PDA

View Full Version : WoW 2.0

SirDrums
12-06-2006, 12:35 AM
I just got off... well.. booted.. from Greymane a littel while ago but not before I can to respec my pally. I'm really liking the new skills so far. I fully spec protection. A few thing about the pally tree i have larned do far:

The new dev aura give up tp a 40% boost in armor.
We can now steal aggro from people.
We have a new AOE 'shield toss'. Very nice.
When we get healed we can regen mana.

I'll just stop there.. dont wont to bore you much more.. how are you guys liking it so far?

DeathStar
12-06-2006, 01:01 AM
installing it now...will let you know about it.

Cool Calm Mike
12-06-2006, 01:03 AM
Nerds!

Scatman
12-06-2006, 01:27 AM
Nerds!

yea and what off it... dont make me cast wrath

ScottishFin
12-06-2006, 07:30 AM
WoW has got to be the worst MMO around atm IMO.

Absolutely no thought required to do anything in the game , get to lvl 60 run a few quests reroll character again.

Not for me but millions love it so I must be missing something.

I will just stick with EvE Online instead :D

Phin-o-rama
12-06-2006, 09:00 AM
you do that...go mine ore for 3 months and have fun

UltraDol-Fan
12-06-2006, 11:04 AM
I downloaded it and played a little but not sure what they changed other than I had to redo all my talents, can you post what changed? I can't log on to any game sites at work except Joystiq and xboxic

Phin-o-rama
12-06-2006, 11:24 AM
General
- All players will have talent points reimbursed and will have access to new talents throughout their trees; this includes the 41-point talents. Several new abilities have also been added for all classes.
- All pets now receive a percentage of their master's armor, spell damage, spell resistances, attack power, and stamina.
- Low-level spells cast by high-level players will receive smaller bonuses from +healing and +spell damage.
- HoTs, DoTs, and channeled spells have been re balanced to receive a more appropriate (higher) percentage of +spell damage and +healing.
- HoTs from different sources will now stack (i.e. multiple druids can cast the Rejuvenation spell on 1 target).
- New item property "Resilience" has been introduced. Resilience reduces your chance to be the victim of a critical strike, and reduces the amount of damage critical strikes do to you.
- Weapon Skill now does the following:
- Weapon skill will no longer reduce the percentage damage lost due to glancing.
- The player will gain 0.1% to their critical strike rating per weapon skill against monsters above their level.
- When casting a buff on a low level target, the appropriate rank of the buff will be automatically be applied.
- Crowd Control effects in PvP will last no longer than 12 seconds instead of the full duration, with a chance of a heartbeat resist.
- Players will no longer lose faction when under the influence of"Mind Control" or the Gnomish Mind Control Cap.

PvP
- Honor System Revamp

Current honor totals have been reset.
Players may display their highest lifetime rank title (accessible from character sheet).
Honor points earned each day may now be spent as a form of currency.
Check the PvP tab of your character sheet to see your honor information.

PvP rewards are no longer unique.
- Marks of Honor earned from battlegrounds are no longer turned in for reputation or honor. They are now used in addition to honor points in order to purchase rewards.
- Two New Arenas are now available in three different modes. 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 matches
Players may queue up at Goblin NPC's in Stormwind, Ironforge, Orgrimmar, Undercity, and Gadgetzan

Druids
- The talent "Swiftmend" will now include bonus healing from the talents "Improved Rejuvenation" and "Empowered Rejuvenation".

Hunters
- Traps can be set while in combat, but require a 2 second arming time.
- Auto shot will be automatically enabled if the Hunter steps out of melee range while in combat with target.
- 1 agility will now grant 1 ranged attack power.
- Auto shot is now reset when casting Aimed Shot.

Shaman
- Shaman with the appropriate talent spec are now able to dual-wield. Both main and off-hand weapons can be affected by self-weapon buffs such as Windfury.
- Rockbiter's weapon functionality has been changed. It is now a damage proc instead of a flat attack power bonus.
- Windfury Weapon and Rockbiter Weapon enchantments will only benefit the weapon with the enchantment on it.

Warlocks
- Range of "Drain Life" and "Drain Mana" spells have been increased.

Warriors
- Rage generation from dealing damage has been normalized.
- All Rage awards are averaged with our expected rage per swing (adjusted for weapon speed).

Items
- The "Far Sight" effect has changed so that the camera now zooms in to a distant location, rather than instantly showing the distant view. This also affects the items: Ultra-Spectropic Vision Goggles, the Ornate Spyglass, and the Hunter ability "Eagle Eye."
- Spells can now require either a totem item or a totem category item to cast a spell. This means that the Enchanting Rods now count as all of the lower level enchanting rods as well, so you only need a single enchanting rod instead of all six. This also means that"Finkel's Skinner" now counts as a Skinning Knife. Several weapons that are picks have been flagged as counting as a Mining pick as well.
- Items that give bonuses, such as + to crit, have been modified to adhere to a combat rating system.
- All current items will provide the exact same benefit from ratings at level 60 as they provided before the ratings system.
- Thrown weapon items no longer stack, but use durability instead. One unit of durability is lost per throw, and these items can be repaired.
- The tool tip for the Great Staff of the Guardian now shows the proper increase of 28 to the party spell critical rating.
- Items that are useable from player inventory with a cooldown will now update the cooldown in real-time.
- Players will no longer be able to sell the "Blue Skeletal Horse" to vendors.
- The damage Proc from the item "Misplaced Servo Arm" will no longer break the Rogue ability "Gouge".
- The "Skull of Impending Doom" has been changed and will now increase run speed by 60% for 10 seconds, but deals damage equal to 60% of your maximum health and drains 60% of your maximum mana for over 10 seconds.
- The Backfire effect on the "Net-O-Matic" will no longer break on damage.

Professions
- All of the profession-made items that have been created up to now have been given proper stats based on the current expansion item level progression table.
- Most of the items made by Tailoring/Leatherworking/Blacksmithing have had their creation time reduced. Now the cap on time required to make an item in those professions is based on quality and level.

- New Max times required.
Level 31+ Green Items at least 8 sec
Level 31+ Blue Items at least 15 sec
Level 31+ Purple Items at least 25 sec
Skill level now determines what items you can disenchant.
Skill 1= Level 1-20
Skill 25= Level 20-25
Skill 50= Level 25-30
Skill 75= Level 30-35
Skill 100= Level 35-40
Skill 125= Level 40-45
Skill 150= Level 45-50
Skill 175= Level 50-55
Skill 200= Level 55-60
Skill 225= Level 60-65

- Players will no longer lose an item when attempting to disenchant on a boat when the loading screen appears.

User Interface
- Meeting Stone gossip options have been removed from Innkeepers in preparation for the new LFG system.

- LFG/LFM UI
Tips have been added to Loading Screen tips and new player tips Meeting Stones now function similar to a Warlock Summon spell. Player's select party member to be summoned and right click the stone.

A second party member then clicks the portal to summon.
- Enchanting UI has been vastly improved.
- Raid UI now supports frame for Main Tank.
- Spell Alert (Enemy Cast bar)
Defaults to off
Enabled through Interface Options
Displays targeted enemy's cast bar when they are casting.
May also be displayed with "V" key functionality.

- Auto-loot may be enabled with just one click in the Interface Options.
- Character sheet UI now displays more precise melee, ranged, and spell stats.
- Players can now cast item targetable spells on items that are in your action bar. For instance you can cast feed pet and have the food you want the pet to be fed in one of your action bars.
- Semi-charged items can no longer be placed in the Auction House.
- A knowledge base has been added to the in-game UI.
- Searchable database of FAQ's and common support issues.
- Keyrings have been expanded to hold more key-type items and will now size dynamically for the number of keys in possession.
- The Hunter ability, "Mend Pet," will now turn red when a pet is out of range.
- Players will now be able to disable ability messages in the floating combat text.
- Players will now be able to scroll down their ignore list if it extends beyond one page.
- The tooltips for the Show Dispellable Debuffs and Show Castable Buffs options will now specify they only apply to raid pullout groups.
- Significant changes have been made to User Interface customization. For specific details, please visit
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=36975623&sid=1.

Bugs
- The Rend Blackhand arena event in Upper Blackrock Spire will now properly reset after a wipe.
- Players will no longer resurrect with low mana and health if they died and released on a Zeppelin or Ship.
- Fixed an issue where effects with 100% chance to be applied were being resisted.
- Fixed an issue where high level players were not being properly credited the right amount of faction reputation.
- Party members will now be properly credited for completing the"Dead Man's Plea" quest when a totem or pet gets the killing blow on Baron Rivendare.
- Slowing abilities and spells will no longer decrease the speed of a player when traveling by Gryphon.
- Fixed an issue where players were re-taining talent based abilities even after re-training.
- Fixed an issue where the Warlock spell "Shadowburn" was improperly consuming two Soul Shards.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to click on anything if they had any add-ons installed.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to use "Mana Burn" on mobs and players without mana.
- Fixed an issue where spells that proc while a player was standing would not proc if they were sitting or lying down.
- Fixed many interface overlapping graphic issues.
- Fixed an issue where Seal of Justice (Rank 2) will now refresh with melee strikes.
- Blood Elf in Azshara will now have the correct model.
- Fixed an issue where a spell with two procs would be reflected and one of the procs would still hit the player that reflected the spell.
- Fixed an issue that was putting Hunters back into combat when they have the "Spirit Bond" Talent or have the Cryptstalker set bonus.
- Fixed an issue where players were being awarded the wrong item when double looting a corpse under the master loot option.
- Fixed an issue where players interrupted while casting would have a longer cast time than normal.
- Fixed an issue where players could not see enchants when inspecting another player.
- Fixed an issue where extra attacks from "Windfury Weapon" would not proc "Flurry" when they crit.
- Fixed an issue where players that were killed in freezing traps would be stuck there until releasing.
- Fixed an issue where Warlocks were able to despawn a pet to gain a free "Soul Shard"in the Battlegrounds.
- Warrior "Shield Slam" and "Shield Bash" will no longer trigger a proc from an equipped weapon.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to consume a Mana Emerald at full mana.
- The totem, "Wrath of Air," will no longer be useable in "Ghost Wolf" form.
- Fixed an issue where Warrior "Battle Shout" was causing too much threat.
- Fixed an issue where computers with ATi video cards were sometimes having problems when displaying a certain texture.
- Fixed an issue where the Warlock spell "Death Coil" gained double the benefit from the talent "Shadow Mastery".
- Player pets will no longer attack CC'ed targets while in Passive mode.
- "Prayer of Spirit" will no longer cast on the user if there is no other target selected.
- "Lightning Shield" will now have the appropriate cool-down time between uses.
- Fixed an issue where materials were being consumed if a player logged out before an enchantment had finished being applied.
- The Hunter, "Auto Shot," ability will no longer activate on resurrection.
- Fixed a bug where "Inner Focus" was not being consumed when using"Mind Soothe."
- Fixed a bug where Rogues were able to use the ability"Ghostly Strike" when not facing their target.
- Warlock pet dismiss sounds will now play properly.
- Fixed an issue where Fist weapons were sheathing improperly.
- Bags will no longer overlap the Bank UI when the game window is resized.
- Players will no longer be able to whisper to enemy players in Battlegrounds.
- The Skeletal Gryphon ride for the Eastern Plaguelands PvP event will now fly at its correct speed.
- Players will no longer be able to whisper to enemy players in Battlegrounds.
- Players will no longer be able to jump onto the top of the Dun Baldur Fortress in Alterac Valley and get behind the terrain to attack other players.
- Shapeshifting will now break "Nogginfogger Elixir" effect.
- You will no longer die when Feign Death is finished channeling.
- "Scatter Shot" will now properly do damage even if the target is immune to the confuse effect.
- "Aspect of the Cheetah" will now properly trigger with absorbed damage.
- Casting a lower rank polymorph on a target that is already under the effect of a higher rank will cause an error message and not consume mana.
- The talent, "Master of Elements," will now properly proc off of totems.
- Players will no longer be attacked by same faction guards when using mind control on an enemy player to attack.
- "Vanish" will now properly un-target the Rogue from the attacker when the attacker is in the same party.
- The talent, "Improved Chain Heal," will now properly add to the base healing done.
- "Healing Wave" Ranks 11 and 12 will now benefit from the Shaman talent, "Healing Way."
- "Improved Curse of Agony" will now properly increase the base and spell power.
- Warlocks will now be properly credited a Soul Shard from their pet when they take a flight path.
- Warlocks will now be properly credited a Soul Shard from their pet when they are dead at the end of a Battleground match.
- Warlocks will now be properly credited a Soul Shard from their pet when they enter an Arena.
- Casting "Dark Pact" after exiting combat will no longer put you back in combat.
- The tool tip for the "Great Staff of the Guardian" now shows the proper increase of 28 to the party spell critical rating.
- Several Chest spawns in Dustwallow Marsh will now properly spawn above ground.
- Items that can give +Stamina/Intellect from random suffixes will now properly apply while dead.
- "Beastmaster's Gloves" will now give the proper 2% crit chance for Hunter pets.
- Various graphical errors will be noticeable while viewing maps.

UltraDol-Fan
12-06-2006, 11:49 AM
nice, thanks

SirDrums
12-06-2006, 12:08 PM
I typed my original message a little after 11 pm and was sinking fast so I figured I would post some more changes I saw last night. Some I saw personally other where reported by guldies:

There is a new island called Exodar off the west coast of kalimdor.
There is now a path to Northern Plague lands, but you cannot enter the area.
A lot of the casting animations have changed. It used to be that no matter what seal I cast the animation was the same. I now have a new animation for each seal and each judgment I cast.
There is a new boat at one of the ports that goes to a new area, but when porting it brings you back to your origin. The boat has a new look to it.
For those of us with 60’s, you will notice your exp bar is back. No, you don’t earn any exp.
The LFG interface looks like its going to be a great addition.
There is a button for the world map on your compass now.
When you die you don’t go to a grave yard, your ghost pops up right where you died. I haven’t been able to test this one out as the one time I died the server crashed as I was accepting resurrection.
The trees in the forest near storm wind are in fall now.
The snow near IF now blows and changes direction.
In your character screen, you have two pull downs where you can see specific stats broken down like Melee states, casting states, basic stats etc.
You have an extra bank slot.
Bank slot prices have dropped.
You can now carry up to 25 quests
You can see the map of outland in you map screen now.
There is a new map screen showing outland and the current WoW world.

Those are most of what I saw in the 30 mins I was on last night. I may think of more later, I’m sure we’ll run into more this evening. Anyone see anything else that I didn’t catch here.

Scatman
12-06-2006, 02:38 PM
just tried it, pretty cool new talents for druid. i like.

UltraDol-Fan
12-06-2006, 02:49 PM
one thing I noticed as a warlock was that the imp would talk now when I told him to attack

Motion
12-06-2006, 02:52 PM
:jt0323:

Phin-o-rama
12-06-2006, 03:07 PM
I Yawn In Your Direction Motion !!!

mor911
12-06-2006, 03:15 PM
No new priest abilities... Why does WoW hate priests? we have no job specific quests... we get no new goodies. sucks to be Mor.

Motion
12-06-2006, 03:54 PM
I Yawn In Your Direction Motion !!!
:boring:

TheMageGandalf
12-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Thats weird about dying and not showing up at a graveyard as I died too and found myself..................at the graveyard and having to do a corpse run. :rolleyes:

I like the new changes to the Hunter class. Its awesome to be able to cast traps while in combat and having your auto shot automatically start firing when you get back out of melee range. :D

UltraDol-Fan
12-06-2006, 05:12 PM
No new priest abilities... Why does WoW hate priests? we have no job specific quests... we get no new goodies. sucks to be Mor.

no but you guys are in high demand for any group :D

Dolfan984
12-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Shaman dual wield?!?!!?!?

finfansince72
12-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Shaman dual wield?!?!!?!?

Yep, now I need to pvp to get another epic for the offhand. Shamans got a major melee boost in this patch.
The new Warlock pets are awesome. They tank like crazy, me and my brother took his lock out and were mowing down elites like trash mobs with that thing. Major boost for the Locks.
Everyone is doing major damage, the BGS are fd up right now. I like the new PvP system of buying things with honor and tokens. The items are ALOT easier to get and you dont lose rank or honor if u miss a weak of playtime.

Phin-o-rama
12-08-2006, 11:20 AM
hunter class rules....my hunter is freaking sick

my guild is cool, we are running 15 man all guild all on ventrillo arathi basin groups

we use strats, and voice comm to pwn nubs.....and as a hunter? its great i ride my mount up to an area with allies, dismount, and let the arrows fly----shredding ******* in my path :D

mor911
12-08-2006, 11:25 AM
no love for priests :cry:

finfansince72
12-08-2006, 11:32 AM

Hmmm, just about every priest in my guild went Shadow for some reason after the patch.

mor911
12-08-2006, 11:34 AM
the shadow spec seemed to get the most upgrades... Holy spec didn't change too much :cry:

finfansince72
12-08-2006, 11:46 AM
the shadow spec seemed to get the most upgrades... Holy spec didn't change too much :cry:

Its too bad, I really hate Shadow priests, they ruin pvp bg groups and having a bunch of them in high level raids sucks. If you have to heal all the time you should get some cool epic quests to do, stuff like that.

SirDrums
12-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Have been palying with my Pally Potection spec. Still liking it though I may make a few changes soon. I really like being able to hit a UD mob three times before it can get to me.

Phin-o-rama
12-08-2006, 12:29 PM
im pissed at pallies (nothing new) but my new skill 'silencing shot' doesn't prevent pallies from doing their stupid bubble

rawr

mor911
12-08-2006, 12:34 PM
is there anything that stops that bubble? :lol:

Motion
12-08-2006, 12:44 PM
How long does it take to learn all the terminology of WoW? You guys just pick it up by playing or what?

mor911
12-08-2006, 12:50 PM
How long does it take to learn all the terminology of WoW? You guys just pick it up by playing or what?pretty much... If you started playing today bro, I guarantee that you'll understand at least 75% of this stuff in a week.

DeathStar
12-08-2006, 01:11 PM
no love for druids either...

they did fix the mark of the wild glitch. thats it.

Motion
12-08-2006, 01:12 PM
pretty much... If you started playing today bro, I guarantee that you'll understand at least 75% of this stuff in a week.

It probably wouldn't be half as fun reading these threads then. :lol:

Phin-o-rama
12-09-2006, 01:30 AM
pally =

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/cover-1.jpg

DonShula84
12-09-2006, 01:48 AM
Makes me want to reactivate my account. The hunter changes sound fun

Rafiki
12-10-2006, 12:35 AM

I respecced my priest almost 100% Discipline. The Pain Suppression will be a nice touch during boss encounters I think. Also, with over 400 spirit, 3/5 Tier 2 and meditation I get 56 mana per second from Spirit alone.

Power Infusion when cast on mages during big fights or even just when they have to AE makes a big difference, it adds something like 100 damage to every spell they have.

*edit* Oh and on my PvP shaman I went full enhancement, but I'm using a 2 hander because I've heard that dual wield will mostly be nice for PvE. Yet the burst damage from windfury + 2 hand weapons will still be better in PvP.

SirDrums
12-10-2006, 01:12 AM
2.0 would be great if it wasn't for the servers chrashing all the time

finfansince72
12-10-2006, 01:44 AM
2.0 would be great if it wasn't for the servers chrashing all the time

Yea the games been a bit buggy and laggy. I think they want to try and add as much as possible to get it stable for the BC launch in January. The servers are going to be overloaded when the expansion comes out.
The new PVP honor system is awesome, its so much easier to get the good gear.

DeathStar
12-10-2006, 01:58 AM
apparantly, i bought the game a month ago and on the cover it said 5 million have been sold. i went to the best buy today and only one month later it said 7 million have been sold. 2 million copies in one month.

i think it was due to the south park episode that was based on WoW. this huge customer increase in a little time i think is causing the increased crashes.

DeathStar
12-10-2006, 01:59 AM
and its WoW 2.0.1.

WestCKoastiN
12-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Nerds!

lmao

TexanPhinatic
12-13-2006, 03:30 AM
Loving my hunter even more now, just brutal against casters in PvP and sick raid damage with easy aggro wipes still in FD.

Mage is nice too, but havent played him as much as hunter. On the whole, a nice patch by Blizz, especially now that the BGs seem to be fixed, that was irritating for awhile.

Totally looking forward to TBC, cant wait to walk through the portal!

TheMageGandalf
12-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Loving my hunter even more now, just brutal against casters in PvP and sick raid damage with easy aggro wipes still in FD.

Whats your spec build Texan?

I am making a Hunter and he's level 24 now and I've gone like this so far:

(NOTE: I want a good all around role, though my play style is definitely more stand back and fire away or kite rather than melee)

MM Tree:
5/5 Lethal Shots
2/5 Imp. Hunters Mark

BM Tree:
1/5 Imp. AOH
4/5 Endurance Training
3/3 Thick Hide

Any suggestions?

Phin-o-rama
12-13-2006, 05:20 PM
yes, for leveling go beast mastery

right now my hunter is ...... 5/43/3

I am almost full marksman, Silencing Shot rules for pvp....its insane.

its a 3 second stun instant cast....any clothie i see (mage/warlock/priest) is in deep **** when i set my sights on them.

hunters are very good at pvp....i usually lead the killing blow to death scoreboard every game....and for example last night in Alterac Valley (40 on 40 pvp) my score was 49 killing blows and 10 deaths. If i was a touch more careful, the deaths could literally be 2 or 3....

Ill post some of my screenshots from pvp lately.

TheMageGandalf
12-13-2006, 06:41 PM
yes, for leveling go beast mastery

Ok, thanks Phin.

What Pet do you roll with?

Right now I am mainly with The Rake. I want to go to Shadowfang and get a Slavering Worg though.

Phin-o-rama
12-13-2006, 07:10 PM
http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/

boars are really good pets, good armor decent damage and they have a charge stun.

i have 3 pets....i have :

lvl 60 Bat from Zul'Gurub with a 1.0 attack speed (great for pvp and farming)

lvl 60 Wolf with 'Furious Howl' (good for pve)

lvl 60 Razzashi Adder from Zul'Gurub (these just became trainable..cool looking but kinda suck).

mor911
12-13-2006, 09:17 PM
hey phin, know where i canget some decent 2.0 tools? a coordinated mod and maybe an auction tool... I'm lost

Phin-o-rama
12-13-2006, 10:57 PM
http://wow.curse-gaming.com/en/files/addons/

by coordinated you mean one with coordinates? i think you do.....i always used Titan Panel...it has a coordinate mod within you just hover over the world map and it shows ur position ie 65, 35 or w/e

as far as auction search the addons for 'igor' one of my guildies just recomended that....really just look around in the subchapters...find one that was updated recently and look at the # of downloads and you should be fine. mods can be a pain in the ***, but can also be awesome....

heres some pics of some of the people i play with's UI's....

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

they are using a mod called 'bongo' or 'bongos' its on that curse gaming site....i haven't messed with it yet, but its supposed to be pretty nice/easy to use and is 2.01 compliant.

TheMageGandalf
12-13-2006, 11:31 PM
http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/

boars are really good pets, good armor decent damage and they have a charge stun.

i have 3 pets....i have :

lvl 60 Bat from Zul'Gurub with a 1.0 attack speed (great for pvp and farming)

lvl 60 Wolf with 'Furious Howl' (good for pve)

lvl 60 Razzashi Adder from Zul'Gurub (these just became trainable..cool looking but kinda suck).

NICE :D

So far I have 2 and I have my 3rd slot open for misc. animals to learn the skills.

I am going to go into Duskwood and try and tame a Black Ravager Mastiff to get Furious Howl 2. Hopefully, there wont be many Alliance fools around to kill the thing before I tame it. (there are a lot of butt heads on my server)

My First Pet and the one Ive used the most so far for the Speed of 1.2 attack is The Rake.

Then I have the 1.6 attack speed Scorpid from Durotar Death Flayer although honestly I dont like him very much. He looks cool but....meh....

I would want a Bat but obviously I am wayyyy to low to get your bat just yet.

Later on I am thinking of Broken Tooth and then letting go of the Rake since Broken has a speed of 1.0

Phin-o-rama
12-13-2006, 11:40 PM
keep in mind that there is some talking about how all pets will have a base 2.0 attack speed in the burning crusade. but their are talents in beast master that will speed his attk speed up

brokentooth is really hard to get

DonShula84
12-13-2006, 11:58 PM
The boar was my favorite pet. I loved charge in pvp, the stun was helpful.

Hitman13
12-14-2006, 12:02 AM
Hey im starting to play again i was tight on cash so i quit with a 20 hunter... im startin over and i need some help if any1 would possiably take me under there wing and show me the ways lol i would like taht if not then thnx any help would be appreciated... WOW

Phinz420
12-14-2006, 12:20 AM
http://www.fileplanet.com/wow/mods/

Updated for 2.01

DeathStar
12-14-2006, 12:32 AM
thanks for that 420.

TexanPhinatic
12-14-2006, 02:36 AM
Hey im starting to play again i was tight on cash so i quit with a 20 hunter... im startin over and i need some help if any1 would possiably take me under there wing and show me the ways lol i would like taht if not then thnx any help would be appreciated... WOW

Making money is easy. First, get 2 gather skills, mining/herbalism/skinning and sell all the stuff you get on the AH. Second, dont buy new gear, it gets outdated quickly and can be expensive. Try doing instances if you need to gear up, and search for good quest items. Third, watch your expenses, if you find yourself using lots of gold on things you can grind, go grind it :D
A good guild can also help, as well as playing the AH (if you have the time and patience). You can also skip some training skills to save money, stuff that isnt really needed (such as a hunters Flare or mages Amplify/Dampen magics).

On the topic of hunters, I have a Bloodaxe Worg and he rocks!! The ones from LBRS that come with the highest ranks of bite and fh. Love him :)
Also have a hyena in the stable hoping to get one of those pet class buffs that have been promised :boohoo:

TexanPhinatic
12-14-2006, 02:40 AM
Whats your spec build Texan?

I am making a Hunter and he's level 24 now and I've gone like this so far:

(NOTE: I want a good all around role, though my play style is definitely more stand back and fire away or kite rather than melee)

MM Tree:
5/5 Lethal Shots
2/5 Imp. Hunters Mark

BM Tree:
1/5 Imp. AOH
4/5 Endurance Training
3/3 Thick Hide

Any suggestions?

I do alot of raiding and PvP, so im pretty much almost full MM build except for the hawkeye range buff in the survival tree.

Pet aggro holding seems to have been buffed, so i can go heavy dps as a MM hunter and still not pull aggro off him. Trueshot Aura just rocks, and SS is a great PvP tool, and i just generally enjoy all the increases to ranged attack that the MM tree provides.

finattic79
12-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Nurfed UI is also another good mod that gets rid of the hideous blizzard art and stuff. Can grab it at www.nurfedui.net. Also they have bars but tivoli the guy who makes it is running behind on getting new ones put in.

Hitman13
12-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Hey guys somthing has fallen into my possession. a lvl 60 rouge dwarf. im not totally noob but i am looking for some help/players to play with. im on the valin somthing or the other server. ummm i gots good gear and im bored.... msg me i haev aim also i am on now lilmandude13 or in the game my acnt name is thejmantahj umm msg me

UltraDol-Fan
12-15-2006, 10:25 AM
I'd play with ya but my characters are on Blackhand and not nearly 60 yet :)

DeathStar
12-15-2006, 10:45 AM
For The Alliance!!!

mor911
12-15-2006, 11:20 AM
For The Alliance!!!booooo :thumbsdown:

Phin-o-rama
12-15-2006, 12:14 PM
For The Alliance!!!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/ForTheAlliance-1.png

SirDrums
12-16-2006, 10:50 AM
for those that asked about an auctioneer mod. there is a new 'beta ' type version on their site. http://auctioneeraddon.com/ follow the dowbloads link the click on auctioneer complete then select auctioneerpack-3.9.0.1195.exe (http://auctioneeraddon.com/dl/AuctioneerComplete/auctioneerpack-3.9.0.1195.exe)

Its work well for me.

TexanPhinatic
12-20-2006, 02:16 AM
Ah thanks, ive been hoping for that auctioneer to get completed for awhile, feel naked without my ah scanning ability ;)

FinsNCanes
12-21-2006, 05:30 PM
How are the Paladins in this latest patch? As soon as I get my computer I'm probably going to make a Hunter and a Paladin. I heard the Hunters do nasty damage and Paladins got an upgrade in damage, not to mention you can't kill em. I'll be making my characters for arena success.