PDA

View Full Version : Saban to meet with Alabama trustees

PhinFan0202
12-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Apprently he's a meeting with them right now. This was just reported on the news today...

http://www.fox10tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5778816&nav=menu489_5

DBoston80
12-06-2006, 08:15 PM
He can go get ------- then..that shows no loyalty....Im officially saying ----Saban now and forever.

Silverphin
12-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Maybe he's meeting with the trustees to politely tell them to shut the **** up.

HysterikiLL
12-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Man, I know this is jumping the gun, but IF he was to take this job....I can't imagine the reaction when he has to explain it in the locker room.

LouPhinFan
12-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Its amazing how none of the other sports websites (ESPN, CBSSportsline, Foxsports) even mention this...:rolleyes2

Smoke and mirrors boys, smoke and mirrors...

Amars
12-07-2006, 12:21 AM
This is Alabama news which is no real news. This is what they are doing: ALABAMA SUCKS and NOBODY WANTS TO COACH THERE. So since so many coaches are turning them down they have to make it seem that at least 1 high profile coach wants the job so it can draw interest from other coaches. This all bull**** from Alabama trying to get stuff in the press, Saban not going anywhere.

Stitches
12-07-2006, 12:23 AM
The source went on to say that Saban has issued a list of demands that must be met before he would consider the Alabama job.

#1 Demand - Win on the pro level.

jpcdolphan
12-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Doesn't matter either way to me.

Look at it this way, I think this is all BS and that he isn't meeting and won't meet with Alabama to discuss/take but, to play devil's advocate, if he is dumb enough to take a pay cut to jump into that fiasco (when he was already worshipped in Baton Rouge) then, quite frankly, he's too stupid to be coaching my pro team anyway! :wink:

King Felix
12-07-2006, 01:02 AM
if he took that job i would fly down to alabama and smack the **** outta him

HysterikiLL
12-07-2006, 01:16 AM

get a good left hook in from me :yes:

oh well....if he leaves, lets go get mack brown :yes: :hump: :hysterikill: :dday:

:wink:

NJFINSFAN1
12-07-2006, 12:31 PM

I look at it different, if he wants to go, goodbye!!!!

I want a coach that wants to be here.

But I still think its Bama blowing smoke.

Stitches
12-07-2006, 12:34 PM
I look at it different, if he wants to go, goodbye!!!!

I want a coach that wants to be here.

But I still think its Bama blowing smoke.

They have to draw attention to the vacancy somehow. By even suggesting a pro coach would be interested in the job, it could make it look like a much more desirable position than what it is.

TroySmith10
12-07-2006, 12:42 PM
oh well....if he leaves, lets go get mack brown :yes: :hump: :hysterikill: :dday:

I'm assuming all those smiley faces mean that you're joking, because if you want the Dolphins to suck for another 5 years then by all means hire Mack Brown.

Motion
12-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Kirk Herbstreit is reporting that Bama officials are in Miami now and offered Saban 7 mil up front and 5 mil a year. And Saban said.........

No thanks!

Mike13
12-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Kirk Herbstreit is reporting that Bama officials are in Miami now and offered Saban 7 mil up front and 5 mil a year. And Saban said.........

No thanks!

:0wned::0wned::0wned:

King Felix
12-07-2006, 05:22 PM
thank god, i dont really have the money to fly down to alabama

NJFINSFAN1
12-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Miami Dolphins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia) coach Nick Saban said Thursday he declined to meet with Alabama officials about their coaching vacancy, while media reports had West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez being offered the job.
"I'm flattered that they may have been interested in me, but it never really progressed, because we just never let it progress," Saban said after practice in Davie, Fla.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2690016

Coral Reefer
12-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Miami Dolphins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia) coach Nick Saban said Thursday he declined to meet with Alabama officials about their coaching vacancy, while media reports had West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez being offered the job.
"I'm flattered that they may have been interested in me, but it never really progressed, because we just never let it progress," Saban said after practice in Davie, Fla.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2690016

So much for Herbstreit's earlier report! :rolleyes2
ESPN hung him out to dry on that one.

I can't believe ESPN jumped on these stupid rumors some idiot Bama booster probably dreamt up in the forrest while smoking Mary Jane in his deer hunt tree stand at 5 AM.

Local media is one thing but for ESPN to jump on all this without any supporting evidence is ridiculous.

Kev83
12-07-2006, 08:58 PM
So much for Herbstreit's earlier report! :rolleyes2
ESPN hung him out to dry on that one.

I can't believe ESPN jumped on these stupid rumors some idiot Bama booster probably dreamt up in the forrest while smoking Mary Jane in his deer hunt tree stand at 5 AM.

Local media is one thing but for ESPN to jump on all this without any supporting evidence is ridiculous.
Well, I'm sure Alabama inquired about the possibilities of Nick leaving. It's not like he's had an amazing nfl experience to date and he has the reputation of leaving a program at his convenience (not the team's). Wayne seems to have shut that down for his Miami tenure, though.

But yeah, the two sides never met and no deal was reached....so I guess the only people "owned," as one poster put it, would be the gullible.

Stitches
12-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Well, I'm sure Alabama inquired about the possibilities of Nick leaving. It's not like he's had an amazing nfl experience to date and he has the reputation of leaving a program at his convenience (not the team's). Wayne seems to have shut that down for his Miami tenure, though.

But yeah, the two sides never met and no deal was reached....so I guess the only people "owned," as one poster put it, would be the gullible.

Like MikeO?