PDA

View Full Version : Who do you take?

@@@
12-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Rather than do a full mock i thought i'd just mock the picks before ours (using the current draft order) and let people decide who they'd pick from the remaining players.

1 Detroit - Brady Quinn - QB - Notre Dame
Shouldn't have passed on Leinart and Kitna isnt a long term answer so the Lions take Quinn giving them some nice "triplets" with Kevin Jones and Roy Williams

2 Oakland - Calvin Johnson - WR - Georgia Tech
Probably the best player in the draft and with Moss and or Porter likely gone gives the Raiders a big play receiver who isn't a jackass

3 Arizona - Joe Thomas - OT - Wisconsin
Great skill players passable defense no o-line, Arizona makes a big step forward with this pick

4 Tampa Bay - Gaines Adams - DE - Clemson
With Simeon Rice perhaps on his way out the bucs add a quality pass rusher

5 Green Bay - Adrian Peterson - RB - Oklahoma
Ahman Green's future is uncertain so the Pack take the pressure off Aaron Rodgers with the drafts best runner

6 Washington - Leon Hall - CB - Michigan
Washington need someone to cover Owens, Stallworth and Burress 6 games a year, Hall gives them that

7 Houston - Jake Long - OT -Michigan
A bit of a reach perhaps but the Texans need O-line

8 Cleveland - Alan Branch - DT - Michigan
The run on Wolverines continues as Cleveland upgrade a key area of their 3-4

9 Minnesota - Brian Brohm - QB - Louisville
Brad Johnson will be 60 on opening day and i doubt Tavaris Jackson will ever be the answer so the Vikings take their signal caller of the future

10 St. Louis - Quentin Moses - DE - Georgia
The Rams need to go defense and get a young pass rusher to play opposite Leonard Little

11 San Francisco - Laron Landry - S - LSU
The 49'ers could go anywhere in the secondary with this pick but go for the ballhawk from LSU

12 Miami - ?
Who do you take?

:dolphins:

PSMITH
12-06-2006, 01:18 PM
I take Sam Baker OT USC, because I believe the oline makes our current QB, RB, and WR's better; and he can start this year.

But I take a long look at (in order):
Ted Ginn, Jr. WR Ohio State (playmaker needed on offense)
Dwayne Jarret WR USC (ditto)
Quinn Pitcock DT Ohio State (not as immediate a need as many think, some possible depth already here)
Paul Posluszny OLB Penn State (a reach this early, knee troubles, can get one later)

Vertical Limit
12-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Sorry, but I don't think Sam Baker is a Top 15 pick. He played horrible against UCLA, and I can only guess his stock must have plummeted after getting owned by Buster Davis over and over again.

I don't even want to know what he would look like against an NFL defensive end. IMO, he's a second rounder.

Mike13
12-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Poz or the best OL avalible.

PSMITH
12-06-2006, 02:03 PM
1 sack, 1.5 tackles isn't too bad. Jarrett only had 4 catches, does he also drop? The whole team looked bad, I think it was just one of those college football, overlooking your in-state rival things. That being said, I would definitely be open to a better LT if one emerges and is availble. Any one I should look out for?

nick1
12-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Dwanye Jarrett, we need a big red zone threat and this guy will catch anything you throw up. he has great size and is a playmaker, Chambers is a #2 WR at best and Booker could be cut this offseason

nick1
12-06-2006, 02:07 PM
1 sack, 1.5 tackles isn't too bad. Jarrett only had 4 catches, does he also drop? The whole team looked bad, I think it was just one of those college football, overlooking your in-state rival things. That being said, I would definitely be open to a better LT if one emerges and is availble. Any one I should look out for?
Patrick Willis, he's a OLB and he is the hardest hitter and most instinctive LB in this draft. also Reggie Nelson but I don't feel we need another safety maybe if he's moved to corner

C-HUCKS
12-06-2006, 02:27 PM
I would pick Patrick Willis or a OT.

Stitches
12-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Poz, Levi Brown, Willis(if he can play Spragan's OLB position), Nelson, and as much as it pains me to say, at that spot, you should look at Ginn too.

Roman529
12-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Patrick Willis.

alen1
12-06-2006, 03:21 PM
dwayneeeeeeeeeee jarrettttttttt ..... we need him ....

Dj Shoj
12-06-2006, 03:51 PM
TROY SMITH, I can assure you he is the next DONOVAN MCNABB, but that's my personal opinion on a more realistic scenerio I'll go after the XFACTOR PLAYERS let me give you a list
1- TEDD GINN JR
2-FRANK OKAM DT TEXAS
3 ILB - Paul Poluszny - Penn State
4 RB - *Marshawn Lynch - California
5 OT - Justin Blalock - Texas

In_Flames
12-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Willis, Poz, or an OT

HEDAZHELAS24
12-06-2006, 05:36 PM
POZ or Willis... take OL in second...QB in third

musphinzfan
12-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Trade down...If theres a partner...If not then Levi or willis.

NorFlaFin
12-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Does Washington have a 1st rd pick this year?

colmax
12-07-2006, 02:47 AM
What you talkin' bout, Willis?

PhinFan0202
12-07-2006, 03:28 AM
Does Washington have a 1st rd pick this year?

Yeah they do but because of the trade for T.J. Duckett the Broncos can either get the Redskins 3rd round pick or trade 1st round picks them. Chances are the Broncos are going to trade spots with the Redskins and get a top 10 pick.

chewski
12-07-2006, 06:58 AM
Trade down, I'm sure someone will give up their 1st and 2nd with Ginn and Jarret still on the board . Take Poz or Woodly later on and Leon Sears fron Tenn. with our first 2nd rounder, and best Guard with the other.

amir7
12-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Ginn or Willis

dominizzo
12-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Poz or the best OL avalible.

I agree with the POZZZZZZ|| the next Urlacher

colmax
12-07-2006, 11:34 AM
I agree with the POZZZZZZ|| the next Urlacher

Would not mind Posluzsny, but he is a tad overrated, IMO. No doubt, the guy can play, but there are some question marks out there about his game and injury. He is a product of being pretty good on a nationally recognized team. I highly doubt he will be the next Urlacher. That's a bit far-fetched. In fact, I would venture to say that there will be LBs picked after him that have a more fruitful NFL career.

Stitches
12-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Would not mind Posluzsny, but he is a tad overrated, IMO. No doubt, the guy can play, but there are some question marks out there about his game and injury. He is a product of being pretty good on a nationally recognized team. I highly doubt he will be the next Urlacher. That's a bit far-fetched. In fact, I would venture to say that there will be LBs picked after him that have a more fruitful NFL career.

I love Poz, but he probably shouldn't be picked before about 15th, and I could see him dropping to where Demeco Ryans did if things fall in place. I don't know how anyone could really question his game though. the injury, ok. Even though it didn't require surgery or anything, and knee injury could become an issue down the road. He will not be another Urlacher. I agree, there is probably going to be a LB drafted later who has a more fruitful career. But Poz should be able to go onto almost any team and be able to start from day one. And as for being pretty good on a nationally recognized team, I could say that about a ton of players I think are overrated, but I don't think it applies here.

colmax
12-07-2006, 04:44 PM
I love Poz, but he probably shouldn't be picked before about 15th, and I could see him dropping to where Demeco Ryans did if things fall in place. I don't know how anyone could really question his game though. the injury, ok. Even though it didn't require surgery or anything, and knee injury could become an issue down the road. He will not be another Urlacher. I agree, there is probably going to be a LB drafted later who has a more fruitful career. But Poz should be able to go onto almost any team and be able to start from day one. And as for being pretty good on a nationally recognized team, I could say that about a ton of players I think are overrated, but I don't think it applies here.

I have questions.

His feel for the game is DAMN GOOD! Not taking anything away for his understanding of being where he is supposed to be. I do have questions concerning his ability to tackle, his hip swivel in change of direction, and his injury. Has this injury affected his game play? I believe so. Will he fully recover? I am pretty sure he will, but he is not the best LB in the the history of Penn State as many have proclaimed. As I said, the guy is overrated. Not saying that he sucks, but he is not as good as many think, IMO.

Stitches
12-07-2006, 04:50 PM
I have questions.

His feel for the game is DAMN GOOD! Not taking anything away for his understanding of being where he is supposed to be. I do have questions concerning his ability to tackle, his hip swivel in change of direction, and his injury. Has this injury affected his game play? I believe so. Will he fully recover? I am pretty sure he will, but he is not the best LB in the the history of Penn State as many have proclaimed. As I said, the guy is overrated. Not saying that he sucks, but he is not as good as many think, IMO.

Fair enough. I feel the same about Dwayne Jarrett too(being overrated I mean, and I don't mean to infer that you like him). So to each his own.

PS: I'm probably a bad person to have defend Poz, because I'm a PSU fan(hopefully not a homer).

phins3454
12-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Brian Brohm has already said that he plans on staying for his senior year

jim1
12-08-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm thinking Ted Ginn

jbyrd423
12-08-2006, 09:59 PM
when i look at poz i see an average linebacker. hes undersized and nothing really stands out about his game excpt for maybe being in the right place at the right time. i would much rather have willis

adamprez2003
12-08-2006, 10:57 PM
I think the safest pick and one that would address our needs would be Patrick Willis LB. If Brohm were available I would take him however

Ronnie23Brown
12-09-2006, 01:28 AM
Brian Brohm has already said that he plans on staying for his senior year

Don't close the door on Brohm just yet, he said he's gonna fill out the paper work and see where he can go. He still may enter.

TexanPhinatic
12-10-2006, 01:36 AM
Why not Troy Smith?? The guys a playmaker pure and simple. A shorter Vince Young who can throw it better (maybe not run as well).

He makes great reads, has great game awareness and poise, can hit the big throws-guy does everything you need. I dont hear his name mentioned much, but nobody can ever seem to come up with much against him but "hes short." So is Brees.

Might be considered a reach, but hell the guy is good and when hes leading us to a SB people wont care if he went a few spots higher than Mel Kiper and other draftniks say he should.

COMEBACKRICKY
12-10-2006, 01:49 AM
man this draft is awesome! so many good palyers! there is lots of players i would be happy with getting. willis, woodely, ginn, jarret

COMEBACKRICKY
12-10-2006, 01:50 AM
Why not Troy Smith?? The guys a playmaker pure and simple. A shorter Vince Young who can throw it better (maybe not run as well).

He makes great reads, has great game awareness and poise, can hit the big throws-guy does everything you need. I dont hear his name mentioned much, but nobody can ever seem to come up with much against him but "hes short." So is Brees.

Might be considered a reach, but hell the guy is good and when hes leading us to a SB people wont care if he went a few spots higher than Mel Kiper and other draftniks say he should.

oh yeah and him too.