PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Playbook - Madden '07

Ozfin77
12-10-2006, 09:44 PM
For those of you who are into Madden;

What would be your favorite playbook and why?

spydertl79
12-10-2006, 10:21 PM
John Fox, a lot of misdirection and a full house formation.

brandon27
12-10-2006, 11:14 PM
I dont mind Miami's at all. Its a nice balance i find, but... I wish it had a reverse... or a halfback pass... or... what would be nice is a WR reverse pass... with booker getting the ball, he has some decent passing ratings. Same with Vick, you could put marcus into that receiver spot for that play too... his QB ratings in the game are really decent

anyone know of any playbooks with plays like that?? I dont really play with anyone other than miami... and the times I have, ive never noticed any sort of plays like that

Ozfin77
12-11-2006, 01:18 AM
I used to play with Miami's book all the time too...then I realised there are better ones out there, so started trying a few different ones.

I dont mind Indy's and Washingtons so far.

Agent51
12-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Does anyone know who's playbook has any HB pass plays? I figured SD's would, since LT passes a lot (well, a lot for a HB, lol) but I couldn't find it anywhere in there.

Predaphin
12-11-2006, 01:19 PM
I always use Miami's playbook....I know it like the back of my hand....I could use it with my eyes closed....

I know it so well....I can answer to almost any defense...I don't think there's a package out there that I haven't been able to beat

Dolfan984
12-11-2006, 04:24 PM
I just use the Dolphins playbook. Always have with every game. Know it like the back of my hand so it works for me.

brandon27
12-11-2006, 07:22 PM
I always use Miami's playbook....I know it like the back of my hand....I could use it with my eyes closed....

I know it so well....I can answer to almost any defense...I don't think there's a package out there that I haven't been able to beat

I'm the same way, I just wish it had some more exciting plays in it. A reverse or something ya know? Overall its a nice playbook to use, has some nice passing plays and a nice variety of runs... but... its boring at the same time. However, its all i've ever known in that game

tory
12-11-2006, 11:54 PM
i love the miami defensive playbook. the miami offense i use regularly because i'm so proficiant in it, and most comfortable. i do like washingtons alot, and the patriots offensive playbook is alot of fun too.

Slappy8800
12-11-2006, 11:55 PM
i like the Ravens

illscriptures
12-12-2006, 02:00 AM
Denver... very good playbook for running, downhill or not.

Silverphin
12-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Hey, the Miami Playbook does have a flea flicker. I love using that play when I run consistently with Ronnie. Then BOOM! Six points to Chambers.

Agent51
12-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Hey, the Miami Playbook does have a flea flicker. I love using that play when I run consistently with Ronnie. Then BOOM! Six points to Chambers.

Where is the flea flicker/what is it called? I always use their playbook too, but I tried SD's because I wantd a HB pass, thinking they'd have one, but I couldn't find it.

Slappy8800
12-12-2006, 03:07 PM
yea where in miami's book is tehre a flea flicker?

Offerdahl56
12-12-2006, 03:21 PM
i always used to use the rams back when martz was the coach....they had some crazy formations and plays....but i usually use miami's now...

brandon27
12-12-2006, 07:28 PM

What formation is it in? Whats it called? I've been all over this book and havent found it. Same with a Reverse... and are you talking about the 360 version?? cuz i think the xbox version probly still has the old book, with the reverses and all the fun stuff.

Agent51
12-12-2006, 08:14 PM
What formation is it in? Whats it called? I've been all over this book and havent found it. Same with a Reverse... and are you talking about the 360 version?? cuz i think the xbox version probly still has the old book, with the reverses and all the fun stuff.

Yea, I'm thinking he might mean the current-gen versions, because I have seen no flea-flicker or any of that in Miami's playbook, and I haven't been able to find a HB pass in ANY playbook that I've checked.

Silverphin
12-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah, it is in the current Gen (PS2, etc).

But for just in case it is in the Next-Gen: It should be in the the 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB, I formation, both WR to the left.

FLOUNDER
12-12-2006, 09:38 PM
I like Baltimores also

HysterikiLL
12-12-2006, 11:24 PM
I use the Bears because I play with the Bears. I use their defense too, but my favorite defensive packages are the Ravens. It's best when using the Ravens because I have the subs set so I can play guys like Cody, A. Thomas, Scott, Suggs all over the place.

HysterikiLL
12-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Just for whoever was asking, the Texans have a HB pass. They have a pretty good playbook too.

outlawd2u
12-14-2006, 05:37 PM
I dont mind Miami's at all. Its a nice balance i find, but... I wish it had a reverse... or a halfback pass... or... what would be nice is a WR reverse pass... with booker getting the ball, he has some decent passing ratings. Same with Vick, you could put marcus into that receiver spot for that play too... his QB ratings in the game are really decent

anyone know of any playbooks with plays like that?? I dont really play with anyone other than miami... and the times I have, ive never noticed any sort of plays like that

Pittsburgh is the only playbook in the game with a WR reverse pass

TheMageGandalf
12-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Mike Holmgren (Seattle)

@@@
12-15-2006, 07:15 AM
i'm using the Pit playbook at the moment, halfback pass, WR reverse pass and plenty of counters :yes:

brandon27
12-15-2006, 07:10 PM
i'm using the Pit playbook at the moment, halfback pass, WR reverse pass and plenty of counters :yes:

I played a game last night with the steelers playbook, didnt find a reverse, reverse pass, or halfback pass at all...

What formation are they in? What are they called?

Are you talking about the 360 version, or the xbox/ps2???

#1 Fan
12-16-2006, 03:47 AM
philly has a hb pass also

King Felix
12-16-2006, 04:43 AM
i like indys

Bruzer
12-16-2006, 09:49 AM
I played a game last night with the steelers playbook, didnt find a reverse, reverse pass, or halfback pass at all...

Are you talking about the 360 version, or the xbox/ps2???

I know its in the xbox/ps2 version becuase its in the iform formation.

@@@
12-18-2006, 07:27 AM

Are you talking about the 360 version, or the xbox/ps2???PC which i guess is the ps2/xbox version, singleback trips bunch has a load of trick plays

PhinFan0202
12-22-2006, 06:30 PM
I used to use the WCO as my playbook alot back when i was playing 04. It has like some wierd sqiggly line looking type routes but it was pretty tight most of the time.

BigDogsHunt
12-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Yeah, it is in the current Gen (PS2, etc).

But for just in case it is in the Next-Gen: It should be in the the 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB, I formation, both WR to the left.

Yeah, thats the one. Only have used Miami's so far in '07 PS2. I might try others, thought for sure Miami would have WR reverse and/or HB pass.

I like this flea-flicker, but you really have to set it up by running out of that formation a few times, then return to it and hope the D bites hard.

Havent completed one yet, but have missed two (CC drops) wide open TD's both times.

Tried it 2 other times without really setting it up and one Ronnie got tackled at the LOS prior to tossing it back, and the other was an INT since the D didnt bite.

Sounds like Indy, Wash, Seattle, Car, and Bears or Ravens would be fun.

FinsNCanes
12-23-2006, 03:41 PM
I have a question regarding the one for the ps3 if anyone out there has it. You know how you can make any button whatever you want assigned for? Well..I wanted to use R1 as my sprint and it seems everytime I don't assign the X, O buttons and what not for sprint he always tends to do this stupid little juke move before he sprints which in turn makes it literally useless.

On a side note I really don't like the L2/R2 buttons on the controller by the way they feel..

PhinFan0202
12-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Yeah, thats the one. Only have used Miami's so far in '07 PS2. I might try others, thought for sure Miami would have WR reverse and/or HB pass.

I like this flea-flicker, but you really have to set it up by running out of that formation a few times, then return to it and hope the D bites hard.

Havent completed one yet, but have missed two (CC drops) wide open TD's both times.

Tried it 2 other times without really setting it up and one Ronnie got tackled at the LOS prior to tossing it back, and the other was an INT since the D didnt bite.

Sounds like Indy, Wash, Seattle, Car, and Bears or Ravens would be fun.

Yeah i run that play sometimes. Chambers dropping passes happens but it happens alot less when you catch it yourself.

Brown42000
12-30-2006, 08:59 PM
I use the Dolphins playbook all the time I know all of their plays and know which ones work against certain defenses and stuff like that.

finfan01
12-30-2006, 09:03 PM
"FB Fake HB Toss" is the best outside running play in Madden IMO from the Dolphins' playbook

along with "Play Action outside curls"...good for short first downs

Brown42000
12-30-2006, 09:07 PM
"FB Fake HB Toss" is the best outside running play in Madden IMO from the Dolphins' playbook

along with "Play Action outside curls"...good for short first downs
Yeah the "FB Fake HB Toss" is one of the better running plays just can't run it a lot because the defense will find a way to stop it and a good bail out play is the Brown Option in the 4WR Shotgun set.

FLOUNDER
12-31-2006, 03:56 AM
Im actually starting to like Carolinas play book. The have that split back formation. Good to run and pass out of