PDA

View Full Version : saban maybe the problem? sorry to say?

SR 7
12-04-2006, 06:27 AM
you know what dissapointed me and made me sick to my stomach.

Saban said Miamis offense became TOO aggressive. WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT?!?! we lack that more then anything on the team. more then talented/real time players/age.

I dont call runnign screen plays wiht a line taht isnt made for screen plays or quick enough for it or 4 yard ROUTES when u need 10 yard routes Aggressive. I'm sorry, i love ssaban but after reading him say that, it started putting thoguht into my head taht he may be the reason for our PATHETIC offense.

DefensiveEnd#76
12-04-2006, 06:46 AM
He said that and he also said he has all the confidence in the world in Olindo Mare. :shakeno: . Olindo should've been cut weeks ago!!!

Kdawg954
12-04-2006, 06:49 AM
He said that and he also said he has all the confidence in the world in Olindo Mare. :shakeno: . Olindo should've been cut weeks ago!!!

Mannnn I really wish Olindo would just snap out of his funk man . . . he is a valuable kicker . . I have always liked his onside kick attempts (look at the Houston game) and he always is a leader in touchbacks . . . but man he is in a funk, one that he needs to snap out of . . . but its probably too late.

gunn34
12-04-2006, 06:50 AM
Maybe Saban doesn't get it after all.

SR 7
12-04-2006, 06:59 AM

im honeslty starting to feel that way.

Mare? confidence in him? he has missed 10 FG's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! almost 1 a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where does any sort of confidence come into play? he needs to get paid the league Min. so we can keep him for onside kicks and kick offs then draft a Kicker for FG's!

if not the case,

Cut mare tomarrow and cut Mularky and cut sabans tongue for saying the offense was too aggressive cuz all three combine for a pile of donkey doo.

CDNPHIN
12-04-2006, 07:02 AM
Mularkey,Mularkey,Mularkey...................Brutal, Let's a least start there.

Kdawg954
12-04-2006, 07:09 AM
Funny thing is . . . we played a good team and lost. Are we more upset with the team performance or more upset that we probably killed our playoff chances . . . because I'm feeling that u guys are mad at the latter part of the situation and if so . . . our playoff chances were over when we started 1-6 . . .guarantee if we were 8-3 (assume beating Houston, Bills and Pack), there wouldn't be all this fussing about today's performance, just concern . . . so Saban couldn't lead us to a 9 game winning streak . . . especially w/ his stud RB on the shelf w/ and injury. Stop crying u fairweather fans and show support for the team who has to play our rival Patriots next week.

PhinishLine
12-04-2006, 07:30 AM
Funny thing is . . . we played a good team and lost. Are we more upset with the team performance or more upset that we probably killed our playoff chances . . . because I'm feeling that u guys are mad at the latter part of the situation and if so . . . our playoff chances were over when we started 1-6 . . .guarantee if we were 8-3 (assume beating Houston, Bills and Pack), there wouldn't be all this fussing about today's performance, just concern . . . so Saban couldn't lead us to a 9 game winning streak . . . especially w/ his stud RB on the shelf w/ and injury. Stop crying u fairweather fans and show support for the team who has to play our rival Patriots next week.

Well said.

*does the patented Dolphin jump in the air bump celebration thingy with Kdawg*

cnc66
12-04-2006, 07:37 AM

never happen Kdawg...they hide like cowards until we lose and then show up like cockroaches

ItsOurTime32
12-04-2006, 07:40 AM
yep cus running the ball on 3rd and 4 and the longest pass attempt atempt was 25 yards is aggresive

did he forget what happened?

mularkey got scared because ronnie was out and had joey pass it 42 times

Mr. Day
12-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Hey, I don't like Saban either, but he did not throw two interceptions to end the half. I said it before and I'll say it again, Joey Harrington is a bum. The Dolphins have to stop bringing in hand me down quarterbacks. Draft and develop a quarterback pleeaasse.

dan13
12-04-2006, 07:49 AM
What do you honestly like for him to say? Our kicker is not worth a sh!!.

Rick 1966
12-04-2006, 08:02 AM
Stop crying u fairweather fans and show support for the team who has to play our rival Patriots next week.

Just for your edification, and so you don't make yourself sound foolish, a "fair-weather fan" is someone who only roots for a team when it's doing well, NOT someone who criticizes the team for mistakes it has made. :shakeno:

Ohio Fanatic
12-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Stop crying u fairweather fans and show support for the team who has to play our rival Patriots next week.

Well said Kdawg. All you babies need to zip it up, for a change.

We have been playing with a frakken back up QB for 8 weeks now.

If we had a kicker to bring in that could make more FG's than Mare AND (key) have kickoffs anywhere as close as Mare, then Saban would've considered it.

FinfanDuda
12-04-2006, 08:29 AM
After his miss last night, the announcers said that he had missed more field goals than any kicker in the NFL at this point. I would definately make him restructure at the end of the season, or tell him to leave.

SamTodd
12-04-2006, 08:53 AM
Whats saban suppose to do say he has almost no confidence in the world in his kicker publicly before the seasons even over??? Thats not saban, so get over it. Olindo will be gone after this season and if he isn't then say something. to the people saying Saban doesn't get it... WTF? Saban wasn't out on the field throwing INT's, or busting coverage giving up td's...

We played a really good team, and lost, get over it.

FinaticalOne
12-04-2006, 08:56 AM
you know what dissapointed me and made me sick to my stomach.

Saban said Miamis offense became TOO aggressive. WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT?!?! we lack that more then anything on the team. more then talented/real time players/age.

I dont call runnign screen plays wiht a line taht isnt made for screen plays or quick enough for it or 4 yard ROUTES when u need 10 yard routes Aggressive. I'm sorry, i love ssaban but after reading him say that, it started putting thoguht into my head taht he may be the reason for our PATHETIC offense.

It's very obvious, he was talking about the pick in the endzone; and I agree with Saban 100%. We got careless with ball, and that is when everything started to go downhill for us. Instead of going up 10-3 or 14-3; we were down 7-10 after that pick; and 7-17 after the next pick on the following drive. We had the lead with eight minutes left in the half. 3rd and goal, we got careless and threw a pick in the endzone. Then on our next drive; down 7-10, when we were on our own 23 with 50 seconds left, we threw another costly pick.

We were too aggressive with the ball during these situations, and we got careless with the ball; resulting in a 14 point turnaround.

miamiron
12-04-2006, 09:22 AM
It's very obvious, he was talking about the pick in the endzone; and I agree with Saban 100%. We got careless with ball, and that is when everything started to go downhill for us. Instead of going up 10-3 or 14-3; we were down 7-10 after that pick; and 7-17 after the next pick on the following drive. We had the lead with eight minutes left in the half. 3rd and goal, we got careless and threw a pick in the endzone. Then on our next drive; down 7-10, when we were on our own 23 with 50 seconds left, we threw another costly pick.

We were too aggressive with the ball during these situations, and we got careless with the ball; resulting in a 14 point turnaround.

Please let me know but doesn't Saban hear what plays are being called and does he have the ability to change them before they are run??

PHINANALYST
12-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Not knocking Harrington, as he is what he is ....

But having to rely on him this week and next were VERY bad for the PHINS ... if Ronnie doesn't come back ... we won't win this coming week either --

The difference this week compared to the last 4-6 weeks is that the defense did not create any turnovers and essentially couldn't stop JAX ... outside of the DET game, the offense didn't really play much different than it has since Harrington took over outside of a limited running game.

Harrington is NOT a QB that is going to WIN games .... you can only hope that he doesn't LOSE them ....

I have said before and will say again, there is nothing to say that next years starting QB is even on our roster right now .... Harrington is just not going to get appreciably better ... and we won't know for a while Culpepper's fate ... its a very precarious situation -- and one that must frustrate Saban to no end !!

FinNasty
12-04-2006, 09:28 AM
im honeslty starting to feel that way.

Mare? confidence in him? he has missed 10 FG's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! almost 1 a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where does any sort of confidence come into play? he needs to get paid the league Min. so we can keep him for onside kicks and kick offs then draft a Kicker for FG's!

if not the case,

Cut mare tomarrow and cut Mularky and cut sabans tongue for saying the offense was too aggressive cuz all three combine for a pile of donkey doo.

What is he supposed to say... our kicker sucks? Do you really believe that he has 100% confidence in him? No. But he is better than whats available right now... and he isnt going to just rip our kicker publicly.

Kdawg954
12-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Just for your edification, and so you don't make yourself sound foolish, a "fair-weather fan" is someone who only roots for a team when it's doing well, NOT someone who criticizes the team for mistakes it has made. :shakeno:

Exactly my point . . . when the team does well . . u have guys who act as if they are the number one fans and love the Fins to death . . . when they lose . . . all I hear is how the team is no good and they don't care for the Fins . . . we got off to a bad start this season and that severly hurt our chances to do anything this year . . . expectations to win 9 games in a row were unrealistic and I don't see how just completely giving up on "our team" after one game is justifiable. Too much adversity with the injury problems and the type of team we were playing. We as Fin fans just gotta suck it up and hope the team plays a better game on Sunday . . . its a rivalry game and I for one am looking forward to kicking some Patriot ***.

Mogwai
12-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Meh. I dont like hearing that from Saban. I understand he must be frustrated that the few times we were aggressive Joey lost his mind, but as a whole we are so damn conservative. Seriously, Saban is possibly the most conservative coach in the league.

Also with Mare, Saban cant just pull a Parcells and cut him. That might be best for the team but Mare doesnt have the character issues that Vanderjagt has and he's spent his entire career with us. Saban pretty much has to support him for the rest of the year.

peeps
12-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Hey, I don't like Saban either, but he did not throw two interceptions to end the half. I said it before and I'll say it again, Joey Harrington is a bum. The Dolphins have to stop bringing in hand me down quarterbacks. Draft and develop a quarterback pleeaasse.

Wasn't that supposed to be Meuller's talent?

Shamboubou
12-04-2006, 09:49 AM

Exactly, and he is also talking about the fact they started to try and run deeper routes and make bigger plays, resulting in sacks. Joey wasn't getting the ball out as fast as normal because they were trying to make the big play downfield. They made one nice pass to Chambers, but this isn't a good team to try and establish your deep ball. Our O-Line struggles with D Lines that are fast, they have 2 fast guys outside and big guys up the middle. It just wasn't our day. If you take the 10 points we left on the board and add them to our score we would have been right there.

zonk4ever
12-04-2006, 10:07 AM
We need to be patient. Saban will right this ship. It takes time, 5,10, 15, 20 years we'll get there. Stop being negative.

Green Ranger
12-04-2006, 10:14 AM
We need to be patient. Saban will right this ship. It takes time, 5,10, 15, 20 years we'll get there. Stop being negative.

thats a REALLLLLLYY long time....

Kdawg954
12-04-2006, 10:17 AM
thats a REALLLLLLYY long time....

LOL its been what? 33 years . . .whats another 20. Hey maybe the bowl will be in Miami that year and we can still be the first team to win the bowl in their home stadium :wink:

Green Ranger
12-04-2006, 10:22 AM
LOL its been what? 33 years . . .whats another 20. Hey maybe the bowl will be in Miami that year and we can still be the first team to win the bowl in their home stadium :wink:

haha ill keep my fingers crossed...

brandon27
12-04-2006, 10:46 AM
yep cus running the ball on 3rd and 4 and the longest pass attempt atempt was 25 yards is aggresive

did he forget what happened?

mularkey got scared because ronnie was out and had joey pass it 42 times

Better question is... did YOU forget what happened... there was a 42(i think) hard completion to CC yesterday...

I dont believe for one second that Saban is the problem. Mularky.. yes... Sabans a defensive guy, no doubt about that.. Mularkey is supposed to be offensiveminded, thats why Saban put him there... but its just not working.

As for him "supporting" Mare... iim sure in the back of Nick's mind he's going.. "that lousy SOB missed another one" but in a press conference... good coaches dont come out and say.. "well our kicker flat out sucks... so does our QB... and oh... yeah, the LT... mcintosh he sucks too. thats why we lost. have a good day" You support your players... you dont trash them in the media. Same way players shouldnt trash their coaches in the media. If theres an internal problem, you keep it to yourself, or sort it out amongst yourselves. Saban saying he supports Mare, is simply a confidence builder. Same with him saying he supports Joey... or the o-line. confidence. not stupidity.

I cant see Nick as the problem. no way, no how... as of yet

brandon27
12-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Please let me know but doesn't Saban hear what plays are being called and does he have the ability to change them before they are run??

Even if he does, what does that say to the other coaches on your staff? It's a slap in the face and an insult to them. Thats why the co-ordinators are there... thats their job. you let them do it. you dont interfere. its a team effort. even in coaching.

PerfectFinz72
12-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Didnt hear what Saban said after the game, but weren't both interceptions "too agressive"? IMO, Joey forced two passes where we never should of. Not sure if thats what Saban meant, but those picks were bad and really killed the team.

phishfan4life
12-04-2006, 11:03 AM

Exactly!! I wish people would stop reading so much into what Saban says at PC's. I'm pretty sure Saban would like this offense to be a little more explosive, but I'm sure he definitely does not want to see turnovers due to the offense/QB getting too aggressive, as was the case with the 2 INT's in the 1st half.

phishfan4life
12-04-2006, 11:05 AM

Probably....but he does not have a Nintendo Wii controller to allow him to make passes for the QB.

adamprez2003
12-04-2006, 11:09 AM
I agree that the second pick was atrocious but the first is fine with me. Its a first half turnover and its one caused by aggression. Playing for field goals in the first half isnt going to do anything. We should be trying to for touchdowns and if our team is so fragile that it cant overcome a first half turnover then we got bigger problems. The second pick was just stupid. It was Eli Manning all over again. No chance at a completion and you basically gave them a gimme field goal which our defense turned into a gimme touchdown

PerfectFinz72
12-04-2006, 12:09 PM
I agree that the second pick was atrocious but the first is fine with me. Its a first half turnover and its one caused by aggression. Playing for field goals in the first half isnt going to do anything. We should be trying to for touchdowns and if our team is so fragile that it cant overcome a first half turnover then we got bigger problems. The second pick was just stupid. It was Eli Manning all over again. No chance at a completion and you basically gave them a gimme field goal which our defense turned into a gimme touchdown

10-3 or even 14-3 and kicking off to Jacksonville is a big difference compared to a turnover in the redzone with the score remaining 7-3. Say what you want from there....that changed the mo of the game and it never swung back in our favor.

Dtronic
12-04-2006, 12:14 PM

If we had a kicker to bring in that could make more FG's than Mare AND (key) have kickoffs anywhere as close as Mare, then Saban would've considered it.

Like the Cowboys did??????? Wait I forgot, they actually did something about poor kicker performance.

dominizzo
12-04-2006, 12:18 PM

agreee

byroan
12-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Before the loss, Saban was once again a savior. But now that the game is over with, he's the "problem". :rolleyes2

dominizzo
12-04-2006, 12:24 PM

yup

TalansTiger
12-04-2006, 12:26 PM

Couldn't have put it better myself. At the beginning of the season I would have scratched this game as a loss.

TampaFinsFan01
12-04-2006, 12:36 PM

Hmmmm....you don't say? :confused:

TampaFinsFan01
12-04-2006, 12:39 PM

:sidelol: Here we go again...Those of us with the most passion for this team are the fair weathered fans. Those of you who are content with sucking every year are the True Fans. Thats awesome, Kdawg.

Reality be damned....Kdawg has spoken.

tcdrover
12-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Nobody has mentioned it, but I think Chambers constant whining to the media is what screwed up our game plan along with Harrington's penchant for Ints...

We won last week with short, quick passes but Chambers cried anyways. I think they changed up the gameplan to keep him happy & it cost us the game.

TampaFinsFan01
12-04-2006, 12:44 PM
never happen Kdawg...they hide like cowards until we lose and then show up like cockroaches

CNC66...I haven't read your analysis on the game yesterday. I would also be curious to read your analysis of the State of the Fins so far into Saban's tenure. Since you are throwing around insults like "Coward and Cockroaches" I am sure your take would be full of courageous objectivity and strong timeless statements.

Seriously Mods..does this guy get to throw blanket insults around like this with no reproach?

I have no problem with him specificallycalling someone a coward or calling someone a cockroach, as long as the called out person can respond. But to generally call people cowards is the most cowardice chicken[poop] thing I can imagine. So what gives?

TampaFinsFan01
12-04-2006, 12:47 PM
What do you honestly like for him to say? Our kicker is not worth a sh!!.

Maybe he could courageously cut one of the most accurate kickers in the NFL and sign Martin Grammatica and MG could win a game for him...oh wait..that was Parcells...a PROVEN, HOF coach. We are stuck with some wannabe.

NYPhinFan
Hmmmm....you don't say? :confused:
Yeah...right..Saban does not get it. We as fans(including myself) have no idea..NONE what it takes to run and coach this team...let me re-phrase that...LESS than none. The idea that we as fans have a better way...better at personel decisions..better at coaching..better at calling plays..is LAUGHABLE. The truth of the matter is..quoting Jom Mora..We as Fans really have NO IDEA...we MIGHT think we do...but we don't...and we NEVER WILL!

PhinsRock
Mare has to go, but come on guys, we lost to a good team. So what? With our offense as bad as it has been all season, did you REALLY expect to win 9 in a row? No seriously, really?

TampaFinsFan01
12-04-2006, 12:48 PM

Exactly....like Grammatica. Well done Saban.

TampaFinsFan01
12-04-2006, 12:51 PM
After his miss last night, the announcers said that he had missed more field goals than any kicker in the NFL at this point. I would definately make him restructure at the end of the season, or tell him to leave.

Restructure? You would have him restructure? Oh, thats rich.

"We know you suck, and you miss more kicks than anyone...I tell you what, if you are going to miss way more kicks than anyone, we're going to have to cut your salary"......Is that how the conversation should go?

How about..."you miss another kick, jackass, and you're fired?" To me, thats a much more effective method of getting a kicker.

TampaFinsFan01
12-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Whats saban suppose to do say he has almost no confidence in the world in his kicker publicly before the seasons even over??? Thats not saban, so get over it. Olindo will be gone after this season and if he isn't then say something. to the people saying Saban doesn't get it... WTF? Saban wasn't out on the field throwing INT's, or busting coverage giving up td's...

Oh yes,,,this really good team that lost to Buffalo and the Texans...TWICE! A damn good team these Jags are....:lol:

Shamboubou
12-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Exactly....like Grammatica. Well done Saban.

Come on, are you serious. There is a reason that the guy hasn't been on a team the last 2 years as a starting kicker. Cut a guy that leads the league in touchbacks for a guy that hasn't been able to make a team in 2 years.

TampaFinsFan01
12-04-2006, 12:53 PM

That would require taking responsibility. Its better to let it go forward and then criticize after the fact.

TampaFinsFan01
12-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Exactly my point . . . when the team does well . . u have guys who act as if they are the number one fans and love the Fins to death . . . when they lose . . . all I hear is how the team is no good and they don't care for the Fins . . . we got off to a bad start this season and that severly hurt our chances to do anything this year . . . expectations to win 9 games in a row were unrealistic and I don't see how just completely giving up on "our team" after one game is justifiable. Too much adversity with the injury problems and the type of team we were playing. We as Fin fans just gotta suck it up and hope the team plays a better game on Sunday . . . its a rivalry game and I for one am looking forward to kicking some Patriot ***.

:lol: Rick, you wanna try again?

TampaFinsFan01
12-04-2006, 12:56 PM

Exactly. Everyone needs to chill out and sit back and relax and if we still haven't aren't in the playoffs in 10 years, then we can call for Saban's job.

Shamboubou
12-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Exactly. Everyone needs to chill out and sit back and relax and if we still haven't aren't in the playoffs in 10 years, then we can call for Saban's job.

So who's gonna come in and be a better coach? Your full of problems, but lets here an actual suggestion to fixing the problem. You wanna get rid of the head coach's job, but then what?

TampaFinsFan01
12-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Like the Cowboys did??????? Wait I forgot, they actually did something about poor kicker performance.

Dont go throwing facts into the debate, Dtronic.

emocomputerjock
12-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Oh yes,,,this really good team that lost to Buffalo and the Texans...TWICE! A damn good team these Jags are....:lol:

Damn those colts, losing to the Titans? Having a winning record in spite of it? Those Bears, getting blown out by the Dolphins? Oh, the Bears who clinched a playoff berth? Wait, the Colts, who are 10-2, and only missed clinching because there are a lot of teams playing great football in the AFC? What about the Jaguars, who are such a damn good team that they completely shut out the Jets, and are in a position to make the playoffs?

I know! The cure to all of their problems is to pick up a guy who hasn't played in over a year after cutting one of the most accurate kickers in NFL history! Playoffs here they come!

Wait...

TampaFinsFan01
12-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Before the loss, Saban was once again a savior. But now that the game is over with, he's the "problem". :rolleyes2

Who called him the savior before the game? Hes been, and will forever be, the savior to some on these boards. But he hasn't and will never be the savior to me.

SR 7
12-04-2006, 01:02 PM

woopdy DOO! now aall our problems are gone.
did you notice the part about "IF" we beat the packs bills and houston.
you know what that means right? we can't beat DECENT teams. so waht kind of a team do you call miami? a SB contendor? a playoff team? and "GOOD" team? or a rcappy team taht won 2 games SOLELY b/c of JT and bell and then after taht just caught a few breaks. just the way we won 6 in a row last year. only game taht was impressive was vs SD lsat year during that streak.

TampaFinsFan01
12-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Yeah...right..Saban does not get it. We as fans(including myself) have no idea..NONE what it takes to run and coach this team...let me re-phrase that...LESS than none. The idea that we as fans have a better way...better at personel decisions..better at coaching..better at calling plays..is LAUGHABLE. The truth of the matter is..quoting Jom Mora..We as Fans really have NO IDEA...we MIGHT think we do...but we don't...and we NEVER WILL!

Saban is saving this franchise from the single biggest threat it has faced in its history...I am talking, of course, about Man-Bear-Pig. Half man, half bear, and half pig. And I'm totally serial. :o

SR 7
12-04-2006, 01:05 PM

u missed the pont of the thread. we threw 4 yard routes adn saban said our Off was TOo aggressive.

that isn not the QB's fault, or anyone elses. just shows saban actually enjoys the mularky system of being a conservative wanny.

TampaFinsFan01
12-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Come on, are you serious. There is a reason that the guy hasn't been on a team the last 2 years as a starting kicker. Cut a guy that leads the league in touchbacks for a guy that hasn't been able to make a team in 2 years.

You don't watch much football do you, Shamboubou?

Well let me help you out here....There is a team in the NFC right now being mentioned after 12 weeks as probably the most complete team in the NFC and it changed QBs in week 7 or 8...it cut "the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL" and signed a new kicker...

You wanna guess who that kicker was? Marteeeen Grammatica. And guess who kicked a game winning 47 yarder vs the Giants yesterday? yep, you guessed it...the kicker who in your words "hasn't been able to make a team in 2 years."

emocomputerjock
12-04-2006, 01:08 PM
u missed the pont of the thread. we threw 4 yard routes adn saban said our Off was TOo aggressive.

that isn not the QB's fault, or anyone elses. just shows saban actually enjoys the mularky system of being a conservative wanny.

Regardless of the distance, trying to put the ball where it won't(or shouldn't) go is decidedly agressive. We tried to stretch the field as well, and that also hurt us behind a line that was playing nowhere near where it had the games prior with a quarterback that can't adjust to late-developing routes. We tried to create stuff instead of playing football, and in the end we lost the game.

SR 7
12-04-2006, 01:09 PM
What is he supposed to say... our kicker sucks? Do you really believe that he has 100% confidence in him? No. But he is better than whats available right now... and he isnt going to just rip our kicker publicly.

did i say rip him? NO! so dont put words in my mouth and try to make it seem like u put out a logically post. i said do waht balt did or parcells. ur telling me gramatica is better hten Vanderjact? (SP) if he was on our team and said lets cut him u woulda said the same thign no one out there is as good as vandy so why cut him? well waht happened? Gram went 3-4, made a game winner and sent a sign tothe team, u dont perform to ur "status", "type" of playe ru are, you are gone.

thats the point.

SR 7
12-04-2006, 01:10 PM

plz go check my history of posts. i have never acted in that fashion. i get BASHED for pointing out the NeGATIVES after a win adn they say, you aren't happy we got a W so shut up etc etc.

im not in denial. i look at reality and reality is our team has a lot of issues.

TampaFinsFan01
12-04-2006, 01:10 PM
So who's gonna come in and be a better coach? Your full of problems, but lets here an actual suggestion to fixing the problem. You wanna get rid of the head coach's job, but then what?

I think Huizenga should be the one to hire the new coach..but some suggestions would be Mike Zimmer, the Cowboys DC, Ken Whisenhut, the Steelers OC, maybe Jim Haslett, the Rams DC....There are options out there.

It should be someone from the NFL, not from college. Thats just my opinion. But WH hasn't ever called me for advice.

NYPhinFan
12-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Saban is saving this franchise from the single biggest threat it has faced in its history...I am talking, of course, about Man-Bear-Pig. Half man, half bear, and half pig. And I'm totally serial. :o
Thanks from saving me wasting anytime waiting for ANY interesting,intelligent knowledgeable football talk left in this thread:shakeno: :shakeno:

TampaFinsFan01
Damn those colts, losing to the Titans? Having a winning record in spite of it? Those Bears, getting blown out by the Dolphins? Oh, the Bears who clinched a playoff berth? Wait, the Colts, who are 10-2, and only missed clinching because there are a lot of teams playing great football in the AFC? What about the Jaguars, who are such a damn good team that they completely shut out the Jets, and are in a position to make the playoffs?

I know! The cure to all of their problems is to pick up a guy who hasn't played in over a year after cutting one of the most accurate kickers in NFL history! Playoffs here they come!

Wait...

The Bears aren't going to win a SB and neither are the Colts, unless they learn to tackle.

And for cutting a "historically accurate" FG kicker and replacing him with a mentally stable one worked out pretty well in Big D yesterday, didn't it?

SR 7
Exactly, and he is also talking about the fact they started to try and run deeper routes and make bigger plays, resulting in sacks. Joey wasn't getting the ball out as fast as normal because they were trying to make the big play downfield. They made one nice pass to Chambers, but this isn't a good team to try and establish your deep ball. Our O-Line struggles with D Lines that are fast, they have 2 fast guys outside and big guys up the middle. It just wasn't our day. If you take the 10 points we left on the board and add them to our score we would have been right there.

so waht does that tell u? our o line is **** and doesnt give our QB enough time to pass down field. its the NFL, almost evreyone on Def is fast. so thats a HUGE problem throughout every game not jsut Jax fast D line.

NYPhinFan
12-04-2006, 01:13 PM
I think Huizenga should be the one to hire the new coach..but some suggestions would be Mike Zimmer, the Cowboys DC, Ken Whisenhut, the Steelers OC, maybe Jim Haslett, the Rams DC....There are options out there.

It should be someone from the NFL, not from college. Thats just my opinion. But WH hasn't ever called me for advice.
Another reason I get on my knees and Thank God every single day!:lol: :lol:

SR 7
12-04-2006, 01:16 PM
:sidelol: Here we go again...Those of us with the most passion for this team are the fair weathered fans. Those of you who are content with sucking every year are the True Fans. Thats awesome, Kdawg.

Reality be damned....Kdawg has spoken.

very well said. no wonder out stadium is full of the no good 12th man on the field.

we got fans like this on the board taht dont expect anything then making excuses via denial. but those taht speak out and those taht speak the truth are the fake ones. get a life ppl.

Shamboubou
12-04-2006, 01:18 PM

Well let me help you out here....There is a team in the NFC right now being mentioned after 12 weeks as probably the most complete team in the NFC and it changed QBs in week 7 or 8...it cut "the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL" and signed a new kicker...

You wanna guess who that kicker was? Marteeeen Grammatica. And guess who kicked a game winning 47 yarder vs the Giants yesterday? yep, you guessed it...the kicker who in your words "hasn't been able to make a team in 2 years."

Whoopie, he made a field goal. He also missed one yesterday too. So really he should have never had to kick that field goal to win the game if he didn't miss earlier. Your logic is moronic, which is evident is all of your posts.

emocomputerjock
12-04-2006, 01:18 PM
The Bears aren't going to win a SB and neither are the Colts, unless they learn to tackle.

And for cutting a "historically accurate" FG kicker and replacing him with a mentally stable one worked out pretty well in Big D yesterday, didn't it?'

So then, what you're saying is that we should sign Pete Stoyanovich?

SR 7
12-04-2006, 01:20 PM
CNC66...I haven't read your analysis on the game yesterday. I would also be curious to read your analysis of the State of the Fins so far into Saban's tenure. Since you are throwing around insults like "Coward and Cockroaches" I am sure your take would be full of courageous objectivity and strong timeless statements.

Seriously Mods..does this guy get to throw blanket insults around like this with no reproach?

I have no problem with him specificallycalling someone a coward or calling someone a cockroach, as long as the called out person can respond. But to generally call people cowards is the most cowardice chicken[poop] thing I can imagine. So what gives?

exactly. why does he get a pass? b/c he writes articles or has 234234 posts? favoriticm always prevails in life, remember that. if i said anything along those lines i woulda been up in the % bar.

I have nothin against CN, never had an issue but to call ppl those names and not get into troubhle for it, then i do have a problem. I get a 30% boost for posting a thread and not in the game thread but the guy calls ppl names and gets no punishment. gee, reminds me a lot of wehre we live. worry about the light things and overshadow the severe ones.

SR 7
12-04-2006, 01:22 PM

you are right. maybe b/c he got injured? he was healing? was known to have healed very well during hte 1 year and a half off?

emocomputerjock
12-04-2006, 01:26 PM
you are right. maybe b/c he got injured? he was healing? was known to have healed very well during hte 1 year and a half off?

He was left on the table by 32 teams at the start of the season...

Parcells got lucky. Fact of the matter is, there's a lot more going wrong with the team than just Mare (though he is certainly contributing). We've gotta fix the OL, LB, and CB positions, as well as the QB one. Focusing on Saban's comments about Mare doesn't tell the whole story either. Let's just suck it up, come to our senses, get some of our young guys and rookies into the rotation, and see how the chips fall.

SR 7
12-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Regardless of the distance, trying to put the ball where it won't(or shouldn't) go is decidedly agressive. We tried to stretch the field as well, and that also hurt us behind a line that was playing nowhere near where it had the games prior with a quarterback that can't adjust to late-developing routes. We tried to create stuff instead of playing football, and in the end we lost the game.

tahts the problem. ppl chant abotu his QUICK release but his lack of vision and quick release without much patience comes out be INT's. when u dont see well and dotn wait put those 2 together and u get an INT b/c u dont see the play develope slowly and u throw it quickly assuming its already there. all his INT's have been the "waht on earth was taht for" int's. known as his bone headed ones.

SuperBowlin07
12-04-2006, 02:11 PM

Well put man.

hellsapoppin
12-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Funny thing is . . . we played a good team and lost. Are we more upset with the team performance or more upset that we probably killed our playoff chances . . . because I'm feeling that u guys are mad at the latter part of the situation and if so . . . our playoff chances were over when we started 1-6 . . .guarantee if we were 8-3 (assume beating Houston, Bills and Pack), there wouldn't be all this fussing about today's performance, just concern . . . so Saban couldn't lead us to a 9 game winning streak . . . especially w/ his stud RB on the shelf w/ and injury. Stop crying u fairweather fans and show support for the team who has to play our rival Patriots next week. Good Post.

jim1
12-04-2006, 02:32 PM

Spoken like a true man, we should all be as straightforward and macho as you, huh? Your mouth is as big as the has been in your avatar.

Shamboubou
12-04-2006, 02:58 PM

Yeah I'm sure that fact that he was 27 of 45 the previous two years had nothing to do with the fact he couldnt get on a team right?

Bonedoc7777
12-04-2006, 03:00 PM
we lost a game so what, we need to get a better roster and improve and that is all

DefensiveEnd#76
12-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Maybe Saban needs to publicly rip our kicker. Bill Parcells publicly calls players out and he then gets results.

phishfan4life
12-04-2006, 07:12 PM

So let me get this right....by reading this post I would guess that if Saban cut Mare today, signed Vanderjagt tomorrow, and Vanderjagt kicked the game winning 47 yard field goal against New England, Saban would be promoted to genius and Parcells would be demoted to moron? Let's get real.

Gramatica kicked 1 game winning field goal for the Cowboys...wooptydoo!!! That doesn't make Parcells a genius. He got lucky, plain and simple. They were also in a position to win the game with a field goal....something we weren't yesterday.

I understand your frustration with Mare....I'm frustrated too, but cutting him now, or last week would have done nothing for us, except give us a 24-13 loss yesterday.

And by getting him to restructure his contract, we can keep him as a kickoff specialist next year. Don't underestimate the kicking game....it's a very important aspect of special teams. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen, but we need to get a decent field goal kicker in here next year to compete for the job.

SR 7
12-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Yeah I'm sure that fact that he was 27 of 45 the previous two years had nothing to do with the fact he couldnt get on a team right?

once again, you missed the point. HE WAS INJURED AND PLAYED INJURED. did you forget he was known as automatic gramatica? b/c he was that good. he played very well for indy this year until Vinny came back and now he is playing good so far in 1 game for the cowboys. WHY on earth are you defending a man that is getting paid 1.5 million and is into modeling more then football and isnt performing like one.

SR 7
12-04-2006, 07:28 PM
So let me get this right....by reading this post I would guess that if Saban cut Mare today, signed Vanderjagt tomorrow, and Vanderjagt kicked the game winning 47 yard field goal against New England, Saban would be promoted to genius and Parcells would be demoted to moron? Let's get real.

Gramatica kicked 1 game winning field goal for the Cowboys...wooptydoo!!! That doesn't make Parcells a genius. He got lucky, plain and simple. They were also in a position to win the game with a field goal....something we weren't yesterday.

I understand your frustration with Mare....I'm frustrated too, but cutting him now, or last week would have done nothing for us, except give us a 24-13 loss yesterday.

And by getting him to restructure his contract, we can keep him as a kickoff specialist next year. Don't underestimate the kicking game....it's a very important aspect of special teams. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen, but we need to get a decent field goal kicker in here next year to compete for the job.

so did he get lucky wtih romo over bledsoe? or waht about Wares performance this year? or the fact that gramatica made 3 of 4 for FAR Less then what mare is making hence saving money unlike our team?

emocomputerjock
12-04-2006, 07:40 PM
so did he get lucky wtih romo over bledsoe? or waht about Wares performance this year? or the fact that gramatica made 3 of 4 for FAR Less then what mare is making hence saving money unlike our team?

There's still no guarantee that he won't go out and shank 12 of his next 13. Parcells made the only personnel decision he really had available to him here in the closing games of a season after he cut his starting kicker (who is still on the street last I heard). We weren't put in the situation where we would have to take a chance on a guy who spent a heck of a lot of time out of football with injuries because we fired our kicker. We made the decision to stick with Mare over taking the chance on the unknown because honestly - what would the upside have been? Before last night's game we would have had to win out every game to have a shot at the playoffs, and even then there were a ton of factors that had to have gone our way that weren't in our control. Mare may not be having the best year, but in that situation do you take the risk with the guy who hasn't played in forever? Parcells took the gamble and won, Saban didn't with the knowledge that if it didn't work out, the blame would squarely be on his shoulders. Unfortunately, it is anyway because folks think Parcells is a genius after only one game.

SR 7
12-04-2006, 08:02 PM
There's still no guarantee that he won't go out and shank 12 of his next 13. Parcells made the only personnel decision he really had available to him here in the closing games of a season after he cut his starting kicker (who is still on the street last I heard). We weren't put in the situation where we would have to take a chance on a guy who spent a heck of a lot of time out of football with injuries because we fired our kicker. We made the decision to stick with Mare over taking the chance on the unknown because honestly - what would the upside have been? Before last night's game we would have had to win out every game to have a shot at the playoffs, and even then there were a ton of factors that had to have gone our way that weren't in our control. Mare may not be having the best year, but in that situation do you take the risk with the guy who hasn't played in forever? Parcells took the gamble and won, Saban didn't with the knowledge that if it didn't work out, the blame would squarely be on his shoulders. Unfortunately, it is anyway because folks think Parcells is a genius after only one game.
i DONT think he is a genious. dont put words into ppls mouth bro. I said we need to do that so he PUTS HIS FOOT DOWN AND PLAYERS WAKE THE **** UP. I'm glad our team is so pathetic they need 50 year old men cursing us out and saying hwo pathetic our team is to win 2 games before they lose interest and motivation again and luckily win out another 2. I'm sorry its a pathetic roster with no HEART.

maybe is Saban put his foot down on these players they woudl wake the hell up and not play BS football. instead, he puts his foot down on PS players. Im sure mare, hagan, Chambers are all WORRIEd and SCARED taht a PS player got cut for the upteen time.

When you cut a player of Vanderjachts calibur, your sedning one HELL of a sign taht you are NOT safe and you better perform to ur talent level or you are out.

last time i checked CC is getting paid like a number 1 WR and so is Booker but if u ask me, booker comes thru more and booker is having a decent year. waht does that tell u.

PhinFan0202
12-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Saban is the problem but it's not his coaching, it's his personel descisions. Granted he should be involved the GM should have the majority of personel descisions.

phishfan4life
12-04-2006, 10:17 PM

Saving money for what? Mare already gets his money, whether we cut him or not. What good does it do us to cut him now? The Romo and Bledsoe thing has nothing to do with this, and wasn't Ware a 1st round pick?....Why do you bring that up? I'm talking specifically about the kicker situation. He had 1 game winning kick and everybody is screaming "why didn't we cut Mare and pick up Gramatica!?!".....it's ridiculous. This Bill Parcells circle jerk is a little disturbing!!!:shakeno:

SR 7
12-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Saving money for what? Mare already gets his money, whether we cut him or not. What good does it do us to cut him now? The Romo and Bledsoe thing has nothing to do with this, and wasn't Ware a 1st round pick?....Why do you bring that up? I'm talking specifically about the kicker situation. He had 1 game winning kick and everybody is screaming "why didn't we cut Mare and pick up Gramatica!?!".....it's ridiculous. This Bill Parcells circle jerk is a little disturbing!!!:shakeno:

first of all, watch ur mouth with the jerk and coming out talking ****. Second, who on sams hill said we should have picked up Gramatica? i dotn recall anyone, but apparently you do.

byroan
12-04-2006, 10:36 PM
But he hasn't and will never be the savior to me.
Of course not. Saban cannot do anything right in your eyes. You've had a negative attitude towards Saban ever since he was hired. You post about one thing and one thing only and that is to put Saban down. I've seen you do it with Jason Allen and Ronnie Brown.

phishfan4life
12-04-2006, 10:52 PM
first of all, watch ur mouth with the jerk and coming out talking ****. Second, who on sams hill said we should have picked up Gramatica? i dotn recall anyone, but apparently you do.

Sorry if I offended you dude. But I've seen a lot of talk about Gramatica, and way to much love for Bill Parcells on this thread.....maybe I'm wrong.:confused:

TotoreMexico
12-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Of course not. Saban cannot do anything right in your eyes. You've had a negative attitude towards Saban ever since he was hired. You post about one thing and one thing only and that is to put Saban down. I've seen you do it with Jason Allen and Ronnie Brown.

Yup, that "fan" is just a f'n hater:shakeno:

SR 7
12-05-2006, 12:52 AM
Yup, that "fan" is just a f'n hater:shakeno:

why is it taht people in this time of age are "*******s" "fake" and "pathetic" etc etc when they express there FEELINGS. why does this world revolve around followers and lying to ones self to fit in? its very damn sad. He donest like the guy let it damn be bro. it isnt like he is stating a false fact or argue a fact to take away any sort of credibility. if he were to say sabans sucks *** adn we win the SB then i understand him being random and a possible "hater" but all saban has done is get our team to win once we are OUT of any sort of contention or when someoen calls our team pathetic and heartless.
Sorry, taht means we have a lot of player problems.

TotoreMexico
12-05-2006, 01:00 AM
why is it taht people in this time of age are "*******s" "fake" and "pathetic" etc etc when they express there FEELINGS. why does this world revolve around followers and lying to ones self to fit in? its very damn sad. He donest like the guy let it damn be bro. it isnt like he is stating a false fact or argue a fact to take away any sort of credibility. if he were to say sabans sucks *** adn we win the SB then i understand him being random and a possible "hater" but all saban has done is get our team to win once we are OUT of any sort of contention or when someoen calls our team pathetic and heartless.
Sorry, taht means we have a lot of player problems.

Check out his posts, he's ALWAYS complaining about everything, from the coaches to the players