PDA

View Full Version : New Mass Effect Trailer on XBL Marketplace

mor911
12-08-2006, 07:47 PM
A new trailer for Mass Effect was put on XBL today.... MY GOD!! I won't spoil it. Go download it noW!

ofcourse, trailers are free.

Bruzer
12-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Its also on gametrailers.com It does look awesome this may break the camels back and make me get a xbox. Only dumb part is hes like you might think this is a cut scene it really isnt. I could tell it wasnt a cut scene lol. Also the guy with full headset sounded kinda like kid of rugrats cartoon lol.

Phin-o-rama
12-08-2006, 09:31 PM
i heard this vid is from X06 or w/e from a long time ago....so just imagine what they've cleaned up since then :)

finsrule84
12-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Its also on gametrailers.com It does look awesome this may break the camels back and make me get a xbox. Only dumb part is hes like you might think this is a cut scene it really isnt. I could tell it wasnt a cut scene lol. Also the guy with full headset sounded kinda like kid of rugrats cartoon lol.

1. He said that because people think something looking that good has to be cgi

2. from what i heard, it is the kid from Rutgrats (and it's a girl, not a guy)

Agent51
12-10-2006, 02:04 PM
The trailer looks pretty cool, but it reminds me of an old Sega Genesis game. I can't remember the name, but you were at a space station and could buy stuff and then you could travel all over the universe and land on planets and mine them for valuables then go sell them back at the space station.. You also might come across other races and then you could talk to them and pick how you wanted to respond, like friendly or hostile or scared etc etc. It was cool because different planets had different gravity and stuff, so when landing you had to tap the button really fast to slow down on planets with heavy gravity. Does nayone know what game I'm talking about and remember the name? It's driving me nuts now, lol.

Majpain
12-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Game Looks Freaking Amazing.

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-10-2006, 08:42 PM
The trailer looks pretty cool, but it reminds me of an old Sega Genesis game. I can't remember the name, but you were at a space station and could buy stuff and then you could travel all over the universe and land on planets and mine them for valuables then go sell them back at the space station.. You also might come across other races and then you could talk to them and pick how you wanted to respond, like friendly or hostile or scared etc etc. It was cool because different planets had different gravity and stuff, so when landing you had to tap the button really fast to slow down on planets with heavy gravity. Does nayone know what game I'm talking about and remember the name? It's driving me nuts now, lol.

if you mean Star Control II, you deserve a punch in the face. That is a PC game and one of the best.

Majpain
12-10-2006, 09:23 PM
OMG Is this like their new engine? Maybe we will see Kotor :drool: Gawd when does it come out?

Bruzer
12-10-2006, 09:53 PM
I hope to see another kotor but I don't know if we will because lucas arts cut kotor from thier budget.

Majpain
12-11-2006, 01:20 AM
I hope to see another kotor but I don't know if we will because lucas arts cut kotor from thier budget.

You make me sad :boohoo:

You got a source? Because that will really blow.

Bruzer
12-11-2006, 09:10 AM
I will look for the source I read it after beating Kotor 2 becuase I wanted a third when I read that it sucked but does not mean they will not put them back on budget if they haven't already.

Here are 2 sources.:(

http://swforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=461636&forum=76

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/13/news_6104775.html

Agent51
12-11-2006, 12:14 PM
if you mean Star Control II, you deserve a punch in the face. That is a PC game and one of the best.

http://www.lampefamily.us/jonathan/Gaming_SegaGenesis_StarControl.php

Does that mean I get to punch you in the face?

Besides, that doesn't look like the game I am talking about anyway. It COULD be, but the one I remember focused a lot on landing on different planets and mining for stuff, then sometimes you'd come across other alien ships and they'd talk to you and you could choose how to respond.

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-11-2006, 01:33 PM
http://www.lampefamily.us/jonathan/Gaming_SegaGenesis_StarControl.php

Does that mean I get to punch you in the face?

Besides, that doesn't look like the game I am talking about anyway. It COULD be, but the one I remember focused a lot on landing on different planets and mining for stuff, then sometimes you'd come across other alien ships and they'd talk to you and you could choose how to respond.

I know it was on Genesis. You should punch yourself in the face for not playing it on the PC. In fact anyone who hasn't played Star Control II needs to just punch themselves in the face due to the fact they missed an excellent game.

That game you could go down on planets with your little mining thing and shoot animals and upgrade your little rover to take on the punishments of the new planets. They had very interesting and entertaining aliens. Including this one race where they discovered fire, the wheel and religion all in the same day when lightning hit a rock causing it to burst into flames and roll down the hill into one of their friends. They were sad and wanted to think that their friend went to a better place.

Predaphin
12-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Wow that trailer looks sickening!

Motion
12-11-2006, 01:48 PM
I know it was on Genesis. You should punch yourself in the face for not playing it on the PC. In fact anyone who hasn't played Star Control II needs to just punch themselves in the face due to the fact they missed an excellent game.

That game you could go down on planets with your little mining thing and shoot animals and upgrade your little rover to take on the punishments of the new planets. They had very interesting and entertaining aliens. Including this one race where they discovered fire, the wheel and religion all in the same day when lightning hit a rock causing it to burst into flames and roll down the hill into one of their friends. They were sad and wanted to think that their friend went to a better place.

:lol: Sounds...............................interesting!

Agent51
12-12-2006, 12:06 PM

Eh, I don't like PC gaming, but Star Control 2 sounds exactly like the game I am talking about, so it was either 2 I played on Genesis, or #1 was like that too and the screens just didn't show it. I remember "plutonium" was always the highest priced thing, you made crazy money on that.

Mike13
12-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Including this one race where they discovered fire, the wheel and religion all in the same day when lightning hit a rock causing it to burst into flames and roll down the hill into one of their friends. They were sad and wanted to think that their friend went to a better place

Best.Premise Ever.

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Eh, I don't like PC gaming, but Star Control 2 sounds exactly like the game I am talking about, so it was either 2 I played on Genesis, or #1 was like that too and the screens just didn't show it. I remember "plutonium" was always the highest priced thing, you made crazy money on that.

If one of the races were called the Spathi then it is star control as I believe they were in all three games. They were like bugs who were VERY cowardly. In Star Control II you saved their planet from an infestation of fluffy cuddly bears.

The beauty of the PC version of this game is the music. It has one of the BEST sound tracks that I EVER heard on a video game. I highly doubt they could recreate it on genesis. Plus it is much easier to cheat. That game would take FOREVER if you actually played it the way you are supposed to.

Agent51
12-12-2006, 08:18 PM
If one of the races were called the Spathi then it is star control as I believe they were in all three games. They were like bugs who were VERY cowardly. In Star Control II you saved their planet from an infestation of fluffy cuddly bears.

The beauty of the PC version of this game is the music. It has one of the BEST sound tracks that I EVER heard on a video game. I highly doubt they could recreate it on genesis. Plus it is much easier to cheat. That game would take FOREVER if you actually played it the way you are supposed to.

Thats why I stopped, lol. It was my cousin's game so he brought it over and it was fun for a few hours just because it was the first "open world" type game (that I had ever played anyway) and the mining was cool, as was threatening aliens. Buit then it just got too tedious and I never touched it again. I actually forgot all about it until I watched the Mass Effect trailer and saw you could choose how to respond and go to all different planets. I wonder if they will have the button mashing "mini game" when landing in Mass Effect like in Star Control. Sometimes it was cool to go to a heavy gravity planet and not even attempt to slow down and watch your rover thing just get obliterated :lol:

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-14-2006, 07:50 PM
I just had an interview to work on this game as a tester.

dolphinfan2k5
12-14-2006, 08:07 PM
I just had an interview to work on this game as a tester.

Sounds cool, how'd you manage to get that.

mor911
12-14-2006, 08:32 PM
I just had an interview to work on this game as a tester.The Mor officially hates you.

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-15-2006, 12:24 AM
Sounds cool, how'd you manage to get that.

Been a tester around Seattle for years. Just through management company. They offered me the job. If the pay is enough, I will get paid to play this game.

Majpain
12-15-2006, 12:44 AM
I hate you Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-18-2006, 01:02 PM
I offically accepted the job today. Starting January 2nd I am a tester on the Microsoft Publishing team. Which will be testing the expansion to Zoo Tycoon II and of course a little known game called Mass Effect.

Majpain
12-18-2006, 01:31 PM
I offically accepted the job today. Starting January 2nd I am a tester on the Microsoft Publishing team. Which will be testing the expansion to Zoo Tycoon II and of course a little known game called Mass Effect.

:shakeno: How much does it pay?

Motion
12-18-2006, 01:36 PM

Congrats!

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-18-2006, 01:55 PM
:shakeno: How much does it pay?

It is just a lowly software testing job. 22.60 an hour

Majpain
12-18-2006, 02:01 PM
It is just a lowly software testing job. 22.60 an hour

.... how many hours will you clock in?

mor911
12-18-2006, 02:10 PM
I hate you.

:ban:

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-18-2006, 02:20 PM
.... how many hours will you clock in?

It is a regular 40 hours a week job. Software testing in this area will pay you around 30 to 50 thousand a year for a contract and 55 to 70 a year if you can get a full time position.

I tend to think of my pay by hour due to the fact that is how I am paid as a contractor.

Bruzer
12-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Thats cool you test games.

I am currently studying programming working on becoming a game programmer.

mor911
12-18-2006, 02:40 PM
It is a regular 40 hours a week job. Software testing in this area will pay you around 30 to 50 thousand a year for a contract and 55 to 70 a year if you can get a full time position.

I tend to think of my pay by hour due to the fact that is how I am paid as a contractor.So.... I know you signed a privacy agreement and all.... But will you spill insides to us? :hi5:

Bruzer
12-18-2006, 02:44 PM
I have tried that with people I know who work on killzone for ps3 they won't say anything lol. Another guy working on a private project I know can't say anything either. Damn nda's.

Stitches
12-18-2006, 03:27 PM

I tend to think of my pay by hour due to the fact that is how I am paid as a contractor.

Just wondering how you got involved in being a tester? Like what's your background?

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-19-2006, 02:32 AM
So.... I know you signed a privacy agreement and all.... But will you spill insides to us? :hi5:

would you give up your job to be a big man on a message board?

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-19-2006, 02:34 AM
Just wondering how you got involved in being a tester? Like what's your background?

Basically went to school and got my computer science degree. Couldn't find a programming job so I took a testing job and have been testing ever since. This is my 5th contract, 4th with Microsoft through Volt.

Majpain
12-19-2006, 02:55 AM
Basically went to school and got my computer science degree. Couldn't find a programming job so I took a testing job and have been testing ever since. This is my 5th contract, 4th with Microsoft through Volt.

What other games?

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-19-2006, 03:38 AM
What other games?

this is my first job testing games. Well first job testing games that they don't hire any person off the street. I did a little game testing at this place called VMC. If you live in seattle area and want to get paid 10 dollars an hour to play video games, give VMC a call. They literally would hire anyone. Of course it is on call and you don't get to choose what team you are a part of. THere is a chance you might be hardware and you have to open and close Xboxes (thank god I never had to do that) or get placed on a game you don't like like FIFA Soccer for 3 FREAKING DAYS!!!

Majpain
12-19-2006, 12:54 PM
this is my first job testing games. Well first job testing games that they don't hire any person off the street. I did a little game testing at this place called VMC. If you live in seattle area and want to get paid 10 dollars an hour to play video games, give VMC a call. They literally would hire anyone. Of course it is on call and you don't get to choose what team you are a part of. THere is a chance you might be hardware and you have to open and close Xboxes (thank god I never had to do that) or get placed on a game you don't like like FIFA Soccer for 3 FREAKING DAYS!!!

:lol:
So you could gt stuck with Barbie horse mystery?

Bruzer
12-19-2006, 01:42 PM
^^ Basically ya that can happen.

Majpain
12-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Oh boy its all about knowing the guys.

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Oh boy its all about knowing the guys.

I also heard horror story about the low level testers that work for Nintendo. That they are practically slave drivers and 3 weeks of nintendogs is REALLY boring.

Majpain
12-19-2006, 02:33 PM
:lol: doesnt sound so good now.

Bruzer
12-19-2006, 02:43 PM
It would be cool to test games but like the example above you can get stuck with horrible games. I rather stick to making games if I am going into gaming area.

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-19-2006, 02:48 PM
It would be cool to test games but like the example above you can get stuck with horrible games. I rather stick to making games if I am going into gaming area.

well you could be making Barbie Bible Adventures. I couldn't imagine what it is like to be a developer on a really crappy game.

Majpain
12-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Well Bruzer I wish you luck man. Make the good games :)

Bruzer
12-19-2006, 03:13 PM
well you could be making Barbie Bible Adventures. I couldn't imagine what it is like to be a developer on a really crappy game.

True lol. Im suprised you didn't find a programming job because from what I have heard from developer pals they are in demand. Or where you looking for local?

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-19-2006, 03:42 PM
True lol. Im suprised you didn't find a programming job because from what I have heard from developer pals they are in demand. Or where you looking for local?

I couldn't find one during the crash. Now my skills have gone down. If you don't use it you lose it. I need to study up and maybe take a class and then I can get a developer job. THere are plenty now