PDA

View Full Version : new mock draft

C-HUCKS
12-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Not sure how to make a link but the site is draftking.com. It has us picking Alan Branch from Michigan. I think this would be a great addition to the Defense.

D-Rock
12-05-2006, 09:59 PM
www.draftking.com

Ozfin77
12-05-2006, 10:05 PM
If that was the case, then would it be worth trying to trade up a few places to get Joe Thomas?

musphinzfan
12-05-2006, 10:12 PM
4 spots would cost to much....time to hopefully get some trade down partners to get into the lower part of the 1st if we can

sports24/7
12-05-2006, 10:12 PM
This is a guy I think Saban would love to have, but I think he'll be gone when we pick. Remember Saban really wanted Haloti Ngata last year. I think he really wants a young stud DT and Branch fits that mold. Unfortunately like I said I think he'll be gone before we pick.

DUB
12-05-2006, 10:18 PM
This is a guy I think Saban would love to have, but I think he'll be gone when we pick. Remember Saban really wanted Haloti Ngata last year. I think he really wants a young stud DT and Branch fits that mold. Unfortunately like I said I think he'll be gone before we pick.

He could be around, I think the big goal of this offseason is to acquire the personel to run a 3-4, branch would be a big step. Also, there is a big DT justin harrell from Tenn that could be there in the 2nd. We need size though, big LB, CB, WR, DT whatever the position.

AJW42083
12-05-2006, 11:03 PM
No way Notre Dame sends out that many in the 1st round!

WestCKoastiN
12-05-2006, 11:24 PM
thnx

adamprez2003
12-05-2006, 11:34 PM
although I would love to have Branch, if Brohm was available and we passed I would go ballistic

dahlmarino
12-06-2006, 12:34 AM
No way Notre Dame sends out that many in the 1st round!

Agreed. I wouldnt be surprised if Quinn is the only first rounder out of South Bend.

dominizzo
12-06-2006, 12:56 AM
I wouldn Mind Branch!! Wheres Ginn?

PhinFan0202
12-06-2006, 01:11 AM
although I would love to have Branch, if Brohm was available and we passed I would go ballistic

I doubt we get a QB in the first round. There is too many other needs on the team to take a QB that high.

Kyndig
12-06-2006, 06:53 AM
I know it depends on who's available and all when we pick, but we've got enough other holes that I think we should try and fill first. With Vickerson, Evans, and Roderique Wright, I think we have some youth at Tackle and we certainly have some veteran depth there assuming we resign some of our Vets at that position next year. Our Defensive Line is our strength, and we've got a few years left with the players we already have, plus some young players that we can start to work in there more next year.

I'd much rather see us take the best available Offensive Lineman with that first pick, whether it's an Offensive Tackle, or the Best Guard/Center available. It's an area of far greater need and picking at that spot, we should be able to get a pretty good Offensive Lineman, hopefully and instant starter...

phinking
12-06-2006, 07:18 AM
Miami should concentrate on a LT,CB and OLB in the draft if they can't fill them in free agency.

chewski
12-06-2006, 07:57 AM
I'm sure we can find a trade down partner with Jarret and Ginn stiil on the board. Someone will give up a first and 2nd to move up.

bert
12-06-2006, 10:28 AM
my sleeper pick is the qb from mich.heene i just think he is as good, if not better than all the rest.big-strong arm-can make all the throws.3round pick would be a steal.

Stitches
12-06-2006, 12:02 PM
my sleeper pick is the qb from mich.heene i just think he is as good, if not better than all the rest.big-strong arm-can make all the throws.3round pick would be a steal.

He's a junior, and not likely to come out, considering he has a good chance at being a 1st rounder next year. So I doubt he will even be there in the 3rd this year.

As for Alan Branch, I would love to get him. We have a lot of places where we could use the help. I am all for picking BPA(and factoring some need) when we pick. But pretty much we need a lot so ultimately it would just be the highest rated player on the board.

bert
12-06-2006, 04:58 PM
He's a junior, and not likely to come out, considering he has a good chance at being a 1st rounder next year. So I doubt he will even be there in the 3rd this year.

As for Alan Branch, I would love to get him. We have a lot of places where we could use the help. I am all for picking BPA(and factoring some need) when we pick. But pretty much we need a lot so ultimately it would just be the highest rated player on the board.thanks. my jack*** firedept mich fan told me he was a senior.sorry.i'm going to dog him for the rest of the shift now.

phins3454
12-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Brian Brohm is out of the picture, he already said he plans on staying or his senior year....although Vince Young said the same thing in the middle of the season last year...but he had won a Nation Championship, so I dont blame him for coming out early

oodolphins
12-08-2006, 07:58 PM

You better get ready to go ballistic. We are not taking him.

jim1
12-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Not sure how to make a link but the site is draftking.com. It has us picking Alan Branch from Michigan. I think this would be a great addition to the Defense.

I'd kind of like to see Ted Ginn, or a quality LT if one's available. I wonder if the C from Freno State Kyle Young would be worthy that high.

12-09-2006, 03:37 PM
There are a lot of needs on this team. I think we should start at the O-Line or the D-Line. But we can address those needs in Free agency since we will be below the cap amount by considerable bit.

TexanPhinatic
12-10-2006, 01:28 AM
QB all the way. Biggest need imo, especially looking at the big picture.

If nobody is around, OLine would be preference, then just BPA. If its WR id much rather have Jarret out of USC than Ginn.

But passing a franchise QB in round 1 would be stupid. Quinn if he drops and we are somehow in a position to nab him, Troy Smith, Brohm if he comes out, whatever.

We have NO idea what CPep will look like next year, and even if he is good hes not a long term solution. Harrington in no way should be anything mroe than an interim starter.

Clumpy
12-10-2006, 04:45 AM
I don't like the Bills pick of CB Hughes from Cal...........that guy has "Toast" written all over him

I would grab Samardzija :D

DEBO
12-10-2006, 11:13 AM
We have NO idea what CPep will look like next year, and even if he is good hes not a long term solution. Harrington in no way should be anything mroe than an interim starter.

Agreed. I'm interested to see who we actually have a chance at though. Tampa Bay, Detroit, and Cleveland will all probably pick a qb ahead of us.

IluvJuMiami
12-13-2006, 05:50 PM

I would seriously consider cutting my veins if the Phins went defense with the first pick in the draft.

ChambersWI
12-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Okoye?

I like the guy, and think he'll be a good DT in the NFL, but I don't know if he's a mid first round pick.

zachequalsgod
12-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Okoye?

I like the guy, and think he'll be a good DT in the NFL, but I don't know if he's a mid first round pick.

The thing about Okoye is he's only 19, which means he has plenty of time to get better and even grow, most guys are 19 when they are Seniors in HS or Freshman in college. He started as a 16 year old freshman in college. With that said, I don't like him as the Phin's first round pick. He's amazing, but D line is not our problem.

Vertical Limit
12-14-2006, 01:48 AM
I doubt we would let Wes Welker go, I think the organization and the coaching staff really likes him, but if we can't get a deal done with him, and another team overpays for him before the draft begins, I can see us drafting Ted Ginn Jr.

I hope Wes Welker gets signed soon though, along with Yeremiah Bell. Come on Saban, what are you waiting for!

TexanPhinatic
12-14-2006, 01:51 AM
The thing about Okoye is he's only 19, which means he has plenty of time to get better and even grow, most guys are 19 when they are Seniors in HS or Freshman in college. He started as a 16 year old freshman in college. With that said, I don't like him as the Phin's first round pick. He's amazing, but D line is not our problem.

I dont want my first round DT taking years to develop, I want an impact player who will step and dominate. Only exception is QB because of the incredible complexity of the position. Sitting a QB for a year isnt bad, but for other positions, id rather save projects for the later rounds and take proven commodities in the first who will come right in.

Still, us passing on Troy Smith would be a travesty. This mock is kinda crap I think, lots of misplaced people and lots of people in the round who really shouldnt be, or at least not as high as they are.

Joey 22
12-14-2006, 02:57 AM
I doubt we would let Wes Welker go, I think the organization and the coaching staff really likes him, but if we can't get a deal done with him, and another team overpays for him before the draft begins, I can see us drafting Ted Ginn Jr.

I hope Wes Welker gets signed soon though, along with Yeremiah Bell. Come on Saban, what are you waiting for!

Thay are both RFAs, there is no way tthey go anywhere, unless some one offers a VERY decent pick for either...

zachequalsgod
12-14-2006, 06:21 AM
I dont want my first round DT taking years to develop, I want an impact player who will step and dominate. Only exception is QB because of the incredible complexity of the position. Sitting a QB for a year isnt bad, but for other positions, id rather save projects for the later rounds and take proven commodities in the first who will come right in.

Still, us passing on Troy Smith would be a travesty. This mock is kinda crap I think, lots of misplaced people and lots of people in the round who really shouldnt be, or at least not as high as they are.

I think that he could step in and be an impact player, but I'm just saying that he is only going to get better with time.

NJFINSFAN1
12-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Okoye?

My believe is he will be an all-pro! The kid is 19 and a stud!

Dolfan11
12-14-2006, 02:25 PM
I just don't see how we would draft a DT in the first round with a need at LB and DB. Holliday, Wilkinson, Traylor, Zgonina, Vickerson, Rod Wright, and maybe Kevin Carter back at DT with the emergence of Roth? Even if we lose two of the veterans, I don't think DT is a need for this team.