PDA

View Full Version : AI wants out of Philly

Roman529
12-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Report: Iverson wants out of Philly

Allen Iverson and the Philadelphia 76ers have put up with each other, through good times and bad, for the last decade.

But that could be coming to an end very soon. According to a report on the New York Post's website, Iverson has demanded a trade.
Citing two agents whose clients play for the 76ers, the Post report said Iverson went to team president Billy King last Tuesday and made the demand, even though he'd said throughout his career that he'd never do such a thing.
The Post also cites two general managers that King contacted on Thursday, who claim the 76ers are aggressively trying to accommodate Iverson's request. The 76ers have lost five straight to fall to 5-12 on the season. And even though that mark leaves them just a game-and-a-half out of first place in the woeful Atlantic Division, Iverson has grown increasingly frustrated with the team's situation.

Motion
12-08-2006, 03:26 PM
This could get interesting.

phinman1
12-08-2006, 03:27 PM
As a Sixer fan, I'm for it. Philly needs to blow it up and start over, it also wouldn't hurt to get rid of Billy King. The guy is a joke. On the flip side, we may suck so bad that we get Oden. Also, I want AI to have success elsewhere, always thought he would be a good fit in Dallas. He'd give them some balls, and would be willing to tone down his game a bit for a ring.

Roman529
12-08-2006, 03:48 PM
As a Sixer fan, I'm for it. Philly needs to blow it up and start over, it also wouldn't hurt to get rid of Billy King. The guy is a joke. On the flip side, we may suck so bad that we get Oden. Also, I want AI to have success elsewhere, always thought he would be a good fit in Dallas. He'd give them some balls, and would be willing to tone down his game a bit for a ring.

I think AI would be a nice fit here in Colorado with the Nuggets. Maybe trade AI for Andre Miller, a top pick and another player....he would mesh well with Carmello. I think AI would love to go to a team where doesn't have to shoot it all the time because nobody else can score. I think he would be good with a fast tempo team.....the Nugs, Suns, Mavericks. The Sixers need to blow it up and start over. BK has made so many bad signings.....C-Webb, Dalembert...players who are no longer on the team, and I loved Mo Cheeks as a player but he is not a good coach.

NJFINSFAN1
12-08-2006, 03:55 PM
I can see the papers in NY now, AI to the Knicks!!!

Man are the Knicks piss poor!

dreday
12-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Would have thought Webber would have been gone first,looks like AI is the first to ship out.

phinman1
12-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Would have thought Webber would have been gone first,looks like AI is the first to ship out.

You kidding me? Who wants an over the hill, lame complainer making over 20 mill? Maybe next year when his contract expires.

phinman1
12-08-2006, 04:24 PM
I think AI would be a nice fit here in Colorado with the Nuggets. Maybe trade AI for Andre Miller, a top pick and another player....he would mesh well with Carmello. I think AI would love to go to a team where doesn't have to shoot it all the time because nobody else can score. I think he would be good with a fast tempo team.....the Nugs, Suns, Mavericks. The Sixers need to blow it up and start over. BK has made so many bad signings.....C-Webb, Dalembert...players who are no longer on the team, and I loved Mo Cheeks as a player but he is not a good coach.

Yeah, love Mo, but let's face it as a coach he blows. Maybe bring Brown back in so the new team can overachieve. Although, at this point his baggage may not be worth it.

As for Dalembert, this guy has all the talent, but the mental capabilities of a small squid. What a waste. Every Sixer player can go except Igoudala, Carney (showing promise) and Korver (a three point sharp shooter like him is a must, even though he is a bit overpaid).

dreday
12-08-2006, 04:25 PM
You kidding me? Who wants an over the hill, lame complainer making over 20 mill? Maybe next year when his contract expires.
No argument there,still wouldve thought Webber would have left first.

Section126
12-08-2006, 04:25 PM

He fits horribly in Dallas.

Dallas is so good because no one man dominates the ball. Even when Dirk gets going..he is in the post and elbow so he touches the ball last usually when they exaust their offense. He doesn't handle it. I also doubt that Dallas would trade Howard and that is what it would take.

I think that he is perfect for Phoenix...and they can trade Marion and Barbosa for him.

Roman529
12-08-2006, 04:36 PM
No argument there,still wouldve thought Webber would have left first.

Nobody wants C-Webb...I think he is owed $42 million the next two years....the Sixers would be better off cutting him and just eating the salary. C-Webb is the worst defense/rebounder for his size ever. He should be ashamed to take a paycheck with how he plays. :tantrum:

dreday
12-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Nobody wants C-Webb...I think he is owed $42 million the next two years....the Sixers would be better off cutting him and just eating the salary. C-Webb is the worst defense/rebounder for his size ever. He should be ashamed to take a paycheck with how he plays. :tantrum:
Yep,I figured they would cut C-Webb before they let go of Iverson...Hes been a sore thumb for awhile.

phinman1
12-08-2006, 04:38 PM
He fits horribly in Dallas.

Dallas is so good because no one man dominates the ball. Even when Dirk gets going..he is in the post and elbow so he touches the ball last usually when they exaust their offense. He doesn't handle it. I also doubt that Dallas would trade Howard and that is what it would take.

I think that he is perfect for Phoenix...and they can trade Marion and Barbosa for him.

Disagree. Note that I stated he would have to tone down his game, which I think he would do. Certainly he couldn't be the one man show he was in Philly. Think his penetration would get Dirk some easy looks? I'm telling you he would morph into whatever the Mavs wanted at this point, he has all the individual stuff, just wants a ring.

Again, he would give the Mavs some guts, something they evidently didn't have as they crumbled in the Finals last year.

Dallas wouldn't let go of Howard, but Phoenix would trade Marion AND Barbosa? Don't think so. Dallas could include Harris and Diop and some number 1's. Diop will be a nice center for a decade or so, and Harris could come into his own at the point. May seem like nothing, but these two could develop. Although I haven't thought about the matching salary aspect of this.

The Confessor
12-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Isnt this like the third or fourth consecutive year we have heard the same thing from the same guy>?:confused:

Yet, there he is, still in Philly....:shakeno:

Ferretsquig
12-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Philli should consider itself lucky if they get a decent young player and an expiring contract. Noone is going to give them an all-star in his prime for a 31 yr old scoring PG with 60 mil left on his deal. They can have an oversized SF and a PG with decaying knees though if they want 'em :D

Ferretsquig
12-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Disagree. Note that I stated he would have to tone down his game, which I think he would do. Certainly he couldn't be the one man show he was in Philly. Think his penetration would get Dirk some easy looks? I'm telling you he would morph into whatever the Mavs wanted at this point, he has all the individual stuff, just wants a ring.

Again, he would give the Mavs some guts, something they evidently didn't have as they crumbled in the Finals last year.

Dallas wouldn't let go of Howard, but Phoenix would trade Marion AND Barbosa? Don't think so. Dallas could include Harris and Diop and some number 1's. Diop will be a nice center for a decade or so, and Harris could come into his own at the point. May seem like nothing, but these two could develop. Although I haven't thought about the matching salary aspect of this.

Dallas would be something if they had a PG that could pass the ball. Any deal with them would have to include Stackhouse and his expiring contract.

Alex44
12-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Heat will give you Antoine Walker :lol:

:jk: Im not stupid, I know there is no way that would ever happen

dreday
12-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Perhaps Denver might be home for AI:

The Answer to Melo's woes is found in Philly
By Mark Kiszla
Denver Post Staff Columnist
DenverPost.com
Article Last Updated:

Anyone who saw Carmelo Anthony disrobe in disgust after a disturbing home loss, tossing his Nuggets jersey in the stands and removing his basketball trunks in an arena hallway, knows this 22-year-old forward needs some serious help.

What's the answer? Allen Iverson of the Philadelphia 76ers.

Less than 24 hours after Anthony threw a fit, not to mention his uniform, when Denver ignored him on the final offensive possession of a two-point loss at home, the Nuggets caught wind Thursday of a whisper that figures to have phones ringing off the hook in the offices of general managers throughout the NBA.

Iverson is back on the trade block, according to a league source, who said the Nuggets are among the teams that have been contacted to measure interest in the 31-year-old point guard.

Here we go again.

The I-love-you, I-love-you-not relationship between Iverson and the Sixers has hit another rocky patch, as a recent dust-up with Philly coach Maurice Cheeks and A.I.'s notorious dislike for practice made headlines.

Denver seriously flirted with the idea of acquiring Iverson at the trade deadline last season, and continued to express interest as the possibility of dealing A.I. was floated again during the summer, only to be disappointed when Sixers president Billy King lost his appetite for moving the toughest little man in league history.

OK. Let's keep it real, right from the start. Twice already in this calendar year, Denver was unable to convince the Sixers that trading Iverson made sense.

http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/article/html/fragments/print_article.jsp?articleId=4800661&siteId=36

The Confessor
12-08-2006, 04:50 PM

I think they would also have to throw in "White Chocolate" to consumate that deal....:lol:

dreday
12-08-2006, 04:50 PM
On a sidenote theyll deal him to whoever will take him.

Chavez Ravine
12-08-2006, 04:54 PM

:sidelol:

phinman1
12-08-2006, 05:05 PM
AI has been scratched tonight. Hmmmmm.

Amars
12-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Twolves would be a good spot to line up with Garnett. One problem I heard he has 2 yrs and 60mill left on his contract. OUCH.

phinman1
12-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Twolves would be a good spot to line up with Garnett. One problem I heard he has 2 yrs and 60mill left on his contract. OUCH.

Another reason Dallas would be a good fit. You think Cuban cares about money if it may lead to a championship? Any luxury tax probably means nothing to the guy.

As for KG, he'd look good in purple and gold. AI and Dirk vs. Kobe and KG. How sweet would that be?

The Confessor
12-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Another reason Dallas would be a good fit. You think Cuban cares about money if it may lead to a championship? Any luxury tax probably means nothing to the guy.

Don't see it man. Dallas has some good guards already...Not discounting the Cuban comment, cause you are dead on...just dont think AI fits in Dallas.

dreday
12-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Atlanta might be the best fit. Atlanta can take AI's salary without matching because ATL is under the cap. They can give up guys like Tyronn Lue and Marvin Williams and not worry about salary cap restrictions on the trade. Plus, Joe Johnson would be a nice complement because he's a 2-guard who plays somewhat like a point guard. Mike Woodson coached Iverson in Philadelphia.If there's any place that would be realistic considering Iversons contract and the type of player he is, I think Atlanta might be the perfect place.Hes not gonna wanna be a spoke.I just couldnt see it happening, and PLUS Joe Johnson is the only one I could see taking being option 2 on any team right now.

phinman1
12-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Don't see it man. Dallas has some good guards already...Not discounting the Cuban comment, cause you are dead on...just dont think AI fits in Dallas.

Why? You are thinking of the Philly AI, not the chance for a ring AI. As for Dallas' guards, yeah they're OK, but they are no AI. Also, those two seemed to shrink in the pressure cooker last year, AI wouldn't.

The Confessor
12-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Why? You are thinking of the Philly AI, not the chance for a ring AI. As for Dallas' guards, yeah they're OK, but they are no AI. Also, those two seemed to shrink in the pressure cooker last year, AI wouldn't.

Perhaps, AI could change his game, but then he wouldnt be AI would he?

True the guards choked down the stretch last year, but aside from Jason Terry, they are all very young. I think they will be fine..

ILPhinFan88
12-08-2006, 05:31 PM
So Long AI, I loved watching you play. :(

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Section126
12-08-2006, 05:57 PM

Diop and Harris? Are you serious? BTW..Dalembert is better than Diop.

As for Marion and Barbosa..that would be like trading Just Marion since AI would take all of Barbosa's potential minutes, and you gotta trade SOMETHING for SOMETHING.

phinman1
12-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Diop and Harris? Are you serious? BTW..Dalembert is better than Diop.

As for Marion and Barbosa..that would be like trading Just Marion since AI would take all of Barbosa's potential minutes, and you gotta trade SOMETHING for SOMETHING.

I'm through with Dalembert. Take a look at his box scores, doesn't know how to play and is ALWAYS in foul trouble. He will be one of those guys who never reaches his potential. Diop is steadier and was a force at times in the playoffs last year. As for Harris, he's a nice young point guard.

I'll maintain that there is NO WAY they would part with Marion and Barbosa. Even if AI went there, they would want Barbosa around to keep Nash's minutes down. He is one of the quickest players in the league and fits their system perfectly.

As for getting something for something, again Diop and Harris are two nice young players with their best years ahead of them. Also, a first rounder or two could be thrown in.

Roman529
12-08-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm through with Dalembert. Take a look at his box scores, doesn't know how to play and is ALWAYS in foul trouble. He will be one of those guys who never reaches his potential. Diop is steadier and was a force at times in the playoffs last year. As for Harris, he's a nice young point guard.

I'll maintain that there is NO WAY they would part with Marion and Barbosa. Even if AI went there, they would want Barbosa around to keep Nash's minutes down. He is one of the quickest players in the league and fits their system perfectly.

As for getting something for something, again Diop and Harris are two nice young players with their best years ahead of them. Also, a first rounder or two could be thrown in.

I am through with Dummybert (as us Sixer's fan love to call him) as well. The guy misses more alley oops and easy rebounds then anyone I have ever seen. It is like his feet are stuck in cement around the basket, and he and C-Webb stand there while little guys go right by them for layups. The Sixers need all kinds of help thanks to the ridiculous long terms deals they have made with horrible players. This team was one of the best in the 70's and 80's and always competing for titles and now they are just crap. :mad:

Vertical Limit
12-08-2006, 07:32 PM
IMO, I say trade him to the Timberwolves for Randy Foye and a pick straight up. He and Kevin Garnett would compliment each other very well. Randy Foye is going to take time to develop. With that contract of KG's, the Timberwolves don't have "time". Allen Iverson + Kevin Garnett = championship caliber.

The Sixers would have a young developing line up of Rodney Carney and Randy Foye; two players who if coached well, will have bright futures in the NBA.

Amars
12-08-2006, 11:31 PM
I heard that the clips might in the mix with Magette and Shaun Livingston. This would be a great business decision for Donald Sterling (owner) to bring AI to los angeles. He will be a definate draw with Elton Brand.

Roman529
12-08-2006, 11:32 PM
IMO, I say trade him to the Timberwolves for Randy Foye and a pick straight up. He and Kevin Garnett would compliment each other very well. Randy Foye is going to take time to develop. With that contract of KG's, the Timberwolves don't have "time". Allen Iverson + Kevin Garnett = championship caliber.

The Sixers would have a young developing line up of Rodney Carney and Randy Foye; two players who if coached well, will have bright futures in the NBA.

I think Minny is a good possibility. The Sixers owner just indicated a deal is in the works......wonder if it will be Minny?

DonShula84
12-08-2006, 11:59 PM
I heard that the clips might in the mix with Magette and Shaun Livingston. This would be a great business decision for Donald Sterling (owner) to bring AI to los angeles. He will be a definate draw with Elton Brand.

Was just about to post this. Clippers are looking to move Maggette I think anyway. Think they want to hold onto Livingston but it'd be worth it in this case. Not sure they can afford the contract or not though.

Fresh
12-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Aside from another Heat championship, nothing would make me feel better (basketball wise) than to see KG & AI both get one.

The Confessor
12-09-2006, 03:46 PM

The Suns made their one big move...Jalen Rose-which has added up to absolutely nothing.
Things are rolling along just fine, dont think they want/need AI down here, not a good fit anyways.... Oh and you can keep Dalembert, we are doin just fine with Diop....:wink:

Vertical Limit
12-09-2006, 03:58 PM
:) I keep hearing an echo of myself all over ESPN about trading Allen Iverson for Randy Foye and a pick/more players. GET IT DONE!

Ferretsquig
12-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Was just about to post this. Clippers are looking to move Maggette I think anyway. Think they want to hold onto Livingston but it'd be worth it in this case. Not sure they can afford the contract or not though.

That is the problem with 90% of the trade scenarios being thrown out there. The Clippers just can't match the contract. Only one team can take the contract....Charlotte. Even Atlanta can't come close to swallowing the 18 mil. The most logical scenario has him going to a team with a large expiring deal, like Boston with Ratliff.

ChambersWI
12-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Minny would not work just for Foye; they'd have to add a couple other players and draft picks (and KG has said he doesn't want the team trading away picks). Although Minny doesn't have a good record yet, this is the most talented team since KG's MVP season. If/when they make trades, it will be to get rid of guys like Hudson,Griffen, Jaric, and Hassell. To get AI, they'd have to lose someone like Ricky Davis along with Foye and more. Plus, ESPN said the Minny reports were false.

I've heard Boston for a slew of their young players, I've heard Indy for Tinsley and SJax, I've heard Sacramento (anybody but Kevin Martin), Toronto for MoPete and the rights to Roko Ukic, and I've heard Golden State for Mike Dunleavy and Ike Diogu (plus Adonle Foyle).

I also heard the interesting rumor of him going to the Spurs for a combination of players and the rights to Louis Scola.

If I'm the 6ers, there are only two guys I'm not going to trade; Iguadola and Carney. Korver is another guy I hold onto as long as possible. Isiah Thomas has stated publically that he wants CWebb on his team, and would give up anybody the 6ers wanted but a select few (Robinson,Frye,Crawford, Curry). That means the 6ers could end up getting David Lee and Mardy Collins (along with a bad contract like Jeno James), and get rid of Webber.

305TillIDie
12-09-2006, 06:25 PM
I think he will end up in Boston or Minnesota..I dont see the Mavs taking him...I heard the Bulls are interested in him..if you think about it, the Bulls really doesnt have a go to guy..that would be interset to see A.I. in Chicago

finfansince72
12-09-2006, 07:42 PM
From the way he was talking and the rumors, he will go to Minnesota.

FIN-IN-RI
12-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Come to papa AI, come to papa.

Phins28
12-09-2006, 09:05 PM
I think he will end up in Boston or Minnesota..I dont see the Mavs taking him...I heard the Bulls are interested in him..if you think about it, the Bulls really doesnt have a go to guy..that would be interset to see A.I. in Chicago
Please God :pray:

dreday
12-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Minny would not work just for Foye; they'd have to add a couple other players and draft picks (and KG has said he doesn't want the team trading away picks). Although Minny doesn't have a good record yet, this is the most talented team since KG's MVP season. If/when they make trades, it will be to get rid of guys like Hudson,Griffen, Jaric, and Hassell. To get AI, they'd have to lose someone like Ricky Davis along with Foye and more. Plus, ESPN said the Minny reports were false.

I've heard Boston for a slew of their young players, I've heard Indy for Tinsley and SJax, I've heard Sacramento (anybody but Kevin Martin), Toronto for MoPete and the rights to Roko Ukic, and I've heard Golden State for Mike Dunleavy and Ike Diogu (plus Adonle Foyle).

I also heard the interesting rumor of him going to the Spurs for a combination of players and the rights to Louis Scola.
If I'm the 6ers, there are only two guys I'm not going to trade; Iguadola and Carney. Korver is another guy I hold onto as long as possible. Isiah Thomas has stated publically that he wants CWebb on his team, and would give up anybody the 6ers wanted but a select few (Robinson,Frye,Crawford, Curry). That means the 6ers could end up getting David Lee and Mardy Collins (along with a bad contract like Jeno James), and get rid of Webber.

No thanks,besides talks havent really heated up.AI doesnt really appeal to us at all IMO.We have two all-star guards anyways,and Finley and Barry.People want to talk about the Spurs being old,wed be getting older with AI.Also the Spurs would have to give up too much,and it would be bad for team chemistry.So no way our GM makes this trade.

DonShula84
12-09-2006, 10:10 PM
looks like Dallas and Boston are the front runners, with Minnesota trying also

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmIf2vQLf3CsxRFRhdfJpDi8vLYF?slug=aw-iverson120806&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

ChambersWI
12-09-2006, 10:27 PM
looks like Dallas and Boston are the front runners, with Minnesota trying also

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmIf2vQLf3CsxRFRhdfJpDi8vLYF?slug=aw-iverson120806&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

it would be bad for Dallas IMO, they'd be a lot like the Nets when they first got Vince Carter. They'll look really good for awhile, and then falter. I love AI the player, but to get him, Dallas would have to give up a lot of players that are keys to their team.

One of the reasons the CWebb trade didn't work out for Philly (besides the fact he can't play in the post anymore) is the fact they gave up 3 rotation players (Thomas,Williamson, and Skinner) for CWebb and two guys who never broke the rotation (Barnes and Bradley), you add to the fact that Willie Green and Kevin Ollie weren't used much by O'Brien that year, you get stuck with trading for Rodney Rogers and having almost no bench.

The Mavs bench (while not as good as it has been in the past scoring wise) is still pretty good, and depleting it for one player won't help (but to their credit, they've got a great scout team).

The Celtics need to do something. For all the "great young talent" they have, only 3 guys are producing points; Pierce,Wally, and Gomes. Trade the young guys (and Kandi's contract) for AI, and both sides win. Celts get another star (Wally I don't really consider a star. A good scorer, but not a star), and Philly gets some good talent at needed positions (ie, anywhere but the 2/3)

Amars
12-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Boston need to throw the house for AI. Hell give them the NE Patriots also I know philly is starving for a championship. If AI does go to Minn. That will kill the lakers chances of getting KG. If Minn wants KG to end his career with the Twolves they need to bring in AI.

PHINATIC13
12-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Boston need to throw the house for AI. Hell give them the NE Patriots also I know philly is starving for a championship. I AI doesnt go to Minn. That will kill the lakers chances of getting KG. If Minn wants KG to end his career with the Twolves they need to bring in AI.

...and if they don't bring in AI,Kevin's career is over in Minny.:tongue:

Love to see KG in LA,but at what cost? Lamar is my second favorite Laker.

305TillIDie
12-09-2006, 11:37 PM
A.I., Wade & Shaq..what a lineup that would be :eek:

send Walker, Posey, Hite, a couple of draft picks and whatever else Philly wants

:woot:

King Felix
12-10-2006, 01:10 AM

send Walker, Posey, Hite, a couple of draft picks and whatever else Philly wants

:woot:imo the chemistry would be horrible if that happen'd

Alex44
12-10-2006, 01:13 AM
imo the chemistry would be horrible if that happen'd

Not really.

Look at Miami who is a real scoring threat? There would be plenty of touches to go around, especially a guy like Wade who isnt a headcase and likes to get teammates involved.

Haslem could get his 7 shots a game, Iverson and Wade could put up between 20 and 30 points every game, Shaq could take a smaller role and defenses have yet another guy to try and double team.

The trade wont happen obviously, but if it did I dont think it would be a problem at all.

King Felix
12-10-2006, 01:20 AM
Not really.

Look at Miami who is a real scoring threat? There would be plenty of touches to go around, especially a guy like Wade who isnt a headcase and likes to get teammates involved.

Haslem could get his 7 shots a game, Iverson and Wade could put up between 20 and 30 points every game, Shaq could take a smaller role and defenses have yet another guy to try and double team.

The trade wont happen obviously, but if it did I dont think it would be a problem at all.true, but like you said it wont happen

icephinfan
12-10-2006, 02:08 AM

That would be sweet, too bad that won't happen.:(

Doesn't A.I. carry a very high price tag??? Not sure if the Heat would want to pay that.

Vertical Limit
12-10-2006, 02:25 AM
Allen Iverson would be a terrible fit in Miami. Sorry, but Allen Iverson needs the ball on his hands over 30 times to be effective. That would limit the plays from Dwyane and Shaq.

Amars
12-10-2006, 09:19 AM
...and if they don't bring in AI,Kevin's career is over in Minny.:tongue:

Love to see KG in LA,but at what cost? Lamar is my second favorite Laker.

KG will be your second favorite player then. I love Odom but sometimes moves have to be made.

dreday
12-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Practice,We Talkin About Practice.I mean we talkin about practice!-AI:D

Whoever gets him better be worried about him showing up for practice.:lol:

UCFinfan86
12-10-2006, 01:38 PM
The rumor for boston was for Al Jefferson, Sebastian Telfair, Delone West, Theo Ratliff, and a first round pick

That would deplete boston's bench, but give them a great 1-2-3 scoring punch and allow them to keep Gerald Green. A lineup of
AI, Pierce, Wally, Gomes, Perkins is pretty straight with a bench of Rondo, Green, Powe, Allen is pretty bad but with Pierce and AI they are going to get 38 minutes a night. They just have no backcourt depth at all. They could go to playing a smaller lineup all the time having Pierce play the PF and Gomes/Perkins at C

Amars
12-10-2006, 05:40 PM
That seems good because they could probably pick up another roll player to help and will be better then what they have. They have to take a chance and make a move.

ILPhinFan88
12-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Looks like we may hear something today. :boohoo:

DeathStar
12-11-2006, 11:51 AM

:nono:

icephinfan
12-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Chicago could send the expiring contracts of forwards P.J. Brown and Michael Sweetney, with guard Ben Gordon and a first-round pick to Philly for Allen Iverson. Their brass will meet today but appear unlikely to make such a move.
-- Philadelphia Inquirer

Vertical Limit
12-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Chicago could send the expiring contracts of forwards P.J. Brown and Michael Sweetney, with guard Ben Gordon and a first-round pick to Philly for Allen Iverson. Their brass will meet today but appear unlikely to make such a move.
-- Philadelphia Inquirer
My friend from Philly told me he thinks that, THAT would be the best trade of them all.

I still think a trade to Minnesota for a Randy Foye and another player or 2, plus a draft pick would be best.

ChambersWI
12-11-2006, 05:23 PM
My friend from Philly told me he thinks that, THAT would be the best trade of them all.

I still think a trade to Minnesota for a Randy Foye and another player or 2, plus a draft pick would be best.

KG came out and said DON'T trade Foye,Smith, or McCants.

I'm still convinced that the best deal for all sides is Boston. Though how much does this have to suck for Telfair if that is the trade? Hyped up so much coming out of high school, and would be on his third team. That is why he shuld have gone to Louisville and worked on his weaknesses.

Stephen A. just said something about Stackhouse,Croshere,Devin Harris, and a first round pick for AI. That could work for philly. Cause the two expiring contracts could be traded at the deadline, and a corp of Harris/Iggy/Carney/Korver would be a nice thing for Philly to build around.

Vertical Limit
12-11-2006, 05:45 PM
KG came out and said DON'T trade Foye,Smith, or McCants.

I'm still convinced that the best deal for all sides is Boston. Though how much does this have to suck for Telfair if that is the trade? Hyped up so much coming out of high school, and would be on his third team. That is why he shuld have gone to Louisville and worked on his weaknesses.

Stephen A. just said something about Stackhouse,Croshere,Devin Harris, and a first round pick for AI. That could work for philly. Cause the two expiring contracts could be traded at the deadline, and a corp of Harris/Iggy/Carney/Korver would be a nice thing for Philly to build around.
I just don't see Dallas trading 2 of the players that played a huge role to get to the championship game.

dreday
12-11-2006, 07:03 PM
Just heard from a bird:AI to Kings for Bibby and Williamson.Plus a small contract.(Douby or Garcia).Dont ask for a source,youll probably see this transpire within the next several hours.

Roman529
12-11-2006, 07:31 PM
That would suck for AI if no team wants to do a deal ....then he is stuck with Philly for the time being. :lol:

ChambersWI
12-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Just heard from a bird:AI to Kings for Bibby and Williamson.Plus a small contract.(Douby or Garcia).Dont ask for a source,youll probably see this transpire within the next several hours.

I have heard about a deal involving Bibby. 1)Bibby's dad is an assistant in Philly and 2)He supposedly wants out of SacTown. The hold-up I've heard is that Philly wants a low post threat, but SacTown doesn't want to give up Miller or SAR.

I've also heard these two rumors.

AI to indy for SJax and a combo of players(Indy is tired of dealing with thugs). Or AI to Portland for Dixon, Magloire, Outlaw, and a first.

ChambersWI
12-11-2006, 07:34 PM
That would suck for AI if no team wants to do a deal ....then he is stuck with Philly for the time being. :lol:

he has said he wants to be a 6er for life, BUT that he thinks he's finally overstayed his welcome. He released a statement saying that the team can't get better with him on it, and that he was doing more harm than good.

icephinfan
12-11-2006, 07:50 PM

Some reporter on ESPNEWS said that, the BULLS,Wolves and the Mavs could work out a deal.

Roman529
12-11-2006, 07:55 PM
he has said he wants to be a 6er for life, BUT that he thinks he's finally overstayed his welcome. He released a statement saying that the team can't get better with him on it, and that he was doing more harm than good.

I have been reading all the Philly sports sites and they said one of the problems is there are few teams who would be able to give up as many players to match up with the contract that AI makes.

Unlike last year's Artest saga, when his relatively small salary ($6.8 million) gave the Pacers a myriad of options to consider, the Sixers have a limited number of proposals to sift through due to the number of players it would take, in most cases, to have salaries that add up within the range ($13.75 million to $21.5 million) of what is needed to match Iverson's salary (he makes $17.2 million this season, $19.1M in 2007-08 and $21.1M in 2008-09) for the trade to work under NBA rules.

UCFinfan86
12-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Mark Cuban has said that he will not trade for AI, and he isn't trading Devin Harris

ILPhinFan88
12-13-2006, 01:25 PM
I heard now its down to Denver & Indiana. I really hope its not Indy, thats who I always went to see him play against. I dont want to see him play for them and please I dont want Steven jackson to be a Sixer.