PDA

View Full Version : Saban expected interview for Alabama HC Job..

HysterikiLL
12-04-2006, 07:19 PM
http://rc.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-saban120306,0,4637207.story?track=mostemailedlink

...Yeah, WTF!?

It was okay enough when they targeted him, because that didn't really mean anything. But now he's going to interview!? WTF?

LouPhinFan
12-04-2006, 07:24 PM
I think its just more hearsay. It would be kinda stupid to go from college to NFL and then back to college. Its not like Saban has been a total failure ala Spurrier or Davis.

HysterikiLL
12-04-2006, 07:26 PM
I think its just more hearsay. It would be kinda stupid to go from college to NFL and then back to college. Its not like Saban has been a total failure ala Spurrier or Davis.

That's why this makes no sense. I can't imagine him interviewing with an actual desire to go to Alabama. What he had at LSU was a lot better than what he could have at Alabama anyway, so I'm totally confused.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-04-2006, 07:35 PM
If Saban's interviewing for another job, chances are he's interested!

kpcane
12-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Hopefully he just wants a free meal

FinsNYanksFan13
12-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Honestly, I like Saban a lot and believe in him but I think him interviewing for the Bama job is a slap in the face to the Dolphins fans and the organization!

305TillIDie
12-04-2006, 08:03 PM
if this true, **** Nick Saban

Vertical Limit
12-04-2006, 08:17 PM
What ever.

Amars
12-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Smoke Screen. Just to make it seem that its a position that alot good coaches want, which in reality they dont. Nobody wants that job that why so many coaches have already turned it down.

HysterikiLL
12-05-2006, 12:33 AM
On the flipside, he never said he'd leave the 'Fins.

"Heck, I'm Nick Saban mother ****er! I can coach two teams at once. What, you don't believe me!?"

:chuckle:

Blade
12-05-2006, 12:37 AM
LOL. If anyone could coach two teams, I think Saban could do it.

I think he stays with the Phins.

Nappy Roots
12-05-2006, 12:47 AM
Honestly, I like Saban a lot and believe in him but I think him interviewing for the Bama job is a slap in the face to the Dolphins fans and the organization!

yea, if its true, Wayne should fire him now.

MikeO
12-05-2006, 12:47 AM
It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

To think otherwise is foolish. I've been on this guy since early this year. He doesn't want to be here in Miami. He wants to win. He never tried to rebuild, he brought in a bunch of old vets (Traylor, Holiday, Carter, Shelton, McIntosh...etc) and tried to WIN NOW. He isn't winning. He has total control. It's all his fault. He see's where this ship is headed and he wants to jump off!!

If Alabama can meet or beat the $5 mill a year he gets from the Fins.........see ya!!! Life is a lot easier in the SEC and in College ball. He's smarter than 90% of the coaches in college. He can recruit easy down there. Work short days and short years compared to being an NFL GM/Coach.

Less work, more money........GOOD BYE NICK!!!

Kev83
12-05-2006, 12:56 AM
Not happening, chill out.

And yeah, somebody wants the d*** job.

Am I happy about the situation? NO. I still want Shula.

If anything, this is a smokescreen by Saban's 1/2 loony agent. (who has a heck of a clientele).

Despite it all, Roll Tide.

MikeO
12-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Not happening, chill out.

And yeah, somebody wants the d*** job.

Am I happy about the situation? NO. I still want Shula.

If anything, this is a smokescreen by Saban's 1/2 loony agent. (who has a heck of a clientele).

Despite it all, Roll Tide.

If he doesn't take this job, he at least floats it out there that he is interested in "other jobs".

If he fly's to Alabama and talks to them he's a scumbag. No matter if he takes the job or not!!! Wayne paid him, an unproven NFL COACH coming out of college huge money!!! Ungodly money. For him to even take an interview not even half-way through his contract,.....that is a sleezy thing to do!!

fishfanfromjerz
12-05-2006, 01:55 AM
If Saban's interviewing for another job, chances are he's interested!

was reading the local papers today and it had in bold print that greg schiano was interviewing for u of miami job................turns out he told miami he is staying at rutgers

just because saban is interviewing, doesnt mean he is leaving, perhaps just is interested in his worth at the university level again.....

HysterikiLL
12-05-2006, 03:35 AM
If he doesn't take this job, he at least floats it out there that he is interested in "other jobs".

If he fly's to Alabama and talks to them he's a scumbag. No matter if he takes the job or not!!! Wayne paid him, an unproven NFL COACH coming out of college huge money!!! Ungodly money. For him to even take an interview not even half-way through his contract,.....that is a sleezy thing to do!!

Lets not jump to conclusions though. We all know how the media is....if Nick had any contact with Alabama, it can get completely misconstrued. IMO, I'm saving my opinions on Nick for once we find out the specifics. I hope it's not true, because I like Nick, but I have to admit that the love affair is wearing off.

MikeO
12-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Lets not jump to conclusions though. We all know how the media is....if Nick had any contact with Alabama, it can get completely misconstrued. IMO, I'm saving my opinions on Nick for once we find out the specifics. I hope it's not true, because I like Nick, but I have to admit that the love affair is wearing off.

The love affair weared off with me when his team started off the year 1-4, 1-5...etc and his postgame press conference he is scolding for boooo'ing!!!

He can't win a game but finds it necessary to bring up the fans behavior!!

MikeO
12-05-2006, 12:52 PM
just because saban is interviewing, doesnt mean he is leaving, perhaps just is interested in his worth at the university level again.....

so he won't leave this time, but maybe he will leave next time. That is all he is doing. It's a shady way to conduct business!!!

finfansince72
12-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Seems like some good coaches do this stuff. Parcels has been a "freeagent with a job" more often than not. Remember Belichek becoming the Jest HC then quiting in two hours, then moving to New England. Gruden leaving the Raiders, Holmgren leaving GB, coaches have no loyalty because none is given to them. ALL of them know they can be fired on a whim at anytime so they always look for a better deal, leverage, etc, really this isn't anything new.
I dont think Saban is leaving, it really would surprise me.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-05-2006, 07:27 PM
so he won't leave this time, but maybe he will leave next time. That is all he is doing. It's a shady way to conduct business!!!

I agree. He's making what, 5 million dollars with the Dolphins in one of the most desirable organizations to coach for in the NFL and he's interviewing for the Bama job. That's disrespectful to the fans but also to Wayne and the Organization that has given him full control since he's taken over!

NYPhinFan
12-05-2006, 07:56 PM
This has turned into the BIGGEST joke on this board. Show me where he has pushed for the Alabama job...show me where or when this interview took place...show me all the so called "sources" who said this WAS happening...DID happen...or is going to happen. Then when all of these are refuted...we jump to the...well...maybe he will do it next time. Not a SINGLE piece of ANY credible fact to be found ANYWHERE. Show me where there is ANYTHING to show ANY "shady way of doing business":shakeno: :shakeno:

LouPhinFan
12-05-2006, 08:33 PM
This has turned into the BIGGEST joke on this board. Show me where he has pushed for the Alabama job...show me where or when this interview took place...show me all the so called "sources" who said this WAS happening...DID happen...or is going to happen. Then when all of these are refuted...we jump to the...well...maybe he will do it next time. Not a SINGLE piece of ANY credible fact to be found ANYWHERE. Show me where there is ANYTHING to show ANY "shady way of doing business":shakeno: :shakeno:

Exactly. Until I see proof, this is just the Alabama boosters blowing smoke up people's you-know-whats to generate interest for a bad coaching vacancy. I mean seriously, why would anyone work for a school that would fire a coach after one mediocre season?

MikeO
12-06-2006, 02:57 AM
I agree. He's making what, 5 million dollars with the Dolphins in one of the most desirable organizations to coach for in the NFL and he's interviewing for the Bama job. That's disrespectful to the fans but also to Wayne and the Organization that has given him full control since he's taken over!

And if he is letting his agent keep this story alive for whatever reason......it's even sleezier!!

Saban is coming off as very shady. This is hurting his image badly.

NYPhinFan
12-06-2006, 10:05 AM
And if he is letting his agent keep this story alive for whatever reason......it's even sleezier!!

I am almost incredulous to this ongoing NONSENSE. Nice word..IF..so there is no proof whatsoever to any of this...but ...IF...then its even sleezier!:sidelol: :sidelol:
What is hurting his image is the inability of people to put HARD facts with this story..but YET does not stop them from innuendos and character attacks for something that has not been reported...only denied over and over..This just keeps getting sleezier and sleezier...that you are right about...but by reporters and people with an agenda.

Coral Reefer
12-06-2006, 11:19 AM

There is no evidence whatsoever that he has even entertained this. You're making some strong comments based on zero supporting facts.

Why you choose to fan the flames at this point make you look "shady".

NYPhinFan
12-06-2006, 12:23 PM
There is no evidence whatsoever that he has even entertained this. You're making some strong comments based on zero supporting facts.

Why you choose to fan the flames at this point make you look "shady".
You took the words right out of my mouth!.It it much easier to rip someones character when there is no proof whatsoever..When this thing proves all to be just a rumor...let me see all the people who ran with this story and called into question character, intergrity and commitment come back and take some of thier own medicene. Why would you let FACTS stand in the way of a story?. The truth does not make much of a juicy story.:shakeno:

NYPhinFan
12-08-2006, 02:45 AM

Way to get this one TOTALLY right!..BULLSEYE!..The only thing sleazier about this whole thing was the way Saban was portrayed by the media and especially some people on this board. What an absolute joke! Great call:shakeno: :shakeno:

NYPhinFan
12-08-2006, 02:45 AM
Another quality call!..and the hits just keep on coming:shakeno: :shakeno:

NYPhinFan
12-08-2006, 02:48 AM
It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

To think otherwise is foolish. I've been on this guy since early this year. He doesn't want to be here in Miami. He wants to win. He never tried to rebuild, he brought in a bunch of old vets (Traylor, Holiday, Carter, Shelton, McIntosh...etc) and tried to WIN NOW. He isn't winning. He has total control. It's all his fault. He see's where this ship is headed and he wants to jump off!!

If Alabama can meet or beat the $5 mill a year he gets from the Fins.........see ya!!! Life is a lot easier in the SEC and in College ball. He's smarter than 90% of the coaches in college. He can recruit easy down there. Work short days and short years compared to being an NFL GM/Coach.

Less work, more money........GOOD BYE NICK!!!
Another one!...The tone this board took this week was disgraceful and ignorant. Why wait for all the facts to come out...just rip his character,,,integrity..and loyalty...good call...something people around here have a total lack of..:shakeno: :shakeno:

NewEra8
12-08-2006, 02:50 AM
They just showed a press conference with him regarding the Alabama thing... he's gettin pretty pissed off about it to say the least... not happenin