PDA

View Full Version : Gaines Adams

PhinFan0202
12-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Is worth a first round pick? Most NFL draft sites have him going into the NFL as a LB/DE hrybrid. He's got some speed on him as anyone who has seen him return the fumble against Wake can see that. Personally i would hope that slips to the 2nd round but i doubt that he's going to. Probably a top 20 pick this year? Thoughts?

colmax
12-07-2006, 05:59 PM
Is worth a first round pick? Most NFL draft sites have him going into the NFL as a LB/DE hrybrid. He's got some speed on him as anyone who has seen him return the fumble against Wake can see that. Personally i would hope that slips to the 2nd round but i doubt that he's going to. Probably a top 20 pick this year? Thoughts?

I think he's more like a top 10 pick, IMO. But who really knows?

dominizzo
12-07-2006, 06:09 PM
I wouldn Mind gaines adams

COMEBACKRICKY
12-07-2006, 06:14 PM
i think the final factor will be the combine. there are always teams who overhype the combine, and they might pick him up.

dolphinsfan69
12-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Top 5 pick... 1st defensive player chosen probably.

C-HUCKS
12-07-2006, 06:51 PM
At least a top ten pick, but I would love to have him on the Dolphins however I don't think he will be around when we pick.

PhinFan0202
12-07-2006, 06:52 PM

Wow that good? I didn't think he was a top 5 type player but when i have seen the guy play he looks like a beast. If he could be a hybrid type player i would be more than happy if the Dolphins got him.

clbrazee
12-07-2006, 07:04 PM
I would prefer this draft to be pre-dominantly for the offense. Saban's concentrated enought of defense. Our offense needs to some new players (i.e., LT, center, RB, WR, TE). Where our defense has two primary needs (i.e. OLB and CB, we already have the young players for the other positions).

CitizenSnips
12-07-2006, 07:22 PM
hes going top 10, possibly top 5, are you nuts? slipping to the second round?

ChambersWI
12-07-2006, 07:26 PM

either him or Leon Hall.

Adams is just a freak of nature. IMO he'll be picked 3rd overall if the Bucs keep up their pace.

ruddfan_2810
12-07-2006, 07:39 PM
well....living in SC here and being a Clemson Tiger fan all my life it would be a dream come tru 2 see him playing for the fins.

@@@
12-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Adams is a top 10 pick at this point, but with so much draft prep ahead a slip to the mid first isn't out of the question for any player but i don't see him falling past the teens at this stage

kashbo
12-07-2006, 08:00 PM
I am really sick and tired of this we need Corners and OLINE!!!! come on no DE we have roth, taylor, bowens and someone else

Ark139954
12-07-2006, 08:13 PM
I would prefer this draft to be pre-dominantly for the offense. Saban's concentrated enought of defense. Our offense needs to some new players (i.e., LT, center, RB, WR, TE). Where our defense has two primary needs (i.e. OLB and CB, we already have the young players for the other positions).o yea cause we definately need another rb and a wr and a te...as a matter of fact we need every position on the football team:sidelol:

Miamifin23
12-07-2006, 08:32 PM
The only way he slips out of the top 5 is if he has some crazy injury from here until the draft. He's an outstanding pass rusher and an exceptional athlete. He and Woodley, are the 2 purest pass rushers this year. The thing with Woodley, is I believe he's more of a 3-4 OLB, like a Merriman type player. Adams is more in the mold of a Jason Taylor.

ChambersWI
12-07-2006, 08:47 PM
The only way he slips out of the top 5 is if he has some crazy injury from here until the draft. He's an outstanding pass rusher and an exceptional athlete. He and Woodley, are the 2 purest pass rushers this year. The thing with Woodley, is I believe he's more of a 3-4 OLB, like a Merriman type player. Adams is more in the mold of a Jason Taylor.

except Woodley uses more strength when pass rushing. Merriman uses more speed.

Dolfan_Noles
12-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Yeah, I think I posted this a bit back. Some underclassmen might jump him, and there are a ton of good offensive prospects that will go early. If we pick between 10 and 15, there is a decent chance that he is there.

rick32883
12-08-2006, 01:46 AM
I think he's more like a top 10 pick, IMO. But who really knows?

with the first pick being a DE last year .. top ten for him wouldn't suprise me

Disgustipate
12-08-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm a little skeptical Miami would be interested in a DE that high in the draft at this point in time.

Jason Taylor's DE/3-4 OLB position and Donnie Spragan's Strongside OLB position are two entirely different things. Strongside OLB is a coverage-first position that requires a player to deal with coverage, jamming, and dealing with blockers first, blitzing second. It's not reasonable to expect a converted DE to be able to do this right away, much less ever. In fact, there aint many converted DE's in the league who could play the position with any amount of experience.

It might be too early to be drafting a replacement to Jason Taylor too. His age raises the question of longevity, but his performance right now is suggesting he might be able to play for 2-3 more years. At 32, he is having what arguably is a career season. That is half of a rookie contract that your highly drafted DE/OLB is going to be a backup/nickel-dime duty. If we end up getting Adalius Thomas like alot of people favor, odds are he wont even get that.

I personally think Miami should be looking at someone in the middle rounds to groom.

SQuinn17
12-08-2006, 01:20 PM
either him or Leon Hall.

Adams is just a freak of nature. IMO he'll be picked 3rd overall if the Bucs keep up their pace.
the bucs???? no. theyre gettin a qb end of story.

PhinFan0202
12-08-2006, 01:24 PM
the bucs???? no. theyre gettin a qb end of story.

They will probably pick Brian Brohm out of Louisville.