PDA

View Full Version : 360 Red Ring of Lights

finattic79
12-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Well I got the dreaded and called MS, they said I got to pay $140 to get it fixed cause I am out of warranty. Any other way to get it fixed without paying the cash?

Troysif
12-05-2006, 06:35 PM
wait whats wrong with your xbox, b.c ive got the red lights before to but nothing was wrong

finattic79
12-05-2006, 06:45 PM
It won't start up anymore. I was getting some video artifacting, but didn't think much of it, since it happened maybe twice. I ran the troubleshooting xbox site and that didn't help much at all. But i was lucky talking to some buds on MIRC if your MFR date was in 2005, MS is fixing them for free. Here is the article IGN article (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/734/734126p1.html) that I read about it. I'm on the phone right know with them and I'll update if they are going to take it back and fix it.

finattic79
12-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Well they are going to fix it for free. Guess I'm lucky that it was made in 05. I did ask the customer service guy why when I called an hour ago, that the tech didn't metion anything about getting the console fixed for free since it was manufactored in 05. He said they MS doesn't feel like they need to remind customers since they announced it a while back in Sept.

Troysif
12-05-2006, 06:54 PM
oh ok

Phin-o-rama
12-05-2006, 06:59 PM
that sucks dude...but glad they are fixing for free....

you will have an opportunity with the new one they send you to get a 2 year warranty for 60 bucks...i recommend doing that.

finattic79
12-05-2006, 07:18 PM
that sucks dude...but glad they are fixing for free....

you will have an opportunity with the new one they send you to get a 2 year warranty for 60 bucks...i recommend doing that.

Yeah i was planning on doing that for sure :D

darkmistress
12-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Well they are going to fix it for free. Guess I'm lucky that it was made in 05. I did ask the customer service guy why when I called an hour ago, that the tech didn't metion anything about getting the console fixed for free since it was manufactored in 05. He said they MS doesn't feel like they need to remind customers since they announced it a while back in Sept.

should have just told them you were going to buy a ps3 that probably would have made them work faster :chuckle:

I got the red lights after we had a power surge but ever since it seems to have fixed my hd problems :chuckle:

lazareth
12-05-2006, 11:10 PM
should have just told them you were going to buy a ps3 that probably would have made them work faster :chuckle:

I got the red lights after we had a power surge but ever since it seems to have fixed my hd problems :chuckle:sorry off topic...love the avy DM :yes:

JPhinfan86
12-07-2006, 09:25 PM
The good ole "3 Red Lights of Death" :lol: Happened to my buddy, he had a new 360 (via the warranty) within 6 days. Not too shabby.

spydertl79
12-11-2006, 02:44 AM
At the rate mine have been blowing up, I get a new warranty every 6 months.

Scatman
12-11-2006, 03:10 AM
you know what pisses me off...... that you actually have to buy a warranty for this thing.
dont get me wrong i love my 360, but the fact that a lot of people get the red rings means there fn up somewhere in the manufacturing process.....its not the way youve treated your machine or one bad egg. for the red rings replacement should be free...plain and simple its there mistake they should fix it and be happy about it.

now you gotta buy there freaking warranty just in case......cause who knows.