PDA

View Full Version : Ross wins the Thorpe!!!

DBoston80
12-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Cant say I disagree..great player:wink:

HysterikiLL
12-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Ross will be a first round pick, just watch. He's got great speed, a great eye for the ball and made some huge plays this year. He owned Oklahoma on his own and his own, and he also returns punts very well. He deserved this, and he'll be a great NFL player IMO.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=40&url_article_id=2667&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2)

AirFishOne
12-07-2006, 11:00 PM
im not sure man, I mean he did get torched by K-state i thought Nelson should of won it, o well good for the Big XII :D

finswin56
12-08-2006, 12:16 AM
:down:

Nelson wasn't just very good this year, he was DOMINANT. He scared WR's in becoming alligator armed wienies. He was a ball hawk, and even blocked a punt.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-08-2006, 12:17 AM
:nono:

disgraceful.

FLOUNDER
12-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Nelson wasn't just very good this year, he was DOMINANT. He scared WR's in becoming alligator armed wienies. He was a ball hawk, and even blocked a punt.

Spoken like a true homer

Give Ross credit, he deserved it.

finswin56
12-08-2006, 12:54 AM
Spoken like a true homer

Give Ross credit, he deserved it.I'll give him the credit he deserves, but I won't say he deserved it. He didn't.

HysterikiLL
12-08-2006, 02:02 AM
I'll give him the credit he deserves, but I won't say he deserved it. He didn't.

Ross' 2006 season totals of 73 tackles, 18 PBU, 23 passes defended and 10 takeaways (five INTs, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries) were tops among the group of finalists. He also has posted three TFL, a sack and has scored two TDs. Ross has been involved in nine takeaways in the past eight games, and Texas has scored 38 points off of those (five TDs/one FG), including a fumble that he returned for a TD. For his career, Ross has played in 49 games and posted 196 tackles, nine INTs, 32 PBU, five TFL, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.

:dday:

Crowder52
12-08-2006, 02:24 AM
Unfortunately I will no longer be able to view the Thorpe Award as legitimate.

HysterikiLL
12-08-2006, 02:26 AM
Unfortunately I will no longer be able to view the Thorpe Award as legitimate.

:sosad: :chuckle: :tongue:

HurriPhin
12-08-2006, 04:50 AM
Ah, boo hoo Gaytors.

Kev83
12-08-2006, 05:11 AM
Gotta agree....4 best players ive seen on defense this year are Laurinatis, Willis, Nelson, and the Michigan D Lineman.
Nelson should've been a shoe-in for this award.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-08-2006, 09:11 AM
the thorpe never goes to the right guy. when sean taylor lost out to the guy from OU, i just knew they'd never get it right.

Motion
12-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Wow, this thread wasn't created to spite Gator fans or anything. Ah, true class.

What a joke. Nelson was robbed.

AirFishOne
12-08-2006, 09:50 AM
the thorpe never goes to the right guy. when sean taylor lost out to the guy from OU, i just knew they'd never get it right.

Derrick Strait or Roy Williams

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-08-2006, 09:56 AM
well, actually, williams robbed ed reed and strait robbed sean taylor.

Stitches
12-08-2006, 10:06 AM
And Troy Smith robbed Brennan of best QB.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-08-2006, 10:08 AM
uh huh.

DBoston80
12-08-2006, 10:16 AM
All the garbage Gators fans talk about me and a few other Buckeye posters and now look at some the Homerish comments being made!!!

"robbed"
"illegitamate award"
"this thread was made to spite us" -(although a thread was made about alot of awards people won..this guy singles mine out because he's crying his guy didnt win....)

Its gonna be a long week after we beat the Gators...I mean look at all this crying over an award!!!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-08-2006, 10:19 AM
this was clearly made to spite gator fans. any OSU fan who knew anything would say ross didn't deserve this because of how horrible he played against their precious buckeyes. OBVIOUSLY slap in the face to gator fans.

DBoston80
12-08-2006, 10:42 AM
this was clearly made to spite gator fans. any OSU fan who knew anything would say ross didn't deserve this because of how horrible he played against their precious buckeyes. OBVIOUSLY slap in the face to gator fans.

:shakeno: ....So who was the other 5 threads about winners of these awards a slap in the face to??

get over it..its a friggin popularity contest!!! Stop crying about the crap.

Motion
12-08-2006, 10:54 AM
All the garbage Gators fans talk about me and a few other Buckeye posters and now look at some the Homerish comments being made!!!

"robbed"
"illegitamate award"
"this thread was made to spite us" -(although a thread was made about alot of awards people won..this guy singles mine out because he's crying his guy didnt win....)

Its gonna be a long week after we beat the Gators...I mean look at all this crying over an award!!!
And the hits keep coming.

Lets see the biggest OSU homer on the board makes a thread about an award with the following finalists:

Leon Hall (Rival team)
Reggie Nelson (Team playing in the title game)
Aaron Ross (Lesser of 3 evils)

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see your intentions. Your a good one to complain about posting garbage.

Timmy54
12-08-2006, 11:00 AM
just goes to show how these awards are so funny. Brady quinn wins most outstanding player but troy smith wins best qb. How is quinn not the best qb but is the most outstanding player. Also, willis wins best linebacker (no not OSU's animal JR) but Penn States linebacker wins best Defensive player. What??

I felt like nelson should have won, he was scarry to alot of WR this year. Ross is a good player but maybe it is the homer in me but i thought Nelson was the glue that held the gators D together and thought he should win.

Crowder52
12-08-2006, 11:01 AM

Lets see the biggest OSU homer on the board makes a thread about an award with the following finalists:

Leon Hall (Rival team)

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see your intentions. Your a good one to complain about posting garbage.

And notice the three big exclamation points at the end of the thread title, from a guy who presumably doesn't even like Texas. He's not fooling anybody.

Crowder52
12-08-2006, 11:04 AM
And for everyone crying homer, this is from ESPN's college football awards preview:

Jim Thorpe Award (best defensive back)
Finalists: Leon Hall, Michigan
Reggie Nelson, Florida
Aaron Ross, Texas
My choice: Reggie Nelson. The junior had more big plays than any other defensive back in the country, with 42 tackles, two fumble recoveries and four interceptions. The hard-hitting safety returned an interception 70 yards for a touchdown and blocked a punt.

DBoston80
12-08-2006, 11:14 AM

Leon Hall (Rival team)

Stop dodging my question....The other threads announcing award winners..who are they a slap in the face of?? cant answer it can you?? If you guys get this bent out of shape over an award...I really am gonna hate to see you after this game.

DBoston80
12-08-2006, 11:15 AM
And for everyone crying homer, this is from ESPN's college football awards preview:

Reggie Nelson, Florida
Aaron Ross, Texas
My choice: Reggie Nelson. The junior had more big plays than any other defensive back in the country, with 42 tackles, two fumble recoveries and four interceptions. The hard-hitting safety returned an interception 70 yards for a touchdown and blocked a punt.

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: Reegggggggggggggggggie!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooo!! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Whyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

Motion
12-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Stop dodging my question....The other threads announcing award winners..who are they a slap in the face of?? cant answer it can you?? If you guys get this bent out of shape over an award...I really am gonna hate to see you after this game.
I'm not dodging anything. Reading comprehension would tell you that most of those threads were started by fans of those players unlike this one. Get a clue. No one is bent out of shape, we think he should have won, he didn't, oh well.

Timmy54
12-08-2006, 11:17 AM
:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: Reegggggggggggggggggie!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooo!! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Whyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: Reeeeegggggggiee why did you have to hit Ginn so hard and pick off those passes from Troy......Whyyyyyyyy!!!!!:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

Stitches
12-08-2006, 11:17 AM

The other threads were more of a congratulatory thing is how I took them, shedding some light on players who should get recognized. By you posting a thread about a controversial award, and then winking, and talking about how you couldn't think of a more deserving player, it was obviously a slap in the face to all the Florida fans on the board.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-08-2006, 11:21 AM
:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: Reeeeegggggggiee why did you have to hit Ginn so hard and pick off those passes from Troy......Whyyyyyyyy!!!!!:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:
:yeahthat: :hi5:

DBoston80
12-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Continual Annoyance.Take some time off

The other threads were more of a congratulatory thing is how I took them, shedding some light on players who should get recognized. By you posting a thread about a controversial award, and then winking, and talking about how you couldn't think of a more deserving player, it was obviously a slap in the face to all the Florida fans on the board.

Impressive work..that Akron education is worth more than 80 bucks for sure:D

All laughing at Gator fans aside...I have made no secret about who I think the best defensive back in the country is..and how I would love to have him as a Dolphin..read some previous posts and youll "comprehend" how I feel about Nelson's ability....but it is a shame how much crying is going on round here over an award...Sadly I agree with you Nelson is the best DB but hey Im not gonna picket outside the ceromony.

Stitches
12-08-2006, 11:24 AM

All laughing at Gator fans aside...I have made no secret about who I think the best defensive back in the country is..and how I would love to have him as a Dolphin..read some previous posts and youll "comprehend" how I feel about Nelson's ability....but it is a shame how much crying is going on round here over an award...Sadly I agree with you Nelson is the best DB but hey Im not gonna picket outside the ceromony.

:rolleyes2

Timmy54
12-08-2006, 11:25 AM

Why do you insist on making a dig on posters here. :shakeno: stitches has been around a while and deserves some respect. He says some silly stuff at times, ok alot of the time, but that post was well thought out.

By the way, nobody is crying, we thought he should win, nobody died, your the one making it bigger than it is. He will still be a first round pick in this years draft and will have a heck of a pro career.

DBoston80
12-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Why do you insist on making a dig on posters here. :shakeno: stitches has been around a while and deserves some respect. He says some silly stuff at times, ok alot of the time, but that post was well thought out.

By the way, nobody is crying, we thought he should win, nobody died, your the one making it bigger than it is. He will still be a first round pick in this years draft and will have a heck of a pro career.

Stitches knows the education thing was an inside joke where he made fun of his own school and said he got a family discount for 80 dollars....If your gonna be a hero atleast know when to be one.

Timmy54
12-08-2006, 11:33 AM
not being a hero, just sick of you attacking everyone on here, can not wait for OSU to lose, you welch on our bet, and disappear.

DBoston80
12-08-2006, 11:34 AM
not being a hero, just sick of you attacking everyone on here, can not wait for OSU to lose, you welch on our bet, and disappear.

??? He knows I wasnt attacking him..nice try though:rolleyes:

DBoston80
12-08-2006, 11:35 AM

Do you know how much money I have paid to my local bookie this year??? If I ever Welch on a bet it wont be this one.

Motion
12-08-2006, 11:38 AM

Point proven

DBoston80
12-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Point proven

Indeed....ooops did I spell that right?:lol:

Stitches
12-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Stitches knows the education thing was an inside joke where he made fun of his own school and said he got a family discount for 80 dollars....If your gonna be a hero atleast know when to be one.

The conversation to which you were referring:

:rolleyes: ..did this guy just say "tone"......wow! hopefully Akron doesnt charge much for the poduct they are putting out....

They don't. Family ticket packages start at around $80 I believe.

Nothing about education costing $80.

DBoston80
12-08-2006, 11:44 AM
The conversation to which you were referring:

Nothing about education costing $80.

My product satement was referring to the students...thought you knew that?

Stitches
12-08-2006, 11:46 AM
My product satement was referring to the students...thought you knew that?

Nope sorry, I thought you meant the product on the field, which is often laughable(or gut wrenching, depending on your outlook).

Timmy54
12-08-2006, 11:48 AM
wernt the zips good a year or two ago? I seam to remember a battle with BW that was a great game!!!

DBoston80
12-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Nope sorry, I thought you meant the product on the field, which is oftne laughable.

I looked up my stats...I was 0-3 on the year when beting on AKRON and 2-2 whn betting against them..2 for 5 is it you or Toledo who has the frontbutt coach?

Stitches
12-08-2006, 11:51 AM
I looked up my stats...I was 0-3 on the year when beting on AKRON and 2-2 whn betting against them..2 for 5 is it you or Toledo who has the frontbutt coach?

Toledo, Amstutz is HUUUGEEE(and a great coach).

Stitches
12-08-2006, 11:52 AM
wernt the zips good a year or two ago? I seam to remember a battle with BW that was a great game!!!

Last year we won the MAC and went to our first bowl game(my avatar is from the game). We played Memphis in the Motor City Bowl, but DeAngelo Williams was too much, even thouhg the game was fun as hell. This past season only thing we did was upset NC State at NC State.

Timmy54
12-08-2006, 11:54 AM
everyone beat NC State. I was in town for the zips game vs. NC State but had a wedding, thank god i didnt go!!

Stitches
12-08-2006, 11:55 AM
everyone beat NC State. I was in town for the zips game vs. NC State but had a wedding, thank god i didnt go!!

It was a very exciting fourth quarter, scored as time expired on a one yard run. It was a huge win at the beginning of the season, considering how people would compare Akron to a team like NC State.

Motion
12-08-2006, 11:58 AM

Except FSU :lol:

Timmy54
12-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Except FSU :lol:
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

finswin56
12-08-2006, 12:02 PM

Reggie Nelson, Florida
Aaron Ross, Texas
My choice: Reggie Nelson. The junior had more big plays than any other defensive back in the country, with 42 tackles, two fumble recoveries and four interceptions. The hard-hitting safety returned an interception 70 yards for a touchdown and blocked a punt.He actually had seven.

Motion
12-08-2006, 12:04 PM
He actually had seven.

He also had at least 2 punt blocks, I thought it was 3.

Crowder52
12-08-2006, 02:03 PM
He actually had seven.

Wow I didn't even notice that. Pretty big discrepancy.

HysterikiLL
12-08-2006, 08:04 PM

You're absolutely right! Any award that doesn't go to a member of the Florida Gators is grossly misawarded.

:wink:

HysterikiLL
12-08-2006, 08:15 PM
He actually had seven.

He actually didn't, but since you're making up stats, I agree, Nelson's fake-stats-that-never-happened certainly deserive the merit of the Thorpe Award.

BTW guys, interceptions aren't actually a bearing on how good a guy is.

Crowder52
12-08-2006, 08:21 PM
You're absolutely right! Any award that doesn't go to a member of the Florida Gators is grossly misawarded.

:wink:

Huh? She named Ed Reed and Sean Taylor, two players from the Univ. of Miami when she talked about the award being historically misguided.

HysterikiLL
12-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Huh? She named Ed Reed and Sean Taylor, two players from the Univ. of Miami when she talked about the award being historically misguided.

Sense the sarcasm. :rolleyes2

finswin56
12-08-2006, 09:40 PM
He actually didn't, but since you're making up stats, I agree, Nelson's fake-stats-that-never-happened certainly deserive the merit of the Thorpe Award.

BTW guys, interceptions aren't actually a bearing on how good a guy is.You're right, it's six. ESPN had it at 7 a few days ago. I guess someone there had it mixed up. Those were the stats I was going on.

I agree that picks aren't the ultimate test. But, I think taking away the entire middle of the field, intimidating WR's into short arming passes (on a weekly basis), and being versatile enough as a FS to be matched up with one of the most (if not the most) dangerous offensive weapons in the country (McFadden) and subsequently holding him to less than half of the production he realized against the nation's "best" defense (LSU) could be a pretty good start.

Reggie Nelson was not victimized at all this year. Unlike someone else.

Crowder52
12-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Sense the sarcasm. :rolleyes2

I did sense the sarcasm. It didn't make any sense given the context.