PDA

View Full Version : brady quinn the most over rated player in the land

shanem40
12-09-2006, 06:54 PM
brady has put up great numbers in his career except he hasnt beaten but one ranked oppenint his career and i dont think GT is ranked any more brady and the all great ND has been blown out by evry ranked oppent in the last four year sexcept when they played usc last year on the foot high grass if brady wins to tonight it would show that you dont need to win a big game to win the heisman....... o and ND needs to join a confrence and stop playing army, navy etc

DonShula84
12-09-2006, 08:20 PM
brady has put up great numbers in his career except he hasnt beaten but one ranked oppenint his career and i dont think GT is ranked any more brady and the all great ND has been blown out by evry ranked oppent in the last four year sexcept when they played usc last year on the foot high grass if brady wins to tonight it would show that you dont need to win a big game to win the heisman....... o and ND needs to join a confrence and stop playing army, navy etc

:sidelol: :sidelol:

You really dont know what you're talking about do you?

hasnt beaten but one ranked oppenint his career

2004 Quinn beat Michigan and Tennessee, both team ranked in the top 12 at the time

2005 Quinn beat Pitt, Michigan and Purdue, all ranked in the top 25 at the time

2006 - Quinn beat GT PSU, both ranked in the top 25

It was a nice effort on your part though.

The conference thing is also ridiculous. NDs strength of schedule was harder than a lot of teams who are in conferences. Maybe we should join the Big Ten so we play power houses like Illinois and Northwestern? Or the Big 12 so we can play Baylor and ISU, clearly a couple of powerhouses. Or maybe the Big East so we play Syracuse and Uconn every year. Every school, in every conference plays teams as bad as the ones ND played. Wake up, your ignorance is just painful.

And the long grass at ND excuse is the lamest thing I've heard. Only Pete Carroll and USC babies would think up crying about long grass.

Thanks for stopping by though

NJL52
12-09-2006, 08:31 PM

You listed incorrect reasons, but the topic title is correct.

NJFINSFAN1
12-09-2006, 08:37 PM
MAybe he is over hyped, but he will be better then what we have.

He will be a very good pro QB

shanem40
12-09-2006, 09:14 PM
:sidelol: :sidelol:

You really dont know what you're talking about do you?

2004 Quinn beat Michigan and Tennessee, both team ranked in the top 12 at the time

It was a nice effort on your part though.

The conference thing is also ridiculous. NDs strength of schedule was harder than a lot of teams who are in conferences. Maybe we should join the Big Ten so we play power houses like Illinois and Northwestern? Or the Big 12 so we can play Baylor and ISU, clearly a couple of powerhouses. Or maybe the Big East so we play Syracuse and Uconn every year. Every school, in every conference plays teams as bad as the ones ND played. Wake up, your ignorance is just painful.

And the long grass at ND excuse is the lamest thing I've heard. Only Pete Carroll and USC babies would think up crying about long grass.

Thanks for stopping by thoughok my bad but he still hasnt one the big game just face it ND is a thing of the past

Alex44
12-09-2006, 09:23 PM
ok my bad but he still hasnt one the big game just face it ND is a thing of the past

I dont think Quinn is as good as he is hyped to be, but did you see the game vs USC this year? It wasnt his fault at all, you can only hit a receiver in the hands so well, you cant make him catch it.

305TillIDie
12-09-2006, 09:32 PM
Brady isnt overrated, ND is

DonShula84
12-09-2006, 10:04 PM
ok my bad but he still hasnt one the big game just face it ND is a thing of the past

won...:sidelol: :sidelol:

And winning a championship is a TEAM effort. Let me know what QB has done it by himself :rolleyes2

Every way you can evaluate the relevance of a team says ND isnt a thing of the past also

DeathStar
12-09-2006, 10:13 PM
during WW2, ND was in financial trouble and the Dept of Navy helped them out by building facilities. in return ND gave Navy the opportunity to play the Irish at any time.

only way ND stops playing Navy is if Navy initiates it. so forget that part of your argument.

don already killed the won against ranked teams.

Amars
12-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Quinn is good but ND was overrated.

DeathStar
12-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Quinn is good but ND was overrated.

:yeahthat:

DeathStar
12-09-2006, 10:17 PM
2007 schedule:

Sept. 1Georgia Tech
Sept. 8@ Penn State
Sept. 15@ Michigan
Sept. 22Michigan State
Sept. 29@ Purdue
Oct. 6@ UCLA
Oct. 13Boston College
Oct. 20USC
Nov. 3Navy
Nov. 10Air Force
Nov. 17Duke
Nov. 24@ Stanford

Stitches
12-09-2006, 10:30 PM
won...:sidelol: :sidelol:

And winning a championship is a TEAM effort. Let me know what QB has done it by himself :rolleyes2

Some buckeye fans would lead you to believe Troy Smith has.

DonShula84
12-09-2006, 10:31 PM
2007 schedule:

Sept. 1Georgia Tech
Sept. 8@ Penn State
Sept. 15@ Michigan
Sept. 22Michigan State
Sept. 29@ Purdue
Oct. 6@ UCLA
Oct. 13Boston College
Oct. 20USC
Nov. 3Navy
Nov. 10Air Force
Nov. 17Duke
Nov. 24@ Stanford

good to see the "other" big catholic school on the schedule again

Stitches
12-09-2006, 10:31 PM

:confused:

ChambersWI
12-09-2006, 10:33 PM

not to disprove you mate, but aside from Michigan in 04, how many of those teams finished the season ranked?

DonShula84
12-09-2006, 10:39 PM
not to disprove you mate, but aside from Michigan in 04, how many of those teams finished the season ranked?

no idea. And how many teams who Quinn beat when they werent ranked cracked the top 25 by the end of the season? Not worth me checking, his point is wrong any way you look at it. And i'm pretty sure UT finished ranked in 04 also

Vertical Limit
12-09-2006, 10:52 PM
Just like said before, the Notre Dame team is overrated, but Brady Quinn is great. Unfortunately, he may fall to Oakland or the Detroit Lions. :shakeno:

Alex44
12-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Just like said before, the Notre Dame team is overrated, but Brady Quinn is great. Unfortunately, he may fall to Oakland or the Detroit Lions. :shakeno:

At least in Detroit he would have Roy Williams.

Moss and Porter BOTH want out of Oakland, who the hell would he have there :lol:

DeathStar
12-09-2006, 10:58 PM
i so pumped about that. the irish i believe are our biggest football rival. its only a one way thing though. apparanlty, i was one of the very few at BC that like the irish and rooted for them to win except when playing us. i got a lotta **** for that from alot of those stuck up ******* but whatever.

wonder why they removed it (probably cause we ruined a couple of your seasons :D:D:D:D:D). i guess now we can beat you again!!!

edit: i went to BC btw. just graduated from there. now the post makes sense.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-09-2006, 11:26 PM
i always thought BC was one of your rivals and you played them every year.

brandon27
12-09-2006, 11:29 PM
2007 schedule:

Sept. 1Georgia Tech
Sept. 8@ Penn State
Sept. 15@ Michigan
Sept. 22Michigan State
Sept. 29@ Purdue
Oct. 6@ UCLA
Oct. 13Boston College
Oct. 20USC
Nov. 3Navy
Nov. 10Air Force
Nov. 17Duke
Nov. 24@ Stanford

What a joke that schedule is.. same as this year. They really need to step up and joine a conference instead of playing a bunch of nobody's... 3 of those games should really be a challenge... michigan... USC... and maybe penn state... what a joke... its amazing how they managed to be ranked as high as they were all this year.

I agree that Quinn is overrated as well. Sure he had good numbers this year... but in the "big games" he blew it. he completely sucked against michigan. and if my memory serves me correctly wasnt too great in the USC loss either... and those were really their only two tough opponents this year. ND doesnt deserve ranking at all based on the joke schedules they play. OVER RATED is an understatement year after year.

Just my two cents...

DeathStar
12-09-2006, 11:49 PM
i always thought BC was one of your rivals and you played them every year.

the irish dont consider BC as a rival but BC considers the irish as a rival. its only a one way street.

BC and ND played from 1992-2004 and apparanlty took 3 years off.

my guess is that the irish were upset at us ruining two of their seasons. 1993 and 2002. :D

the holy war as its called resumes for 2007-2010 but who knows what happens after that. me thinks the irish will want to keep playing only if they beat us. they will definitely stop if we ruin another season.

Stitches
12-10-2006, 12:13 AM
What a joke that schedule is.. same as this year. They really need to step up and joine a conference instead of playing a bunch of nobody's... 3 of those games should really be a challenge... michigan... USC... and maybe penn state... what a joke... its amazing how they managed to be ranked as high as they were all this year.

I agree that Quinn is overrated as well. Sure he had good numbers this year... but in the "big games" he blew it. he completely sucked against michigan. and if my memory serves me correctly wasnt too great in the USC loss either... and those were really their only two tough opponents this year. ND doesnt deserve ranking at all based on the joke schedules they play. OVER RATED is an understatement year after year.

Just my two cents...

If that is a joke schedule, teams like Ohio State plays joke schedules too. I agree ND is overrated, but a bunch of teams play schedules easier than ND.

DeathStar
12-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Ohio State only played two good teams and the rest were ****.

Rafiki
12-10-2006, 12:43 AM

Just my two cents...

I honestly thought you were being sarcastic until I got about halfway through the first paragraph :lol:

USC, UCLA, Michigan, Georgia Tech, and Penn State are all good teams. I think their schedule next year is tough enough.

Majpain
12-10-2006, 01:22 AM
Some buckeye fans would lead you to believe Troy Smith has.

It certain situations, Smith has turned a broken play into 6.

HysterikiLL
12-10-2006, 01:25 AM
BC/ND should be a good game next year. O'Brien is gone, but that team is getting good. As for ND, well they lose a lot of talent so maybe they won't be as powerful as they were this year, but it should be a good game nonetheless.

DeathStar
12-10-2006, 01:33 AM
BC/ND should be a good game next year. O'Brien is gone, but that team is getting good. As for ND, well they lose a lot of talent so maybe they won't be as powerful as they were this year, but it should be a good game nonetheless.
:D

Ive been wanting this bum gone for over four and a half years. My first year at BC, my hate started because he never wore a headset in the second half of games. :fire: Then he started losing to teams that we should beat.:fire::fire:. Obviously my hatred went from :fire: (first game freshman year) to last game of this year :fire::fire::fire::fire:. We should have been undefeated this year. Stupid mistakes and stupid play killed us in the three losses. NCstate we shouldn't lost too. Damn hail mary lost us the game. Wake Forest, bah. No excuse for losing to a crappy Miami team.

And another thing, I also hated TOB for not forcing the AD to schedule real opponents. We have been playing cream puffs for our out of conference and I was sick of it. Damn AD needs to be fired as well. All he and TOB were concerned with was winning 6 games and getting to a ****TY BOWL GAME.

Thank God this sack of **** left BC. I hope the AD is next. But nooooo, our homophobic jackass of a president (thats another story) will never let him go cause he just likes the increased exposure BC gets by going to a ****ty bowl game. **** EM.

Because our president is a giant homophobe, i decided that i will never donate to BC ever in my lifetime due to their crappy stance on the huge fight with the sexual orientation issue in the discrimination clause of the school. dont get me started on that one. So this turned in a bashing of BC by me. haha.

I'll be fair. How about one very HUGE POSITIVE about BC? There were lots of good looking girls who became giant sluts once the weekends came :D(this started on Wednesday nights with Wet Wednesdays).

DonShula84
12-10-2006, 02:52 AM

Just my two cents...

You dont know much about college football do you? One, next years schedule isnt the same, we replaced Army with Boston College. Two, our schedule this year is on par with every other top 10 team in the nation minues SEC schools. Go look at other schedules, most only play a couple real challenges a year. Look at OSU's schedule next year, and tell me ND needs to join a conference to play a tougher schedule: OSU fans certainly cant dog an ND schedule EVER.

Youngstown State
Akron
Washington
Northwestern
Minnesota
Purdue
Kent State
Michigan State
Penn State
Wisconsin
Illinois
Michigan

Yeah, if only ND joined the Big Ten, then we could have a tough schedule like other schools :sidelol:

Alex44
12-10-2006, 02:54 AM
You dont know much about college football do you? One next years schedule isnt the same, we replaced Army with Boston College. Two, our schedule this year is on par with every other top 10 team in the nation minues SEC schools. Go look at other schedules, most only play a couple real challenges a year. Look at OSU's schedule next year, and tell me ND needs to join a conference to play a tougher schedule:

Youngstown State
Akron
Washington
Northwestern
Minnesota
Purdue
Kent State
Michigan State
Penn State
Wisconsin
Illinois
Michigan

Yeah, if only ND joined the Big Ten, then we could have a tough schedule like other schools :sidelol:

Hey man Youngstown state looked pretty good today :lol: and the QB that started that game is benched now :tongue:

Seriously though ND played as tough a schedule as most teams, and Quinn didnt lose to USC as much as his WR's lost a game for them that day.

EDIT: Oh thats next years :lol: well I hope Youngstown State destroys OSU, I love that kid they have at QB even if they arent a division 1A team

King Felix
12-10-2006, 03:09 AM
the hatred for brady quinn runs so deep

finswin56
12-10-2006, 08:30 AM

Just my two cents...:shakeno:
That's very likely a top 25 SoS next year. Joke?

shanem40
12-10-2006, 03:51 PM
no idea. And how many teams who Quinn beat when they werent ranked cracked the top 25 by the end of the season? Not worth me checking, his point is wrong any way you look at it. And i'm pretty sure UT finished ranked in 04 alsobut he hane beaten any of thoes teams

shanem40
12-10-2006, 03:53 PM
:shakeno:
That's very likely a top 25 SoS next year. Joke?wahtt!!!!!!!! navy duke army stanford:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

DonShula84
12-10-2006, 03:55 PM
wahtt!!!!!!!! navy duke army stanford:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

People really just have no idea what they're talking about. Look at the OSU schedule I posted for 07. They play horrible teams also. Every school, every year has plenty of cupcakes on their schedule. NDs schedule will be top 25 or 30 like it is every year. Just give it up and realize you are clueless here. ND has 8 pretty hard games next year, that is more than most teams will schedule.

DonShula84
12-10-2006, 03:56 PM
but he hane beaten any of thoes teams

What the hell are you talking about?

shanem40
12-10-2006, 04:02 PM
i would like to see ND paly miami and fsu everyonce in a while bring back thoes old rivelries.... ND needs to gorw some ****

DonShula84
12-10-2006, 04:07 PM
i would like to see ND paly miami and fsu everyonce in a while bring back thoes old rivelries.... ND needs to gorw some ****

Does us playing a tougher schedule than FSU and Miami mean anything here? Just give up, you started a dumb thread clearly knowing nothing about ND. you hate them but arent really sure why. Stop grasping at straws. This dumb thread should be moved to the depths, it is nothing more than smack talk from ignorant haters.

You laugh at Duke,Navy, Air Force being on NDs schedule - yet Miami plays Duke, FIU, Florida A&M etc. Way to be consistent :rolleyes2

And I fear for the public education system in whatever state you live in.

shanem40
12-10-2006, 04:09 PM
People really just have no idea what they're talking about. Look at the OSU schedule I posted for 07. They play horrible teams also. Every school, every year has plenty of cupcakes on their schedule. NDs schedule will be top 25 or 30 like it is every year. Just give it up and realize you are clueless here. ND has 8 pretty hard games next year, that is more than most teams will schedule.at least osu playe in a confrence but ND plays the same boring bad teams every year ND need to drop their traditon and some real teams

DonShula84
12-10-2006, 04:10 PM
at least osu playe in a confrence but ND plays the same boring bad teams every year ND need to drop their traditon and some real teams

Who cares that OSU plays a weaker schedule than ND next year, they are in a conference? That makes sense...

Yeah...real teams like Michigan and USC :sidelol: :sidelol: What Confrence should we join?

shanem40
12-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Who cares that OSU plays a weaker schedule than ND next year, they are in a conference? That makes sense...

Yeah...real teams like Michigan and USC :sidelol: :sidelol: What Confrence should we join?Michigan and usc is all you guys ever play when are you going to play a miami or florida state... or an sec team... lsu is going to beat you guys by 20

DonShula84
12-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Michigan and usc is all you guys ever play when are you going to play a miami or florida state... or an sec team... lsu ig going to beat you guys by 20

ig they? That's nice

Purdue
Michigan
MSU
USC
BC
GT
PSU
UCLA

Good ACC/Big Ten/Pac 10 teams on that schedule. Sorry, but we cant schedule 15 games because you'd like to see ND play Miami and FSU. :shakeno: Miami and FSU were barely bowl eligible, what would they have added to NDs Sos? Nothing? Exactly. You tell ND to ignore it's tradition and schedule different teams, but the only reason we'd ever schedule UM is because of tradition. You're a horrible troll lol

HysterikiLL
12-10-2006, 04:25 PM
And I fear for the public education system in whatever state you live in.

:lol:

shanem40
12-10-2006, 04:26 PM
ig they? That's nice

Purdue
Michigan
MSU
USC
BC
GT
PSU
UCLA

Good ACC/Big Ten/Pac 10 teams on that schedule. Sorry, but we cant schedule 15 games because you'd like to see ND play Miami and FSU. :shakeno: Miami and FSU were barely bowl eligible, what would they have added to NDs Sos? Nothing? Exactly. You tell ND to ignore it's tradition and schedule different teams, but the only reason we'd ever schedule UM is because of tradition. You're a horrible troll lolim talking about in general fsu and miami are usally in the top 15 every year but for the past couple of years the team you guys play havent been good and when you guys have played a good team you have been crushed...and im asking why havent you guys put that thoes teams on your schedule

DonShula84
12-10-2006, 04:29 PM
It's one thing for me to defend ND against knowledgeable fans. I'm done with you. Why should I waste my time arguing with someone who couldn't spell the if they were spotted the "t" and the "e"? You know nothing about SoS, or ND, watch a game instead of the Saturday morning cartoons and get back to me.

shanem40
12-10-2006, 04:45 PM
It's one thing for me to defend ND against knowledgeable fans. I'm done with you. Why should I waste my time arguing with someone who couldn't spell the if they were spotted the "t" and the "e"? You know nothing about SoS, or ND, watch a game instead of the Saturday morning cartoons and get back to me.ill sure be watching ND get killed by LSU ..... and you still wont answer why hasnt ND put Mami or fsu lately

DonShula84
12-10-2006, 04:51 PM
ill sure be watching ND get killed by LSU ..... and you still wont answer why hasnt ND put Mami or fsu lately

Because we have no reason to add UM and FSU to the schedule lol. We already play a schedule as tough as just about every other team, especially UM and FSU. I've shown you other teams schedule, that other teams play cupcakes also and you just ignore it lol. So what point are you trying to make. ND sucks because they dont play Miami? Since when did having Miami or FSU on a schedule matter so much? I mean we have two ACC teams on the schedule, both of which did a lot better than UM and FSU this year. Does OSU and USC need Miami on the schedule? ND's schedule next year is harder than OSU's go complain about that. But they're in a conference, so easy schedules are alright. :lol:

Also, news flash, adding a team to your schedule is a two way street. I havent heard UM and FSU wanting to add a game vs ND and us turning them down.

Just when I think I'm out they suck me back in!

DonShula84
12-10-2006, 04:56 PM
omg...you're an FSU fan :sidelol:

You talk trash about ND's schedule when your team plays Troy, Rice, Duke (who you laughed about ND playing - that's consistent), NCST and Western Michigan. :sidelol: :sidelol:

But hey, you play UM and that is clearly all that matters :sidelol:

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

shanem40
12-10-2006, 05:00 PM
omg...you're an FSU fan :sidelol:

You talk trash about ND's schedule when your team plays Troy, Rice, Duke (who you laughed about ND playing - that's consistent), NCST and Western Michigan. :sidelol: :sidelol:

But hey, you play UM and that is clearly all that matters :sidelol:

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!so clemson wake forest florida are all bad every college team has easy games but you guys have 7

DonShula84
12-10-2006, 05:03 PM
so clemson wake forest florida are all bad evry college team has easy games but you guys have 7

:sidelol: :sidelol: FSU

Look up SoS and get back to me.

shanem40
12-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Because we have no reason to add UM and FSU to the schedule lol. We already play a schedule as tough as just about every other team, especially UM and FSU. I've shown you other teams schedule, that other teams play cupcakes also and you just ignore it lol. So what point are you trying to make. ND sucks because they dont play Miami? Since when did having Miami or FSU on a schedule matter so much? I mean we have two ACC teams on the schedule, both of which did a lot better than UM and FSU this year. Does OSU and USC need Miami on the schedule? ND's schedule next year is harder than OSU's go complain about that. But they're in a conference, so easy schedules are alright. :lol:

Also, news flash, adding a team to your schedule is a two way street. I havent heard UM and FSU wanting to add a game vs ND and us turning them down.

Just when I think I'm out they suck me back in!but people dont talk about osu like they talk about ND and how they were so great the whole point of my thread was that ND and brady are over rated

DonShula84
12-10-2006, 05:25 PM
but people dont talk about osu like they talk about ND and how they were so great the whole point of my thread was that ND and brady are over rated

No one has said ND is great. To say people dont talk about OSU is a joke. And stop lieing to yourself, this thread has no point.

DeathStar
12-10-2006, 05:45 PM
LETS GO IRISH. (except when they play BC)

FLOUNDER
12-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Whoever started this topic, cannot spell worth a crap

AirFishOne
12-10-2006, 05:49 PM
:sidelol: at topic starter

Crowder52
12-10-2006, 05:50 PM
ill sure be watching ND get killed by LSU ..... and you still wont answer why hasnt ND put Mami or fsu lately

Your argument is a complete joke. Notre Dame has a respectable schedule. And you should be thankful that they didn't play FSU this year, they would have trounced them.

marino1348
12-10-2006, 07:23 PM
no idea. And how many teams who Quinn beat when they werent ranked cracked the top 25 by the end of the season? Not worth me checking, his point is wrong any way you look at it. And i'm pretty sure UT finished ranked in 04 also

They had to have been ranked. They were number 3 or 4 going into 05. The also destroyed texas A&M in the cotton bowl at the end of 04

As of right now, Notre Dame's talent doesn't even compare to other top programs. But that is quickly changing because of the progress on the recruiting front.

finswin56
12-10-2006, 09:20 PM
wahtt!!!!!!!! navy duke army stanford:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:I know, the should stop scheduling actual bowl teams like Navy.

Hey guys, here's the new rule.
If your schedule doesn't have 5 top 15 teams, and if every other team doesn't have a winning record and wasn't ranked at one time, your schedule sucks.

shanem, this thread is HORRIBLE. The worst part is you continuing your fight after having the obvious pointed out to you. Ignorance is not an excuse. You need to stop this pathetic thread.
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

shanem40
12-10-2006, 10:05 PM
I know, the should stop scheduling actual bowl teams like Navy.

Hey guys, here's the new rule.
If your schedule doesn't have 5 top 15 teams, and if every other team doesn't have a winning record and wasn't ranked at one time, your schedule sucks.

shanem, this thread is HORRIBLE. The worst part is you continuing your fight after having the obvious pointed out to you. Ignorance is not an excuse. You need to stop this pathetic thread.
</IMG></IMG></IMG>the whole point of my thread is the brady and ND are over rated just becuse of there lack of big wins or should i say none ... but peole still talkABOUT ND being so great and there not

finswin56
12-10-2006, 11:14 PM
the whole point of my thread is the brady and ND are over rated just becuse of there lack of big wins or should i say none ... but peole still talkABOUT ND being so great and there not
Because your title doesn't represent your "whole point"

brady quinn the most over rated player in the land

ND is overrated, although I don't think Quinn is.

Martel
12-11-2006, 03:30 AM
He may be a little bit over rated cause he plays at ND and in general they are over rated. But the dude can play. Definitely a top ten talent. We will see what he does in the NFL. I can't call it right now.

Coral Reefer
12-11-2006, 03:49 AM

That schedule is a much tougher schedule than anyone in the Big East played this year and they were all screaming for Natl. title recognition. I agree they should join a conference but the schedule they lined up is far from the weakest I've seen for ranked teams.

Coral Reefer
12-11-2006, 03:52 AM
You dont know much about college football do you? One, next years schedule isnt the same, we replaced Army with Boston College. Two, our schedule this year is on par with every other top 10 team in the nation minues SEC schools. Go look at other schedules, most only play a couple real challenges a year. Look at OSU's schedule next year, and tell me ND needs to join a conference to play a tougher schedule: OSU fans certainly cant dog an ND schedule EVER.

Youngstown State
Akron
Washington
Northwestern
Minnesota
Purdue
Kent State
Michigan State
Penn State
Wisconsin
Illinois
Michigan

Nice response and good point.

Vertical Limit
12-11-2006, 02:21 PM
At least in Detroit he would have Roy Williams.

Moss and Porter BOTH want out of Oakland, who the hell would he have there :lol:
True, but either way, which ever team he goes to I'm afraid that the poor coaching staffs by both organizations would not develop his talent.

Detroit has a history of not developing high prospect talent. [Charles Rodgers, Joey Harrington, Mike Williams, Kevin Jones (still average IMO)].

Ah well, atleast Brady Quinn has his double major to fall back on. :lol:

Martel
12-11-2006, 04:26 PM

Nice response and good point.

Wow the OOC schedule is really soft

shanem40
12-11-2006, 08:59 PM
That schedule is a much tougher schedule than anyone in the Big East played this year and they were all screaming for Natl. title recognition. I agree they should join a conference but the schedule they lined up is far from the weakest I've seen for ranked teams.but thoes big east teams arent talked up like ND if rutgers would have went undefeated and ND only had one loss ND would have gotten in by far and to me they both played about the same schedule. thats why nd needs to join a confrence and play a couple more tough games a year

AirFishOne
12-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Don your the champ calm down u got him you got him!!! :D

DonShula84
12-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Don your the champ calm down u got him you got him!!! :D

:lol: The guy just keeps digging deeper and deeper. Give up already

edit: you're right, I just deleted my post.

AirFishOne
12-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Irish hater

Shut the heck up!!!!!

shanem40
12-11-2006, 09:33 PM
you cant tell im worng about my last post

Martel
12-11-2006, 09:36 PM
but thoes big east teams arent talked up like ND if rutgers would have went undefeated and ND only had one loss ND would have gotten in by far and to me they both played about the same schedule. thats why nd needs to join a confrence and play a couple more tough games a year

Dude are you kidding?! Read what you just wrote!! Why would they join a conference...THEY HAVE IT MADE.

DonShula84
12-11-2006, 09:38 PM

:censored: :blowup:

AirFishOne
12-11-2006, 09:42 PM

you cant tell me what I cant tell you what you cant say :D

shanem40
12-11-2006, 10:03 PM
:censored: :blowup:thats going to be you when you play lsu.. and insted of being angry defend it

shanem40
12-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Dude are you kidding?! Read what you just wrote!! Why would they join a conference...THEY HAVE IT MADE.of coruse they have it made they get killed by the only two good teams they play all year and still make it into a bcs bowl game just becuse there ND

Martel
12-11-2006, 10:15 PM
of coruse they have it made they get killed by the only two good teams they play all year and still make it into a bcs bowl game just becuse there ND

So they should join a conference why then?

Stitches
12-11-2006, 10:55 PM
So they should join a conference why then?

To lose money?

:confused:

DonShula84
12-12-2006, 01:50 AM
thats going to be you when you play lsu.. and insted of being angry defend it

OSU plays in a conference, still has a weak schedule. Big EAst teams play in a conference and you say their schedules are equal to NDs. So why does conference = tougher schedule in your mind? You havent made a single legit point to refute so what exactly am I supposed to defend. Are you saying ND should join a conference to play a schedule as easy as OSUs and some Big East teams? If so alright, but I disagree.

primetime23
12-12-2006, 01:04 PM
:D

Ive been wanting this bum gone for over four and a half years. My first year at BC, my hate started because he never wore a headset in the second half of games. :fire: Then he started losing to teams that we should beat.:fire::fire:. Obviously my hatred went from :fire: (first game freshman year) to last game of this year :fire::fire::fire::fire:. We should have been undefeated this year. Stupid mistakes and stupid play killed us in the three losses. NCstate we shouldn't lost too. Damn hail mary lost us the game. Wake Forest, bah. No excuse for losing to a crappy Miami team.

And another thing, I also hated TOB for not forcing the AD to schedule real opponents. We have been playing cream puffs for our out of conference and I was sick of it. Damn AD needs to be fired as well. All he and TOB were concerned with was winning 6 games and getting to a ****TY BOWL GAME.

Thank God this sack of **** left BC. I hope the AD is next. But nooooo, our homophobic jackass of a president (thats another story) will never let him go cause he just likes the increased exposure BC gets by going to a ****ty bowl game. **** EM.

Because our president is a giant homophobe, i decided that i will never donate to BC ever in my lifetime due to their crappy stance on the huge fight with the sexual orientation issue in the discrimination clause of the school. dont get me started on that one. So this turned in a bashing of BC by me. haha.

I'll be fair. How about one very HUGE POSITIVE about BC? There were lots of good looking girls who became giant sluts once the weekends came :D(this started on Wednesday nights with Wet Wednesdays).

lol your message was jokes. Whats happened during wednesdays? and what was so good about bc girls I always thought they didnt have hot girls there

shanem40
12-12-2006, 04:05 PM
OSU plays in a conference, still has a weak schedule. Big EAst teams play in a conference and you say their schedules are equal to NDs. So why does conference = tougher schedule in your mind? You havent made a single legit point to refute so what exactly am I supposed to defend. Are you saying ND should join a conference to play a schedule as easy as OSUs and some Big East teams? If so alright, but I disagree.but thoes big east teams arent as hyped as ND if rutgers would have gone undeafeatd and nd would have only one loss ND would have gotten even thopugh they playe the same schedule its unfair that ND gets so much respect when they played such a weak schedule

Motion
12-12-2006, 04:06 PM
but thoes big east teams arent as hyped as ND if rutgers would have gone undeafeatd and nd would have only one loss ND would have gotten even thopugh they playe the same schedule its unfair that ND gets so much respect when they played such a weak schedule

No they wouldn't, if Rutgers would have only had 1 loss they would have won the Big East and gotten an automatic bid.

DonShula84
12-12-2006, 06:37 PM
but thoes big east teams arent as hyped as ND if rutgers would have gone undeafeatd and nd would have only one loss ND would have gotten even thopugh they playe the same schedule its unfair that ND gets so much respect when they played such a weak schedule

ND isnt the only school who can lose a game and will get a BCS bowl. OSU/UF/UM/USC etc etc. Sorry that ND has a ton of history in college football and Rutgers doesnt. GET OVER IT. NDs schedule is fine, and it's harder next year. They cant know ahead of time that PSU/UCLA/MSU/Purdue will be having down years when they schedule them. But those teams could just as easily be in the top 25 next year. Your trolling is horrible because you dont even know what you're talking about. Rutgers would have gotten in with 1 loss by winning its conference. .

And you keep saying ND gets all this hype of people saying they are great which is BS. No one says ND is great.

Martel
12-12-2006, 07:30 PM
And you keep saying ND gets all this hype of people saying they are great which is BS. No one says ND is great.

Yeah pretty much everyone knows they suck now. They are a fun team to watch at least. I think college football is better when Notre Dame is up. JMO

HysterikiLL
12-12-2006, 07:31 PM

Could you at least use some periods?

DonShula84
12-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah pretty much everyone knows they suck now. They are a fun team to watch at least. I think college football is better when Notre Dame is up. JMO

Atleast we can beat UCLA :wink:

I think most people would agree with the bold part though.

Martel
12-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Atleast we can beat UCLA :wink:

I think most people would agree with the bold part though.

:boohoo:

FLOUNDER
12-12-2006, 09:36 PM
wow...

djfresh47
12-13-2006, 06:42 PM
A couple years ago wasn't the talk that "No coach could win a championship with Notre Dame's schedule?" Notre Dame has a bullseye on its' chest because they're Notre Dame. They're going to get everybodies best shot even if they're in a down year. I don't think they're better than some teams that were left out of the BCS but those teams would be the 3rd team in from a conference so it doesn't matter. Why would Notre Dame schedule FSU/ or Miami? Who knows if those teams even want to play Notre Dame? Notre Dame brings in a ton of money with its' tv contract so I don't think it'd be in their best interest to join a conference. I think the same thing that happened with People in terms of Leinart is happening with Quinn. We have seen him play soo much over the last few years that we're looking for any flaw and than exaggerating it as if he's not a good Qb.

shanem40
01-04-2007, 02:14 AM
i thought i would just come back to this thread just to say:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: 41- 14 brady quinn=0 big wins = notre dame is over rated

Majpain
01-04-2007, 02:40 AM
Quinn proves my point.

DolphinDevil28
01-04-2007, 02:59 AM
This just in.....

LSU is really, really good.

Majpain
01-04-2007, 03:01 AM
This is why they need to form a playoff system. LSU vs Ohio St would be a great game!

DolphinDevil28
01-04-2007, 03:02 AM
This is why they need to form a playoff system. LSU vs Ohio St would be a great game!

:yes:

305TillIDie
01-04-2007, 03:06 AM
Quinn is overrated

and

ND

its official

Vertical Limit
01-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Brady Quinn is not overrated, his team is. Everyone knows that, and should of known that since the season began.

Skeet84
01-04-2007, 01:35 PM

So would Ohio State v.s Florida! :D

Majpain
01-04-2007, 02:08 PM
So would Ohio State v.s Florida! :D

soon.... Very soon!!!! GOD IM SO EFFING EXCITED!!!

Majpain
01-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Brady Quinn is not overrated, his team is. Everyone knows that, and should of known that since the season began.

Well I hope he likes Silver and black.

Vertical Limit
01-04-2007, 02:30 PM
IMO, JaMarcus Russell will declare and he will be selected by Oakland.

Detroit will pass on Brady and go for Calvin Johnson. :rolleyes2: This franchise can never do anything right [just lose and get the 1st pick overall..], so there's no reason to beleive that they will draft Brady Quinn.

I think Brady falls to Cleveland, Crennell will thank his buddy Charlie Weis for giving him a franchise QB.

Stitches
01-04-2007, 03:03 PM
IMO, JaMarcus Russell will declare and he will be selected by Oakland.

Detroit will pass on Brady and go for Calvin Johnson. :rolleyes2: This franchise can never do anything right [just lose and get the 1st pick overall..], so there's no reason to beleive that they will draft Brady Quinn.

I think Brady falls to Cleveland, Crennell will thank his buddy Charlie Weis for giving him a franchise QB.

I think Millen knows he can't take a WR, even one who might be better than Roy Williams(and he's pretty damn good for them, and Williams could help Johnson's transition). I really don't think Millen could go wrong with Thomas, Quinn, or Johnson though. I can't imagine how Millen would feel if Russell was available at the Lions pick. That'd be an amazing situation for Russell, because he could sit behind Kitna.

tucker
01-04-2007, 04:21 PM
quinn isnt as good as advertised..but will still end up in D town

Pennington's Rocket Arm
01-04-2007, 04:25 PM
i hope quinn goes to a team with good receivers. it'd be a nice change of pace for him.

PrepDogg
01-04-2007, 05:00 PM
i hope quinn goes to a team with good receivers. it'd be a nice change of pace for him.

He had pretty good recievers at ND IMO.

FLOUNDER
01-04-2007, 11:14 PM
I hope jemarcus russle stays around in the draft until our pick. He's a great QB. I'd like to have Bryan Brohm of louisville also

ChambersWI
01-04-2007, 11:31 PM
He had pretty good recievers at ND IMO.

good not great. They looked awesome against shoddy compitition, but only Shark made plays afterwards.

I think Weis' playcalling this year has sucked for the most part. Every time I see them play, they do a quick WR lateral to Shark atleast once a series.

Roman529
01-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Just because LSU killed them doesn't mean Quinn is average. I would not say he is the best college QB, but he is in the top 5.

Martel
01-05-2007, 12:43 AM

Or SC/Florida or any combination of those games. WHY OH WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A PLAYOFF???

hestar
01-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Quinn will be a bust,He can't win the big games.choker all the way...

Cuban Dave 9
01-05-2007, 09:47 AM
He may be another Payton Manning. That doesn't sound too bad

DonShula84
01-05-2007, 04:57 PM

There is a difference between choking in a big game and just not having a team that is as good as the top 5 or so programs. I guess Marino choked since he never won a Super Bowl then. I mean all those years and he only wins 1 AFC Championship, what a joke.

hestar
01-05-2007, 07:44 PM
There is a difference between choking in a big game and just not having a team that is as good as the top 5 or so programs. I guess Marino choked since he never won a Super Bowl then. I mean all those years and he only wins 1 AFC Championship, what a joke.

At least Marino has gone to "the big game" and had a chance.But Quinn?..Excuses,excuses..What about Vince Young?.He Put his team on his back and took them all they way.What has Quinn done besides play for an over rated school..But good job on (I think) him loosing his 4th bowl game.

P.S.If they can't compete with top 5 teams WHY ARE THEY PLAYING THEM THEN!!..Just to sell tickets,that's about it..Tell me a big game Quinn has had that makes you think..Wow he did that against that D?.don't think you can.what a joke!.

Russel > Quinn.

DonShula84
01-05-2007, 07:57 PM
At least Marino has gone to "the big game" and had a chance.But Quinn?..Excuses,excuses..What about Vince Young?.He Put his team on his back and took them all they way.What has Quinn done besides play for an over rated school..But good job on (I think) him loosing his 4th bowl game.

P.S.If they can't compete with top 5 teams WHY ARE THEY PLAYING THEM THEN!!..Just to sell tickets,that's about it..Tell me a big game Quinn has had that makes you think..Wow he did that against that D?.don't think you can.what a joke!.

Russel > Quinn.

So Marino gets a pass for losing big games, but atleast he got his team their? How does that make sense at all? Just admit you have a double standard for Marino because you like the Dolphins and hate ND. It's the only way you can say Marino never had the team around him to help him out but say Quinn sucks. Atleast I'm consistent in arguing that it takes more than one QB to beat really good teams. It's why Marino never did it and it's why Quinn never did it. But both players made their teams much better and put them in better position to win. And no I am in no way saying that Quinn is as good as Marino.

:lol: Vince Youngs team was stacked on both sides of the ball. He was a huge part of that team but lets not pretend that they were bad and he made them great. Vince Young was a great player, who has said any differently in this thread? Also Young put his team on his back and led Texas to a win vs USC. Quinn in that same year put his team on his back led the Irish down the field and gave them the lead with 2 min left with 5 yard TD run. The defense cant hold a lead, that isnt his fault. He didnt cover Jarrett on 4th down.

Them playing top 5 teams during the regular season is expected, they should play good teams. All teams should so not sure what dumb point you're trying to make with that. As for the bowl games, they dont pick their opponent! Believe me if they could they wouldnt have been playing LSU that's for sure. Watch ND games and then comment because ignorance and talking out of your *** is no excuse.

AirFishOne
01-05-2007, 08:04 PM
So Marino gets a pass for losing big games, but atleast he got his team their? How does that make sense at all? Just admit you have a double standard for Marino because you like the Dolphins and hate ND. It's the only way you can say Marino never had the team around him to help him out but say Quinn sucks. Atleast I'm consistent in arguing that it takes more than one QB to beat really good teams. It's why Marino never did it and it's why Quinn never did it. But both players made their teams much better and put them in better position to win. And no I am in no way saying that Quinn is as good as Marino.

:lol: Vince Youngs team was stacked on both sides of the ball. He was a huge part of that team but lets not pretend that they were bad and he made them great. Vince Young was a great player, who has said any differently in this thread? Also Young put his team on his back and led Texas to a win vs USC. Quinn in that same year put his team on his back led the Irish down the field and gave them the lead with 2 min left with 5 yard TD run. The defense cant hold a lead, that isnt his fault. He didnt cover Jarrett on 4th down.

Them playing top 5 teams during the regular season is expected, they should play good teams. All teams should so not sure what dumb point you're trying to make with that. As for the bowl games, they dont pick their opponent! Believe me if they could they wouldnt have been playing LSU that's for sure. Watch ND games and then comment because ignorance and talking out of your *** is no excuse.

Your paragraph about Texas brought a tear to my eye, never has such truth/poetry ever been typed on this board :D

hestar
01-05-2007, 08:20 PM

I never said Marino got a pass or has,it's one of his KNOCKS of his career.I said ATLEAST he got them to the big game Unlike Quinn has done in the college ranks.Quinn has done jack SH** to impress me.So what,He almost led his team to ONE big win?..What about the other big games he's played in.What about going 0-4 in bowl games?.He's shown me nothing to make me thing he's a Number 1 QB in the draft.Just an over hyped ND QB.

Don't act like USC didn't have any talent.Lienhart,Bush,White,Jarrett,Steve Smith and that Offensive line and a Pretty decent,if not good D.Young put his team on his back and led them to the game winning TD.Didn't Crumble under pressure and kept his cool.Quinn Just crumbles when the games on the line.ND ALSO almost/should of lost to michigan state this year(or last not sure),but they blew it badddddd.

The only reason they played LSU was to sell tickets and tv raitings (since so many people all over love ND).
My point i'm trying to make is ND is an OVER HYPED school and I do not see the Hype in Quinn..You tell me a meaningful game Quinn has one and i'll shut up.

aquaman54
01-05-2007, 08:22 PM
2nd....YOU FORGOT ABOUT THAT QUARTERBACK IN ATLANTA!!!

DonShula84
01-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Don't act like USC didn't have any talent.Lienhart,Bush,White,Jarrett,Steve Smith and that Offensive line and a Pretty decent,if not good D.Young put his team on his back and led them to the game winning TD.Didn't Crumble under pressure and kept his cool.Quinn Just crumbles when the games on the line.ND ALSO almost/should of lost to michigan state this year(or last not sure),but they blew it badddddd.

lol, you mean like he did in that USC game? And when did I ever pretend anything about the USC team? Or like he did against UCLA, or Michigan St? He's played really badly in 1 big game, Michigan. The problem is people who dont follow college football see that one game, and see that ND loses to teams that are far better than them (Games they should lose) and think it's somehow Quinns fault.

As for Quinn not getting his team to the big game, he took them to 2 BCS games. Not a championship game and they got blown out by a very good LSU team but he still helped his team win enough games to get them to the BCS.

As for winning important games. I thought beating Michigan twice was pretty important, beating Tennessee was pretty important and winning almost 30 games overall has helped ND out quite a bit. You can place all the blame on Quinn for ND losing bowl games all you'd like but it's simply untrue. You know the last time Nd won a bowl game was when we were favored to win one! It isnt like we're going to bowl games losing to teams people expect us to beat. We're losing to teams that are simply better than us.

I've also said that ND was overhyped, from the preseason in fact when I didnt think we deserved to be ranked 2nd. BUT THAT ISNT ND's fault. Blame all the coaches who vote ND that high and all the sportswriters who do the same. ND doesnt get to decide the rankings. But ND being overrated doesnt mean Quinn sucks. Why this same argument always goes from Quinn is horrible blah blah blah to ND is overrated makes me laugh. It's like all you have talking points that you just copy and paste

hestar
01-05-2007, 09:00 PM
lol, you mean like he did in that USC game? And when did I ever pretend anything about the USC team? Or like he did against UCLA, or Michigan St? He's played really badly in 1 big game, Michigan. The problem is people who dont follow college football see that one game, and see that ND loses to teams that are far better than them (Games they should lose) and think it's somehow Quinns fault.

As for Quinn not getting his team to the big game, he took them to 2 BCS games. Not a championship game and they got blown out by a very good LSU team but he still helped his team win enough games to get them to the BCS.

As for winning important games. I thought beating Michigan twice was pretty important, beating Tennessee was pretty important and winning almost 30 games overall has helped ND out quite a bit. You can place all the blame on Quinn for ND losing bowl games all you'd like but it'll just prove how little you know.

I've also said that ND was overhyped, from the preseason in fact when I didnt think we deserved to be ranked 2nd. BUT THAT ISNT ND's fault. Blame all the coaches who vote ND that high and all the sportswriters who do the same. ND doesnt get to decide the rankings. But ND being overrated doesnt mean Quinn sucks. Why this same argument always goes from Quinn is horrible blah blah blah to ND is overrated makes me laugh. It's like all you have talking points that you just copy and paste

I follow college football.Not as much as I do the NFL,But usually on saturday if i'm home i'll put games on.But,you got me on the ND games.I've only seen a couple this year(#11Michigan,Michigan State,#3USC,#4LSU).In those games I saw I wasn't impressed.Maybe in the other 9 games he was good?,I dunno.But loosing to 3 top teams and not winning one looks bad.You can't use that hes almost won 30 games,Cause I can say the same about Ken Dorsey (I know he wasnt even considered a 1st rounder just using as an example).Quinn had a almost 1,000 yard rusher and two 700 yard WR's.Not saying there good WR's but I think/like Samardzija and wonder why they didn't have more yards.
I could be wrong about Quinn,But will never know.He's either gonna be drafted by Oakland or Detroit.

1.Oakland is and will continue to suck as long as Al Davis is still there.Who's he gonna hire this time as HC?.A guy from 7-11?.

2.Detroit.Matt Millen,Need I say more?.He'll Become Joey II.

P.S. I never said Quinn Sucks cause ND is over hyped.I said he sucks for Not winning a big game against a top 5 team :cooldude:.

DonShula84
01-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Fair enough. I'm not really arguing here that Quinn will end up being the next Montana in the NFL though. Just that he was good at ND and good for the team. I think he has the potential to be a fine NFL QB but I'm not a scout and no one really knows how things will turn out.

Stitches
01-05-2007, 09:11 PM
I follow college football.Not as much as I do the NFL,But usually on saturday if i'm home i'll put games on.But,you got me on the ND games.I've only seen a couple this year(#11Michigan,Michigan State,#3USC,#4LSU).In those games I saw I wasn't impressed.Maybe in the other 9 games he was good?,I dunno.But loosing to 3 top teams and not winning one looks bad.You can't use that hes almost won 30 games,Cause I can say the same about Ken Dorsey (I know he wasnt even considered a 1st rounder just using as an example).Quinn had a almost 1,000 yard rusher and two 700 yard WR's.Not saying there good WR's but I think/like Samardzija and wonder why they didn't have more yards.
I could be wrong about Quinn,But will never know.He's either gonna be drafted by Oakland or Detroit.

1.Oakland is and will continue to suck as long as Al Davis is still there.Who's he gonna hire this time as HC?.A guy from 7-11?.

2.Detroit.Matt Millen,Need I say more?.He'll Become Joey II.

P.S. I never said Quinn Sucks cause ND is over hyped.I said he sucks for Not winning a big game against a top 5 team :cooldude:.

Yea, because the QB is the only determining factor when it comes to beating a top 5 team. It has nothing to do with defense. None of NDs losses were Quinn's fault. But if you look at LSU vs Florida this year, LSU lost because of Russell's performance. Let's look at ND's last 9 bowl games: 9 losses. Quinn led his team to 4. 2 of which were BCS games. Without Quinn, they never would have had a chance to even be considered for BCS games. There are tons and tons of players who are never part of teams that beat top 5 teams. Using that as a reason a player sucks is a very weak argument. I mean what about Jay Cutler? Ben Roethlisberger? Byron leftwhich? Losman? Pennington? Steve Mcnair? McNabb?

How many top 5 teams did Drew Brees lead his team past? Peyton Manning?

spydertl79
01-05-2007, 10:08 PM
He's too streaky IMO, his accuracy comes and goes.

marino1348
01-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Part of the reason quinn looks bad is because his passes always find ways to bounce of his the receivers hands. Ive been saying it since the fouth game, but david grimes was by far the best receiver. he had a fumble and a dropped pass against Michigan, but i don't think any since. Rhema McDropsalot and Jeff " Sharks dont have hands" each probably had a drop each game. Add to that a decent at best o-line and few running plays, no wonder the offense struggles. the only thing the denense is good at is pretending to be good for a couple series everygame.

nolefin
01-09-2007, 01:00 AM
troy smith

DeathStar
01-09-2007, 01:12 AM
troy smith

:yeahthat:

he put up his numbers against crappy opponents...he plays a good defense and he looks terrible.