PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Cranx
05-23-2003, 01:42 PM
I know this is going to get moved pretty quickly but I need some opinions on a FFL trade:

I would trade Tiki Barber for Trung Canidate & a 3rd round pick.

Trung has the potential to be a home run hitter but you never know under Spurrier. Tiki, on the other hand, is a consistent back who won't have Dayne looking over his shoulder anymore. I just need a couple of thoughts/opinions here, thanks.

~Po

Muck
05-23-2003, 02:08 PM
It would be a risk, that's for sure.

Candidate has the ability. He's very fast and deceptively strong. He might have fumblitis though. He had 3 lost fumbles in 95 touches in 2001 (his only significant PT), whereas Tiki lost 6 in 372 touches in 2002.

Spurrier is looking to have a wide-open offense. But he is running the ball. Much more than the Rams do. WAS was 15th in rushing attempts last year, where the Rams were dead last. And WAS as a team were 12th in ypcarry. Also, the RBs/FBs caught 93 passes total. The Phins caught 99. IMO, it's appears that he's looking for an fast every-down back that run bust loose at any given time.

If it were me, I just might take this gamble. One thing.....how many teams are in your league??

XoPhinsoX
05-23-2003, 02:19 PM
Candidate..

He is quite fast, but I don't know about fumbles? Ricky has fumbling problems though ;).

But can he rush for as many yards? Noone knows..

Cranx
05-23-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Muck
It would be a risk, that's for sure.

Candidate has the ability. He's very fast and deceptively strong. He might have fumblitis though. He had 3 lost fumbles in 95 touches in 2001 (his only significant PT), whereas Tiki lost 6 in 372 touches in 2002.

Spurrier is looking to have a wide-open offense. But he is running the ball. Much more than the Rams do. WAS was 15th in rushing attempts last year, where the Rams were dead last. And WAS as a team were 12th in ypcarry. Also, the RBs/FBs caught 93 passes total. The Phins caught 99. IMO, it's appears that he's looking for an fast every-down back that run bust loose at any given time.

If it were me, I just might take this gamble. One thing.....how many teams are in your league??

It's a 10 team league but the kicker is that it's a 6 player keeper league. You don't have to keep 6 (there's a supplamental draft to make sure everyone has 6 on the roster by the time the actual draft starts) but many do. What this means is that good talent is in short supply and losing a proven commodity like Tiki could cost me a lot. Then again, my team was dead last last year so I guess it's worth the risk.

DrAstroZoom
05-23-2003, 02:25 PM
I definitely say go for it. Spurrier's offense looks to stabilize and strengthen after all of last year's tinkering. Right now, I'd have to say Trung and Tiki (sounds like a Polynesian law firm!) are pretty even, with the 3rd round pick the determining factor for accepting the trade.

t2thejz
05-23-2003, 05:35 PM
what ffl are you in?

Cranx
05-23-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by t2thejz
what ffl are you in?

I'm a part of a league that's actually been in existence for 13 years now called the TGFFL (http://fflnet.myfantasyleague.com/2003/home/24246 ) There are ten of us and you'll be hard pressed to find 10 more dedicated FFL geeks than us. Like those of us here on Finheaven, the football season doesn't end after the Super Bowl, it ends, well, OK, it never ends. We talk smack year round and have a lot of fun with it. It's a great league! :D

unclemonty
05-24-2003, 02:27 PM
try to get trung and a second rounder for tiki and a fourth or fifth rounder. having two second rounders could land you that marquee player that makes the difference on your squad. it will be much easier to get someone good in the 70 range than in the 80 range of players(keeping 6 players each). you would then probably get to pick four of the top 21 players left to draft and be able to pull yourself out of the cellar. i win my league every year. i am a fantasy guru if you need help, just ask.:)

Bobby Humphrey
05-26-2003, 06:36 AM
tell me more, i bet u could find ten die hards in here, including me.