PDA

View Full Version : Question for Administrators?

DirkDiggler
12-08-2006, 05:47 PM
If you are going to close and lock threads then what is the point of leaving it on the board? If you wanted make a statement why not just write a commentary?

Signed,
Quite confused.

byroan
12-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Question for poster.

Why do you post in the wrong forum?

Signed,

DirkDiggler
12-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Why does that make me wrong? I'll go to what ever forum and ask the question however I still would like to know the answer.

DirkDiggler
12-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Apparently this is the right forum for chastising board members for speculating on Saban and Bamma.

DirkDiggler
12-08-2006, 05:56 PM
So that's your answer? Nice.

Celtkin
12-08-2006, 06:01 PM
If you are going to close and lock threads then what is the point of leaving it on the board? If you wanted make a statement why not just write a commentary?

Signed,
Quite confused.

Threads are locked to prevent further posting. Eventually, they will scroll off the page and there is no need to delete them. :wink:

CrunchTime
12-08-2006, 06:06 PM
The story was no longer Dolphin related.It has now become a story about Alabama looking for a head coach thus further speculation belongs in the College forum.

cnc66
12-08-2006, 06:18 PM
The story was no longer Dolphin related.It has now become a story about Alabama looking for a head coach thus further speculation belongs in the College forum.

thank you

DirkDiggler
12-08-2006, 06:21 PM
So why not move it like the rest of our posts who are out of place?

CrunchTime
12-08-2006, 06:30 PM
So why not move it like the rest of our posts who are out of place?

The thread has aged with time.It was relevant when it was posted because there was speculation that Saban was a prime candidate for the job.

That is no longer the case.That rumor has been resolved.The last few posts in the thread were speculating on who would be the prime candidates for Alabamas HC job ,now that Sabans name was removed from consideration if indeed he ever was a candidate.

byroan
12-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Apparently this is the right forum for chastising board members for speculating on Saban and Bamma.

Who was chastised? I asked a simple question. There's a forum for questions about the site but instead you posted it in the Miami Dolphins forum. The thread was closed because it was getting out of hand. It was left in the forum so posters were still able to read it but no longer post in it.

DirkDiggler
12-09-2006, 12:26 AM
My point was this. I posted something in the wrong forum so you moved it quickly. (as it should be) But the post you locked should also have been moved hours ago but instead since it was written by one of the insiders you left it there all day just to keep your point going. It should have been moved imeadieatly or left open for discussion and neither took place. Just seemed like a power play to me.

Fin Fan in Cali
12-09-2006, 12:50 AM
My point was this. I posted something in the wrong forum so you moved it quickly. (as it should be) But the post you locked should also have been moved hours ago but instead since it was written by one of the insiders you left it there all day just to keep your point going. It should have been moved imeadieatly or left open for discussion and neither took place. Just seemed like a power play to me.If you have an issue that needs attention, you could of at the time, pm'ed a mod that was on at the time, reported the post in question, or thirdly sent a email to admins@finheaven.com Either one of the three ways could have gotten your concern or question answered. There are no power plays here, this is football not Hockey.:D

Crypt Keeper
12-09-2006, 01:55 AM
With stories like these coming up:

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/kscarbinsky.ssf?/base/sports/1165576368170950.xml&coll=2&thispage=1

I think the thread should stay open. It is still not 100% certain that Saban will remain with the Dolphins when the season ends.

CrunchTime
12-09-2006, 08:28 AM
With stories like these coming up:

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/kscarbinsky.ssf?/base/sports/1165576368170950.xml&coll=2&thispage=1

I think the thread should stay open. It is still not 100% certain that Saban will remain with the Dolphins when the season ends.

The Alabama press has lost all of its credibility .All of the false rumors originated from there.

If you want to start a new thread about this new rumor go ahead as long as its well written and supported...........and hopefully from a source other than the Alabama press.

The old thread was going off topic and becoming antagonistic.

BTW congrats for becoming an insider according to the originator of this thread since you started the thread in question.:wink:

Crypt Keeper
12-09-2006, 11:11 AM
BTW congrats for becoming an insider according to the originator of this thread since you started the thread in question.:wink:Are you taking a shot at me? I just posted these threads because it was news involving our coach. Was I not supposed to post something Dolphin related?

CrunchTime
12-09-2006, 11:33 AM
Are you taking a shot at me? I just posted these threads because it was news involving our coach. Was I not supposed to post something Dolphin related?

Not at all.The thread starter of this thread seems to think that we are involved in some sort of conspiracy with you.:D

My point was this. I posted something in the wrong forum so you moved it quickly. (as it should be) But the post you locked should also have been moved hours ago but instead since it was written by one of the insiders you left it there all day just to keep your point going. It should have been moved imeadieatly or left open for discussion and neither took place. Just seemed like a power play to me.

byroan
12-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Why should it have been moved? I really don't understand your argument. At the time of the post, it was Dolphins related. It was closed so it could still be read.

DirkDiggler
12-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Here is a quote from Crunch Time super moderator.

My point exactly. They left the thread up all day but closed so no one else could post to it. I posted my question and they said that it was the wrong forum and it was "Imedeatly" Moved!!! Whereas the saban thread stayed there even though the moderator said it was in the wrong forum. Proving my point that the mod liked the idea of "Us" having to look at the point of view that we were wrong for suggesting that Saban wasnt as Loyal as we thought and wanted to rub our noses in it without having the chance to respond. If he really thought it belonged in the other forum then he would have moved it so we all could continue to comment.

Wildbill3
12-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Here is a quote from Crunch Time super moderator.

My point exactly. They left the thread up all day but closed so no one else could post to it. I posted my question and they said that it was the wrong forum and it was "Imedeatly" Moved!!! Whereas the saban thread stayed there even though the moderator said it was in the wrong forum. Proving my point that the mod liked the idea of "Us" having to look at the point of view that we were wrong for suggesting that Saban wasnt as Loyal as we thought and wanted to rub our noses in it without having the chance to respond. If he really thought it belonged in the other forum then he would have moved it so we all could continue to comment.right. :evilmod: at work. the simple answer is, it was relevant when it was started. Do you want us to go back and remove every jay or Ray or marino thread from the main forum because they are no longer on the team? if it concerned the team it stays. the thread being locked doesnt' mean we have to move it.

inFINSible
12-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Don't worry...."Pick on Dirk Diggler" week ends Sunday at midnight. :wink:

DirkDiggler
12-09-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm done. I give up. There is no debating you guys on this. I like to talk Dolphins football but the few of you at the top treat this board like its your football and if you dont like something your just gonna take your ball and go home.

inFINSible
12-09-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm done. I give up. There is no debating you guys on this. I like to talk Dolphins football but the few of you at the top treat this board like its your football and if you dont like something your just gonna take your ball and go home.
I don't see how you can say that.....maybe there's a formula.....try this

How many threads have you started? Now, subtract how many of those threads we've moved or closed. Then stare at the total and try to say we're censoring you.....and say it with a straight face too....

Celtkin
12-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I don't see how you can say that.....maybe there's a formula.....try this

How many threads have you started? Now, subtract how many of those threads we've moved or closed. Then stare at the total and try to say we're censoring you.....and say it with a straight face too....

That seriously one of the funniest things I have read in a long time :lol:

Crypt Keeper
12-09-2006, 11:47 PM
I know we all want this Alabama/Saban stuff to end. However, we as Miami fans have to realize that this is FAR from over. Latest news:

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/kscarbinsky.ssf?/base/sports/1165659450105990.xml&coll=2&thispage=1

Crypt Keeper
12-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Look at this from Len Pasquarelli:
Timing not right for Saban and Alabama: There were a lot of people in the Miami front office, those who still regard Nick Saban as a martinet of sorts, who were hoping the Dolphins' coach would accept the Alabama job. And, truth be told, there were a few people close to Saban who were nudging him in the general direction of Tuscaloosa. Had the timing been a little different and Alabama been able to wait until the end of the NFL season before making its choice, those people might have been able to persuade Saban to at least consider the job. And let's be straight about this: The offer floated to Saban by the Alabama folks was nowhere close to the $57 million that has been reported. It was, though, for 10 years, and at an average more than double what former West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez turned down from the Crimson Tide.