loaded with SEC or OSU homers but nobody had a problem with USC playing OSU if they won out so I guess Florida should get an opportunity. If Michigain got the rematch and won what does that prove anyways? They were able to split with OSU? With the huge SEC bias on this site I think people forget that Michigain did beat Wisconsin who many believe is the best team not in the BCS and they beat Notre Dame. The Wolverines finished 2nd in the Big 11, but OSU finished 1st so saying that they weren't a conference champion is played out. Another factor in why their was not a rematch is that Michigain has not played and thus "out of sight out of mind."

I'm not forgetting that at all personally, but looking at their schedules its hard to tell exactly how good they really are. Wisconsin lost to the only good team they played and ND lost to both of the good teams they played. You can call it bias all you want, there are plenty of facts to support why Florida is there. 12-1 with the #1 ranked SOS being more than enough.

DeathStar
12-12-2006, 02:12 PM
bowling green
western illionois
san diego state
indiana
northwestern
minnesota
purdue
illinois
pennstate
iowa
buffalo

WOW, their wins were ****. :lol:

wisconsin wins.

djfresh47
12-12-2006, 02:53 PM
bowling green
western illionois
san diego state
indiana
northwestern
minnesota
purdue
illinois
pennstate
iowa
buffalo

WOW, their wins were ****. :lol:

wisconsin wins.

Somebody mentioned the polls as being factual so i'll go with that. Since that is being said to be the truth Wisconsin is the best team not in the BCS. So thus if the arguement is Florida is the 2nd best team in the country because of the polls, Wisconsin is the best team not in the BCS. They're ranked 6th in the harris poll, 7th in the bcs. Beat everybody except Michigain.

Motion
12-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Somebody mentioned the polls as being factual so i'll go with that. Since that is being said to be the truth Wisconsin is the best team not in the BCS. So thus if the arguement is Florida is the 2nd best team in the country because of the polls, Wisconsin is the best team not in the BCS. They're ranked 6th in the harris poll, 7th in the bcs. Beat everybody except Michigain.
My whole point, that "everybody" is actually nobody. If your whole argument as to why Michigan should be in the BCS title game is because they beat Wisconsin, who beat no one of any caliber themselves, than I fail to see your point. And I didn't say the polls were "factual", I said Florida being 12-1 with the #1 ranked SOS is a fact. To even debate this at this point is foolish, its over and done with. The bowls are set, deal with it.

djfresh47
12-12-2006, 04:07 PM
My whole point, that "everybody" is actually nobody. If your whole argument as to why Michigan should be in the BCS title game is because they beat Wisconsin, who beat no one of any caliber themselves, than I fail to see your point. And I didn't say the polls were "factual", I said Florida being 12-1 with the #1 ranked SOS is a fact. To even debate this at this point is foolish, its over and done with. The bowls are set, deal with it.

I was not commenting on your post. I had no problem with USC/OSU so I have no problem with OSU/UF. If I were to argue I would say that Michigain is the 2nd best team in the country and they should not be punished for ending their season early. It's always better to lose early as people saw with USC overtaking Michigain and then Florida going to #2 and I don't think that should matter. Although I also said that if their were a rematch that it would not prove anything even if Michigain won. The point that other teams should play tough out of conference schedules while SEC teams get a free pass is ridiculous IMO. The SEC is tough but their is a bias on this site, and in the general media that the gap between the SEC and other conferences is much bigger than it is. It is too hard to gauge this and the only logical way would be through bowl games in which the SEC has not been dominant.

Stitches
12-12-2006, 04:42 PM
I hope not. Florida is the the last chance. If they can't take this thing out, we'll be left for the next 8 months with a handful of OSU fans with heads so big they won't be able to get through the door.

I get that 12 months a year.

Timmy54
12-14-2006, 11:56 AM