Scatman
12-07-2006, 01:14 AM
ps3 will imporve in time.

DonShula84
12-07-2006, 01:28 AM
I dont really see much difference.

COMEBACKRICKY
12-07-2006, 01:32 AM
its a matter of opinon. i personally like the ps3 graphics. also, the xbox has been out for a year... the ps3, under a month. the develpers are undoubtly more used to making the 360 games look by now

Bruzer
12-07-2006, 09:18 AM
This dont mean much xbox has been out longer...

Phin-o-rama
12-07-2006, 09:36 AM
they will always be similar graphically.....ps3 will never blow 360 out of the water...it won't happen.

Bruzer
12-07-2006, 09:38 AM
they will always be similar graphically.....ps3 will never blow 360 out of the water...it won't happen.

I agree there neither will have a game that blows the other system out of the water.

Motion
12-07-2006, 09:41 AM
:quiet:

I wouldn't say either look better than the other. Looks like they have some contrast issues. Darkness is the most obvious difference.

Phin-o-rama
12-07-2006, 10:27 AM
its evident, with 360's launch games looking as good and better than ps3 launch games that they had longer to develop.

there is no doubt the ps3 processor is more powerful, but, once again....it has been reported by developers that they prefer the 360's ram because it is 512 that can be dictated by the developer as to where it is being used...some parts of the game may call for more ram for the gpu than the cpu and vice versa...it is more flexible. whereas the ps3 also has 512mb ram but it has a set allottment of 256 to gpu, and 256 to cpu.

also i have read that the 360's gpu is a better....now....all this boils down to what is the end result? its all about the games. i honestly think the ps3 will end up looking a little better graphically but not for a while, the 360's ease of developing for will allow devs to take full advantage of the 360's power sooner, easier and on a broader scale.

Phin-o-rama
12-07-2006, 10:42 AM
*sits back and waits for ps3-ites heads to explode*

:)

Bruzer
12-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Way I see it you can assume all you want it doesnt mean anything. Like gamespot said at the end also is xbox has improved as far as lighting since launch. Where as sony hasn't had that chance. I honestly don't think there will be a clear "Winner" in this system war no matter how you spin it. xbox fanboys will always say xbox is better because of blah and blah and same goes for nintendo and sony fanboys. All I got to say is PC ftw! :D

Phin-o-rama
12-07-2006, 11:33 AM
ill agree with that :D

Motion
12-07-2006, 11:37 AM
*sits back and waits for ps3-ites heads to explode*

:)
Why? Thats a pretty fair comment. I wouldn't expect there to be a big difference at this stage in the game.

Instigator :evil:

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-07-2006, 11:56 AM
the only game they had actually worth comparing was Fight Night.

Phin-o-rama
12-07-2006, 11:59 AM
ridge racer

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-07-2006, 12:45 PM
ridge racer

why compare a crappy game that has been crappy title for years?

Pagan
12-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Why? Thats a pretty fair comment. I wouldn't expect there to be a big difference at this stage in the game.
At ANY stage of the game. PS3's graphics will never be THAT much better than the 360's because of one simple reason...money.

Third party developers will NOT spend the extra time developing a completely different game for the PS3. They'll shoot for the lowest common denominator - the 360 - and tweak it a little for the PS3. That makes better business sense.

Now....as far as exclusive titles, you will see the difference.

Motion
12-07-2006, 02:01 PM
At ANY stage of the game. PS3's graphics will never be THAT much better than the 360's because of one simple reason...money.

Third party developers will NOT spend the extra time developing a completely different game for the PS3. They'll shoot for the lowest common denominator - the 360 - and tweak it a little for the PS3. That makes better business sense.

Now....as far as exclusive titles, you will see the difference.

I agree, I was referring to the exclusive titles with the last comment.

Phin-o-rama
12-07-2006, 03:28 PM
the only game they had actually worth comparing was Fight Night.

Apollo Audience and Players Give Unanimous Thumbs-up to Xbox 360 Over PlayStation3 at "Fight Night" Challenge on H3TV

NEW YORK, Dec. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Score one for the "little guy." Microsoft's Xbox 360, which currently owns less than a 20% share of the mega- billion dollar Video Game Console market, delivered a smashing upset of Sony's PlayStation3 in H3TV's head-to-head "Fight Night" battle at the Apollo. The PlayStation brand currently dominates the market with over 60% of the consoles in use.

H3 Enterprises, Inc. (OTC Pink Sheets: HTRE) reported this morning that in a totally unbiased side-by-side face-off on H3TV, witnessed by cameras from CNBC and BET as well as a slew of magazine and newspaper reporters, Xbox 360 administered a convincing beat-down to it's highly sought after rival, PS3.

As a result of H3TV's split screen cyber technology, the overflow crowd was able to witness the two rival gaming consoles being played on the same 1080p monitor at the same time. Utilizing EA Sports' "Fight Night" on both consoles, H3TV was able to give the enthusiastic audience was given a clear view of the head-to-head imagery and graphics of the competing systems.

Many of Harlem's top rappers and "Fight Night" aficionados were given the opportunity to participate and experience the varied features that both consoles offer. The final results were unanimous and resounding.

"Xbox is flat-out better both visually and mechanically," said H3's chief communications officer and world class gamer, Adrian "Hollywood" Walton. "When 'Fight Night' is played at its highest level with the highest possible resolution, everyone was able to see Xbox 360's superiority to PS3 as clear as can be on H3TV."

Dipset and H3 superstar Juelz Santana was just as emphatic in his breakdown of the "Fight Night" face-off: "H3TV completely exposed that PS3's High Definition picture doesn't come close to Xbox, at least for "Fight Night." Everyone that had the opportunity to compete on both consoles scored Xbox higher right across the board."

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/12-07-2006/0004487140&EDATE=

Motion
12-07-2006, 03:33 PM
I believe the horse is dead :wink:

Phin-o-rama
12-07-2006, 03:36 PM
its not dead till i say its dead, just like the hd revolution in gaming doesn't happen until sony says so :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Motion
12-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Well by all means, preach on then............

Phin-o-rama
12-07-2006, 03:55 PM
kk

Nearly a year and a half ago I wrote a column saying that Blu-Ray wins or nothing does. This showcases the reality of doing predictions because while the analysis held up, events did not pan out as anticipated and by any current measure HD-DVD will end this year with a decisive win.

The basis for the prediction, which did accurately point out that Sony’s win here might actually cost them more than a loss, was the PS3 and the forecast volumes for that product. Back in August of 2005 we did know that HD-DVD, which used DVD production technology, would be easier to bring to market but it simply did not seem reasonable that Sony would put their PlayStation franchise at risk for anything but a technology they were absolutely certain they could bring to market on time.

That turned out to be incorrect. The problems with Blu-Ray have created extreme cost and execution problems for Sony and now their premier division (instead of being the profit center for Sony) is predicting they will take a $1.5B loss next year largely resulting from this decision. To put this in perspective, just think what would happen if Apple’s iPod group, instead of generating massive profit, suddenly dropped into massive loss. Now you can see why the Sony PlayStation division just changed out their top executives.

Why HD-DVD is Wining

When you talk to either the HD-DVD or the Blu-Ray camp you get the sense that neither actually watches movies much. Both cite features as the reason why folks will pick one or the other. Yes there is a lame shooting game in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Blu-Ray) and there are a ton of things you can do interactively in HD-DVD (including changing car colors in one scene in The Fast and Furious III: Tokyo Drift). But the movie market moves on quality of movie, price of player, and price and availability of media.

At launch HD-DVD players were about half the price of Blu-Ray players and the movie price for HD-DVD is generally running about $5 less. In addition, many of the new HD-DVD movies also have regular DVD side which means that buyers, most of which will have both HD-DVD and DVD decks, will get better value with HD-DVD than with Blu-Ray – that’s the theory anyways.

All that being said, the killing blow may have been done by Microsoft who decided to bring to market a $200 HD-DVD option for their Xbox 360 which has been in market a year longer than Sony and is projected to have a near 20x installed base advantage by year end (10M Xbox 360 to 600K PS3). Note that both projections are aggressive but Sony was supposed to originally ship 2M PS3s into the market during the 4th quarter and actual numbers (given they had under 200K at launch) may be closer to 400K. And with a recall possible there is a chance they might not even make that. Add to this that the Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive is for movies only, so each one counts for movie viewing while PS3s may not be used to watch movies and you have a situation where the active movie player advantage by year-end should be between 4x and 6x better for HD-DVD over Blu-Ray.

Finally, HP who had been a big Blu-Ray supporter and dominates the Media Center PC market, introduced a $100 HD-DVD upgrade for their PCs (Sony’s Blu-Ray VIAO solution was just dropped to $749). The impact of this last move is still too early to measure but there is no comparably priced (not even close) solution using Blu-Ray.

If you go to Amazon and look you can see HD-DVDs are solidly ahead and this is before the impact of either the Microsoft or the HP moves, many of which won’t be opened until Christmas or haven’t yet been shipped (HP).

Now Sony will stick with a technology for years after the market has decided on another path and they do have some very strong supporters which include Dell, Apple, and Disney. Dell traditionally has been the PC bellwether company, Apple has the most loyal customer base, and Disney is the only Studio that people ask for by name. So these folks, particularly Sony, could drag this on for years. But if that is the case not only will many in the industry not make money, Sony will probably lose the most because they are still the ones doing the heavy lifting (In addition, after the battery problems, neither Dell nor Apple is as close to Sony as they had been).

Right now it appears impossible for Blu-Ray to gain a substantial lead on HD-DVD, even after massive investment, they likely could only close the gap. If the HD market depends on the emergence of one as a standard and Blu-Ray no longer has a chance to be that standard, how long will it be before the Blu-Ray supporters follow HP and switch sides?

Do You Want One Standard?

Now you can evidently help drive this if you are so inclined. There is a petition that has been set up for you to voice your support if you believe that there should be only one and HD-DVD is that one. You can find the petition here . Evidently they had collected 2,300 signatures at the time of this writing.

The petition was put together by HD NOW where the folks have collected a rather interesting list of supporting material which goes far farther than I have on supporting the conclusion that we’ve prematurely crossed over to the point where HD-DVD has won the High Definition DVD competition.

Does Blu-Ray Die?

Blu-Ray has substantial storage capacity advantages for data and could survive as a high capacity personal computer storage medium. While expensive, one non-Sony vendor’s upcoming Blu-Ray laptop solution costs around $800 on top of a $3000 notebook but it gives that product an unmatched removable media capability. But this is a vastly better storage solution for a high-end PC it isn’t a high volume high definition movie watching solution.

So BluRay could indeed survive but probably not for movies only for PS3 games and high-end optical backup. The real question is does the PS3 survive or whether there will ever be a PS4. Some are saying that the PS3 is in deep trouble and some are saying the PS4 will never arrive with massive game defections from PS3 to Xbox.

Wrapping Up

The market wants one solution for High Definition video and we are already starting to see high definition downloads through services like Xbox live. Apple’s iTV is expected to go even further when it launches early next year. It may actually be too late for either of these platforms to move; if folks move aggressively to downloads for high definition content and if High Definition pay per view cable offerings continue to improve, even if I’m correct and HD-DVD has won, it may have actually prevailed too late in the process to survive for long.

Be that as it may, with a 4x to 6x advantage by year end, you’d have to conclude that HD-DVD has reached a point where it can’t lose and Blu-Ray is only now in a position to ensure both platforms lose. That last option still appears most likely if the market doesn’t move aggressively to one HD platform

http://news.digitaltrends.com/talkback158.html

Bruzer
12-07-2006, 04:06 PM
We get the point you think xbox is far suprior to ps3 lol don't need to keep saying it. I personally don't care I am getting both so I have best of both worlds. This gaming area is getting old with all the xbox vs ps3 threads.

Stitches
12-07-2006, 04:09 PM
We get the point you think xbox is far suprior to ps3 lol don't need to keep saying it. I personally don't care I am getting both so I have best of both worlds. This gaming area is getting old with all the xbox vs ps3 threads.

Agreed. let's make a PC vs Wiiiiiiiiiiiiii thread.

Motion
12-07-2006, 04:13 PM

You think? I was starting to think so but wasn't quite sure.

Bruzer
12-07-2006, 04:14 PM
I thought so about 5 threads ago.

Motion
12-07-2006, 04:15 PM
I thought so about 5 threads ago.
Only 5?:D

Stitches
12-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Only 5?:D

Lets make it 6 with a contoller comparison. :wink:

Phin-o-rama
12-07-2006, 04:30 PM
yawn, i set out on a mission months ago to put you sony-fanbots in check....

Bruzer
12-07-2006, 04:32 PM
If I wanted to I could make a thread for every problem 360 has but whats the point? Its a game system if they like it let them.

mor911
12-07-2006, 04:36 PM
a fightnight comparison seems lieka fair comparison... it was a 360 launch title.

As far as the graphics... meh. For a bunch of people that scream about the Wii being great because graphics aren't everything... you guys sure do seem to give a huge crap about graphics.

Note -- This message was not directed at anyone in paticular.

Motion
12-07-2006, 04:39 PM
yawn, i set out on a mission months ago to put you sony-fanbots in check....

:sleep: Your failing miserably. Not that I'm a Sony fanboy or anything. But I must ask, why are you so intent on convincing people which system is better? As long as you have the one you want who cares?

Bruzer
12-07-2006, 04:42 PM
a fightnight comparison seems lieka fair comparison... it was a 360 launch title.

As far as the graphics... meh. For a bunch of people that scream about the Wii being great because graphics aren't everything... you guys sure do seem to give a huge crap about graphics.

Note -- This message was not directed at anyone in paticular.

Well in defense of people thinking that way ps3 and xbox where directed at graphics where as wii wasn't.

Wii will be my first system getting it sometime this month hopefully.

Stitches
12-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Well in defense of people thinking that way ps3 and xbox where directed at graphics where as wii wasn't.

Wii will be my first system getting it sometime this month hopefully.

Cool, I hope I can find one this month, so my roomate can get it. I can't wait to womp him in bowling, as I throw the contoller through the tv. :tongue:

Bruzer
12-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Cool, I hope I can find one this month, so my roomate can get it. I can't wait to womp him in bowling, as I throw the contoller through the tv. :tongue:

Yea if I don't it wont bother me I will be starting work in a a week or 2 doing nightshift most likely so I won't have as much time for gaming. Between Working, Sleeping, Eating, Online Programming Courses and shower I wont have much time for gaming anymore which sucks.

Stitches
12-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Yea if I don't it wont bother me I will be starting work in a a week or 2 doing nightshift most likely so I won't have as much time for gaming. Between Working, Sleeping, Eating, Online Programming Courses and shower I wont have much time for gaming anymore which sucks.

Yea, I'm hoping next school semester I have time, because I'll still have to work part time, and study, and find time for the g/f.

Phin-o-rama
12-07-2006, 04:56 PM
:sleep: Your failing miserably. Not that I'm a Sony fanboy or anything. But I must ask, why are you so intent on convincing people which system is better? As long as you have the one you want who cares?

because all over the boards there was many who put sony/ps3 on a pedestal and downplayed the 360 immensely....its not happening as much now though, and probably more thanks to sony's actual product than the posts i make. people are realizing that sony blew hot air up their ***....i just find fanboys funny, some would say ive been a M$ fanboy, but really ive posted facts from various articles/comparisons and provide links to these things....so its not like I am making this stuff up....if ps3 was as good as all the sony fans on this board were claiming, and half as good as what sony made it out to be, it'd be different.

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-07-2006, 05:25 PM
because all over the boards there was many who put sony/ps3 on a pedestal and downplayed the 360 immensely....its not happening as much now though, and probably more thanks to sony's actual product than the posts i make. people are realizing that sony blew hot air up their ***....i just find fanboys funny, some would say ive been a M$ fanboy, but really ive posted facts from various articles/comparisons and provide links to these things....so its not like I am making this stuff up....if ps3 was as good as all the sony fans on this board were claiming, and half as good as what sony made it out to be, it'd be different.

I really don't think there is much Fanboyism on this board. So far I would say you are by far the biggest fanboy.

Phin-o-rama
12-07-2006, 05:39 PM
bleh

Amars
12-08-2006, 12:08 AM
For the money the 360 is the way to go. Give PS3 a year and that might be different.

Scatman
12-08-2006, 03:14 AM
the only thing i dont get is why sony is wasting there time releasing god of war 2 for ps2 wen theyve shoulda spent that time making it for ps3......there would have been there for sure kkiller app in 2007 and a huge system seller. but ohh no.

Bruzer
12-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Its more up to developers they already had a god of war engine for ps2. Plenty of work already done. It makes more sense to make 1 more title for ps2 then completely restart for ps3.

UltraDol-Fan
12-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Right now I think Sony's success for the PS3 will depend on Blu Ray, if it fails the cost for the system won't be justified next year...

Stitches
12-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Right now I think Sony's success for the PS3 will depend on Blu Ray, if it fails the cost for the system won't be justified next year...

Very true. But part of the large installation base of DVDs at first, was because of how many ps2's were sold. The format probably still won't be decided within the next year(in the public eye). So if Sony can produce enough systems by the end of quarter 1 next year, they will be headed in the right direction in reinforcing thier attempted grips on next gen format with Blu-Ray. Gamers will certainly play a large role in determining which format ultimately pans out.

Scatman
12-08-2006, 12:16 PM
you know the thing is, even if its the greatest quality in the world, to pay 30+ dollars for a movie is crazy. i can sorta see how games can justify this, but to me to charge that much for a movie is rediculous. i thought 20 for a dvd was kinda a lot or at least as much as id pay...... if they want bluray to succeed they gotta lower the costs of the discs to almost dvd prices...so people really see that they could have something a lot better than what they currently have. but to spend a ton on the player and then 30-40 every movie, when most people already have dvd collections...i dont think its gonna work out all that well with the masses.

Phin-o-rama
12-08-2006, 12:28 PM
its quite possible that neither format will really 'succeed'

many people aren't obsessed with hd quality movies, and opt for dvd's being the perfect medium...

i mean so many people would rather d/l a movie thats in the theater that someone recorded with a camcorder and watch it on their pc, then go pay the $$ to watch it on a big screen with surround sound at the theater....

Motion
12-08-2006, 12:43 PM
i mean so many people would rather d/l a movie thats in the theater that someone recorded with a camcorder and watch it on their pc, then go pay the $$ to watch it on a big screen with surround sound at the theater....

I would definitely like to see a survey on that, I don't agree at all. Just my opinion.

Stitches
12-08-2006, 12:44 PM
you know the thing is, even if its the greatest quality in the world, to pay 30+ dollars for a movie is crazy. i can sorta see how games can justify this, but to me to charge that much for a movie is rediculous. i thought 20 for a dvd was kinda a lot or at least as much as id pay...... if they want bluray to succeed they gotta lower the costs of the discs to almost dvd prices...so people really see that they could have something a lot better than what they currently have. but to spend a ton on the player and then 30-40 every movie, when most people already have dvd collections...i dont think its gonna work out all that well with the masses.

You know VHS used to cost like $80(more in some cases) to buy when they first were available. The $30 price won't last once they can sell more. I seem to recall DVDs costing a lot more than VHS at the time of thier inception too.

Stitches
12-08-2006, 12:46 PM
I would definitely like to see a survey on that, I don't agree at all. Just my opinion.

I saw a movie that was in theatre at the time that I d/l. I got it from someone who must have used a camcorder. I about threw up, from the movement and picture quality and stuff. To make matters wors it had subtitles, so I couldn't even watch the movie, because I couldn't read what was on the screen because the picture was so unclear.

Motion
12-08-2006, 12:50 PM
I saw a movie that was in theatre at the time that I d/l. I got it from someone who must have used a camcorder. I about threw up, from the movement and picture quality and stuff. To make matters wors it had subtitles, so I couldn't even watch the movie, because I couldn't read what was on the screen because the picture was so unclear.
Exactly, I've seen them too. I have an extremely hard time believing that the majority of people would rather watch that than in a theater.

mor911
12-08-2006, 12:58 PM
huh, good rips of movies comes out a week or two after the release.

screw cams. telesync is okay but telecine is great.
:yes: :hi5:

DeathStar
12-08-2006, 01:13 PM
very wierd...where did my post go? haha.

huh, good rips of movies comes out a week or two after the release.

screw cams. telesync is okay but telecine is great.

Motion
12-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Where do you DL these?

Mike13
12-08-2006, 02:23 PM

Exactly who gives a ****?

Anyway I don't think they've really pushed the limits of what the systems can do graphically.

Bruzer
12-08-2006, 02:44 PM
I think gears is about as good as you will see xbox360. ps3 I will wait for more titles before i make a judgement on its graphical power.

Scatman
12-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Where do you DL these?

ahhh the age old question....... somethings you have to figure out for yourself..and if you really really want it, youll find the answer.

i kniow vhs started high and went lower with time...but thats been about it. dvds have remained about the same price, games have gotten more expensive. i really dot see blue ray getting cheaper any time soon unless they actually wise up. i know the media, technology so to say goes down in price with time, but lately they havent flowwed the price reduction to the consumers.

"its quite possible that neither format will really 'succeed'

many people aren't obsessed with hd quality movies, and opt for dvd's being the perfect medium...

i mean so many people would rather d/l a movie thats in the theater that someone recorded with a camcorder and watch it on their pc, then go pay the $$ to watch it on a big screen with surround sound at the theater...."

agree phin

Phin-o-rama
12-08-2006, 03:19 PM
I think gears is about as good as you will see xbox360. ps3 I will wait for more titles before i make a judgement on its graphical power.

i completely disagree......gears is the tip of the iceberg imo (and ps3 will also have their share of jaw dropping games)

Motion
12-08-2006, 03:21 PM
ahhh the age old question....... somethings you have to figure out for yourself..and if you really really want it, youll find the answer.

:hmmm:

I'm not searching for the fountain of youth here Shakespeare. That was directed at that particular format that was mentioned. I don't want any camcorder footage. But I got my answer, thanks anyway.

Motion
12-08-2006, 03:24 PM
i completely disagree......gears is the tip of the iceberg imo (and ps3 will also have their share of jaw dropping games)

I agree, its far to early in the game to set that kinda standard.

Bruzer
12-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Well reason I say that ps2 or even xbox did im prove a little but you can't say that ps2 had a game that you could say was a tip of a iceberg. Also if you notice in gears all the environments are farely small in view distance. I think reason for that is becuase I don't think xbox could run that kind of detail in a wide open area.

Hell ps3 games will get better but I have never seen a game that completly made ps2, xbox or even gamecube look much better than before. Most of the time if you look it was lighting change and not much in detail. MGS2 vs MGS3. Mgs 3 looks better but if you notice its all small areas and you could look at a mgs2 scene and a mgs3 scene and poly counts are about exact same. Mainly lighting and art work made mgs3 look better.

I just don't see ps3 or xbox360 getting a whole lot better than gears. I am sure there will be great game with better lighting but as far as graphical power I don't see a whole lot better coming personally.

Dolfan984
12-08-2006, 04:17 PM
IMO the difference in graphics (eventually, not atm) between the 360 and the PS3 will be like the difference between the XBox and the PS2 but this time in favor of Sony.

TheMageGandalf
12-08-2006, 04:33 PM
IMO the difference in graphics (eventually, not atm) between the 360 and the PS3 will be like the difference between the XBox and the PS2 but this time in favor of Sony.

Yes and no.

With the last generation you had a pretty wide gap in CPU MHZ.

Thats not the case this time around.

The PS3 might have more 'cores' but thats like saying an AMD 4200+ 2.2 gig is the same as a 4.4 gig which is not the case.

Other than floating point, the 360 meets or beats the PS3 in many tests.

Even on the floating point test the 360 comes close.

So in essence you have two of the same machine and its up to developers to utilize the tech each machine has to make the games customized to each spec.

The 360 is easier to make for and has more memory.

The PS3 has more cores and hence better floating point tech.

You need to take a game and say, OK the PS3 cannot do this and this because it lacks what the 360 has....BUT we CAN do this and this which we cant do in the 360.

So you'll have one game which has certain details that look better on the 360 and then again, when you look at the PS3 version, it'll look better in spots that might not look so hot on the 360 version.

Its going to trade off that way. These two machines tech are just too close to call.

Dolfan984
12-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Yes and no.

With the last generation you had a pretty wide gap in CPU MHZ.

Thats not the case this time around.

The PS3 might have more 'cores' but thats like saying an AMD 4200+ 2.2 gig is the same as a 4.4 gig which is not the case.

Other than floating point, the 360 meets or beats the PS3 in many tests.

Even on the floating point test the 360 comes close.

So in essence you have two of the same machine and its up to developers to utilize the tech each machine has to make the games customized to each spec.

The 360 is easier to make for and has more memory.

The PS3 has more cores and hence better floating point tech.

You need to take a game and say, OK the PS3 cannot do this and this because it lacks what the 360 has....BUT we CAN do this and this which we cant do in the 360.

So you'll have one game which has certain details that look better on the 360 and then again, when you look at the PS3 version, it'll look better in spots that might not look so hot on the 360 version.

Its going to trade off that way. These two machines tech are just too close to call.

wow, i didn't think the 360 beat the PS3 at anything. thought it was either the same or worse. my bad.

Fresh
12-08-2006, 06:07 PM
I haven't even touched my PS3 since the first week I got it, since I already have Madden and 2k7 for 360, along with Rainbow Six: Vegas and Saints Row. The only PS3 game I have is Need For Speed: Carbon.

Next year, my 360 will basically be a throw away, as I'll get Madden 08 and NBA 2k8 for PS3, and so on and so forth (GTA 4, the next Need For Speed, etc.)

mor911
12-08-2006, 07:38 PM
I haven't even touched my PS3 since the first week I got it, since I already have Madden and 2k7 for 360, along with Rainbow Six: Vegas and Saints Row. The only PS3 game I have is Need For Speed: Carbon.

Next year, my 360 will basically be a throw away, as I'll get Madden 08 and NBA 2k8 for PS3, and so on and so forth (GTA 4, the next Need For Speed, etc.)you have a PS3 :wow: I think you're the only one on the board that has one...

Scatman
12-08-2006, 08:07 PM
:hmmm:

I'm not searching for the fountain of youth here Shakespeare. That was directed at that particular format that was mentioned. I don't want any camcorder footage. But I got my answer, thanks anyway.

i was messing with you "plato"

Fresh
12-09-2006, 04:37 PM
you have a PS3 :wow: I think you're the only one on the board that has one...

If I had to wait in line, I wouldn't get one either.

Did you guys see the lines at Best Buy, for about 3-5 days? :eek:

I had the hookup for two, and I sold one.

Dors156
12-10-2006, 01:16 PM
the ps3 just seems darker imo