PDA

View Full Version : Who will replace Coker at U M?

PHANTASTIC 13
12-05-2006, 01:21 AM
Here was my choice...too late now...the Spartans of Michigan State signed him as their next coach.
Cincinnati went 7-5 under Dantonio, who took the job at Michigan State. The Bearcats accepted a berth in the inaugural International Bowl on Jan. 6 in Toronto. Defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi, who interviewed for the job, has been running the team during the interim.

Dantonio coordinated Ohio State's national championship defense before he arrived on campus and started rebuilding a program that moved into the Big East for the last two seasons. Even though the Bearcats were starting to win, they couldn't draw many fans, which was a factor in Dantonio leaving.

Another guy who is still out there who I think would be great for the Hurricanes is West Virginia's Rich Rodriguez, he is very good on offense using multiple formations and spread offense, which helps the running game. I think he is one of the best offensive minds in the game right now along with Jim Tressel who makes great adjustments during the game and can game plan as good as anyone out there.

305TillIDie
12-05-2006, 01:22 AM
Randy.Shannon.

let the guy stay home..without Shannon on this staff, this Defense will fall apart

he'll recruit south florida like no other coach..he knows the high schools here and he have great relationships with high school coaches in the south florida area

PHANTASTIC 13
12-05-2006, 01:38 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with that,(hiring Randy Shannon) sometimes it's best to stay inside the program and hire within. :cooldude:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-05-2006, 08:18 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with that,(hiring Randy Shannon) sometimes it's best to stay inside the program and hire within. :cooldude:
worked with coker!

Motion
12-05-2006, 09:37 AM
I hear Jeff Bowden is available. :D

finfansince72
12-05-2006, 10:09 AM
They are going to have to find a coordinator or someone already there, none of the top canidates out there want this job. The job sucks, you can win a title, have big seasons, then have a couple of rough years and become the south florida whipping boy. This job sucks right now, if someone already has a decent job they arent leaving it for this job.

dolphinsfan69
12-05-2006, 10:10 AM
I'm hearing Mike Leach from Texas Tech...

kpcane
12-05-2006, 10:30 AM
worked with coker!

It sure did...he has as many national titles as Spurrier, Zook, and Meyer combined.

Kdawg954
12-05-2006, 10:46 AM
It sure did...he has as many national titles as Spurrier, Zook, and Meyer combined.

lmao

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-05-2006, 10:48 AM
he's soon to have more MPC Computers Bowl titles, too. if you can beat nevada, that is.

Majpain
12-05-2006, 10:52 AM
Oj?

bigmiamifan
12-05-2006, 11:32 AM
My issue with Leach is he doesn't coach a NFL pro style offense and that concerns me. I don't mind Shannon just who does he get for the offense is my question?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-05-2006, 11:36 AM
maybe a change from the pro-style offense would be a good thing. this is college afterall.

Oboy
12-05-2006, 12:09 PM
As of last week, before the latest with Schiano (sp?) turning UM down... One of the radio personalities who is pretty responsible as a reporter was saying there were just two canidates UM was considering. Schiano and Shannon. Now that one of those is out, I would assume that means the job is Shannon's. However, maybe they are looking at more candidates now?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-05-2006, 12:13 PM
i haven't heard jim leavitt's name in a little while. is he still a possibility?

finswin56
12-05-2006, 12:45 PM
i haven't heard jim leavitt's name in a little while. is he still a possibility?ESPN reported that he's removed his name from any coaching hire lists. Says he wants to stay at USF.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-05-2006, 12:52 PM
:woot:

Motion
12-05-2006, 01:10 PM
[/URL]
Texas Tech coach Mike Leach had an informal discussion later Monday with University of Miami athletic director Paul Dee in New York (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16165596.htm), where both are visiting for the National Football Foundation's College Football Hall of Fame Induction tonight at the Waldorf Astoria, according to a person close to Leach and his coaching situation, as well as another person involved with college coaching. Leach, 45, is in New York with his wife, Sharon. It is believed that Leach's agent, Gary O'Hagan, had previous contact with Dee, and that Leach is very enthusiastic about the job opportunity. ... [U]It is not known if Leach is the top UM candidate because Texas Christian coach Gary Patterson also could be in the mix. Patterson was not in New York as of Monday, and according to TCU spokesman Mark Cohen, was out recruiting today.

www.benmaller.com

kpcane
12-05-2006, 02:03 PM
he's soon to have more MPC Computers Bowl titles, too. if you can beat nevada, that is.

Why stop there? He has as many BCS wins as the three of them combined as well (if you count Meyer's BCS win with Utah).

kpcane
12-05-2006, 02:04 PM

Why are you cheering? Shannon becoming the head coach down here is the last thing Florida Gators fans want. He would blow Meyer out of the water as far as recruiting goes.

Motion
12-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Why are you cheering? Shannon becoming the head coach down here is the last thing Florida Gators fans want. He would blow Meyer out of the water as far as recruiting goes.
Doubtful

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-05-2006, 02:17 PM
:rofl: uh huh. meyer is a better recruiter AND a better coach. and i'm cheering because i don't want jim leavitt to leave USF.

finswin56
12-05-2006, 02:27 PM
:rofl: uh huh. meyer is a better recruiter AND a better coach. and i'm cheering because i don't want jim leavitt to leave USF.lol when people view every post as aimed at them.

kpcane
12-05-2006, 02:32 PM
:rofl: uh huh. meyer is a better recruiter AND a better coach. and i'm cheering because i don't want jim leavitt to leave USF.

Yeah, I know why you are cheering...I'm saying you want anybody but Randy Shannon. Gators fans are going to be in for a big, big shock, when Shannon starts cleaning up South Florida and more.
And yeah, I'll say it...him being black is going to bring a lot of recruits here. How many black head coaches are there? I can only think of Willingham.

Cuban Dave 9
12-05-2006, 02:33 PM
She went to USF...Like all Canes fans, they assume too much

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I know why you are cheering...I'm saying you want anybody but Randy Shannon. Gators fans are going to be in for a big, big shock, when Shannon starts cleaning up South Florida and more.
And yeah, I'll say it...him being black is going to bring a lot of recruits here. How many black head coaches are there? I can only think of Willingham.
i agree that he'll be a good recruiter. but the National Championship trophy we're going to get in a month will go a lot further with recruits than shannon being a brother.

IN-FIN-ITY
12-05-2006, 02:40 PM
i think a national title will attract more recruits ...

Motion
12-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Even a chance at a National Title will attract more recruits.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-05-2006, 02:49 PM
well, i'm sure there are plenty of potential recruits throughout the state of florida who want a chance to play in Idaho in December.

kpcane
12-05-2006, 03:15 PM
i agree that he'll be a good recruiter. but the National Championship trophy we're going to get in a month will go a lot further with recruits than shannon being a brother.

Oh yeah? Your 2nd national championship? Yeah I guess our 5 will have no impact at all. I think our history of being the gateway to the NFL, and our 5 national titles, will play a larger role than UF being the 'best' of the one-loss teams. Don't forget the role the parents play in the recruit's decision. Shannon being a 'brother' will play a much larger role than you think.

NJFINSFAN1
12-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh yeah? Your 2nd national championship? Yeah I guess our 5 will have no impact at all. I think our history of being the gateway to the NFL, and our 5 national titles, will play a larger role than UF being the 'best' of the one-loss teams. Don't forget the role the parents play in the recruit's decision. Shannon being a 'brother' will play a much larger role than you think.

Yep, helped ya this year!:wink:

kpcane
12-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Even a chance at a National Title will attract more recruits.

You do the math.

5 national titles in 23 years, +1 other appearance in the BCS title game.

1 national title in 100 years, +1 appearance in the BCS title game.

Motion
12-05-2006, 03:19 PM

Well then that'd be a huge knock against Miami given all the violence this past season.

Most high profile recruits want to win now as well. A hot team always has an advantage.

Motion
12-05-2006, 03:19 PM
You do the math.

5 national titles in 23 years, +1 other appearance in the BCS title game.

1 national title in 100 years, +1 appearance in the BCS title game.
What have you done for me lately?

kpcane
12-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Yep, helped ya this year!:wink:

Yeah, this was one of the best defenses we've ever had.

kpcane
12-05-2006, 03:22 PM
What have you done for me lately?

Two BCS title appearances this decade...and you? Did you finally get your first after a bunch of bitchin and crying?

kpcane
12-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Well then that'd be a huge knock against Miami given all the violence this past season.

Most high profile recruits want to win now as well. A hot team always has an advantage.

"All the violence"? please...that could have happened anywhere.

NJFINSFAN1
12-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Yeah, this was one of the best defenses we've ever had.

I'll give you one thing, you look for bright spots on a sinking ship captain!

:titanic:

Motion
12-05-2006, 03:25 PM
"All the violence"? please...that could have happened anywhere.
But it didn't

And yes, 2 on field brawls and a player shot and killed is more violence than most schools go through in a lifetime, let alone 1 season.

Motion
12-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Two BCS title appearances this decade...and you? Did you finally get your first after a bunch of bitchin and crying?

:lol: Just admit your on a down swing. Its not gonna get better over night.

kpcane
12-05-2006, 03:28 PM
I'll give you one thing, you look for bright spots on a sinking ship captain!

:titanic:

Do you know a thing about football...at all? Phillips, Meriweather, Atkins, Beason, are all top tier players, and should be first round picks. Calais Campbell emerged as a premier player this year, and our inexperienced corners played better than expected. Argue the numbers this defense has put up...please.

kpcane
12-05-2006, 03:28 PM
:lol: Just admit your on a down swing. Its not gonna get better over night.

We're not on a downswing. We have the talent, the coaches just aren't doing the right things with it.

NJFINSFAN1
12-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Do you know a thing about football...at all? Phillips, Meriweather, Atkins, Beason, are all top tier players, and should be first round picks. Calais Campbell emerged as a premier player this year, and our inexperienced corners played better than expected. Argue the numbers this defense has put up...please.

It seems I know a ton more then you at this point!

And I was not talking about you defense, but the Miami program, please get your fact straight for once.

kpcane
12-05-2006, 03:55 PM
It seems I know a ton more then you at this point!

And I was not talking about you defense, but the Miami program, please get your fact straight for once.

Well maybe when you interrupt somebody's conversation about Randy Shannon and his impact on the Miami defense and the recruiting of that defense, then you should alert the people you are interrupting.

Btw- what's the 'ton more' that you know?

NJFINSFAN1
12-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Well maybe when you interrupt somebody's conversation about Randy Shannon and his impact on the Miami defense and the recruiting of that defense, then you should alert the people you are interrupting.

Btw- what's the 'ton more' that you know?

Interrupting???????????????????:sidelol:

On the web???????????????????:sidelol:

kpcane
12-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Interrupting???????????????????:sidelol:

On the web???????????????????:sidelol:

Making a point and contributing to the conversation?????????????????:sidelol:

NJFINSFAN1???????????????????:sidelol:

NJFINSFAN1
12-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Making a point and contributing to the conversation?????????????????:sidelol:

NJFINSFAN1???????????????????:sidelol:

We all contribute, your just throw Miami propaganda out.

Kind of reminds me of an OSU fan that use to be here.

Looks like you boy Shannon is not getting the job if reports are right.

Motion
12-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Bernie Kosar?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6243858

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 10:37 AM
wounldnt he be an interesting hire, not much coaching experience but he would sure recruit some QBs

finswin56
12-06-2006, 12:17 PM
The chances of that working out for the U are not very good.
I'm sure Kosar would do a nice job of cleaning up the program, but taking over the head job at a major university with NC expectations and no coaching experience is a horrible combinations.

bigmiamifan
12-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Well, Bernie would have Shannon and Trestman running most things so Bernie would just make the final call on things. Tho I would rather him have some type of coaching experience.

Vertical Limit
12-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Say no to Bernie Kosar. Are you kidding me? This guy has been seperated from football in quite some time now. How random of him to come out of no where saying he's interested in the UM job.

You may as well hire Ken Dorsey; atleast he's been around football more recent than Bernie Kosar. :lol:

NJFINSFAN1
12-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Well, Bernie would have Shannon and Trestman running most things so Bernie would just make the final call on things. Tho I would rather him have some type of coaching experience.

I'm Shannon, and they hire Kosar, I'm coaching someplace else! That would be a smack to his face hiring someone with no coaching experince like that.

NJFINSFAN1
12-06-2006, 04:02 PM
PS, they just said that UM called Kosar, he did not call them on ESPN radio.

Oboy
12-06-2006, 04:14 PM
As a Gator fan, I hope UM hires Kosar! That would just sink UM further into the depths of college football.

Seriously though, if you are Shannon, isn't this enough of a slap in the face to say screw you UM, I'm going to Bama. Or anywhere else that has an open coaching job...

Timmy54
12-06-2006, 04:15 PM
I wonder if Shannon has been considered for the BAMA job, might be a tough one to buy as his first head coach job. At least at UM if he became the man, he would already have the lay of the land.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-06-2006, 04:50 PM
how can other schools NOT be interested? anyone with ties to south florida is good ANYwhere, especially as much as shannon has.

RiderOnTheStorm
12-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Bernie Kosar?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6243858

Surely not? They wouldnt appoint someone with zilch coaching experience would they ? I could see him in some sort of presidential role but coaching, no chance.

Hasnt there been talk about Capers taking the role once the season has ended? Is Shannon the bookies fav?

HurriPhin
12-07-2006, 03:23 PM
I hope we bring in Mike Leach and that incredible offensive mind of his. Can you imagine the Texas Tech offense paired with Miami's D. Yowzers!

Although I would rather see Shannon get the head coaching job, I just don't see Mike Leach leaving a HC position to step down to offensive coordinator.

Motion
12-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Bama's talks with Rodriguez forcing Miami's hand

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2689783

bigmiamifan
12-07-2006, 07:53 PM
What's so hot about Rodriguez? His ,record isn't that hot.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-07-2006, 08:31 PM
i dunno, maybe it's because he's a great coach and he turned WVU into a Sugar Bowl winning team with a near unstoppable offense. i could be wrong.

DonShula84
12-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Randy Shannon got the job, it's on the ESPN ticker

DonShula84
12-07-2006, 10:26 PM
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16189333.htm

Alex44
12-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Randy Shannon got the job, it's on the ESPN ticker

Im very very very happy

305TillIDie
12-07-2006, 10:29 PM
:woot: :woot: :woot:

Celtkin
12-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Join us at Canesheaven.com (http://www.canesheaven.com/forums/) to discuss the hiring of Randy Shannon at the new HC at THE U

HysterikiLL
12-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Join us at Canesheaven.com (http://www.canesheaven.com/forums/) to discuss the hiring of Randy Shannon at the new HC at THE U

:spam:

:chuckle: I kid, I kid

Celtkin
12-07-2006, 11:00 PM

:chuckle: I kid, I kid

My brother !

finswin56
12-08-2006, 12:17 AM
:sidelol: