PDA

View Full Version : Dolfan Sites Charity Drive - Crowder and McMichael Involved

Muck
12-08-2006, 10:02 PM
This is for an extremely good cause. Here's a quick background:

Randy and Channing, thru the Randy McMichael Foundation, are signing 8x10's tonight at a high school basketball game to raise money for a Boca teen who was seriously hurt in a drive-by shooting. The kid lies in a coma and his family has no insurance. Here's the full story in case you haven't seen it already.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/12/07/a5c_HS_lubin_1207.html

The event is happening tonight, but Randy and Channing will give signed 8x10's to anyone who wants to donate via the internet.

All of the Dolfan sites across the internet are getting involved. My man Doug over at Phinatics.com is organizing this thing. If you want to donate, you'll get a photo. The autographed 8x10's are $20 a set (your get one of each player). Shipping is $4.

To donate, go to www.paypal.com and send the money to dolfansites@aol.com.

Shipping will take place Christmas week. But you must donate within the next 24 hours (Saturday night). Please click the link below for more information and how to donate.

http://www.phinatics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7284

About $800 has already been raised for this kid by the Dolfan sites. Lets push it higher.

UPDATE: The deadline has been extended to Monday night. More images are being ordered. And Randy and Channing will sign them next week. The event itself raised $2000. So far we (the fans sites) have raised an additional $1300. Lets keep it going.

12-08-2006, 10:51 PM
nice job for getting this info out on this site. I've donated through doug already.

DUB
12-08-2006, 11:45 PM
This is not only a deal, but a great time to pull together and help someone in need. Lets show this family the holiday and Finfan spirit!:dolphins::dolphins:

igor79
12-09-2006, 12:44 AM
donated/bump

phintastic
12-09-2006, 01:13 AM
Appreciate it guys!

We've busted $900 thanks to fans from dolfan sites like this one and we are own our way to over $1000 hopefully.

You get to give to a good cause and get 2 autographed 8x10's for a steal! Crowder and Randy Mac at only $10 each!!

FYI, I'm shipping these out after the Jets game on Christmas night when I'm down in S FL for the big game. No worries on the legitimacy of these -- they are from the Randy McMichael Foundation.

Great gift idea! GO DOLPHINS!

whatsburning
12-09-2006, 01:22 AM
Sent payment just now...

mesquillo10
12-09-2006, 01:34 AM
Any left?

Fin Fan in Cali
12-09-2006, 01:38 AM
Appreciate it guys!

We've busted $900 thanks to fans from dolfan sites like this one and we are own our way to over $1000 hopefully.

You get to give to a good cause and get 2 autographed 8x10's for a steal! Crowder and Randy Mac at only $10 each!!

FYI, I'm shipping these out after the Jets game on Christmas night when I'm down in S FL for the big game. No worries on the legitimacy of these -- they are from the Randy McMichael Foundation.

Great gift idea! GO DOLPHINS!Doug it was great to meet you at the KC game with Matt. Mine is on it's way bro.

Thanks,
John

Fin Fan in Cali
12-09-2006, 01:44 AM
Any left?Bro send the money, Doug will make it happen.:wink:

phintastic
12-09-2006, 01:47 AM
Same here John, especially meeting you after a WIN!

I e-mailed the Director of the RMF and told her to add a bunch more for us. It's not going to be a problem getting all we need. The 24 hour deal is because this has to end sometime since this is not my full-time gig :-).

Thanks again! I'm sure the RMF and the unlucky kid will appreciate our help!

I'll see if I can't get a pic to post here of what the 8x10's look like. I think they are going to be unique from what I was told.

GO DOLPHINS!

Fin Fan in Cali
12-09-2006, 01:50 AM
Prayers, thoughts and best wishes for this kid that he comes out of the coma, and to the family. Let's do what we can to help!:wink:

PHAZINPHINZPHAN
12-09-2006, 02:26 AM
How do I contribute?

dolphan98
12-09-2006, 02:43 AM
Any possibility of shipping to Canada?

igor79
12-09-2006, 05:01 AM
Any possibility of shipping to Canada?

you should just pay pal a few extra dollars, doug will get it to you for sure...

i dontated a few extra dollars anyway to help out... this isnt about getting an autographed picture....

njfinfan
12-09-2006, 07:45 AM
This is for an extremely good cause. Here's a quick background:

Randy and Channing, thru the Randy McMichael Foundation, are signing 8x10's tonight at a high school basketball game to raise money for a Boca teen who was seriously hurt in a drive-by shooting. The kid lies in a coma and his family has no insurance. Here's the full story in case you haven't seen it already.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/12/07/a5c_HS_lubin_1207.html

The event is happening tonight, but Randy and Channing will give signed 8x10's to anyone who wants to donate via the internet.

All of the Dolfan sites across the internet are getting involved. My man Doug over at Phinatics.com is organizing this thing. If you want to donate, you'll get a photo. Shipping will take place Christmas week. But you must donate within the next 24 hours. Please click the link below for more information and how to donate.

http://www.phinatics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7284

About $800 has already been raised for this kid by the Dolfan sites. Lets push it higher.

George - I just saw this. Obviously, it's Saturday morning almost 7ish. Am I too late? Even if I'm too late for the pics, could I still donate for the kid? What a shame this happened.

Let me know please.

Thanks.

Muck
12-09-2006, 09:14 AM
It's not too late.

Basically tonight (Saturday night) is the 'deadline'.

Muck
12-09-2006, 09:17 AM
How do I contribute?

They're $20 a set (two photos). Shipping is $4.

Go to www.paypal.com and send the money to dolfansites@aol.com.

UK Phin
12-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi, would you be able to ship to the UK if I add a bit more to P & P?

Rocky Raccoon
12-09-2006, 01:14 PM
I will be donating later today. I hope I can figure out this paypal thing.

Rocky Raccoon
12-09-2006, 01:40 PM
so wait, when I'm sending the money, do I put $24.00 or $20.00?

dolphan98
12-09-2006, 02:58 PM
I donated and gave few extra dollars to cover the cost of shipping to Canada. Hope this kid pulls through.

dolphan98
12-09-2006, 03:00 PM
you should just pay pal a few extra dollars, doug will get it to you for sure...

i dontated a few extra dollars anyway to help out... this isnt about getting an autographed picture....

Donated what I could. Funds aren't easy to come by when you're putting yourself through law school.

Caps
12-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Kevin is a friend of mine. I'd like to thank all of you who are donating, it means a lot.

Rocky Raccoon
12-09-2006, 03:51 PM
ok, I donated!

Muck, can you keep us posted on how much we raise?

JL25
12-09-2006, 04:10 PM
donation just sent.

phintastic
12-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Caps, could you please keep us updated on his status? Sorry this happened to your friend.

The charity drive deadline has been extended to Monday morning. Some extra pics will be ordered then and they will get signed next week! Shipping will be right after the Dolphins vs. Jets game. By the way, the 8x10's are not your everyday mass produced photofile photos. They are being done by the RMF and feature more than one image in them. Very cool photos!

I'll ship to the UK, Canada, wherever. We'll find a way to make it work!

FYI, the event raised an estimated $2000 last night. The dolfansites drive has raised an estimated $1300 thanks to fans like the ones here at finheaven that have already chipped in!

Our goal is to bust the $2000 they got last night and we are only about 35 fan orders away from doing it!

Phineas64
12-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Count me in too!

njfinfan
12-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Caps, could you please keep us updated on his status? Sorry this happened to your friend.

The charity drive deadline has been extended to Monday morning. Some extra pics will be ordered then and they will get signed next week! Shipping will be right after the Dolphins vs. Jets game. By the way, the 8x10's are not your everyday mass produced photofile photos. They are being done by the RMF and feature more than one image in them. Very cool photos!

FYI, the event raised an estimated $2000 last night. The dolfansites drive has raised an estimated $1300 thanks to fans like the ones here at finheaven that have already chipped in!

Our goal is to bust the $2000 they got last night and we are only about 35 fan orders away from doing it!

Awesome. I'm donating too. Look what great Dolphin fans can do when they come together for a purpose. You guys (whether you can donate or not) are great people and fans.

njfinfan
12-09-2006, 06:53 PM

Yes Caps - please keep us posted on how he's doing. We'll keep it stickied to let everyone know.

Thanks.

phintastic
12-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Added 15 more last night. There's still time to help out!

njfinfan
12-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Added 15 more last night. There's still time to help out!

:up: :clap: That's awesome Doug!

phintastic
12-10-2006, 10:11 AM
We're getting there!

FYI folks, njfinfan just volunteered to print the labels for all the dolfans that bought the photos! That is a HUGE help! Props to njfinfan!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!

njfinfan
12-10-2006, 10:21 AM
We're getting there!

FYI folks, njfinfan just volunteered to print the labels for all the dolfans that bought the photos! That is a HUGE help! Props to njfinfan!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!

No problem Doug. It's my pleasure to help out this holiday season.

Fin Fan in Cali
12-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Added 15 more last night. There's still time to help out!That is great!:wink:

Osmo
12-10-2006, 08:38 PM
My mom had been trying to figure out what to get me for x-mas.. so this is great... I get an awesome x-mas gift and it goes to a great cause (money already sent!).

I really commend everyone that has been involved in this, I really hope everything turns out ok for him!!!!

Caps
12-10-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm not super-close to him, but I'll post what's going on from time to time, when I hear something new. I can tell you that as of a couple days ago, it hasn't been looking too good. He's on a respirator last I heard.

Thanks again to all who have pitched in, Kevin is a good guy, he didn't deserve this.

phintastic
12-11-2006, 01:25 AM
Sorry to hear he isn't doing any better. Regardless, his parents still have to pay the medical bills because of this unfortunate incident. I hope he gets better soon.

As far as the fundraising goes, I am happy to announce we have busted the $2000 goal!!!! Before expenses (shipping, pics, paypal fees) we have busted over $2600!!!!!!! Thanks to all of you that have participated or plan to before the deadline tomorrow morning!

njfinfan
12-11-2006, 06:43 AM
Sorry to hear he isn't doing any better. Regardless, his parents still have to pay the medical bills because of this unfortunate incident. I hope he gets better soon.

I truly hope he pulls through this! What a shame.

As far as the fundraising goes, I am happy to announce we have busted the $2000 goal!!!! Before expenses (shipping, pics, paypal fees) we have busted over $2600!!!!!!! Thanks to all of you that have participated or plan to before the deadline tomorrow morning!

That's awesome Doug.

phintastic
12-12-2006, 12:34 AM
OK, the party is over :-). The dolfansite drive raised an estimated $2200 for the Lubin family!

For those of you who helped out, you will see your pictures soon after we beat the Jets on Christmas night! Thanks again!

Rocky Raccoon
12-12-2006, 12:38 AM
OK, the party is over :-). The dolfansite drive raised an estimated $2200 for the Lubin family!

For those of you who helped out, you will see your pictures soon after we beat the Jets on Christmas night! Thanks again!

$2200, that's great news! I hope everything works out for him and his family.

njfinfan
12-12-2006, 11:08 AM

Just finished printing the labels Doug. Fedex is picking them up tomorrow from my husband's office.

Good job all.

phintastic
12-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks! Check this out!

Crowder contacted Dolphins tight end and close friend Randy McMichael, who has his own charity foundation. The duo raised roughly $2,500 for Lubin on Friday by signing autographs at a West Boca basketball game. Nicole Neuman, executive director of the Randy McMichael Foundation, said another $2,000 was generated by donations made to Dolphins fan Web sites.

She was off a couple hundred, but it's still cool http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-sp12insider2dec12,0,5629592.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-sp12insider2dec12,0,5629592.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front)

phintastic
12-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks! Check this out!

"Crowder contacted Dolphins tight end and close friend Randy McMichael, who has his own charity foundation. The duo raised roughly $2,500 for Lubin on Friday by signing autographs at a West Boca basketball game. Nicole Neuman, executive director of the Randy McMichael Foundation, said another $2,000 was generated by donations made to Dolphins fan Web sites."

She was off a couple hundred, but it's still cool :-)

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-sp12insider2dec12,0,5629592.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-sp12insider2dec12,0,5629592.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front)

njfinfan
12-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks! Check this out!

"Crowder contacted Dolphins tight end and close friend Randy McMichael, who has his own charity foundation. The duo raised roughly $2,500 for Lubin on Friday by signing autographs at a West Boca basketball game. Nicole Neuman, executive director of the Randy McMichael Foundation, said another $2,000 was generated by donations made to Dolphins fan Web sites."

She was off a couple hundred, but it's still cool :-)

Excellent job. That should at least begin to pay what must be substantial medical bills for this boy.

Fin Fan in Cali
12-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Just finished printing the labels Doug. Fedex is picking them up tomorrow from my husband's office.

Good job all.Great Job Mary!:wink:

Caps
12-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Update: Kevin is conscious yet sedated, he's still in intensive care and still on a respirator. The money raised so far has been great and is being put to good use. I'll post again if anything new happens.

njfinfan
12-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Update: Kevin is conscious yet sedated, he's still in intensive care and still on a respirator. The money raised so far has been great and is being put to good use. I'll post again if anything new happens.

Yes, please keep us informed. I'm happy the money is going to good use.

njfinfan
12-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Great Job Mary!:wink:

Thanks John. It's the least I could do for this kid.

NewEra8
12-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Just stumbled across this today... sorry I missed out, but whats the update?

njfinfan
12-30-2006, 06:39 AM
Just stumbled across this today... sorry I missed out, but whats the update?

I pm'd Caps to see if he knows any further details about Kevin's condition. I'll post here when he lets me know what's going on.

Thanks.

Caps
01-01-2007, 12:56 AM
Last I heard there hasn't been much change in his condition, but the latest news is about a week and a half old, being that the entire school is on winter break at the moment. When the second semester begins I'll be sure to get some new info for you all and post it here.

Fin Fan in Cali
01-01-2007, 01:51 AM
Thanks bro! We all appreciate that. Our prayers and thoughts are with him, and his family!:wink:

Rocky Raccoon
01-09-2007, 03:06 AM
has anyone heard any news on what happened to the kid? Did he survive? :pray:

njfinfan
01-09-2007, 08:41 AM
We don't know Rocky. I'm waiting for Caps to update us. Going to go to Doug's site though and pm him and ask him if he knows anything or if he can find out anything.

Thanks for caring.

Mary

njfinfan
01-09-2007, 06:30 PM
I just heard from Doug at phinatics.com. From what the girl doing the photos said he's doing better. The photos will be mailed out the week of the 15th (next week). I told him the photos aren't my first concern, his health is more important to me. He asked me to share the information with you guys here.

Rocky Raccoon
01-09-2007, 07:23 PM
I just heard from Doug at phinatics.com. From what the girl doing the photos said he's doing better. The photos will be mailed out the week of the 15th (next week). I told him the photos aren't my first concern, his health is more important to me. He asked me to share the information with you guys here.

thanks for the update!

awesome that he's doing better, hope he continues his progress.

njfinfan
01-09-2007, 07:26 PM
thanks for the update!

awesome that he's doing better, hope he continues his progress.

You're more than welcome Rocky. I will keep you guys updated as I hear.

Mary