PDA

View Full Version : 2K Legends Football in 2007?

Deus Ex Dolphin
12-09-2006, 05:22 AM
According to this Robinson guy from IGN, it WILL happen.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/750/750189p1.html

Who cares, if you're a Madden fan? Well, if it kicks EA into high gear to add more features, then EVERYONE wins.

mor911
12-09-2006, 12:32 PM
i hope so.... 2kfootball > ea football.

John Biello
12-09-2006, 12:45 PM
its what weve all been waiting for

Bruzer
12-09-2006, 01:07 PM
That article I agree 100% I can't wait to see what 2k brings to the table maybe get madden off thier high horse for a while and do something.

Uncle Rico II
12-09-2006, 04:08 PM
When does the exclusive rights with EA expire?

Alex44
12-09-2006, 04:16 PM
i hope so.... 2kfootball > ea football.

Sorry but I just cant agree with that.

Madden is the best and will continue to be the best until other games become more realistic and less arcade like IMO

Fresh
12-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Madden football > 2k football
2k basketball > Live basketball

But I agree, it pressures Madden to add more things..

Come on now, this is NEXT GEN and we still don't have pile up's on tackles and fumbles? I wish they'd add that, as well as making jumpballs more realisitc. Overall, just more realistic concact.

Phin-o-rama
12-09-2006, 05:25 PM
refs on the field would be cool!

Deus Ex Dolphin
12-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Let's NOT turn this into a 2K football versus Madden thread. :tantrum:

A PS3 bashing thread would be okay though. :D

Anyway, if this is true, we should know some details in early 2007. I'd expect them to want to release any Legends game around June or a bit later. Just as football gamers are getting excited for the new college and pro games.

That means some screenshots, gameplay details, vids and other promotional stuff should be out no later than March.

I hope.

brandon27
12-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Sorry but I just cant agree with that.

Madden is the best and will continue to be the best until other games become more realistic and less arcade like IMO

I'm with you on this one. I love madden 07. the graphics are brilliant, the gameplay is fun... but i really wish theyd fix that little glitch with guys running into each other and... getting "stuck" ... it drives me insane when youre receivers get stuck on the dbs... thats my only realy complain with madden 07... fix that... and im one happy camper. maybe mix up the playbooks, or better yet add a playbook creator type deal

305TillIDie
12-09-2006, 11:44 PM

But I agree, it pressures Madden to add more things..

Come on now, this is NEXT GEN and we still don't have pile up's on tackles and fumbles? I wish they'd add that, as well as making jumpballs more realisitc. Overall, just more realistic concact.:yes:

Dolfan984
12-10-2006, 12:04 AM

End of story.

But this Legends game looks like it has potential. Hopefully it's better than Blitz the League :lol:

Phin-o-rama
12-10-2006, 12:19 AM
competition is always good so i say bring it on!

honestly, 2k05 or w/e it was for 20 bucks was the smartest thing ever.....so many bought it who had madden too...that was a great year for football games

dQbell
12-10-2006, 12:42 AM
2 years into the 360 and Madden is still lacking in depth, presentation and has major framerate issues.

This game is riding on the popularity of its brand, just like NBA Live is, and we all know what's happening with that.

When 2K releases their football game, we will all get a feel as to what Madden should be.

JPhinfan86
12-10-2006, 07:11 AM
2K released 2K5 for $19.99 and it sold like crazy, EA got scared (fearing they may now have to change something in the game from year to year to sell it - heaven forbid) so they cut a deal to be the only players on the field, Steinbrenner style. Weak -- any return from 2K is far over due.

BigDogsHunt
12-10-2006, 05:38 PM
That 2K5 helmet camera (first person mode) needs to be added to Madden.

NJL52
12-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Madden 2007 for 360 absolutely BLOWS. I'm so f'n pissed that I spent more then 45 cents on this game. I purchased the game, played for like a half hour and it hasn't been back in my 360. I have been playing NCAA 2005 on my old Xbox instead of Madden 2007.

Bringing back 2K sports into the picture would be a dream come true.

brandon27
12-10-2006, 11:53 PM
2k football??? fake teams???

:shakeno:

no thanks.

TrueDolFan
12-11-2006, 03:03 PM
I would buy a 2K Legends football game before I would buy Madden. ESPN NFL 2K5 was (and still is) the best football game ever made. The NFL 2K series surpassed Madden (yes, fanboys, it's true), and rather than competing with the NFL 2K series, and working hard to try to give the public a better game, EA chose to buy the exclusive license so they didn't have to compete.

One of the best things about ESPN NFL 2K5 was it's online leagues. Madden STILL doesn't have anything that REMOTELY comes close! If you want to be in a league in Madden it is a HUGE chore.

I blame the NFL for not having the vision to see that by selling an exclusive license to EA, they are only hurting the fans.

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-11-2006, 04:17 PM
I would buy a 2K Legends football game before I would buy Madden. ESPN NFL 2K5 was (and still is) the best football game ever made. The NFL 2K series surpassed Madden (yes, fanboys, it's true), and rather than competing with the NFL 2K series, and working hard to try to give the public a better game, EA chose to buy the exclusive license so they didn't have to compete.

One of the best things about ESPN NFL 2K5 was it's online leagues. Madden STILL doesn't have anything that REMOTELY comes close! If you want to be in a league in Madden it is a HUGE chore.

I blame the NFL for not having the vision to see that by selling an exclusive license to EA, they are only hurting the fans.

I am sorry but a game where the computer only drafts 3 positions is not surpassing Madden. In some ways 2k series was better than Madden, however for the important part to me (franchise) it unfortunately wasn't even close. (example: 2k4, at least 4 teams did not have any kickers due to the fact there were only so many kickers in the game and for some reason teams had 2 to 4 kickers on their team. Ryan Leaf lost a lot of games kicking for the Seahawks. I also had one year where a punter was the first pick in the draft)

Dolfan984
12-11-2006, 04:21 PM

No it's not fanboy.

TrueDolFan
12-11-2006, 06:36 PM
I am sorry but a game where the computer only drafts 3 positions is not surpassing Madden. In some ways 2k series was better than Madden, however for the important part to me (franchise) it unfortunately wasn't even close. (example: 2k4, at least 4 teams did not have any kickers due to the fact there were only so many kickers in the game and for some reason teams had 2 to 4 kickers on their team. Ryan Leaf lost a lot of games kicking for the Seahawks. I also had one year where a punter was the first pick in the draft)

I've actually never played a franchise in any football game past the first season, so whatever franchise options NFL 2K or Madden have, I can't speak on.

What I can speak on is the gameplay. For me, the most important part of ANY game is gameplay (that's why we all play games to begin with), and 2K5 was FAR better than Madden.

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-11-2006, 07:14 PM
I've actually never played a franchise in any football game past the first season, so whatever franchise options NFL 2K or Madden have, I can't speak on.

What I can speak on is the gameplay. For me, the most important part of ANY game is gameplay (that's why we all play games to begin with), and 2K5 was FAR better than Madden.

Well how much worse the franchise mode in 2k did not even come close to make up how much better it was at gameplay. Which is in fact debatable. Some people like Madden and some people like 2k. It is not debatable during franchise mode.

Mike13
12-11-2006, 10:58 PM
I'll buy it, comeptotion will make Madden better and plus we can solve the debate Marino or Montana?

Slappy8800
12-11-2006, 11:54 PM
espn 2K5 is the best football game ive ever played