PDA

View Full Version : J. Russell

SR 7
12-10-2006, 08:31 AM
ima be honest, i really like this J. Russel kid, QB LSU. I woudl not mind him at all at any round. I dont care. he looks great.

Alex44
12-10-2006, 08:33 AM
From what Ive heard he has a knack for making the wrong play at the wrong time.

PhinfanUK
12-10-2006, 08:47 AM
From what Ive heard he has a knack for making the wrong play at the wrong time.

He's improved a lot in that area this season but a lot of scouts believe he'll be the second QB taken, just behind Brady Quinn. His physical tools are immense, he is almost a carbon copy (physically) of Daunte.

SoDakDolfan
12-10-2006, 10:00 AM
He's improved a lot in that area this season but a lot of scouts believe he'll be the second QB taken, just behind Brady Quinn. His physical tools are immense, he is almost a carbon copy (physically) of Daunte.

I hope he can think and read defenses better than Daunta.

RoninFin4
12-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Has he declared yet? He's only a junior.

Brown42000
12-10-2006, 12:39 PM
If he declares then I can see Saban trying to draft him, he reminds me of Daunte but he is smarter just because of the colleges the two went to. Daunte went to UCF not one of the best colleges and Russell goes to LSU which is a better school where you need smarts and talent to go there.

Jahlove
12-10-2006, 12:50 PM
If he declares then I can see Saban trying to draft him, he reminds me of Daunte but he is smarter just because of the colleges the two went to. Daunte went to UCF not one of the best colleges and Russell goes to LSU which is a better school where you need smarts and talent to go there.

I'm not going to defend UCF just because I went there, but that statement is very misinformed and ridiculous.

As long as you graduate high school and have the minimum required SAT score, a college can care less on how smart you are. They care about how talented you are. Period. Besides, Daunte was recruited by EVERY school in Florida and many others in the country, he chose UCF, not just the other way around.

dolfan2909
12-10-2006, 12:57 PM
we'd have to spend a 1st rd pick on him so no...draft stanton in rd 3 or 4

CitizenSnips
12-10-2006, 01:47 PM
ima be honest, i really like this J. Russel kid, QB LSU. I woudl not mind him at all at any round. I dont care. he looks great.

Im all about taking Russell in the first round. By the time our offense is gonna be high flying, culpepper will be retiring. Who better to replace him then The guy we drafted in the first round who most compares to culpepper?

Bruzer
12-10-2006, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't mind qb first round provided it is not a need. Although if culpepper doesn't bounce back and I don't see Joey H being our future I would like a qb being groomed to start.

Miamifin23
12-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Give me Troy Smith over Russell, and please don't give me the height argument because it doesnt make sense. Drew Brees seems to do pretty well at how tall he is. Smith is very accurate and very smart. He has developed so much in the past 2 seasons and can still get much better. If we're picking in the middle of the 1st, I wouldnt mind seeing us draft Smith. 002

TotoreMexico
12-10-2006, 04:15 PM
I would rather have Brohm, but that's just me

Dol_Fan_4_Ever
12-10-2006, 04:17 PM
we'd have to spend a 1st rd pick on him so no...draft stanton in rd 3 or 4

I have one word...NO! Drew Stanton is very streaky and only plays when he feels like it. Sure he had a 35 point comeback win against Northwestern but it was Northwestern. He also had a 24 point collapse against Notre Dame throwing 2 or 3 INTs when it was crucial not to throw them. Ugh, I'd rather take Tyler Palko from Pitt over Stanton and that's sad.

phins3454
12-10-2006, 08:44 PM
I would rather take Brian Brohm

SR 7
12-11-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm not going to defend UCF just because I went there, but that statement is very misinformed and ridiculous.

As long as you graduate high school and have the minimum required SAT score, a college can care less on how smart you are. They care about how talented you are. Period. Besides, Daunte was recruited by EVERY school in Florida and many others in the country, he chose UCF, not just the other way around.

yea b/c his grades SUCKED so he had to go to UCF. evreyone turned him dodwn once they saw his scores. so you are wrong on that .

SR 7
12-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Give me Troy Smith over Russell, and please don't give me the height argument because it doesnt make sense. Drew Brees seems to do pretty well at how tall he is. Smith is very accurate and very smart. He has developed so much in the past 2 seasons and can still get much better. If we're picking in the middle of the 1st, I wouldnt mind seeing us draft Smith. 002

same here. i want troy smith.

Vertical Limit
12-12-2006, 12:06 AM

Wrong, Florida wanted to recruit Daunte Culpepper but his grades were waaay below average. He then entered UCF but before he can play, UCF made him enter a tutoring program to raise his grades up. Florida wanted to get him again, but Daunte stayed loyal to UCF.

Vertical Limit
12-12-2006, 12:09 AM
yea b/c his grades SUCKED so he had to go to UCF. evreyone turned him dodwn once they saw his scores. so you are wrong on that .
Ahhh, didn't read this post. Good job! :)

adamprez2003
12-12-2006, 12:19 AM
He would be best served spending one more year in college but if he comes out his physical tools are great. I just think he'll be a three year developmental project. This site would never have the patience for that long a time frame

SR 7
12-12-2006, 01:49 AM
He would be best served spending one more year in college but if he comes out his physical tools are great. I just think he'll be a three year developmental project. This site would never have the patience for that long a time frame

why 3 year? look at young "THE MAN THAT WILL SUCK IN THE NFL" accoridng to ALL YOU HATERS ON THIS BOARD. or the LEINART HAS NO ARM AND WILL SUCK IN THE NFL as well. damn, they are pretty damn good so far.

Martel
12-12-2006, 02:30 AM
This guy looks like a great athlete. I don't know about quarterback though. I know this is played out to say but I think he could be a receiver in the NFL

adamprez2003
12-12-2006, 02:53 AM
why 3 year? look at young "THE MAN THAT WILL SUCK IN THE NFL" accoridng to ALL YOU HATERS ON THIS BOARD. or the LEINART HAS NO ARM AND WILL SUCK IN THE NFL as well. damn, they are pretty damn good so far.

Neither Young or Leinart is a "good" QB yet. They have shown flashes but they have a ways to go before you can consider them good. Leinart will be limited by his arm strength whereas the upside for Young is through the roof. Next year we'll see if either moves up to the "good" QB stage.

Joey 22
12-12-2006, 02:57 AM
This guy looks like a great athlete. I don't know about quarterback though. I know this is played out to say but I think he could be a receiver in the NFL

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Man you are silly...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Martel
12-12-2006, 03:18 AM
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Man you are silly...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

:sidelol:

:boohoo:

SR 7
12-12-2006, 03:27 AM
Neither Young or Leinart is a "good" QB yet. They have shown flashes but they have a ways to go before you can consider them good. Leinart will be limited by his arm strength whereas the upside for Young is through the roof. Next year we'll see if either moves up to the "good" QB stage.

i would sya they are palying rather well (good) for rookies on SUB PAR BS teams woulndt u say? hey, look at there talent level adn ours, and the ROOKIE QB behind the CENTER adn there record is almost close to ours.

Martel
12-12-2006, 03:30 AM
Who ever said Leinart and Young wouldn't be good?!?!??!

SR 7
12-12-2006, 03:31 AM
Who ever said Leinart and Young wouldn't be good?!?!??!

about 85% of the ppl on this board come last year.

Martel
12-12-2006, 03:43 AM

I guess I missed that :confused:

adamprez2003
12-12-2006, 03:52 AM
i would sya they are palying rather well (good) for rookies on SUB PAR BS teams woulndt u say? hey, look at there talent level adn ours, and the ROOKIE QB behind the CENTER adn there record is almost close to ours.

I agree. I'm just saying they arent good yet. They are too inconsistent which is what you expect from rookie QBs. Young looks like a younger quicker bigger version of McNair in his youth which is phenomenal since I think Mcnair was one of the best QBs for a couple of years before injuries derailed his career. Leinart hopefully develops into a Drew Brees type. He has an amzing choice of weapons on that team. Out of the two I would say Young has the greater upside and if they ever get him the weapons he could be phenomenal. I actually think the best QB will end up being Cutler but he's looked the worst out of those three so far

COMEBACKRICKY
12-12-2006, 03:58 AM

yeah and about 98% said they woulndt take young had he fallen to the 16th spot. i know talent when i see it :cooldude:

SR 7
12-12-2006, 04:26 AM
yeah and about 98% said they woulndt take young had he fallen to the 16th spot. i know talent when i see it :cooldude:

definitely remember that.

SR 7
12-12-2006, 04:27 AM
I agree. I'm just saying they arent good yet. They are too inconsistent which is what you expect from rookie QBs. Young looks like a younger quicker bigger version of McNair in his youth which is phenomenal since I think Mcnair was one of the best QBs for a couple of years before injuries derailed his career. Leinart hopefully develops into a Drew Brees type. He has an amzing choice of weapons on that team. Out of the two I would say Young has the greater upside and if they ever get him the weapons he could be phenomenal. I actually think the best QB will end up being Cutler but he's looked the worst out of those three so far

oh yea same here. Cutler i think will be the best. I really liked that kid adn got sad he was drafted by a very SMART DENVER gROUP. miami ebtter trade up ala denver for a QB.

Motion
12-12-2006, 10:17 AM

I think your just a tad off with your numbers. :lol:

Russell has great measurables but his game is still pretty raw, I can definitely see him going 1st round though. GBN has him going 2nd overall.

tmny99
12-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Saban recruited the guy to play at LSU, and Saban would be all over him if he declared. He's a Culpepper clone. Saban likes QBs with big arms that can stretch the field. Russell might have the strongest arm in the nation.

Motion
12-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Saban recruited the guy to play at LSU, and Saban would be all over him if he declared. He's a Culpepper clone. Saban likes QBs with big arms that can stretch the field. Russell might have the strongest arm in the nation.
Yeah, his decision making is questionable at times though, thats his biggest knock.

Skeet84
12-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Yeah, his decision making is questionable at times though, thats his biggest knock.

Yeah I would totally agree and he really could do for another year in College. I think he is a two years away from being NFL ready. He does have all the tools that you need in a QB physically tho.

Martel
12-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Russell is gonna make a great wideout one day

Vertical Limit
12-13-2006, 10:52 PM
:lol:

Have you seen how big this guy is?

Joey 22
12-14-2006, 12:00 AM

:rolleyes:

Its not that funny the second time, there is no way in hell anyone wastes him playing him at WR EVER, he isnt even fast enough to be one anyways...

Martel
12-14-2006, 01:48 AM

Its not that funny the second time, there is no way in hell anyone wastes him playing him at WR EVER, he isnt even fast enough to be one anyways...

Maybe a tight end then

TexanPhinatic
12-14-2006, 01:56 AM
Yeah I would totally agree and he really could do for another year in College. I think he is a two years away from being NFL ready. He does have all the tools that you need in a QB physically tho.

Kinda like Troy Smith, who also is also MUCH more polished and a better passer. A strong arm and big body do not a QB make.

Smith is a much better prospect imo-a guy who can make all the plays. Im kinda surprised Russell is considered a first rounder, he will likely be a project.

Although I am adamant about taking a QB in the first, Russell is one I think I would take a pass on. MAYBE if hes there in the second we could pull the trigger then, but Id almost rather take Kolb in the third if it comes to that.

Quinn, Brohm and Smith are the big three (assuming Brohm comes out-questionable atm).

Martel
12-14-2006, 02:01 AM
Kinda like Troy Smith, who also is also MUCH more polished and a better passer. A strong arm and big body do not a QB make.

Smith is a much better prospect imo-a guy who can make all the plays. Im kinda surprised Russell is considered a first rounder, he will likely be a project.

Although I am adamant about taking a QB in the first, Russell is one I think I would take a pass on. MAYBE if hes there in the second we could pull the trigger then, but Id almost rather take Kolb in the third if it comes to that.

Quinn, Brohm and Smith are the big three (assuming Brohm comes out-questionable atm).

Could you see him at tight end?

TexanPhinatic
12-14-2006, 02:12 AM
No, why would we? Id rather draft a real TE. Not that we need to be drafting a TE round 1-2.

Russell WILL be drafted as a QB, but Im just leery of his NFL future-QBs with questionable decision making are a turn off after Feeley/DC/Joey.

Martel
12-14-2006, 02:14 AM
No, why would we? Id rather draft a real TE. Not that we need to be drafting a TE round 1-2.

Russell WILL be drafted as a QB, but Im just leery of his NFL future-QBs with questionable decision making are a turn off after Feeley/DC/Joey.

Interesting. I'd like to see him lineup opposite Randy for years to come.

Joey 22
12-14-2006, 02:54 AM
Ill just trust Saban, who recruited, signed and played this guy at QB as his coach in college over you guys...

Kolb...

:sidelol:

I really do hope Russell makes it to the second round though, so we can snatch him up and laugh all the way home...

Skeet84
12-14-2006, 03:13 AM

Jamarcus Russell has more tools than Troy Smith. I think Troy Smith will only be a back-up in the NFL.

TexanPhinatic
12-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Jamarcus Russell has more tools than Troy Smith. I think Troy Smith will only be a back-up in the NFL.

Aside from being bigger, what?

Both can scramble well, both have cannons for arms. The difference is that Smith is a better passer. Russell is an athlete playing QB, whereas Smith is an athletic QB-yes there is a BIG difference.

Hard to teach what Smith already does-just ask Mike Vick, or DC for that matter.

Martel
12-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Hard to teach what Smith already does-just ask Mike Vick, or DC for that matter.

Up to this line I thought you were defending Troy

Skeet84
12-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Aside from being bigger, what?

Both can scramble well, both have cannons for arms. The difference is that Smith is a better passer. Russell is an athlete playing QB, whereas Smith is an athletic QB-yes there is a BIG difference.

Ummm No. Smith does not have better tools than Russell. I do think at this point that Troy Smith is better tho. Russell's height really will help him. I think that Russell can become a better QB and he has a much stronger arm than Smith.

TexanPhinatic
12-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Ummm No. Smith does not have better tools than Russell. I do think at this point that Troy Smith is better tho. Russell's height really will help him. I think that Russell can become a better QB and he has a much stronger arm than Smith.

Smiths arm is not under question, its a cannon. He can (and does) get the ball where it needs to go. Russells height is the only real difference, and honestly its not a big deal. Drew Brees shorter stature hasnt held him back this season has it?

Stacks, I am defending Smith. Im saying Smith already has the vision and field awareness, decision making and throw first mentality that Vick and DC lack and seem to be unable to learn. THAT kind of thing is very hard if not impossible to teach, and with Smith we wont have to try cause hes got it!

He doesnt make stupid plays and throw dumb INTs and drop the ball for fumbles.

Skeet84
12-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Smiths arm is not under question, its a cannon. He can (and does) get the ball where it needs to go. Russells height is the only real difference, and honestly its not a big deal. Drew Brees shorter stature hasnt held him back this season has it?

Stacks, I am defending Smith. Im saying Smith already has the vision and field awareness, decision making and throw first mentality that Vick and DC lack and seem to be unable to learn. THAT kind of thing is very hard if not impossible to teach, and with Smith we wont have to try cause hes got it!

He doesnt make stupid plays and throw dumb INTs and drop the ball for fumbles.

height is a factor and just because one QB does well and is smaller does not mean another one will. height is a huge factor in being an NFL QB. Russell has a much much stronger arm than Smith. Now Smith will be a good back-up, But I don't think he is a starter in the league. I don't think Russell is NFL ready yet either and is awhile away, But I think he will be better than Smith in the NFL.

TexanPhinatic
12-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Height is nice, but overrated. Id much rather have a shorter QB who knows what hes doing and makes the plays, than a tall QB who doesnt and throws into triple coverage routinely.

Thats like saying we should take a NT just because he weighs 360 pounds, its nice to have but its not the biggest factor-id rather have a guys whos a little lighter but knows how to tie people up and hit the gaps than just stand there and shove at linemen.

Id rather have the slower CB who knows how to cover than the fast one who gets burned every time a reciever makes a cut.

Etc.

Its nice to have, but overrated. While coaches and scouts are busy creaming themselves over stuff like that, the guy who showed the right mechanics and skill in college are slipping, then turn out to be the better pro anyway.

musphinzfan
12-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Troy smith i like a lil more?

NorFlaFin
12-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Troy Smith is a better NFL prospect then Russell, right now. Russell needs to improve mentally not physically, Smith has already done this.

Given time and proper coaching literally the skys the limit for Russell. Just not right now.

Tailgun
12-15-2006, 10:45 AM
No more Daunte Culpepper clones, thanks. People who say arm strength and size are overrated are correct. Measurables are sure nice to have, but I'm sick of fans taking the 'best athlete' quarterback over the best passer. Give me the smartest, coolest customer who can consistently throw the ball accurately and make the best decisions, anytime.

NO. MORE. RUNNING. QUARTERBACKS.

Let someone else squander several years of their franchise with a showboating, one-trick pony. We've wasted enough time at this position already.

I hope Saban has figured out by this point what works in the NFL and what doesn't. Hey Nick, which one would you take now, Brees or Culpepper?

TexanPhinatic
12-15-2006, 02:18 PM
No more Daunte Culpepper clones, thanks. People who say arm strength and size are overrated are correct. Measurables are sure nice to have, but I'm sick of fans taking the 'best athlete' quarterback over the best passer. Give me the smartest, coolest customer who can consistently throw the ball accurately and make the best decisions, anytime.

exactly!

Motion
12-15-2006, 02:48 PM
:jt0323:

Times like these make me thankful that we are just fans here and not actually running the team.

SR 7
12-15-2006, 05:25 PM
T Smith for QB! reminds me a bit of mcnabb.

Skeet84
12-16-2006, 12:37 AM
T Smith for QB! reminds me a bit of mcnabb.

I would actually say Russell is more of an NFL McNabb while Troy Smith is more of a College McNabb

TexanPhinatic
12-17-2006, 02:18 AM
Russell is like DC, college and likely pro. Big guy with a strong arm but little in the way of ability to read a defense and such.

T. Smith is more like McNabb-more passing less running, good instincts. Except Smith doesnt shrink away in big games :)

COramprat
12-17-2006, 03:19 AM
Russell isn't really a scrambling type but he is a strong, lumbering runner. In the Tenn game a safety hit him from behind full bore and he bounced off like a mosquito. It usually takes more than one person to bring him down and by that time he has unloaded the ball.

The biggest knock is his decision making. He tends to completely forget what should be second nature for a quarterback...especially in big games. BUT...he can come up with huge plays to negate the bad. He had 5 picks last year against Florida and came back with a win. He had 4 this season against Tenn and still found a way to bring in another win. I would say another year in college would be best. Rumor has it he is shopping for an insurance policy that would pay off if he gets hurt next season. If it is reasonable he will stay his senior year. If that happens this guy will be phenominal by the time he comes out. If he goes this season he could be a project for a year of so.

His passing abilty needs a little work. He tends to throw behind or overthrow at times causing his recievers to make some acrobatic moves to get the ball. Other times he is spot on and the times he is off are getting fewer and fewer. If he gets that cannon of an arm under control (he can throw 60 yards from his knees) he will be hard to stop.

On top of that he is one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. From helping out nearly 20 people in his apartment after Katrina to stopping and trading ball caps and giving hugs to a handicap kid after each game this dude is one class act.

TexanPhinatic
12-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Its nice to see those kind of class people around. Im getting tired of drafting guys with questionable character. Still would like to see us take Brohm or Smith-both of whom I see as NFL ready with just as much upside. If we cant though and Russell is available in the second I wouldnt be unhappy. Just am not sold on his mental game yet and think a first is risky.

RHoffman
12-17-2006, 10:53 PM
I don't see that special inate quality in Russell...he often looks pedestrian despite his physical attributes.

Motion
12-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Its nice to see those kind of class people around. Im getting tired of drafting guys with questionable character. Still would like to see us take Brohm or Smith-both of whom I see as NFL ready with just as much upside. If we cant though and Russell is available in the second I wouldnt be unhappy. Just am not sold on his mental game yet and think a first is risky.

You really don't know much about Troy Smith do you?

Anyone that is involved in a fight with 5 females in which one ended up with a broken jaw is anything but classy. I'd like to believe he's matured a bit since then but defending him saying he's so classy is a bit much.

finswin56
12-18-2006, 11:05 AM
:jt0323:

Times like these make me thankful that we are just fans here and not actually running the team.Makes me thankful for a little place where serenity can be found.
</IMG>

PHINSfan
12-19-2006, 07:00 AM
Russell isn't really a scrambling type but he is a strong, lumbering runner. In the Tenn game a safety hit him from behind full bore and he bounced off like a mosquito. It usually takes more than one person to bring him down and by that time he has unloaded the ball.

The biggest knock is his decision making. He tends to completely forget what should be second nature for a quarterback...especially in big games. BUT...he can come up with huge plays to negate the bad. He had 5 picks last year against Florida and came back with a win. He had 4 this season against Tenn and still found a way to bring in another win. I would say another year in college would be best. Rumor has it he is shopping for an insurance policy that would pay off if he gets hurt next season. If it is reasonable he will stay his senior year. If that happens this guy will be phenominal by the time he comes out. If he goes this season he could be a project for a year of so.

His passing abilty needs a little work. He tends to throw behind or overthrow at times causing his recievers to make some acrobatic moves to get the ball. Other times he is spot on and the times he is off are getting fewer and fewer. If he gets that cannon of an arm under control (he can throw 60 yards from his knees) he will be hard to stop.

On top of that he is one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. From helping out nearly 20 people in his apartment after Katrina to stopping and trading ball caps and giving hugs to a handicap kid after each game this dude is one class act.

I, like you, have been following him. He really is a nice guy, and one thing that hasn't been mentioned is the fact that he is no dummy. Last year he was a SEC academic all american. I believe that with more experience he has the tools needed to be a good QB in the NFL.
Wouldnt it be great to have somebody like him learning from Daunte. In 2-3 years this kid could be special!

patswho?
12-22-2006, 07:29 PM
russel would be the only QB i want the dolphins to draft. not a fan of brohm or quinn. smith is too short.

firemanx
12-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Russel has moved his way into the first round and theres only two teams that need a QB in front of is once Det selects Quinn #1 overall. Oakland who i believe will select Calvin Johnson, and Cleveland if they decide Frye or Anderson isnt there future. So the question is if he is there when we pick do we select him.

Majpain
12-24-2006, 02:08 AM

Charlie Wies said that Quinn reminded him of a young C-Pep.

SR 7
12-24-2006, 05:35 AM
Charlie Wies said that Quinn reminded him of a young C-Pep.

no mor elike Tom Brady. not DC.

adamprez2003
12-24-2006, 06:07 AM

What's weird with this is that several scouting reports have him as being a more intelligent younger version of Daunte Culpepper. Personally I would prefer a younger version of Steve McNair and I see a little of that in his game. I wouldnt be averse to drafting him but if we did then I would think Daunte would be out of here by 2008

jlfin
12-24-2006, 08:04 AM

Why would you want a carbon copy of what you already have? I'd rather see another top QB with a different set of skills to compete with DC for the future of the QB position.

jlfin
12-24-2006, 08:05 AM
russel would be the only QB i want the dolphins to draft. not a fan of brohm or quinn. smith is too short.

Why? Do you have a problem with smart, NFL ready young QB's?

Tailgun
12-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Why would you want a carbon copy of what you already have? I'd rather see another top QB with a different set of skills to compete with DC for the future of the QB position.
Exactly. Although, count me among those who don't want any versions of Daunte Culpepper on this team: either the current or any newer 'versions'.

Majpain
12-24-2006, 01:49 PM
no mor elike Tom Brady. not DC.

Just repeating what Weis said.

Geforce
12-24-2006, 03:21 PM

One reason to have two QBs with similar skills is that when/if one goes down, you won't have to change your game plan very much.

BigDogsHunt
12-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah, why wouldnt you want a 2nd Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning or Daunte Culpepper if you could find one?

The reason most teams have a different unique skilled backup QB is because its hard to find an exact replica for a reason. But that shouldnt make you avoid a natural as close to the same QB from being on your team if one exists.

OC's would love it, Lineman would love it, etc. The bottomline is winning. Would you want 2 Joey Harringtons? doubt it. Would you want 2 Joe Montana's or Terry Bradshaws? Absolutely if you could find them.

Now I am not saying you praise Russell for being a DC clone, but you dont avoid him like the plague if you believe DC is the right QB for this team. Thats the coaches call, and if they decide to select Russell it would make a lot of sense.

jlfin
12-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Yeah, why wouldnt you want a 2nd Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning or Daunte Culpepper if you could find one?

The reason most teams have a different unique skilled backup QB is because its hard to find an exact replica for a reason. But that shouldnt make you avoid a natural as close to the same QB from being on your team if one exists.

OC's would love it, Lineman would love it, etc. The bottomline is winning. Would you want 2 Joey Harringtons? doubt it. Would you want 2 Joe Montana's or Terry Bradshaws? Absolutely if you could find them.

Now I am not saying you praise Russell for being a DC clone, but you dont avoid him like the plague if you believe DC is the right QB for this team. Thats the coaches call, and if they decide to select Russell it would make a lot of sense.
Are you being serious? How could you even put DC's name in the same sentence as those guys. DC has 1-2 really good seasons. His career has been as inconsistent as this entire season has been. Those other guys you mention played at a high level for many yrs.

Bonedoc7777
12-24-2006, 07:06 PM
just get me a QB in the first three rounds to develop

tonto_phin
12-24-2006, 07:29 PM
just get me a QB in the first three rounds to develop

second that, AND promote Garrett to OC

Tailgun
12-24-2006, 10:10 PM
second that, AND promote Garrett to OCI second THAT!