PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Draft Do-Over

KingCrowder
12-06-2006, 01:09 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/12/04/draft.redo.part1/index.html

16http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/dolphins_65-1.gif (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/dolphins/)Miami Dolphins (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/dolphins/)
ERNIE SIMS, LB, Florida State

Original pick: Jason Allen, CB, Tennessee
Sims hasn't been spectacular in Detroit, but he leads the Lions in tackles and brings his A game every week. With Zach Thomas in the middle, the Dolphins could use him as a nice bookend at left outside linebacker, opposite of ex-Gator OLB Channing Crowder.

PhinFan0202
12-06-2006, 03:10 AM
Ernie Simms would have been an ok pick but we should have picked Mangold or a playmaking corner.

Roman529
12-06-2006, 03:29 AM
There are no do-overs in life. :rolleyes:

dlockz
12-06-2006, 08:12 AM
if we are going to do over a draft lets redo the one where we take Fletcher over Brees lol. I wish the people on this board that said that Brees was njot much of an upgrade over Fielder would remind me who they are.

NorFlaFin
12-06-2006, 09:11 AM
Interesting to note SI thinks the Packers believe Aaron Rodgers is a bust.

zonk4ever
12-06-2006, 09:36 AM
why would you create a thread on draft do-over when the guy your saying we should have taken was gone before our pick? right now, jason allen is so useless i'm not sure "any" pick wouldn't be better:shakeno:

dominizzo
12-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Id rather have Ernie Sims than jason Allen

Mike13
12-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Interesting to note SI thinks the Packers believe Aaron Rodgers is a bust

Rodgers is going to struggle big time, Favre is being a dick by saying "I'm not mentoring this guy". He is going to set the kid back in his development, he is scewing over his team.

TotoreMexico
12-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Id rather have Ernie Sims than jason Allen

:rolleyes2

Dolfan954
12-06-2006, 10:26 AM
How many players need to talk about the difficulty of learning this defense before people realize that it's going to take awhile for Jason Allen to show us something?

Allen isn't starting because Saban knows he would make crucial mental errors caused by not yet having full knowledge of the philosophy. DBs can't afford to make mistakes because they usually result in points for the other team.

Patience guys...rookies take time to develop.

Pompy
12-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Simms was picked Ninth ... so that's not even a questioned.

sphincter
12-06-2006, 10:27 AM
if we are going to do over a draft lets redo the one where we take Fletcher over Brees lol. I wish the people on this board that said that Brees was njot much of an upgrade over Fielder would remind me who they are.Or Boldin instead of Eddie bleeping Moore.

popularwar
12-06-2006, 10:44 AM
He was picked long before us, how is that even an option?

MoTown Finman
12-06-2006, 11:05 AM
We didn't have the chance to pick Ernie Sims...but, if we are playing that game how about Drew Brees instead of Jamar Fletcher!

Stitches
12-06-2006, 11:59 AM
He was picked long before us, how is that even an option?

Because in the redo the lions didn't draft Sims. Just like the saints didn't draft Bush. In the redo only like 3 teams ended up drafting the same 1st round pick, and only like 5 or 6 teams drafted someone they drafted at all in 2006.

Gardenhead
12-06-2006, 12:00 PM
You guys are missing the point of this silly article by Don Banks. The point of the article is that he is re-drafting the 2006 draft, but with the advantage of hindsight.

Therefore, he says Detroit should have drafted Mark Anderson, and not Ernie Sims. Therefore, according to Banks, Simms would have been available at #16.

The article is silly, but kind of interesting.

PyroDOLFAN
12-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Simms was picked Ninth ... so that's not even a questioned.
:lol:that would prove to be a problem wouldn't it.

Does anybody know when Buster Davis will be in the draft maybe we should pick him up later to back up Thomas or maybe even see if he could play LOLB instead of Spragan.

djfresh47
12-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Interesting to note SI thinks the Packers believe Aaron Rodgers is a bust.

The media loves Brett Favre. Nevermind how difficult it will when Rodgers gets an opportunity to replace Favre for the Packers fans I think guys like Theismann and Madden are going to make it even tougher. I recall a game when an announcer noted that "there is nothing wrong with his arm" after Favre throws a pick. It's going to be really difficult for the Packers to nudge Favre out the door like the Stache did to Marino but I think it'd be best for that team. They're 4-8 in a horrible division in the JV conference. Can Favre win on a contender? I think he can win if he manages the game but I don't think he'll want to be that type of Qb. I think Favre will comeback again after holding the Packers hostage all offseason again and he'll go about 6-10 next year while guys like Madden still dream about him. I think the Packers would have about the same record with Rodgers at Qb.

PSMITH
12-06-2006, 01:25 PM
You have to read the article. It,s interesting.

I am a little biased (two degrees from Southern Miss), but I would definitely still take Favre over most starting QB's in the league. Most being at least 51% of them. He is definitely suffering from a lack of surrounding talent. I don't know if he will come back or not, but he should let them know ASAP. He loves the game and is still one of the most fun to watch.

dlockz
12-07-2006, 04:34 AM
i find it funny that Allen is not listed, Hell I wanted a do over right after we drafted him and Toledo.