PDA

View Full Version : Does This Team Have The Guts To Beat The Patriots?

adamprez2003
12-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Our season is basically over and we're going to be playing for nothing but pride. Does this team come out and lay a smackdown on the Patriots or do they roll over and play dead. I'm going to be watching this game with an eye on who comes out for blood. If any player comes out flat or like he doesnt care I dont want him on my team next year. Any thoughts?

FinsAreLife
12-04-2006, 09:37 PM
well, i can gurantee the following players show up to play....

Jason Taylor
Wes Welker
Zach Thomas
Yeremiah Bell

as for the rest of the team, we shall see.

Rick 1966
12-04-2006, 09:38 PM
No. Nor the talent.

KippyIA1354
12-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Absolutely NO!!! I believe they will pack it in, judging from what I saw yesterday. This team couldn't cover my grandma let alone Brady and the boys!! This team needs an enima!! CLEAN HOUSE!!!! Start with Olinda Mare!! I don't know what happened to him but he just doesn't have it anymore!! Secondly. Will Allen,Travis Daniels, Andre Goodman??? Need I say more?? Did Saban actually think he could revive Allen and Goodman's career and coach these guys up?? They're mediocre and there was a reason why they departed their previous teams,Saban's BULL SH%&!! Is running out!!:fire: :fire:

muscle979
12-04-2006, 09:39 PM
They have the guts but they're just not good enough. We saw that yesterday.

adamprez2003
12-04-2006, 09:42 PM
I dont know. We played em tough, first time out and we improved since then. We've only lost one series in this century so I expect this to be a good game and one I think we can win if we come out ready to play. But that's a big if at this stage. It'll say alot about the character of this team how they respond to our recent loss

BLITZKRIEG
12-04-2006, 09:45 PM
I think it'll be a close game. We're a much better team this time around, and playing at home should help as well. I don't think the Phinz will lay down at all, I think they'll come out fired up and playing to win it. The loss to Jacksonville should wake these guys up, {and regardless of our playoff chances}, have them ready to close out the season strong......

PHINZ RULE!!!!

tmny99
12-04-2006, 09:54 PM
I think this game will be a good game because we will be playing more of a field position type game. I don't think we'll take many shots down the field. Asante Samuel has been playing like a freak lately, and he's already picked Harrington once this year. We're usually have running success against the Pats, and I think Sammy Morris will only improve on this past game. I think this game will come down to a field goal at the end, but the sad part is that Gostkowski is outplaying Mare by leaps and bounds.

adamprez2003
12-04-2006, 09:56 PM
I think this game will be a good game because we will be playing more of a field position type game. I don't think we'll take many shots down the field. Asante Samuel has been playing like a freak lately, and he's already picked Harrington once this year. We're usually have running success against the Pats, and I think Sammy Morris will only improve on this past game. I think this game will come down to a field goal at the end, but the sad part is that Gostkowski is outplaying Mare by leaps and bounds.

I cant watch us attempt field goals anymore. I have never had less confidence in our kicking game than this year. I'm sure we've had a worse kicker but I just cant remember when

tmny99
12-04-2006, 09:59 PM
I cant watch us attempt field goals anymore. I have never had less confidence in our kicking game than this year. I'm sure we've had a worse kicker but I just cant remember when

I really can't remember a worst time either. Pete Sto was so solid and he made that #10 proud. Guys like Nedney weren't great, but I don't even remember them missing this many makeable kicks. It truly is a mental thing now. It's like what happened to Chuck Knoblauch when he couldn't throw to first or Mark Wohlers when he couldn't throw to the plate. Unless he can overcome that his career may be shortlived.

Phinagler
12-04-2006, 10:14 PM
As per usul, this is going to be a tough game. NE has played pretty well on the road (undefeated?). They did everything wrong but lose to the lions on sunday. I'm sure they are going to try to get things tightened up before the playoffs. Couple that with ronnie most likely out again, which IMO is a much bigger problem for our offense than it is being made out to be, and their hands are going to be full this week. Hopefully they can regroup and do enough to win sunday.

I do like the fact that they are home dogs this week (+3.5).

FinFan_Est.1984
12-04-2006, 10:50 PM
No. Nor the talent.

:tantrum:Wow are you serious! We put a smack down on the Bears in Soldier Field then beat KC when they were hot and you think we do not have the talent to take down the overrated Pats that barely beat the Lions this week. You boggle my mind. All I hear from you is negative. The Fins will school the Pats on Sunday, if our defense steps up again to their potential..........:dolphins:

GridIronKing34
12-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Sunday I had a bad feeling in my gut about the Jacksonville game, it just didn't feel like we were gonna win that one. But for some reason I'm not quite as worried about this game, I think we'll come out 6-7 this weekend. Joey will make better throws and our secondary will be awake.

killakimo
12-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Absolutely NO!!! I believe they will pack it in, judging from what I saw yesterday. This team couldn't cover my grandma let alone Brady and the boys!! This team needs an enima!! CLEAN HOUSE!!!! Start with Olinda Mare!! I don't know what happened to him but he just doesn't have it anymore!! Secondly. Will Allen,Travis Daniels, Andre Goodman??? Need I say more?? Did Saban actually think he could revive Allen and Goodman's career and coach these guys up?? They're mediocre and there was a reason why they departed their previous teams,Saban's BULL SH%&!! Is running out!!:fire: :fire:

wow, are you really a fin fan or a fan of the patsies also. sorry, can't have both. not if you're a true dolphin fan. ah, it doesn't matter. i think it'll be a tough game either way. plus i think brady is hot:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

biggtyme13
12-04-2006, 11:39 PM

Who else did you want him to get? was there a plethora of Corners in the free agency market? I mean did you want him to over pay for Arrington too? Is it gonna be a sham when he doest go out and give the world for Briggs. Remember what your mom always told you. Rome wasnt built in a day.

Rick 1966
12-04-2006, 11:44 PM
:tantrum:Wow are you serious! We put a smack down on the Bears in Soldier Field then beat KC when they were hot and you think we do not have the talent to take down the overrated Pats that barely beat the Lions this week.

Have you paid attention to how poorly Rex Grossman has played this year? The Pats beat the Bears as well, and on a day when Grossman didn't play as poorly as he played against us. Any given Sunday and all that, but the Pats have always had heart, especially late in the season.

Regan21286
12-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Our season is basically over and we're going to be playing for nothing but pride. Does this team come out and lay a smackdown on the Patriots or do they roll over and play dead. I'm going to be watching this game with an eye on who comes out for blood. If any player comes out flat or like he doesnt care I dont want him on my team next year. Any thoughts?

If AJ Feeley can beat the Pats, so can Harrington. Feeley was Harrington's backup in Oregon too. :tongue:

phinphanforever
12-04-2006, 11:48 PM
:tantrum:Wow are you serious! We put a smack down on the Bears in Soldier Field then beat KC when they were hot and you think we do not have the talent to take down the overrated Pats that barely beat the Lions this week. You boggle my mind. All I hear from you is negative. The Fins will school the Pats on Sunday, if our defense steps up again to their potential..........:dolphins:

Love the enthusiasm, but I think it needs to be tempered a bit. I really hope that the team comes out fighting against the Pats. It will go a long way in showing the cahracter of this team but the reality is that the Pats are a much more talented team. Their victory over the Lions was clear evidence of their talent. For almost three and a half quarters the Pats kept tripping over themselves, doing everything possible to lose the game, and then they let their overwhelming talent take over. Make no mistake about it: the Pats are one of the SuberBowl favourites this year.
They have, unquestionably, the best player and quarterback in the game. I'd take Brady over Manning or any other QB in a heartbeat. The guy is, simply put, the most underrated player in recent sport history. Their defense is not as good as past years but they have some tremendous players in Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Colvin, Vrabel, Brushi and Samuel. Their O-line is solid, they have two very good running backs, playmaking tight ends, a coach who is a mastermind with schemes, and experience to boot.

It is so depressing that the Pats are as good as they are , and have been for so long. They have killed plenty of Sundays for me in the last few years, but I do have loads of respect for them.

I just laugh when I read many so called experts, usually media folk, write the Pats off. They say: "they don't have a running game" or "they don't have receivers" or " they don't have a secondary", and yet the PAts jsut keep winning.

For years, I thought the Pats were the luckiest team, a team that got all the calls, all the bounces etc. After a while though, I realised that they made their own luck. They have so many players that consistently make plays, and more importantly, make plays when it matters. That isn't luck. It's an indication of how dominant they are.

I'm not overly impressed with any of the teams in the NFC. Dallas has a great D but let's see how Romo deals with some adversity before crowning him the next Aikman. The Bears have no Qb. Seattle is out of rhythm. N Orleans has some real strenghts but also some glaring weaknesses.

The AFC has much better teams but only a handful of real contenders. I think the PAts and Bolts are the best teams, with Baltimore, CIncy and Indy having outside shots. Jacksonville has the ability to beat any team but they are far too inconsistent.

If the Patriots can get the number 1 or 2 seed in the AFC, I think they will have to be considered prohibitive favourites.

I hope that the Dolfins p*** all overt heir party this weekend, but I jsut don't see it happening.

adamprez2003
12-04-2006, 11:48 PM
If AJ Feeley can beat the Pats, so can Harrington. Feeley was Harrington's backup in Oregon too. :tongue:

Time to bust out the orange jerseys:evil:

emocomputerjock
12-04-2006, 11:51 PM

Hell yeah we've got the guts. We've lost to some sorry teams, but we've beaten some really good ones. With the talent we have on this team, we can beat anyone. Just have to convince the whole team to show up and do what it takes to win, even if that means playing out of our element.

Mike13
12-04-2006, 11:59 PM
The last time we played the Pats in a similar situation such as this one was on Dec 20th 2004.

adamprez2003
12-05-2006, 12:00 AM
The last time we played the Pats in a similar situation such as this one was on Dec 20th 2004.

I still bust out that tape once a year during the offseason when I need a good laugh and my football fix:lol:

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 12:22 AM
I just love post like these. "we beat KC when they were hot" would this be the same KC team that lost to the Browns yesterday?

"Pats barely beat the lions" last time I checked a win by 7 is still a win, I guess I don't know where the line "Barely beat" is (7 or less?), and the overrated pats did manage to beat GB 35-0 . How did your dolphins do vs those terrible packers? I won't even mention the texans.... We shall see what is what come sunday but I've heard rumors that Belichick has cooked up a scheme thats a gimmie for us......He rented Texans uniforms for the entire team.

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 12:26 AM

That may be how you look at this season but I'm sure this team doesn't view them selves like the 04 team did. So far we've proven to be a better road team that a home team this season with all three loses coming at home. Well sunday will be here soon enough for us to see what is what.

Go Patriots!

adamprez2003
12-05-2006, 12:26 AM
I just love post like these. "we beat KC when they were hot" would this be the same KC team that lost to the Browns yesterday?

"Pats barely beat the lions" last time I checked a win by 7 is still a win, I guess I don't know where the line "Barely beat" is (7 or less?), and the overrated pats did manage to beat GB 35-0 . How did your dolphins do vs those terrible packers? I won't even mention the texans.... We shall see what is what come sunday but I've heard rumors that Belichick has cooked up a scheme thats a gimmie for us......He rented Texans uniforms for the entire team. :sidelol:

Your sorry secondary will get torched and our defense will annhilate your putrid offense:lol: Dolphins 28 Patriots 3

Dolfan984
12-05-2006, 12:27 AM
That may be how you look at this season but I'm sure this team doesn't view them selves like the 04 team did. So far we've proven to be a better road team that a home team this season with all three loses coming at home. Well sunday will be here soon enough for us to see what is what.

Go Patriots!

The 06 Dolphins team is better than the 04 team and the 06 Patriots team is worse than 06 team. IMO it will be a good game.

FinFan_Est.1984
12-05-2006, 12:37 AM

"Pats barely beat the lions" last time I checked a win by 7 is still a win, I guess I don't know where the line "Barely beat" is (7 or less?), and the overrated pats did manage to beat GB 35-0 . How did your dolphins do vs those terrible packers? I won't even mention the texans.... We shall see what is what come sunday but I've heard rumors that Belichick has cooked up a scheme thats a gimmie for us......He rented Texans uniforms for the entire team. :sidelol:

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: You are sooo funny. You must feel so proud of your patsies and how they dominated the Lions. And yeah I do call it barely winning when the Lions were a 14 point underdog. Just like your three Super Bowl wins by three points each.

I cant wait to see Tammy hit the ground multiple times this Sunday. Good luck and may the best team win. :dolphins:

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 01:24 AM
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol: You are sooo funny. You must feel so proud of your patsies and how they dominated the Lions. And yeah I do call it barely winning when the Lions were a 14 point underdog. Just like your three Super Bowl wins by three points each.

I cant wait to see Tammy hit the ground multiple times this Sunday. Good luck and may the best team win. :dolphins:

You guys are so busy throwing around the **** usually a ball of your own hits you square in the face.

Who were the underdogs for the fins vs the texans or vs the packers or vs the bills or vs the jets? Oh I forgot thats back when you were going to win the east and going to the SB. We need to play better but at least were not behind buffalo at the bottom of the division. :wink:

You guys AND your team hasn't learned yet a win by only 1 point is still better than a loss. :shakeno:

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 01:29 AM
To answer the original question does the dolphin team have the guts to beat the pats ..YES but the trouble is ...They just don't have the talent needed!

phineffect
12-05-2006, 02:00 AM
We always play good aginst Brady.. We should win.. but i know...KNOW Joey will thorw atleast 2 Ints..Prolyl more and lose it

DDTDON
12-05-2006, 02:15 AM
To answer the original question does the dolphin team have the guts to beat the pats ..YES but the trouble is ...They just don't have the talent needed!

Most of the time you are realistic with your posts. But this time, you are way off if you think this is going to be a cake walk. These 2 teams play hard whenever they face each other and this game will be no different. You have to at least admit that you were nervous at some point in the game, the Pats were playing awful. They pulled that one out of their *** Sunday and you know it. I believe we will give you your first road loss. But that is a prediction, not a guarantee. But you need to start smelling what your shoveling, because there is no way this will be easy. Good luck on Sunday and let's hope for an injury free game.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!

:dolphins:

DefensiveEnd#76
12-05-2006, 02:38 AM
We are done. Our Dolphins are dead this season. FINAL SCORE: Patriots 27, Dolphins 7.

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 03:39 AM
Most of the time you are realistic with your posts. But this time, you are way off if you think this is going to be a cake walk. These 2 teams play hard whenever they face each other and this game will be no different. You have to at least admit that you were nervous at some point in the game, the Pats were playing awful. They pulled that one out of their *** Sunday and you know it. I believe we will give you your first road loss. But that is a prediction, not a guarantee. But you need to start smelling what your shoveling, because there is no way this will be easy. Good luck on Sunday and let's hope for an injury free game.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!

:dolphins:

Where did I say this would be a cake walk? I'm sure it will be a battle come sunday and I have never said it would be easy. Those are your words not mine. The pats are a much better team than they have shown these past weeks and we've played close games and almost beat our selves with turn overs. I read here how we "eeked out the win" or "barely beat the lions" like it was a bad thing, Which I find kind of humorous comming from fans of a team that have lost to the packers, texans, bills, jets, steelers. I guess we can't all eek them out or barely beat bad teams but at this point wouldn't you say comments like those above are the pot calling the kettle black? Then I read comments that when the dolphins beat KC they were a good team yet KC lost this weekend to the browns. I suppose the texans were a good team when the dolphins lost to them and so were the packers and how about those bills? The way I see it Miami fans haven't a leg to stand on telling other fans they eek'd by or barely beat any team at least until they can eek out or barely beat some of the bad teams they've lost to. We've played sloppy football these past few weeks no doubt yet inspite of a total of 8 turnovers in two games the pats have found a way to win both of those sloppy games weather we pulled them out or *** or not. That might be something for you to worry about this sunday. Weather you want to believe it or not that in it self is an accomplishment that Miami hasn't been able to do... to play sloppy but still win.

I agree it should be a good game and also hope its an injury free one too.

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 03:43 AM
We are done. Our Dolphins are dead this season. FINAL SCORE: Patriots 27, Dolphins 7.

I think it will be a closer game that the scores you posted but I do feel NE will win.

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 03:49 AM
Your sorry secondary will get torched and our defense will annhilate your putrid offense:lol: Dolphins 28 Patriots 3

Check your stats again. Asunte Samuel is tied for the league lead with 7 ints so far this season. You should be in for a big surprise with NE's secondary come sunday. :D

SuperFinsFan83
12-05-2006, 07:33 AM
[quote=MR NFLFAN]Then I read comments that when the dolphins beat KC they were a good team yet KC lost this weekend to the browns.quote]

I dont think this matters. I'm not sure what the original poster was implying, but the Chiefs were playing good football before they lost to Miami. I don't define the 2004 season for the Patriots on the basis of that one trip to Miami that these guys like to remind you of. So it's rather unhelpful to base the Chiefs' season/talent on last week's loss to Cleveland. And quite frankly, even with the loss, they're not far out of playoff contention. Therefore, putting this all together, it's not a mistake to say Miami beat a good team.

Now enough about KC. Miami usually comes to play against the Patriots, but they don't usually win. I, unfortunately, see a hard fought loss.

adamprez2003
12-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Check your stats again. Asunte Samuel is tied for the league lead with 7 ints so far this season. You should be in for a big surprise with NE's secondary come sunday. :D

He's the only one in that secondary that has talent. Injuries and lack of depth have crushed you back there. How many 1st stringers will play Sunday. Colvin's nice but your other LBs are old and slow. Your DL is good but even that isnt playing at 100%. What happened to Seymour this year?

BLITZKRIEG
12-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Playing at home, and coming off a very damaging loss, I think the Phinz will come out ready to take care of business. We're a much better, more focused team than we were earlier in the season. Should be a great game no matter the outcome, but I think Miami will come out hungrier, and win this one for the home crowd.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

dw10
12-05-2006, 10:47 AM

Are you serrious with this question?
Just ask the 2-11 Dolphins of 2004 when the eventual SB Champ Pats came into town. Shame on anybody who says we don't have a chance.
Heck, playoffs are still a possibility. Granted, a REMOTE possibility, but a possibility nonetheless.

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 10:50 AM
He's the only one in that secondary that has talent. Injuries and lack of depth have crushed you back there. How many 1st stringers will play Sunday. Colvin's nice but your other LBs are old and slow. Your DL is good but even that isnt playing at 100%. What happened to Seymour this year?

Our linebackers are no older or slower than yours. As for Seymour he was dinged up for a couple of games and was rotated out more often but did see action even during those few weeks but if you notice Seymour will always draw the double team leaving Ty Warren to get the job done which he has done rather well this season. I'll bet you can't even name the players in our "sorry" secondary yet you imply that you know so much about them and when I pointed out that Samuel is tied for the int lead now he's the only guy with talent. Why do I get this feeling your just talking out your ***?

Your team will be using it's 2nd string RB and QB and your kicker can't make a FG further than 20 yds out. Usually teams need to jump out to a quick lead to make the other team one dimensional but without Brown your offense is already one dimensional. At this point I'm not sure that Saban even knows how to beat Belichick unless we play with our back ups like last yrs game 2. You do remember week 17 last season when your dolphins "eeked" by our bench and "barely won" by 2 points now don't you?

Coral Reefer
12-05-2006, 11:11 AM

I don't think that's true.

They have enough talent to win the game if they play consistent and sound. Hell even really bad division teams sometimes give the top team trouble in division rivalries.

This is not one of the Pats strongest squads in recent years either despite their record as well.

Having said that, obviously we'll be the underdog and for good reason.

cka203
12-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Jumping in with my .02 here.....

First, let me introduce myself. I'm a Colts fan, so naturally, I hope you guys beat the Pats on Sunday! BUT... it would be a mistake to think they're not for real. Yes, I know they lost some players and yes, I know some have injuries, but... As long as they have BB, Brady, Bruschi, Brown, Dillon, Maroney, well... you get my drift. Dec-Jan is when the Pats come on strong, and this year will be no exception. I haven't seen the Dolphins play much this year, so I can't speculate too much on how you'll match up with them. But Harrington vs Brady doesn't sound too good to me. And Saban vs BB? Well... I'm not sold on Saban yet, then again, I don't have much to base a real opinion on.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi, hope you win, hope there's no serious injuries on either team, but don't take em too lightly, in spite of last week's game against the Lions. That was NOT indicative of this Pats team!

PyroDOLFAN
12-05-2006, 12:38 PM
OOOOO our team has the guts but the real question is can they actully pull it off physically.

finfan54
12-05-2006, 12:44 PM

I have more faith in this team to beat the Pats than faith in the fans to support this team.

adamprez2003
12-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Our linebackers are no older or slower than yours. As for Seymour he was dinged up for a couple of games and was rotated out more often but did see action even during those few weeks but if you notice Seymour will always draw the double team leaving Ty Warren to get the job done which he has done rather well this season. I'll bet you can't even name the players in our "sorry" secondary yet you imply that you know so much about them and when I pointed out that Samuel is tied for the int lead now he's the only guy with talent. Why do I get this feeling your just talking out your ***?

Your team will be using it's 2nd string RB and QB and your kicker can't make a FG further than 20 yds out. Usually teams need to jump out to a quick lead to make the other team one dimensional but without Brown your offense is already one dimensional. At this point I'm not sure that Saban even knows how to beat Belichick unless we play with our back ups like last yrs game 2. You do remember week 17 last season when your dolphins "eeked" by our bench and "barely won" by 2 points now don't you?

Saying your secondary is good because you have one good player back there is like saying we have a good offensive line because Carey is having a good year. Typical bandwagon Patsy talk. Oh I'm sorry I forgot Ellis Hobbs. Now there's a pro Bowl corner if ever there was one:lol: Who's replacing Harrison, James Sanders that second year bust? Artrell Hawkins at FS is probably your second best defensive back :sidelol: . That's all one needs to know about your secondary. Oh maybe Chad Scott might come in and help out if the AARP lets him

The 21st century has been your best era and yet you have only taken the series one year in what is our worst era. :lol: Just goes to prove the Dolphins at their worst are as good as the Patsies at their best. Even with us playing a 2nd string back or even 3rd we'll destroy that sorry excuse of a team. Four weeks to go and your team is falling apart heading into the playoffs. You will be one and done this year unless you get lucky and play the 2nd wildcard team then maybe you'll actually taste one victory this postseason

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Saying your secondary is good because you have one good player back there is like saying we have a good offensive line because Carey is having a good year. Typical bandwagon Patsy talk. Oh I'm sorry I forgot Ellis Hobbs. Now there's a pro Bowl corner if ever there was one:lol: Who's replacing Harrison, James Sanders that second year bust? Artrell Hawkins at FS is probably your second best defensive back :sidelol: . That's all one needs to know about your secondary. Oh maybe Chad Scott might come in and help out if the AARP lets him

Hell Troy Brown can play in our secondary and do well against Joey (Rex) Harrington. Now Hawkins is not to shabby too I see. Well what is it going to do to you when that sorry secondary puts a beating on your WR's and joey (Rex) throws another couple of int's? lmao you are too funny. Hobbs maybe young but heck he only has to defend against Rex oh i mean Joey. Sorry I get those two guys mixed up all the time. I never said our secondary was great but they certainly aren't sorry and are better than what your team is fielding. By the way you looked those guys up real fast good to see you now how to use a search engine.

The 21st century has been your best era and yet you have only taken the series one year in what is our worst era. :lol: Just goes to prove the Dolphins at their worst are as good as the Patsies at their best. Even with us playing a 2nd string back or even 3rd we'll destroy that sorry excuse of a team. Four weeks to go and your team is falling apart heading into the playoffs. You will be one and done this year unless you get lucky and play the 2nd wildcard team then maybe you'll actually taste one victory this postseason

My team is falling apart? Easy to say from a fan of a team that never had it together to begin with. I can see you base the net worth of your team on the NE series lmao now that is funny. I'm glad it gives you a good feeling winning by two against our bench last season. Whoever we play in the playoffs one things for sure it won't be the dolphins cause they'll be home on the couch like they have the last several years.

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 01:05 PM

First, let me introduce myself. I'm a Colts fan, so naturally, I hope you guys beat the Pats on Sunday! BUT... it would be a mistake to think they're not for real. Yes, I know they lost some players and yes, I know some have injuries, but... As long as they have BB, Brady, Bruschi, Brown, Dillon, Maroney, well... you get my drift. Dec-Jan is when the Pats come on strong, and this year will be no exception. I haven't seen the Dolphins play much this year, so I can't speculate too much on how you'll match up with them. But Harrington vs Brady doesn't sound too good to me. And Saban vs BB? Well... I'm not sold on Saban yet, then again, I don't have much to base a real opinion on.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi, hope you win, hope there's no serious injuries on either team, but don't take em too lightly, in spite of last week's game against the Lions. That was NOT indicative of this Pats team!

I should have known one of the few post rooted in reality and its from a colts fan.

adamprez2003
12-05-2006, 01:10 PM

You're right that traditionally the Patriots come on strong in December but this year they simply dont have the horses to do anything. They have one receiver playing well (Caldwell) good tight ends and Maroney. The running game poses no problems to us, it plays to our strength on defense. The receiving corps is one of the few in the NFL that poses no problems to us. The Tight Ends and Maroney out of the backfield are our only challenge. Their offensive line shows up one week and disappears the next. Which one shows up this week?

Defensively Wolfork is a beast on the line and Warren has played well. Seymour is a shell of his former self. Bruschi and Colvin play well but losing Seau kills them because the replacement is below par. Samuel is the only defensive back worth anything back there. Its a wounded team limping into December

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 01:18 PM
You're right that traditionally the Patriots come on strong in December but this year they simply dont have the horses to do anything. They have one receiver playing well (Caldwell) good tight ends and Maroney. The running game poses no problems to us, it plays to our strength on defense. The receiving corps is one of the few in the NFL that poses no problems to us. The Tight Ends and Maroney out of the backfield are our only challenge. Their offensive line shows up one week and disappears the next. Which one shows up this week?

Defensively Wolfork is a beast on the line and Warren has played well. Seymour is a shell of his former self. Bruschi and Colvin play well but losing Seau kills them because the replacement is below par. Samuel is the only defensive back worth anything back there. Its a wounded team limping into December

After reading that I know you either haven't seen a game or you haven't paid attention if you did see one. :sidelol:
Seymour is a shell of his former self? :sidelol:
Seau's replacement (Mike Vrabel) is below par? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:
The Tight Ends and Maroney out of the backfield are our only challenge? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Stop your killing me here! :sidelol: :sidelol:

adamprez2003
12-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Hell Troy Brown can play in our secondary and do well against Joey (Rex) Harrington. Now Hawkins is not to shabby too I see. Well what is it going to do to you when that sorry secondary puts a beating on your WR's and joey (Rex) throws another couple of int's? lmao you are too funny. Hobbs maybe young but heck he only has to defend against Rex oh i mean Joey. Sorry I get those two guys mixed up all the time. I never said our secondary was great but they certainly aren't sorry and are better than what your team is fielding. By the way you looked those guys up real fast good to see you now how to use a search engine.

My team is falling apart? Easy to say from a fan of a team that never had it together to begin with. I can see you base the net worth of your team on the NE series lmao now that is funny. I'm glad it gives you a good feeling winning by two against our bench last season. Whoever we play in the playoffs one things for sure it won't be the dolphins cause they'll be home on the couch like they have the last several years.

Our dynasty team sent a ton of players into the hall. When all is said and done who you guys gonna send - Brady and Vinatieri:sidelol: . Wow, the stuff of legend. The field goal dynasty is over. Once you got rid of your MVP and let him go to the Colts your sad excuse of a franchise was doomed. Face it without Vinitieri you dont even have one ring:sidelol:

As for us, we're still rebuilding from the Wannstedt mess. Next year is the first where all the Pornstache garbage is gone. You guys are loaded with draft picks. Lets hope you can do better than Chad Jackson and James Sanders:sidelol:
Maybe you'll be able to put up a fight

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Our dynasty team sent a ton of players into the hall. When all is said and done who you guys gonna send - Brady and Vinatieri:sidelol: . Wow, the stuff of legend. The field goal dynasty is over. Once you got rid of your MVP and let him go to the Colts your sad excuse of a franchise was doomed. Face it without Vinitieri you dont even have one ring:sidelol:

As for us, we're still rebuilding from the Wannstedt mess. Next year is the first where all the Pornstache garbage is gone. You guys are loaded with draft picks. Lets hope you can do better than Chad Jackson and James Sanders:sidelol:
Maybe you'll be able to put up a fight

So are you saying that next season you'll win the east and the super bowl...like this season. :sidelol:

Standard Dolphin operating procedure, when confronted with reality always revert back to 1972. It has no bearing on today but it probably helps you sleep better at night.

PhinsRock
12-05-2006, 01:25 PM

Wow, least amount of intelligence within a post I've seen on FinHeaven. Congrats you just made it onto my iggy list, can't imagine why I would ever want to read another of your posts.

adamprez2003
12-05-2006, 01:31 PM
After reading that I know you either haven't seen a game or you haven't paid attention if you did see one. :sidelol:
Seymour is a shell of his former self? :sidelol:
Seau's replacement (Mike Vrabel) is below par?
The Tight Ends and Maroney out of the backfield are our only challenge? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Sounds like Ive watched more games of the Patriots than you:sidelol: Typical. Vrabel is better suited at OLB. Any Pats fan with thye slightest intelligence will tell you that. You guys slid him inside and replaced him with Banta Cain:sidelol: . The best thing that guy has going for him is his name. And if you believe Seymour is the terrror he used to be you need meds

adamprez2003
12-05-2006, 01:33 PM
So are you saying that next season you'll win the east and the super bowl...like this season. :sidelol:

Standard Dolphin operating procedure, when confronted with reality always revert back to 1972. It has no bearing on today but it probably helps you sleep better at night.

As 2004 has any more relevance than 1972:lol:

cka203
12-05-2006, 01:39 PM
The Fins just better hope Harrison's not back. He improves the defense 100% just by stepping onto the field. And... Brady NEVER has two bad games in a row. Joey's in biiiig trouble......

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Sounds like Ive watched more games of the Patriots than you:sidelol: Typical. Vrabel is better suited at OLB. Any Pats fan with thye slightest intelligence will tell you that. You guys slid him inside and replaced him with Banta Cain:sidelol: . The best thing that guy has going for him is his name. And if you believe Seymour is the terrror he used to be you need meds

Vrable can do fine at either ILB or OLB. So 2 ints in his first start at ILB is below par to you? Seymour is still a force to be reckoned with and its the main reason Warrens numbers are up. Let me know if you don't understand why that is and I'll explain it to you. You present a very week argument as usual.

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 01:42 PM
As 2004 has any more relevance than 1972:lol:

Exactly my point trouble is its miami fans like you that revert back to both 04 and 72 cause I certainly haven't.

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 01:45 PM
The Fins just better hope Harrison's not back. He improves the defense 100% just by stepping onto the field. And... Brady NEVER has two bad games in a row. Joey's in biiiig trouble......

Wow I must say its quite refreshing to meet someone like you over here in sea world. :up:

Wandering Athol
12-05-2006, 01:49 PM
I'd be surprised if this wasn't a close game. The Pats are not playing particularly well, and the Fins always give them trouble. I think the keys will be: can the Miami O-line give Harrington time to look downfield? and can the Miami front SEVEN stop the Pats' running game?

One thing for certain: the Pats won't be looking past Miami like I think they did with Detroit.

rick32883
12-05-2006, 01:51 PM

answer: see 4-12 season

cka203
12-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Wow I must say its quite refreshing to meet someone like you over here in sea world. :up:

Thanks! I call em as I see em. Don't get me wrong, as a Colts fan, I'd love to see the Fins give you a big-time ***-whuppin! But, as a football fan and a realist, I also think they'd better bring their A-game and hope the Pats have an off day.

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 01:57 PM
I'd be surprised if this wasn't a close game. The Pats are not playing particularly well, and the Fins always give them trouble. I think the keys will be: can the Miami O-line give Harrington time to look downfield? and can the Miami front SEVEN stop the Pats' running game?

One thing for certain: the Pats won't be looking past Miami like I think they did with Detroit.

I think anytime Belichick gets a second bite at the apple he does a much better job with the game plan. Buffalo has given us a close game the 1st meeting of the season for years yet the second time we play them we usually pound them. I agree the Pats will not be looking past Miami this weekend.

adamprez2003
12-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Vrable can do fine at either ILB or OLB. So 2 ints in his first start at ILB is below par to you? Seymour is still a force to be reckoned with and its the main reason Warrens numbers are up. Let me know if you don't understand why that is and I'll explain it to you. You present a very week argument as usual.

He aint getting two ints versus us that's for sure. Is he even going to play or are you going to bring in Larry Izzo:sidelol: or is it Don Davis:sidelol: Keep telling yourself Seymour is a force with his busted elbow. What's going to be youir excuse when we beat you guys this Sunday? Typical no knowledge Patsy fan.

Mike13
12-05-2006, 02:01 PM

Go Patriots!

They may not have the same view because there are only a fe guys left from then. But they are pissed, and an angry team is very dangerous.
You gys may be a good road team, but this game is in Miami, It will be hot as hell, and Brady has a habit of laying sub-par against us.
It will be a tough fought game though.

I don't think the Patriots have ever blown this team out.

rdhstlr23
12-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Anybody that thinks the team won't have the guts just hasn't watched this team the past 2 years. Under Saban, I haven't seen us ever give up. If we had no guts do you think we put together a 6 game win streak last year, or a 4 game win streak this year? Do you think we'd still manage to come back in games to make it a game at the end? I mean the problem is starting strong, both to the season and in games. Before Jacksonville, we hadn't scored a TD on our opening drive in the past 16 games!!

The Patriots game will be a good game. We have the passion, heart, and the talent to compete with them. That's why it's always a good game. We always seem to be able to have a pretty good gameplan against them. Our DLine usually really beats up their OLine. We'll see if that happens again. What makes the Patriots great is that they are just a great "TEAM". I honestly believe we have more talent, but we don't have the same chemsitry, and team concept the Patriots do. They're like the Yankees in the Dynasty years...you can bring in whomever, big name or not, and they immediately learn their role and that's the only thing they try to accomplish. It really is awesome. I'm certainly jealous of it from a Dolphins perspective. I hope we win, although I can't gaurantee it. Only thing I can gaurantee is that Miami will come out with passion and will give the Patriots their best shot.

adamprez2003
12-05-2006, 02:04 PM

Give it up already. The two of you have had your little lovefest on Patriots Planet for the last hour. I wouldnt even have bothered responding other than I was looking to see some injury updates. If you're going to troll at least be man enough to do it on your own without bringing in Colts fans to help you out. Truly pathetic and its a sad reflection on your fan base who generally are alot more knowledgeable and insightful that the trash you dump here

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19536&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

adamprez2003
12-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks! I call em as I see em. Don't get me wrong, as a Colts fan, I'd love to see the Fins give you a big-time ***-whuppin! But, as a football fan and a realist, I also think they'd better bring their A-game and hope the Pats have an off day.

I've spoken to you in the past and have had good conversations. Dont lower yourself to his pathetic level and come trolling around here. You want to offer insight that's fine we're more than happy to hear from other fans but dont pull some high scholl crap and work in tandem with this troll

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Your continual annoying posts has won you some time off

He aint getting two ints versus us that's for sure. Is he even going to play or are you going to bring in Larry Izzo:sidelol: or is it Don Davis:sidelol: Keep telling yourself Seymour is a force with his busted elbow. What's going to be youir excuse when we beat you guys this Sunday? Typical no knowledge Patsy fan.

Of course he'll play this is Vrabel were talking about. What do you think he is another Ronnie Brown? :sidelol:

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Give it up already. The two of you have had your little lovefest on Patriots Planet for the last hour. I wouldnt even have bothered responding other than I was looking to see some injury updates. If you're going to troll at least be man enough to do it on your own without bringing in Colts fans to help you out. Truly pathetic and its a sad reflection on your fan base who generally are alot more knowledgeable and insightful that the trash you dump here

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19536&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Sure you were over there trying to find out the names of our secondary. Mister knowledge alright. :sidelol:

adamprez2003
12-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Sure you were over there trying to find out the names of our secondary. Mister knowledge alright. :sidelol:

Like you guys even know who plays in your secondary :sidelol: :sidelol: All you know uis what issue of Honcho Brady is in

cka203
12-05-2006, 02:14 PM
I've spoken to you in the past and have had good conversations. Dont lower yourself to his pathetic level and come trolling around here. You want to offer insight that's fine we're more than happy to hear from other fans but dont pull some high scholl crap and work in tandem with this troll

I don't believe I've said anything "trollish" or "high school". :confused:

adamprez2003
12-05-2006, 02:15 PM
I don't believe I've said anything "trollish" or "high school". :confused:

Then why the pretense that this wasnt planned on the part of you two

Wandering Athol
12-05-2006, 02:19 PM
I think anytime Belichick gets a second bite at the apple he does a much better job with the game plan. Buffalo has given us a close game the 1st meeting of the season for years yet the second time we play them we usually pound them.

How'd that second bite against the Jets taste?

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Well adam tell your self what ever it is that makes you feel good about our team. It's just too bad that most if not all the points you threw out to support your argument were fly by the seat of your pants BS. You know and I know it and even the colts fans know it. It will no doubt be a good game sunday as all of the teams in the east play each other tough but the reason we all play each other tough is we get to play 2 games against each other each season so each team knows the other better than teams out of the east divsion. We have a few players banged up and so do you so we'll just have to square off sunday and see whats what. I have a feeling this old broken down sorry Pats team is going to show you they are far from dead.
Good luck sunday :wink:

adamprez2003
12-05-2006, 02:23 PM

Only slightly less bitter than the one they'll taste on Sunday:lol:

MR NFLFAN
12-05-2006, 02:24 PM

It wasn't good but that was Mangina and the jets, we are talking Saban and the fish here.

adamprez2003
12-05-2006, 02:25 PM
Well adam tell your self what ever it is that makes you feel good about our team. It's just too bad that most if not all the points you threw out to support your argument were fly by the seat of your pants BS. You know and I know it and even the colts fans know it. It will no doubt be a good game sunday as all of the teams in the east play each other tough but the reason we all play each other tough is we get to play 2 games against each other each season so each team knows the other better than teams out of the east divsion. We have a few players banged up and so do you so we'll just have to square off sunday and see whats what. I have a feeling this old broken down sorry Pats team is going to show you they are far from dead.

Fair enough. Bring your best game, we'll bring ours and we'll see where the chips fall

Mike13
12-05-2006, 02:30 PM
What do you think he is another Ronnie Brown? :sidelol:

That would off happened to any RB in that situation.

It was a freak incident.

cka203
12-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Then why the pretense that this wasnt planned on the part of you two

All in good fun, believe me. And I meant every word I said. But... now I have to go to a meeting, so my fun is over. Again, hope you guys have a good game, no injuries, and beat those pesky Patriots.

Mike13
12-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Why is this in the depths?

BwanaZulia
12-05-2006, 05:13 PM
I sure hope so.

BZ

BwanaZulia
12-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Why is this in the depths?

<----- :)

BZ

phishfan4life
12-05-2006, 09:48 PM
I think we have a shot. The phins have played the Pats tough every game the last couple of years, and that defense is in Brady's head. He always seems to be a little distracted when he plays the Dolphins. Not saying we will win, but I think we have a good shot.:dolphins:

Link
12-05-2006, 09:52 PM
It depends which Dolphins shows up. If its the one that played the Bears the Patriots will have to play their best game to have a chance. If it is the one that showed up against the Jaguars the Patriots will have to play very bad for us to have a chance.

PatriotReign
12-05-2006, 10:16 PM
I don't think this thread belongs in the Depths so I'll refrain from the smack.

I honestly think the Fins have a good chance of winning for a few reasons. Your D has given Brady fits as much or more than any other team, the Pats have played uneven all year, the fins have nothing to lose while the Pats may play "not to lose"...

I don't think your O will be much of a factor but then again I thought that about Detroit and Kitna looked like a Pro Bowler for 3 quarters.

In a way do you guys hope to lose from here on out to ensure you'll get Brady Quinn????

Mike13
12-05-2006, 10:53 PM
In a way do you guys hope to lose from here on out to ensure you'll get Brady Quinn????

I never hope for my team to lose
Anyways The Lions should take Quinn with the No.1 pick, but Matt Millen will **** it up for them.

adamprez2003
12-10-2006, 06:31 PM

hey there mr nflfan put that in your pipe and smoke it. I'm really mad at myself for giving you those three points. I underestimated our defense:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

adamprez2003
12-10-2006, 06:32 PM

just goes to show you how unkowledgeable this mo is when it comes to football

TotoreMexico
12-10-2006, 06:33 PM

Open mouth -----> insert foot

adamprez2003
12-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Hell Troy Brown can play in our secondary and do well against Joey (Rex) Harrington. Now Hawkins is not to shabby too I see. Well what is it going to do to you when that sorry secondary puts a beating on your WR's and joey (Rex) throws another couple of int's? lmao you are too funny. Hobbs maybe young but heck he only has to defend against Rex oh i mean Joey. Sorry I get those two guys mixed up all the time. I never said our secondary was great but they certainly aren't sorry and are better than what your team is fielding.

has there ever been a more clueless pats fan?:lol: :lol: :lol: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

adamprez2003
12-10-2006, 06:39 PM
After reading that I know you either haven't seen a game or you haven't paid attention if you did see one.
Seymour is a shell of his former self?
Seau's replacement (Mike Vrabel) is below par?

the laughs just keep on coming. Vrabel was a beast out there today or was that bust?:lol: :lol: was that seymour with all those sacks:lol: :lol: maybe you need to watch your team before commenting on their players

Mike13
12-11-2006, 03:56 PM
21-0, did we have the guts? You bet your *** we did!

FinFan_Est.1984
12-11-2006, 07:06 PM
You know what is worse than MR NFL Fan?? All of the so-called Fin Fans that doubt what this Dolphin team can do. You all know who you are....... Next is Buffallo..........:dolphins:

TotoreMexico
12-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Where's Mr Douchebag?

adamprez2003
12-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Where's Mr Douchebag?

probably in front of his Brady poster crying "Why Tom? Why!"

TotoreMexico
12-11-2006, 09:44 PM
probably in front of his Brady poster crying "Why Tom? Why!"

:lol:

nikeair497
12-12-2006, 02:28 AM
just keep bumping it and everyone attach a lil stick-em to their monitor noteing: Post this link when he shows up on the forum or any other."

steeda
12-12-2006, 01:43 PM

ahahahaha :sidelol: