PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Vick anyone? The talent is there but we dont have the guts to groom it...

juniorseau55
12-04-2006, 02:58 PM
He deserves a shot next year at the qb position. This man can throw and run but we are laughing ourselves by thinking that the hobbled man Daunte which is worse than Joey is now can play this position again at a high level. Vick is fresh and he's changed but many of you will argue against me.

Adam First
12-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Putting in Marcus at this point is like throwing a cat into a woodchipper and expecting it to live.

BLITZKRIEG
12-04-2006, 03:01 PM
He deserves a shot next year at the qb position.

Vick doesn't deserve anything yet.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

FinsNCanes
12-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Not at QB.

NJFINSFAN1
12-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Oh boy, here we go!

dolphinfn3454
12-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Putting in Marcus at this point is like throwing a cat into a woodchipper and expecting it to live.
:sidelol:

miaD5499
12-04-2006, 03:04 PM
i would def like to see marcus vick get thrown on to the field a little bit more but not necesairly start him at qb or anything, but we did sign him and he does dress so i do think we should try putting him in at wr or qb on certain plays like the jets do with brad smith

Aqua4Ever04
12-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Should we groom Vick?

Well I herd that Saban took him to get his haircut one afternoon, but before Marcus got into the chair he stomped on the Barber and then held the shop at gun point.

Just speculation of course.

GEORGIA FIN
12-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Are you kidding me, what justifies him having a shot at it? He's lucky to be on the roster. In the offseason he can stock shelves with Kurt Warner. Vick is a loser!

Dtronic
12-04-2006, 03:08 PM
First let's start him at center. I wanna see if he can take a hit.

The Confessor
12-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Should we groom Vick?

Well I herd that Saban took him to get his haircut one afternoon, but before Marcus got into the chair he stomped on the Barber and then held the shop at gun point.

:sidelol: -Alledgedly...

This is not reality, it is just a bad re-ocurring dream. Marcus Vick is not really on the active roster....it is all just a really bad dream..........

juniorseau55
12-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Ok I give up...

DolphinzD

What's the worst thing that could happen if Vick started? The Dolphins might lose the game? That sure hasn't happened much with the other two quarterbacks starting.

I'm not saying I support putting Vick in, but I guess I don't think the situation is nearly as dire as your analogy.

Aqua4Ever04
:sidelol: -Alledgedly...

This is not reality, it is just a bad re-ocurring dream. Marcus Vick is not really on the active roster....it is all just a really bad dream..........

Sort of like the Mickey D's hold up?

dolphan117
12-04-2006, 03:12 PM
Actually we are indeed grooming him, its why he is on the 53 man roster. There his one heck of a differance between grooming a player (which we are doing) and starting a player which we arent. Honestly I'm not even sure I can describe how bad an idea it would be to start him at this point. Heck he hasnt even been getting reps at the 3rd qb postion I dont think.

The Confessor
12-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Actually we are indeed grooming him, its why he is on the 53 man roster. There his one heck of a differance between grooming a player (which we are doing) and starting a player which we arent. Honestly I'm not even sure I can describe how bad an idea it would be to start him at this point. Heck he hasnt even been getting reps at the 3rd qb postion I dont think.

All very good points. Cleo Lemon should get time WAYYYY ahead of Vick...
In all reality, I think that our problems are not that of QB-entirely. Pretty sure that anything short of Dan Marino or Joe Montana isnt gonna right this ship in its current situation.

Two Tacos
12-04-2006, 03:34 PM
:yeahthat:

What do you think he is doing now? Delivering pizzas for the O-line? He's listed as the 3rd QB, I suspect he may be getting some work at QB...
</IMG>

Roman529
12-04-2006, 03:37 PM
We should only put Vick in on flea flicker plays so he can air it out to Chambers or Booker for 6. :wink:

cnc66
12-04-2006, 03:37 PM
He deserves a shot next year at the qb position. This man can throw and run but we are laughing ourselves by thinking that the hobbled man Daunte which is worse than Joey is now can play this position again at a high level. Vick is fresh and he's changed but many of you will argue against me.

mostly, I laugh at you... hahahahah mexico jr our savior... hahahahahahaha

Adam First
12-04-2006, 03:39 PM
What's the worst thing that could happen if Vick started? The Dolphins might lose the game? That sure hasn't happened much with the other two quarterbacks starting.

We can get shut out, and be embarrased by everyone around the league.

There's a different between Brett Favre losing and Andrew Walter losing.

DolfanDonny
12-04-2006, 03:59 PM

MAN - that is FUNNY!!!

nick1
12-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Vick deserves a chance to play at WR, our WRs drop the ball to much and don't run crisp routes

cHaNgE
12-04-2006, 04:44 PM
dont care what you all say, Vick for prez!

Coral Reefer
12-04-2006, 04:47 PM

:shakeno:

Sorry man but I don't buy the Vick saga.

The guy got beat out in TC by a QB we dumped.
That pretty much sums up his potential at QB.

Kdawg954
12-04-2006, 04:55 PM
I rather see Marcus at WR . . . in preseason the man had glue on his hands . . . he caught everything . . . didn't muff not one single punt . . . and showed some speed and decent route running ability . . . he plays taller than he really is . . . I mean it couldn't hurt.

No way I put Vick in over Cleo at QB . . . that is a crazy idea.

iamKIP
12-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Vick is a great athlete!! He doeas not have the tools in his box to be a great NFL QB....Once again not a QB!!! When will people learn!!!!

clbrazee
12-04-2006, 06:35 PM
The only problem with Vick, is his height.

PhinsRock
12-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Should we groom Vick?

You forgot that Vick also raped a 16 year old before leaving the shop. Stupidest thread of the year, one star is too good a rating.

HybridPHIN 23
12-04-2006, 06:52 PM
considering theres a fat chance he'll ever be half the QB his bro is.... and that his bro isn't doing very well himself.....let's see how he does at WR.

gunn34
12-04-2006, 08:04 PM
I rather see Marcus at WR . . . in preseason the man had glue on his hands . . . he caught everything . . . didn't muff not one single punt . . . and showed some speed and decent route running ability . . . he plays taller than he really is . . . I mean it couldn't hurt.

I agree. He was a pretty good WR and return guy. And I would like to see Cleo at QB.

I didn't want Vick on the team at first...now I just want a win....I might be going straight to he!! for thinking like this.

FinNasty
12-04-2006, 09:42 PM

I dont think it could have been said any better. I am a big Marcus fan... but it would be senseless to put him in right now. He needs alot more grooming...

MARINO1384
12-04-2006, 10:10 PM
still see what he can do on the field,wether he's on special teams,wide reciever,runningback, qb something i just want to see what he could do.

adamprez2003
12-04-2006, 10:11 PM

That would be a pretty cool halftime show

DolfanDonny
12-11-2006, 04:07 PM

Sadly, we will never see Cleo at QB either, except for pre-season (his ONLY chance to shine)...

Same saga as Sage...

yankeehillbilly
12-11-2006, 05:50 PM

If he's still on the roster he will get a shot. His shot will be the opportunity to earn the right to compete for the starting spot.

Alex44
12-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Without reading any posts but the first one

GIVE ME A BREAK

As a canes fan I saw a lot of his games and he wasnt even a very good college QB

ckparrothead
12-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Yeah I always get a crack out of people that say stuff like "the talent is there..."

I'm like...what talent? He looked like maybe, just maybe in about 2 more years of playing college ball, he could maybe have a shot at developing into a respectable draft prospect. But with how early he came out I wouldn't have drafted him as a QB even if he didn't have the off field crap.

FINintheMOON
12-11-2006, 06:16 PM
still see what he can do on the field,wether he's on special teams,wide reciever,runningback, qb something i just want to see what he could do.

I agree with this statement... We need to get him involved in 1 aspect of the game or the other... I think he would be a great assest when we hit the playoffs...:D

Bruzer
12-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah I always get a crack out of people that say stuff like "the talent is there..."

I'm like...what talent? He looked like maybe, just maybe in about 2 more years of playing college ball, he could maybe have a shot at developing into a respectable draft prospect. But with how early he came out I wouldn't have drafted him as a QB even if he didn't have the off field crap.

Its because his last name is vick if it was any other name no one would care.

TotoreMexico
12-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Ok I give up...

Your best post so far...

TigerJ
12-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Oh please start Marcus Vick!

Phinz420
12-11-2006, 06:49 PM

I dont think it could have been said any better. I am a big Marcus fan... but it would be senseless to put him in right now. He needs alot more grooming...
For sure. The guy would of been in his Senior year in College this season if he didn't leave when he did. It is not like he is some huge LB/RB who can make a quick transition into an NFL player. We are in no hurry to have results with Marcus and it would just be ridiculous to throw him out there to the wolves before he is ready & able.

bigmiamifan
12-11-2006, 06:56 PM
No we don't have the guts, the thug is packing a gun, keep him at a distance.

brandon27
12-11-2006, 07:16 PM

I think if we loose next week, all hope is therefor gone from the playoffs... Id start Lemon in one of the final two games, and then sure... why not, let Vick play the last one. lets see what the kids got. At least give him a shot.

Since the above wont happen, well we may loose to Buffalo, but Lemon and Vick getting a start probably wont happen... but at least get Vick on the field as a receiver then. Lets see what he's got. But really, he was a QB in college... sure he's a decent receiver too, but... either way we should see what we've got. I doubt it will happen, but... it cant hurt

Lederhosen
12-12-2006, 05:45 AM
Any idea what it does to the morale of the team if you say "Look, we are f&%$ anyway, so we bench Harrington, who has won some games in the last week, and let this guy here play. But let us stay focused and play still hard?"

Do you think players will want to stay on this team or sign with it next year? Do you think people will come to the stadium and play big $ to see a 4th string QB to be groomed? :confused:

If you want to groom him, send him to NFL Europe. Or send Lemon as a QB and Vick as a WR. Anf if you do, send them to Rhein Fire so I can watch them. :wink:

Mike13
12-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Its because his last name is vick if it was any other name no one would care.

Exactly, Both Vicks are overrated.

And For the record, I called it.