PDA

View Full Version : SNF - Dallas vs New Orleans

Vertical Limit
12-10-2006, 10:07 PM
So far it's been a pretty good game. Sean Payton is an offensive genius. Creating plays for his fullback Carney, to give that Dallas defense someone else to think about, and open up plays for his other offensive weapons.

I like both teams, so I don't mind either to win. This is for the 2nd seed.

Martel
12-10-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm watchin. Two great teams to watch. The Cowboys were so boring with Bledsoe. It's like a whole new team.

DeathStar
12-10-2006, 10:47 PM
drew brees...we could have had him...

Vertical Limit
12-10-2006, 10:49 PM
:shakeno: Unsportsmanlike conduct to Bill Parcells? Isn't that the Terrell Owens rule? :lol:

Martel
12-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Brees might play against the Chargers in the Super Bowl. That would be sweet.

finfansince72
12-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Ive rooted for Brees ever since that idiot Wannestadt passed on him saying "Brees doesnt have anymore upside than Fiedler does". Not understanding the Qb position cost Wannestadt two NFL jobs, and deservedly so.
Its easy to dump on Saban for passing on Brees, but Brees arm is really messed up, its nothing short of a miracle that he is having the year he is having.

finfansince72
12-10-2006, 10:54 PM
Gramatica :)

brandon27
12-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Ive rooted for Brees ever since that idiot Wannestadt passed on him saying "Brees doesnt have anymore upside than Fiedler does". Not understanding the Qb position cost Wannestadt two NFL jobs, and deservedly so.
Its easy to dump on Saban for passing on Brees, but Brees arm is really messed up, its nothing short of a miracle that he is having the year he is having.

his arm sure looks fine to me... :rolleyes2

and whats he got, 200 yards already in the first half? He's having another good year. It really is too bad we didnt have the cash to bring him in here this year

finfansince72
12-10-2006, 11:19 PM
his arm sure looks fine to me... :rolleyes2

and whats he got, 200 yards already in the first half? He's having another good year. It really is too bad we didnt have the cash to bring him in here this year

Well when your medical staff tells you his arm, his throwing arm is messed up who are u supposed to go with? The second guessing on this move gets old here. Saban didnt want to risk a huge salary on a guy who the medical staff was telling him had a really messed up arm. Its over get over it.

brandon27
12-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Wow, what a sweet play there by reggie bush

finfansince72
12-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Reggie Bush needs space to make his moves but damn when he gets some space he is special. He made those Boys look like idiots on that run. Romo is coming down to earth and so is Dallas, they arent that good.

brandon27
12-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Well when your medical staff tells you his arm, his throwing arm is messed up who are u supposed to go with? The second guessing on this move gets old here. Saban didnt want to risk a huge salary on a guy who the medical staff was telling him had a really messed up arm. Its over get over it.

I'm sure the medical staff told Saban Daunte's knee was messed up too? If they didnt, I sure hope the Dolphins go out and get a new medical staff...

Roman529
12-10-2006, 11:23 PM
TEXANS PASSED ON BUSH AND YOUNG....LOL:sidelol:

Martel
12-10-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm sure the medical staff told Saban Daunte's knee was messed up too? If they didnt, I sure hope the Dolphins go out and get a new medical staff...

I gotta agree. They could see how badly injured Brees was but not Culpepper, who is still not playing?

Vertical Limit
12-10-2006, 11:27 PM
TOUCHDOWN TERRELL OWENS.

This is getting good.

Roman529
12-10-2006, 11:28 PM
T.O. just got a gift td...sorry D-Back....has Miami Dolphin's fumble fingers. :lol:

brandon27
12-10-2006, 11:29 PM
TEXANS PASSED ON BUSH AND YOUNG....LOL:sidelol:

Unbelievable eh? Its almost as if theyre trying to be the worst team every year. Just look what theyve done to David Carr... what a waste of talent... similar to what Detroit did to harrington

Amars
12-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Reggie Touchdown look so effortlessly. Both him and Young are playing Awsome.

finfansince72
12-10-2006, 11:30 PM

Culpepper has a leg injury, Im sure it was obvious that his knee wasnt 100% but his knee kept getting worse getting sacked 10 times a game, I assume that was the medical staffs fault?
Youre forgetting what a risk the Saints took, it seems abc right now but Brees got a HUGE contract with a messed up throwing shoulder. There are a ton of teams that would have given Brees a big deal if it wasnt for his shoulder.
There wasnt a lot of grief given to Saban on these boards or in the national media for the move, Im not going to play monday morning Qb and cry like a baby about it.
Good for Brees, Ive always liked the guy. Culpepper will be back with a vengenance next year so Im not worried about it.

Vertical Limit
12-10-2006, 11:32 PM
This Dallas defense isn't getting a break. Drew Brees is owning them.

Roman529
12-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Unbelievable eh? Its almost as if theyre trying to be the worst team every year. Just look what theyve done to David Carr... what a waste of talent... similar to what Detroit did to harrington

Next year they will pass on Adrian Peterson :D

cltchperf
12-10-2006, 11:36 PM
The head coach Payton is one heck of a play caller. It seems like whatever he calls throws off defenses and not just the Cowboys tonight. He seems to be really good at exploiting weaknesses, etc. I think just as much credit should go to him along with Brees.

brandon27
12-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Culpepper has a leg injury, Im sure it was obvious that his knee wasnt 100% but his knee kept getting worse getting sacked 10 times a game, I assume that was the medical staffs fault?
Youre forgetting what a risk the Saints took, it seems abc right now but Brees got a HUGE contract with a messed up throwing shoulder. There are a ton of teams that would have given Brees a big deal if it wasnt for his shoulder.
There wasnt a lot of grief given to Saban on these boards or in the national media for the move, Im not going to play monday morning Qb and cry like a baby about it.
Good for Brees, Ive always liked the guy. Culpepper will be back with a vengenance next year so Im not worried about it.

The o-line had nothing to do with the decision that was made on daunte over brees. I think its obvious that culpepper never should have started in the preseason, or regular season. But sure, its hard to give a guy thats injured whether its daunte, or brees... that kind of money when theyre hurt, and doubtful. I understand why we didnt pay brees what he wanted to come here...

Im fine with the choice of Culpepper as a dolphin, dont get me wrong there. I hope he does come back next year and help lead this team to the playoffs. But over all, I do think Brees is the better quarterback, and the better leader.

CA Dolfan
12-10-2006, 11:37 PM
i've got marion barber on my ffl. is he playing?

Vertical Limit
12-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Fact is, Drew Brees depends on his arm to be effective, and Daunte Culpepper depends on his mobility to be effective; and he had a DEVESTATING TRI LIGAMENT TEAR. So either injury, is pretty bad. Daunte may have his arm, but he never proved to be a pocket passer. We simply cheaped out.

IMO, we should have brought Drew Brees, but Brees wanted more money, and he certaintly deserved that money.

finfansince72
12-10-2006, 11:39 PM
The head coach Payton is one heck of a play caller. It seems like whatever he calls throws off defenses and not just the Cowboys tonight. He seems to be really good at exploiting weaknesses, etc. I think just as much credit should go to him along with Brees.

You can pretty much ingrave his name on the Coach of the Year trophy.

finfansince72
12-10-2006, 11:40 PM
OMG onside kick, wow that caught Dallas sleeping.

brandon27
12-10-2006, 11:40 PM
oh god... up 35-17 and you do an onside kick?!?!?! haha parcells must be livid!!

Vertical Limit
12-10-2006, 11:41 PM
35-17, and Sean Payton goes for the onside kick and converts. This guy is pressing all the right buttons. He is amazing.

finfansince72
Parcels looks like someone hit him in the gut.

Desslar
Why the hell did they kick onside?

Amars
12-10-2006, 11:42 PM
That was one of best onside kick I have seen.

Dolphin1184
12-10-2006, 11:42 PM
The Saints are making an argument that they are the best team in the NFC.

Amars
12-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Fact is, Drew Brees depends on his arm to be effective, and Daunte Culpepper depends on his mobility to be effective; and he had a DEVESTATING TRI LIGAMENT TEAR. So either injury, is pretty bad. Daunte may have his arm, but he never proved to be a pocket passer. We simply cheaped out.

IMO, we should have brought Drew Brees, but Brees wanted more money, and he certaintly deserved that money.

Your right. I think we wanted brees but didnt want pay premium.

BTW henderson a amazing catch. Nice Pass.

finfansince72
12-10-2006, 11:43 PM
The Saints are the best team in the NFC they are making Dallas look like a bunch of practice squad players. WOW.

Dolphin1184
12-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Why the hell did they kick onside?

Because they didn't want to give back the momentum to dallas?

Desslar
12-10-2006, 11:44 PM
The Saints are making an argument that they are the best team in the NFC.

I think they won that argument in the first half.

Amars
12-10-2006, 11:45 PM
Dallas secondary is overrated. They can hit hard but cant cover.

elite14eva
12-10-2006, 11:45 PM
drew brees is making the fins look dumb for not taking him.

CA Dolfan
12-10-2006, 11:46 PM
wheres's marion barber III?

finswin56
12-11-2006, 12:02 AM

IMO, we should have brought Drew Brees, but Brees wanted more money, and he certaintly deserved that money.Where do you get this? We're not talking about Michael Vick here. EVERY QB depends on his arm.

For those still questioning that decision... I actually spoke with an orthopedic surgeon and asked him about it. Including Daunte shredding those ligaments and Brees' 360 degree labrum tear.
He said there would be no question that the team should have gone after Daunte. ZERO question since it was a decision about a QB.

njFinsForever
12-11-2006, 12:08 AM
drew brees...we could have had him...

I was thinkin the same thing, I hope culpepper returns to his pro-bowl form, but otherwise the miami dolphins will be remebered for passing up on drew brees two times and how big a mistake it was

HysterikiLL
12-11-2006, 12:14 AM
I was thinkin the same thing, I hope culpepper returns to his pro-bowl form, but otherwise the miami dolphins will be remebered for passing up on drew brees two times and how big a mistake it was

Okay, I'm making this response to not you directly, but everyone (and there's many) in general who echo your sentiments.

FOR THE LAST TIME, WE DID NOT "CHOOSE" CULPEPPER OVER BREES!!!!!!!! We persued Drew Brees, New Orleans offered him 10 million more and HE CHOSE NEW ORLEANS. I'm tired of people who call out our staff over "not choosing Brees" or "we passed on Brees". For christs sake, we wanted him and he chose New Orleans over Miami. Uggggh.

P.S. Reggie Bush kicks ***. As a receiver.

icephinfan
12-11-2006, 12:16 AM
WOW, just checked the score, 42-17 Saints....SWEET.

njFinsForever
12-11-2006, 12:31 AM
Okay, I'm making this response to not you directly, but everyone (and there's many) in general who echo your sentiments.

FOR THE LAST TIME, WE DID NOT "CHOOSE" CULPEPPER OVER BREES!!!!!!!! We persued Drew Brees, New Orleans offered him 10 million more and HE CHOSE NEW ORLEANS. I'm tired of people who call out our staff over "not choosing Brees" or "we passed on Brees". For christs sake, we wanted him and he chose New Orleans over Miami. Uggggh.

P.S. Reggie Bush kicks ***. As a receiver.

Ok, i know there was a major risk involved with going after a QB with shoulder problems, so we chose not to offer him as much money as the saints offered. But still, we chose not to offer him more money, are you saying if we offered him a better deal he wouldn't have come to miami? I know this is after the fact so its not fair to pass judgement, but it is something that will be talked about for a long time, unless culpepper can quiet the critics.

icephinfan
12-11-2006, 12:33 AM
Brees 5 TD's, damn.:eek:

Vertical Limit
12-11-2006, 12:35 AM
Insane. If it wasn't for Ladainian Tomlinson being so awesome, Drew Brees deserves MVP as well.

Vertical Limit
12-11-2006, 12:36 AM
Perhaps there will be "co-MVP's" just like Peyton Manning and Steve McNair in 2003. LT and Drew Brees deserve it so bad.

HysterikiLL
12-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Ok, i know there was a major risk involved with going after a QB with shoulder problems, so we chose not to offer him as much money as the saints offered. But still, we chose not to offer him more money, are you saying if we offered him a better deal he wouldn't have come to miami? I know this is after the fact so its not fair to pass judgement, but it is something that will be talked about for a long time, unless culpepper can quiet the critics.

You make a good point, but I think we can only go on Brees' word. He said when he was driven through New Orleans on his visit, he knew he had to go there and help turn that city around. He said it was more than just football. I really think that the situation there was more important than the money. Hard in hindsight to tell if the money was the trigger or not, but I still have to believe the situation was more meaningful for him.

HysterikiLL
12-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Perhaps there will be "co-MVP's" just like Peyton Manning and Steve McNair in 2003. LT and Drew Brees deserve it so bad.

They probably deserve that, but the chance of that happening really is pretty miniscule. There's hundreds of voters in the MVP ballot and with 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th place votes etc, the chances that two guys end up tied is incredibly rare.

Roman529
12-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Brees might break Marino's season yardage record. :mad: