PDA

View Full Version : The U recruiting

RiderOnTheStorm
12-07-2006, 02:22 PM
How does Miami's 2006 recruiting class look so far? Has the firing of Coker had any impact on the number of commitments? Which players are worth keeping an eye on?

bigmiamifan
12-07-2006, 08:00 PM
I think the biggest thing (am I was appalled when I read it) was for 1-2 years we didn't recruit OL, and then the next year or so we didn't recruit WR and last year we didn't get a QB. So, for the last few years Coker was recruited what!?! Our OL has sucked for 4 years now and we haven't had decent WRs for 3 years. Awesome job recruiting Coker.

Who ever we get, please be less of a moron when recruiting positions OF NEED.

kpcane
12-13-2006, 02:00 PM
We lost a corner last week (early commit Phelon Jones), but we have 4 WR commits already...highlighted by five star JUCO prospect farguharson, and yesterday 4 star recruit hankerson from st. thomas aquinas committed as well.
We haven't picked up any o-tackles yet - we don't need to if youngblood and fox are healthy next year - and we have had 4 star recruit Gunn for some time now at guard.

Motion
12-13-2006, 02:04 PM
They have dropped off some, ranked 44th right now, but there is still plenty of time left before February.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=880

kpcane
12-13-2006, 02:08 PM
It doesn't matter where we're ranked. We won championships when our recruiting classes weren't great, and we went downhill once our recruiting was at the top of those lists. I'm just glad we're bringing the south florida guys in, cuz that's all that matters.

kpcane
12-13-2006, 07:01 PM
We just landed our 5th WR of this class - 4 star recruit Jermaine McKenzie decommitted from Bama and committed to us today.

305TillIDie
12-14-2006, 08:33 AM
We just landed our 5th WR of this class - 4 star recruit Jermaine McKenzie decommitted from Bama and committed to us today.:yes:

Shannon and his staff is recruiting their *** off...its looking good :D

bigmiamifan
12-14-2006, 01:04 PM
We just landed our 5th WR of this class - 4 star recruit Jermaine McKenzie decommitted from Bama and committed to us today.

I hope his #8 ranked record setting QB follows him to the U. We need to grab some QBs too.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-14-2006, 01:07 PM
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/colleges/university_of_miami/16232792.htm

omg i would be so jealous if you guys get Robert Marve. he looks like the real deal.

Stitches
12-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Verbal commits don't mean they are going for sure. You shouldn't get so high at the moment. I wait until the ink is dry on those letters of intent, before I get really excited.

Stitches
12-14-2006, 01:26 PM
64th! :woot: That's almost the top half. lol. Still early though.

Skeet84
12-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Verbal commits don't mean they are going for sure. You shouldn't get so high at the moment. I wait until the ink is dry on those letters of intent, before I get really excited.

Yeah thats about the truth these days. So many commits and decommits

Alex44
12-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Were up to 40th and I expect to keep rising

Skeet84
12-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Were up to 40th and I expect to keep rising

Wouldn't expect too much.

NJL52
12-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Deonte will sign, joining the muck trio. Miami will have by far the best WR class in the nation. 2 5 stars, 3 4 stars.

I have a feeling we got Marve, just a gut feeling.

5 star rb Craig Cooper recently decommited but I think he stays.

Overall this won't be a bad year, won't be the top but won't be bad.

Next year, however, will be amazing. Best south Florida graduating class EVER. If next year Miami isn't top 5 recruiting then Shannon sucks.

DonShula84
12-14-2006, 10:42 PM
Deonte will sign, joining the muck trio. Miami will have by far the best WR class in the nation. 2 5 stars, 3 4 stars.

I have a feeling we got Marve, just a gut feeling.

5 star rb Craig Cooper recently decommited but I think he stays.

Overall this won't be a bad year, won't be the top but won't be bad.

Next year, however, will be amazing. Best south Florida graduating class EVER. If next year Miami isn't top 5 recruiting then Shannon sucks.

Where are you getting 2 5 star WR from?

Caps
12-15-2006, 12:06 AM
Kayne Farquharson and (in his scenario) Deonte Thompson.

Skeet84
12-15-2006, 12:47 AM
I am not so sure Deonte Thompson is going to the Canes and I also seriuosly doubt that Miami has a top 5 recruiting class next year. ( I am just playing odds with I don't think Shannon is guna be a really great recruiter )

NJL52
12-15-2006, 12:47 AM

Yup.

Alex44
12-15-2006, 12:50 AM
I am not so sure Deonte Thompson is going to the Canes and I also seriuosly doubt that Miami has a top 5 recruiting class next year. ( I am just playing odds with I don't think Shannon is guna be a really great recruiter )

Why not?

There are plenty of reasons to think he will be. Im not sure what the reasons he wouldnt be are.

Skeet84
12-15-2006, 12:54 AM
Why not?

There are plenty of reasons to think he will be. Im not sure what the reasons he wouldnt be are.

when I say Great I mean Great! There are alot of good recruiters and I don't think next year will be a top 5 class. Besides what reasons are there that he will be great? None. Lets what he does next year in recruting.

Alex44
12-15-2006, 12:59 AM
when I say Great I mean Great! There are alot of good recruiters and I don't think next year will be a top 5 class. Besides what reasons are there that he will be great? None. Lets what he does next year in recruting.

He has ties with just about every high school coach in South Florida. Kids love him. Miami always has ex-stars talk to the kids (E.James, Ray Lewis, Sean Taylor etc.). He grew up in Miami, kids relate to him etc.

There are plenty of reasons he should be extremely good if not great.

305TillIDie
12-15-2006, 01:00 AM
He has ties with just about every high school coach in South Florida. Kids love him. Miami always has ex-stars talk to the kids (E.James, Ray Lewis, Sean Taylor etc.). He grew up in Miami, kids relate to him etc.

There are plenty of reasons he should be extremely good if not great.:yeahthat:

he knows south florida..he is south florida

all Randy have to do is walk in a Miami Northwestrn High or a school in south florida and he'll get big time recruits..everyone respect him...everyone knows him..he will do a great job in recruiting

NJL52
12-15-2006, 01:12 AM

If you were playing odds you would be agreeing with me. Regardless if you like Miami or not, it is still one of the most popular, top 3 at least, colleges amongst young athletes. Miami is currently lacking good players in alot of positions, there is a huge opportunity to make an impact early on for recruits. South Florida has never seen as much talent as there will be next year. Northwestern highschool current Junior class alone is better then all of Sofla this year. And Northwestern players going to Miami is up there with death and taxes.

Also, Randy Shannon has had the Hurricanes as one of the best defenses since hes been here and look at the stars he has produced. Not to mention that he lives and breathes SoFla and Sofla people respect him for that.

305TillIDie
12-15-2006, 01:15 AM
Backyard Recruiting baby..nothing like it :yes:

Skeet84
12-15-2006, 01:19 AM

There are plenty of reasons he should be extremely good if not great.

Just becuase you ties to South Florida does not mean anything. I am sure that most colleges have ties to other parts of Florida. Besides there are other programs with stars too. I mean Miami may have the most, But Florida State is not so shabby itself. Everything you said does not mean he can recruit good and if your going to be the best you have to get the best talent all around not just near Miami

Skeet84
12-15-2006, 01:20 AM
Backyard Recruiting baby..nothing like it :yes:

National recruiting! Nothing like it!

305TillIDie
12-15-2006, 01:24 AM
Just becuase you ties to South Florida does not mean anything. I am sure that most colleges have ties to other parts of Florida. Besides there are other programs with stars too. I mean Miami may have the most, But Florida State is not so shabby itself. Everything you said does not mean he can recruit good and if your going to be the best you have to get the best talent all around not just near Miamihuh?

that doesnt mean anything?

to the kids, it means ALOT..you dont understand how kids here love the Unveristy of Miami..hell, most of them was cane fans growing up...you cant say it "does mean anything"

Skeet84
12-15-2006, 01:25 AM
If you were playing odds you would be agreeing with me. Regardless if you like Miami or not, it is still one of the most popular, top 3 at least, colleges amongst young athletes. Miami is currently lacking good players in alot of positions, there is a huge opportunity to make an impact early on for recruits. South Florida has never seen as much talent as there will be next year. Northwestern highschool current Junior class alone is better then all of Sofla this year. And Northwestern players going to Miami is up there with death and taxes.

Also, Randy Shannon has had the Hurricanes as one of the best defenses since hes been here and look at the stars he has produced. Not to mention that he lives and breathes SoFla and Sofla people respect him for that.

How is he so popular coach? Yes Miami is lacking and they could go other places and win now and be at a better program! There may be alot of talent, But I doubt Miami will get all of it and there are other teams that recruit instate also. You may have heard of the Florida and Florida State! Oh and if kids are gunna be so great than National powers will be down there too. Ok so he has had one of the best defense's in the country.... What about offense and proving he can win with both sides of the ball. If he does not win then he won't get the recruits and lets see a few games before we start building the statue.

NJL52
12-15-2006, 01:27 AM
National recruiting! Nothing like it!

You can take the talent from North Dakota and Montana, I'll be happy with Florida.

Skeet84
12-15-2006, 01:27 AM
huh?

that doesnt mean anything?

to the kids, it means ALOT..you dont understand how kids here love the Unveristy of Miami..hell, most of them was cane fans growing up...you cant say it "does mean anything"

Well having ties will help, But Not as much as you think. The decision is up to the kids and where they wanna go. Just because you grow up a fan of a team does not mean you always go there. I have seen alot were they grow up fans of home team and go to a rival.

Skeet84
12-15-2006, 01:30 AM
You can take the talent from North Dakota and Montana, I'll be happy with Florida.

No it gets it from everywhere! Percy Harvin Virginia Beach, Virginia
Brandon Spikes South Carolina Two of the biggest names for Florida recruiting last year and they did not come out of Florida. Like I said National recruting nothing like it. Its ok to be able to recruit in your backyard, But its another to do it in a rivals backyard.

305TillIDie
12-15-2006, 01:36 AM
Well having ties will help, But Not as much as you think. The decision is up to the kids and where they wanna go. Just because you grow up a fan of a team does not mean you always go there. I have seen alot were they grow up fans of home team and go to a rival.of course they will go all over the country...that happen all the time..having ties here in south florida is a huge deal..look at Greg from Rutgers..hes been pulling florida kids like crazy...he ends up with a good record and turned that program around

kids see Portis, McGahee, Ray Lewis, Shockey, Gore, Vilma, Moss brothers and others come back to Miami and workout..Miami will get recruits from all over the nation and here

it will happen

305TillIDie
12-15-2006, 01:38 AM
No it gets it from everywhere! Percy Harvin Virginia Beach, Virginia
Brandon Spikes South Carolina Two of the biggest names for Florida recruiting last year and they did not come out of Florida. Like I said National recruting nothing like it. Its ok to be able to recruit in your backyard, But its another to do it in a rivals backyard.Miami, Florida, FSU, Tennessee, USC and everyone else gets National recruits

Skeet84
12-15-2006, 01:42 AM
of course they will go all over the country...that happen all the time..having ties here in south florida is a huge deal..look at Greg from Rutgers..hes been pulling florida kids like crazy...he ends up with a good record and turned that program around

kids see Portis, McGahee, Ray Lewis, Shockey, Gore, Vilma, Moss brothers and others come back to Miami and workout..Miami will get recruits from all over the nation and here

it will happen

Let me see them pull them in. I never said the guy was gunna suck. However saying he is one of the best is alittle outrageous. I mean lets see what they do next year in recruiting

Skeet84
12-15-2006, 01:43 AM
Miami, Florida, FSU, Tennessee, USC and everyone else gets National recruits

The Best talent in the country is alittle different than getting a three star guy from somewhere else.

NJL52
12-15-2006, 01:47 AM
How is he so popular coach?
Born and raised in Dade. Played for Miami, coached for Miami for many years. How else does somebody gain popularity in an area? If you are questioning that he is popular, take my word for it, he is.

Yes Miami is lacking and they could go other places and win now and be at a better program!
It's a two way street, the same amount of kids will want to win and the same amount of kids will want playing time. We see this every year.

Not to mention, Miami is returning 9 starters from the nations number 4 defense and replacing those 2 that left with 2 players that many think will be first rounders (Antonio Dixon and Anthony Reddick) They will also return 10 starters on Offense while adding 2 5 star Jucos (Kayne and Cooper) and at least 1 other 5 star freshie.

There may be alot of talent, But I doubt Miami will get all of it and there are other teams that recruit instate also. You may have heard of the Florida and Florida State! Oh and if kids are gunna be so great than National powers will be down there too.
Same as every year, everybody will be recruiting in SoFla. Not like this will be the first year that Michigan is allowed to recruit down here.

On top of that, it is SoFla talent, not Lakeland or Nease or the panhandle. I'm talking 561, 954 and 305: the Miami pipelines.

Ok so he has had one of the best defense's in the country.... What about offense and proving he can win with both sides of the ball.

Everything he has touched he has turned to gold. He has been just about flawless in coaching the defense, no reason to doubt him when it comes to other aspects of the game.

If he does not win then he won't get the recruits and lets see a few games before we start building the statue.

And there is no reason to say he won't win. With only 3 ranked opponments next year, it is hard to believe Miami won't win at the bare minimum 9.

And nobody is building a statue, you doubted Shannon's ability to recruit and we are supplying you with information to counter.

Skeet84
12-15-2006, 01:54 AM
Born and raised in Dade. Played for Miami, coached for Miami for many years. How else does somebody gain popularity in an area? If you are questioning that he is popular, take my word for it, he is.

It's a two way street, the same amount of kids will want to win and the same amount of kids will want playing time. We see this every year.

Not to mention, Miami is returning 9 starters from the nations number 4 defense and replacing those 2 that left with 2 players that many think will be first rounders (Antonio Dixon and Anthony Reddick) They will also return 10 starters on Offense while adding 2 5 star Jucos (Kayne and Cooper) and at least 1 other 5 star freshie.

Same as every year, everybody will be recruiting in SoFla. Not like this will be the first year that Michigan is allowed to recruit down here.

On top of that, it is SoFla talent, not Lakeland or Nease or the panhandle. I'm talking 561, 954 and 305: the Miami pipelines.

Everything he has touched he has turned to gold. He has been just about flawless in coaching the defense, no reason to doubt him when it comes to other aspects of the game.

And there is no reason to say he won't win. With only 3 ranked opponments next year, it is hard to believe Miami won't win at the bare minimum 9.

And nobody is building a statue, you doubted Shannon's ability to recruit and we are supplying you with information to counter.

You supply this info that I could just as easily turn on you. If you think some of those kids won't go to Florida and Florida state your crazy. Just because he is popular as a coach does not mean a whole lot. Shannon has been with the Hurricanes awhile now and has not got all the recruits that you say he is gunna get now. All I am saying is lets see some results

NJL52
12-15-2006, 01:54 AM
The Best talent in the country is alittle different than getting a three star guy from somewhere else.

Out of state teams don't recruit the 3 stars, they only target the 5 stars(at least in the cases of Texas, Miami, Florida, FSU and USC.)

The 3 stars are taken from local teams to spread loyalty in the community. A 5 star junior sees his 3 star friend taken by Miami and he gets persuaded some to keep the loyalty. As is the case of Tarus McKinley(the 3 star) and Deonte Thompson(the 5 star.) Miami offered Tarus McKinley because he is a SoFla 3 star and Deonte is likely to follow.

NJL52
12-15-2006, 02:06 AM
You supply this info that I could just as easily turn on you. If you think some of those kids won't go to Florida and Florida state your crazy. Just because he is popular as a coach does not mean a whole lot. Shannon has been with the Hurricanes awhile now and has not got all the recruits that you say he is gunna get now. All I am saying is lets see some results
First: Again, FSU and Florida have always been there. Lets say, for example, Miami claims 40% of the So Fla kids, FSU takes 15, Florida takes 10, and out of state takes 10%. (Not saying these numbers are correct, just an example.) If one year there are 10 4 and 5 star players then Miami claims 4. If another year there are 20 then Miami claims 8. The more kids to sign, the more Miami will sign, it's a simple formula.

Second: The key thing is exactly where these kids come from. From Northwestern(comparable to a farm team in baseball is to the major league team) there are two 5 stars, at least 2 4 stars, some 3/4 tweeners and a few 3. Not to mention other Miami pipelines such as Ely, Booker T, Chaminade, Atlantic, Aquinas are loaded.

To say that So Fla is absolutely loaded next year is a vast understatement.

Third: As far as results, in the week or so Shannon has been the head coach he has gotten Verbals from: Jermaine McKenzie, Leonard Hankerson, Adewale Ojomo, Daniel Adderly. He has brought back consideration from Phelon Jones and DVD and will likely land Marve and DT soon.

Alex44
12-15-2006, 02:06 AM

Of course it means a lot. If your stuck between 3 schools (Miami, FSU and Florida lets just say for the heck of it) and you really cant decide, you will go with the coach that you like best.

The #12 defense in the Nation didnt recruit itself. He had just as much to do with that as Coker did.

Not to mention on the Offensive side of the ball he has already secured a 5 star WR (he is ranked a 4 star on one site and a 5 on another) three 4 star WR's, is going to land the #23 QB in the nation (#8 Pro Style QB, there is very little doubt we will land him) and a couple more 4 star recruits.

Just in a week or so he has gotten players that werent ever looking at UM anymore to either commit of be in their top 3 schools.

Thats very impressive in a year that could have been a disaster.

DonShula84
12-15-2006, 03:12 AM

Rivals has Kayne and Thompson as a 4 star, 1 of your WR as a 3 star and 1 as a 2 star.

I have no doubt Shannon will be good, but he's been recruiting for a couple years and it isnt like the UM classes have been great as of late.

305TillIDie
12-15-2006, 03:16 AM
scout has him at a 5 star..thats what the guy was talking about

Kayne Farquharson (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=13&p=8&c=1&nid=2507158)

305TillIDie
12-15-2006, 03:22 AM
Rivals has Kayne and Thompson as a 4 star, 1 of your WR as a 3 star and 1 as a 2 star.

I have no doubt Shannon will be good, but he's been recruiting for a couple years and it isnt like the UM classes have been great as of late.Coker had the final say on guys Randy wanted..but now, Randy is the man in charge and hes a much much better recruiter than Larry..its showing right now..especially at the WR position

DonShula84
12-15-2006, 03:26 AM
Coker had the final say on guys Randy wanted..but now, Randy is the man in charged and hes a much much better recruiter than Larry..its showing right now..especially at the WR position

I have no doubt he'll do better than Coker but if he doesnt win I'm not sure him being respected and a nice guy will matter all that much. Also, I just wouldnt assume he'll pull in a top 5 class next year because he pulled in a couple WR and recruits S. Florida well. Seems like U fans are putting a lot of pressure on him and he's had the job for a week. Besides ND is taking over Florida one class at a time :wink:

305TillIDie
12-15-2006, 03:28 AM
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/colleges/university_of_miami/16232792.htm

omg i would be so jealous if you guys get Robert Marve. he looks like the real deal.it looks like he will talk with your boys at USF..that would be one hell of a steal for the Bulls :eek:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/briefingroom?playerId=38693

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-15-2006, 09:33 AM
it looks like he will talk with your boys at USF..that would be one hell of a steal for the Bulls :eek:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/briefingroom?playerId=38693
well, while i'd love that, i really like matt grothe, and he's going to start for 3 more years, so i don't know why marve would go to USF. miami or alabama makes sense.

Stitches
12-15-2006, 09:42 AM
I have no doubt he'll do better than Coker but if he doesnt win I'm not sure him being respected and a nice guy will matter all that much. Also, I just wouldnt assume he'll pull in a top 5 class next year because he pulled in a couple WR and recruits S. Florida well. Seems like U fans are putting a lot of pressure on him and he's had the job for a week. Besides ND is taking over Florida one class at a time :wink:

:yeahthat:

kpcane
12-15-2006, 12:44 PM
Nobody's putting pressure on Randy Shannon. I'd say he's already exceeded our expectations for this year's recruiting, and I can only imagine it's going to get better this year.
I don't think I'm expecting too much out of him to bring us at least an ACC title next year, considering our competition. We have way more talent on this team than any other in the ACC...although I thought Clemson was loaded this year too. Ga tech should be nothing next year, and Va tech is always a challenge, but we should take them.

Cuban Dave 9
12-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Maybe it's not so much pressure on Shannon but the expectations the fans down here have for the U year in year out. They want a Chip every year. Highly unrealistic

bigmiamifan
12-15-2006, 02:52 PM
I thought Marve was visiting UM this weekend was going to follow his WR here?

Stitches
12-15-2006, 03:06 PM
Maybe it's not so much pressure on Shannon but the expectations the fans down here have for the U year in year out. They want a Chip every year. Highly unrealistic

That's what I meant when I said these guys(the fans) are putting a lot of pressure on him.

Skeet84
12-15-2006, 04:20 PM
The University of Miami fans have unreal expectations about Randy Shannon. I really believe he will be a good recruiter, But for you guys to say that he is gunna out recruit Florida, Florida State, and other powers is crazy. He did a great job with the Defense and no one will deny that. That is always a good defense, But what offense that was any good did they stop? Big thing for me was how the Louisville back up picked them apart. Shannon has alot to prove, But Miami fans are already talking like he has won a national title. What other head coaching experince does he have?

Jaydog57
12-15-2006, 04:25 PM
I'm not worried about Shannon's recruiting at all. He was born in Florida, went to school at Miami, and was the DC when we had the unstoppable defense in '01. We didn't allow a SINGLE sack all year. People know who he is down there, and they know who comes out of that school and how well they do in the NFL. We like to keep our recruiting down south because that's where some of the best players come from. Why give them the opportunity to go up north and possibly have a crappy college career? Some of the best players come from other places, but a LOT of the best come from Florida, and that's the state they want to go to school in, and we like to keep it that way. :peace:

Mike13
12-15-2006, 05:42 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?u=2906)

I thought Marve was visiting UM this weekend was going to follow his WR here?

Thats what I heard, that would be a great move for UM to get back on track.

kpcane
12-15-2006, 05:57 PM
The University of Miami fans have unreal expectations about Randy Shannon. I really believe he will be a good recruiter, But for you guys to say that he is gunna out recruit Florida, Florida State, and other powers is crazy. He did a great job with the Defense and no one will deny that. That is always a good defense, But what offense that was any good did they stop? Big thing for me was how the Louisville back up picked them apart. Shannon has alot to prove, But Miami fans are already talking like he has won a national title. What other head coaching experince does he have?

Yeah, a lot of people were calling me crazy for saying Nick Saban was the right man for the job, and he was eventually going to be challenging Bill Bellichick - the winner of 3 super bowls - for the AFC each year after he got his team in Miami. Responses were...
What NFL head coaching experience does he have?
How can you possibly say he'll be that great of a coach?
There's no way he can compete with BB.

Sometimes, you just know.

ChambersWI
12-15-2006, 08:24 PM
scout has him at a 5 star..thats what the guy was talking about

Kayne Farquharson (http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=13&p=8&c=1&nid=2507158)

5 star JUCO? So he's not a top recruit, he's a top JUCO transfer.

305TillIDie
12-15-2006, 10:08 PM
5 star JUCO? So he's not a top recruit, he's a top JUCO transfer.hes still a 5 star recruit..no matter how you spin it

Skeet84
12-16-2006, 12:07 AM
Yeah, a lot of people were calling me crazy for saying Nick Saban was the right man for the job, and he was eventually going to be challenging Bill Bellichick - the winner of 3 super bowls - for the AFC each year after he got his team in Miami. Responses were...
What NFL head coaching experience does he have?
How can you possibly say he'll be that great of a coach?
There's no way he can compete with BB.

Sometimes, you just know.

Well Nick Saban was also a head coach at alot of places before he went to the Dolphins and Shannon has none. Shannon may be a good coach, But there unreal expectations in Miami. Well I also said Ron Zook was gunna be a bad coach at Florida and many thought he would be great. I guess when you know you know! :D

Alex44
12-16-2006, 12:13 AM
5 star JUCO? So he's not a top recruit, he's a top JUCO transfer.

He's still as good as a 5 star recruit or else he wouldnt be rated like one.

Skeet84
12-16-2006, 12:17 AM
He's still as good as a 5 star recruit or else he wouldnt be rated like one.

You don't judge a recruit until he takes the feild and proves himself. All these stars are just guesses. I have seen the best be chumps and Diamonds in the rough. You just have to wait and see. However he must be doing something right to get Five stars. Juco has nothing to do with it. the Florida Gators got a Juco last year and he turned out to be pretty good. His name was...... Hmmmm let me think...... Oh yeah Reggie Nelson! :wink:

Alex44
12-16-2006, 12:23 AM
You don't judge a recruit until he takes the feild and proves himself. All these stars are just guesses. I have seen the best be chumps and Diamonds in the rough. You just have to wait and see. However he must be doing something right to get Five stars. Juco has nothing to do with it. the Florida Gators got a Juco last year and he turned out to be pretty good. His name was...... Hmmmm let me think...... Oh yeah Reggie Nelson! :wink:

I agree 100%

Who knows what any of these guys will do, but for someone to say he isnt gonna be as good because he came for a JUCO isnt right.

Coral Reefer
12-16-2006, 01:50 AM
I agree 100%

Who knows what any of these guys will do, but for someone to say he isnt gonna be as good because he came for a JUCO isnt right.

I agree.

Anyone just ripping a recruit simply based on them coming from a JUCO dosen't know college football.

Some top recruits that have grade problems end up at JUCO's. They go there with a plan to make their grades and transfer back to a top program.

Not to mention there are as you said "diamonds in the rough" that just develop their game while at a JUCO.

FINdestructible
12-16-2006, 01:48 PM
I think the hiring of Shannon is going to be huge for the recruiting. This should definitely help the U.

National Champs in 2008 led by Freeman!!!

DonShula84
12-16-2006, 04:27 PM
I think the hiring of Shannon is going to be huge for the recruiting. This should definitely help the U.

National Champs in 2008 led by Freeman!!!

no player named Kirby can win a national championship, sorry

DonShula84
12-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Good article about Shannon and recruiting from the Herald. Thought this was interesting about Bama also

One school that will no longer be welcome at St. Thomas, though, is the University of Alabama. Smith has sent a letter to the school president and athletic director after what he believes was the unfair firing of Mike Shula as coach

Not being able to recruit at St Thomas seems like a blow considering they always have some 5 star recruits coming out of that school

I like this also :)

''Shannon has definitely made Major reconsider UM,'' Smith said. ``But it's going to be tough. Florida, Ohio State are also after him. Notre Dame and coach Charlie Weis are coming in today to speak to him today. And he's one of heck a recruiter, too.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16226563.htm

DeathStar
12-16-2006, 07:35 PM
:fire: at that news.

hope he chooses b/w the U and ND. i would hate him to go the ****eyes or the gators.

speaking of the irish, has BC hired a new coach?

Skeet84
12-16-2006, 07:39 PM
Good article about Shannon and recruiting from the Herald. Thought this was interesting about Bama also

Not being able to recruit at St Thomas seems like a blow considering they always have some 5 star recruits coming out of that school

I like this also :)

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16226563.htm

I think Major Wright is going to Ohio State, But I would really like to see him in a Gator uniform.

DonShula84
12-16-2006, 07:40 PM
I think Major Wright is going to Ohio State, But I would really like to see him in a Gator uniform.

I was thinking OSU also. I think ND is a real long shot for some reason

Skeet84
12-16-2006, 07:43 PM
I was thinking OSU also. I think ND is a real long shot for some reason

I think if he does not go to OSU it will be either Florida or Miami, but I am pretty sure he will be going to OSU

King Felix
12-16-2006, 09:53 PM
www.canesheaven.com

King Felix
12-16-2006, 10:00 PM
beavers and there beastly 55 rank recruiting

:shakeno:

Skeet84
12-16-2006, 10:41 PM
beavers and there beastly 55 rank recruiting

:shakeno:

Well you can always hope for the Diamond in the rough!

King Felix
12-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Well you can always hope for the Diamond in the rough!yvenson bernard....

all good players for beavs are diamond in the roughs

Skeet84
12-16-2006, 10:46 PM
yvenson bernard....

all good players for beavs are diamond in the roughs

I am sure they get some good recruits. They play in a BCS conference and get some media attention and have a history. The Civil War is always a good game it seems like

King Felix
12-16-2006, 10:48 PM
I am sure they get some good recruits. They play in a BCS conference and get some media attention and have a history. The Civil War is always a good game it seems likewell ill be happy with this 4 star safety they might get :lol: some of yall would be disapointed in a 4 star safety......but seriously ducks are 15th. ducks have a crazy lockeroom, can you guess who paid for it?

Skeet84
12-16-2006, 10:50 PM
well ill be happy with this 4 star safety they might get :lol: some of yall would be disapointed in a 4 star safety......but seriously ducks are 15th. ducks have a crazy lockeroom, can you guess who paid for it?

Well I would always be happy with a 4 star. Never go wrong there and I am going to guess Nike paid for it

King Felix
12-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Well I would always be happy with a 4 star. Never go wrong there and I am going to guess Nike paid for ityep

Skeet84
12-16-2006, 11:03 PM
yep

Woooo hoooo But I bet I don't win a prize. :(

King Felix
12-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Woooo hoooo But I bet I don't win a prize. :(when i run into at the store ill give you a pat on the back :wink:

Skeet84
12-16-2006, 11:07 PM
when i run into at the store ill give you a pat on the back :wink:

Sweet! :D
I bet your not in a Nike Store!

King Felix
12-16-2006, 11:08 PM
Sweet! :D
I bet your not in a Nike Store!lol actually i love nike, just not that it originated at oregon.

Skeet84
12-16-2006, 11:48 PM
lol actually i love nike, just not that it originated at oregon.

Thats weird, but I guess thats like a Florida State fan loving Gatorade

305TillIDie
12-24-2006, 01:35 PM
snow turf in Boise? :eek:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

bigmiamifan
12-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Any updates on recruiting? Last I saw we had 10 signed or committed, kinda slow so far.

305TillIDie
12-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Any updates on recruiting? Last I saw we had 10 signed or committed, kinda slow so far.yeah...we got a kid from North Miami Beach..Doug Wiggins..he chose miami over Georgia, UNC & Michigan

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=13&p=8&c=1&nid=2393709

bigmiamifan
12-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Cool, thanks for the update, we could use so shut down ball hawk corners.

305TillIDie
12-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Cool, thanks for the update, we could use so shut down ball hawk corners.:yes:

The guys having fun in Boise

more than half of the team never seen snow until yesterday..me neither :lol:

watch the video here (http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/sports/MI36249/), near the top of the story there is a link that says "Watch the video" -- that will play it

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gifhttp://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

YBFM
12-31-2006, 06:03 PM
no player named Kirby can win a national championship, sorry

Or one named......Brady.......:wink:

DonShula84
12-31-2006, 06:21 PM
Or one named......Brady.......:wink:

:lol: If Kirby turns out half as good as Quinn the U would have a good shot at a championship.

YBFM
12-31-2006, 06:34 PM
:lol: If Kirby turns out half as good as Quinn the U would have a good shot at a championship.

I agree. The U hasn't had a decent QB since Dorsey...hopefully with the new regime, that will change.

bigmiamifan
01-01-2007, 11:12 AM
:yes:

The guys having fun in Boise

more than half of the team never seen snow until yesterday..me neither :lol:

Thanks for the link and pics. They do look rather out of place having so much fun in the snow.

305TillIDie
01-03-2007, 04:01 AM
Cooper going to the U :woot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eeeME04m_A

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=13&p=8&c=1&nid=2728119