PDA

View Full Version : Dan Marino Records Bio

PHAZINPHINZPHAN
12-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Thought this might be a interesting read for some. Im sure most others know. But for the young ones they might want to know why us ol timers are so spoiled at the QB position and expect greatness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Marino

dolpns13
12-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Thought this might be a interesting read for some. Im sure most others know. But for the young ones they might want to know why us ol timers are so spoiled at the QB position and expect greatness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Marino

Old timers? Speak for yourself :evil: :D

dominizzo
12-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Favre will break his TD record!!

Breees Is on pace to beat passing yards

RenoFinFan
12-05-2006, 01:53 PM
The good old days!!!

Interesting...Dan started 240 of 242 games played. I remember his 1st game played was against the Raiders on a Monday Night when he played in the second half and promptly led Miami to two TDs. Can't remember the second game he came in off the bench. Must have been a game JJ coached. Anyone remember?

Farmer
12-05-2006, 01:55 PM

Favre needs 9 more TDs to tie him, is that correct? i doubt he'll get that this year!

Dolfan4life!
12-05-2006, 03:52 PM

Favre will likely break the interception record before he breaks the TD record.
Brees is not on pace to break the Season yardage record, BTW.

dominizzo
12-05-2006, 04:39 PM

I think he can if he has 4 more huge games of 400 yards !! Which is noit outta reach

Dolfan4life!
12-05-2006, 06:11 PM
I think he can if he has 4 more huge games of 400 yards !! Which is noit outta reach
If he has 4 games of 400 yds passing in a row he will have the record. It's never been done, so we can't assume he will do it. Brees currently has 3649 yards passing, which averages out to 304 yards per game (3649/12). At this rate he will finish the year with 4865 yards passing, some 219 yards short of Marino's all-time record of 5084. He will need to average 359 yards passing in his last 4 games to break the record. So, as you see he is not on pace to break the record.

Roman529
12-05-2006, 06:22 PM

Selfish Favre is never going to retire...so you go ahead and pass Dan up....we all know Dan was a better QB than you. I am sure Peyton Manning will have all the records when he is done. It's ok though...I got to watch Dan Marino play for 17 years and he will always be #1 to me.

Dolfan4life!
12-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Selfish Favre is never going to retire...so you go ahead and pass Dan up....we all know Dan was a better QB than you. I am sure Peyton Manning will have all the records when he is done. It's ok though...I got to watch Dan Marino play for 17 years and he will always be #1 to me.
Amen.

shanem40
12-05-2006, 07:28 PM
do you think we can get can to comebacl next year....... whoooooooooo one more year

Finole
12-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Favre needs 9 more TDs to tie him, is that correct? i doubt he'll get that this year!

It's going to come down to the wire. The Packers remaining schedule...

at SF
Detroit at home
Minnesota at home
at Chicago

SF has allowed 20 TDs thus far this season making them 27th in TDs allowed.
Detroit has allowed 19 TDs making them 26th.
Minny has only allowed 12 TDs making them 7th.
And Chicago has only allowed 8 TDs. Currently in a 3-way tie with the Pats and the Broncos for 1st.

The next few weeks are going to be interesting.

Also, Favre only need 36 more completions to pass Marino for career completions.

Jets2k5
12-05-2006, 07:46 PM

During 14 campaigns under center for Green Bay, Favre has led Packers to 10 postseason appearances, including six division crowns, three NFC Championship Games, two Super Bowls and a World Championship with a victory in Super Bowl XXXI.

How many rings does Danny have? How was his last playoff game?

He was a selfish player more concerned with his personal records and legacy than the Dolphins winning a championship.

Same thing will happen with Peyton - he'll end up w/all the records but no rings.

NJL52
12-05-2006, 07:51 PM
During 14 campaigns under center for Green Bay, Favre has led Packers to 10 postseason appearances, including six division crowns, three NFC Championship Games, two Super Bowls and a World Championship with a victory in Super Bowl XXXI.

He was a selfish player more concerned with his personal records and legacy than the Dolphins winning a championship.

Same thing will happen with Peyton - he'll end up w/all the records but no rings.

Ironic that you are calling Marino selfish when Favre is only still playing to break Marino's records while destroying the GB franchise. But what can ya expect form a jets fan...

Finole
12-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Do not circumvent the profanity filter!

Quick Release
12-05-2006, 08:01 PM

You, sir, are an a$$hole!!!

Mike13
12-05-2006, 09:26 PM

Oh do know him personally? Nice try dumbass.