PDA

View Full Version : What's your take on Jay Cutler?

Vertical Limit
12-11-2006, 02:16 AM
Watched the game earlier, and boy does this guy have issues with his mechanics. He has a huge cannon, but a long release. Also, he stands in the pocket like a statue, he doesn't really move around and doesn't look like he's really stepping into his throws.

I know he is just a rookie, but he has a LOT of work to do. A ton.

Martel
12-11-2006, 02:21 AM
Well that was the whole thing about him coming into the draft. He was raw. He had a great preseason and everyone thought he could just walk right in and go off now he's really struggling now. But i will tell you what...that dude has a rocket. I love watching him throw lasers around the field. Reminds me of somebody we used to have in MIA. No, not Jay Fiedler.....

Vertical Limit
12-11-2006, 02:24 AM
Well that was the whole thing about him coming into the draft. He was raw. He had a great preseason and everyone thought he coiuld just walk right in a go off and he's really struggling now. But i will tell you what...that dude has a rocket. I love watching him throw lasers around the field. Reminds me of somebody we used to have in MIA. No, not Jay Fiedler.....
AJ Feeley? :lol:

Alex44
12-11-2006, 02:25 AM
My impression of him is that he is an unpolished rookie that shouldnt be starting yet.

Martel
12-11-2006, 03:07 AM
AJ Feeley? :lol:

Close......Ray Lucas

Vertical Limit
12-11-2006, 03:15 AM
Just had a flash back moment in 2004 Miami vs Arizona. Game was pretty much over, and we lost against the Cardinals, but the last play was the most pathetic attempt of a Hail Mary I ever seen by a quarterback. That ball barely went 20 yards, and we needed 60+ yards. :shakeno:

Stupid AJ.

Martel
12-11-2006, 03:18 AM
Just had a flash back moment in 2004 Miami vs Arizona. Game was pretty much over, and we lost against the Cardinals, but the last play was the most pathetic attempt of a Hail Mary I ever seen by a quarterback. That ball barely went 20 yards, and we needed 60+ yards. :shakeno:

Stupid AJ.

Yeah and that was after everyone was talking about his cannon arm. What a bum that guy was. Ugh :mad:

L.T.21
12-11-2006, 03:39 AM
Watched the game earlier, and boy does this guy have issues with his mechanics. He has a huge cannon, but a long release. Also, he stands in the pocket like a statue, he doesn't really move around and doesn't look like he's really stepping into his throws.

I know he is just a rookie, but he has a LOT of work to do. A ton.
Hmm..weird.

I thought he looked pretty good. As far as mechanics - what is wrong with it?

I've always thought Jay Cutler had fine footwork and mechanics.

What's his issues? Stands like a statue? He's deadlier when on the run....

HysterikiLL
12-11-2006, 05:09 AM
The thing I don't like about Jay is that he might string 3 or 4 good plyas together but he doesn't seem to get any consistency. He'll do some nice things and then make a completely stupid play out of the blue. I think he'll be a fine player, but he needs to work on not checking off his receivers so much and not selling himself on a play from the snap.

Motion
12-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Hmm..weird.

I thought he looked pretty good. As far as mechanics - what is wrong with it?

I've always thought Jay Cutler had fine footwork and mechanics.

What's his issues? Stands like a statue? He's deadlier when on the run....

I agree, he has a baseball type windup when he throws but he can flick it out fast when he can. I also think he's much more mobile than the average NFL QB. He'll be just fine.

finfansince72
12-11-2006, 10:09 AM
He looks like a rookie. Shanahan pretty much threw the season in the toliet starting a rookie at Qb during a playoff run. I think the Broncos team quit when he did that whether they will admit it or not. Id fire Shanahan if I owned that team.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-11-2006, 11:01 AM
i don't think he has a long release at all...

finmann
12-11-2006, 01:05 PM
i don't think he has a long release at all...

I agree,I didn't see that either...but he has a cannon doesn't he? The kid throws a great ball but he shouldn't be starting.......he is raw and needs more time to get accustom to the speed of the game.

ChambersWI
12-11-2006, 05:18 PM
He looks like a rookie. Shanahan pretty much threw the season in the toliet starting a rookie at Qb during a playoff run. I think the Broncos team quit when he did that whether they will admit it or not. Id fire Shanahan if I owned that team.

the offense was doing horrible with Plummer so they had to try something. It really doesn't help that the O-line has been relatively bad this year.

L.T.21
12-11-2006, 06:17 PM
On behalf of the AFC West - I hope he depends on that rocket arm A LOT.

Now talk about fast releases -- SEE #17 ;-)

PrepDogg
12-11-2006, 06:49 PM
My impression of him is that he is an unpolished rookie that shouldnt be starting yet.

Ditto.

marino1348
12-11-2006, 11:03 PM
He has a strong enough arm to throw it at a db but have the Te still catch it. Oh wait, that justhium making bad throw and the te making a great catch.

I live in Nashville and pretty much all I ever heard of him was that he had a cannon arm(other than how bad vandy is). That doesn't mean he'll be good qb just like how a 4.3 wr is automatically good. He is also known to have poor mechanics. I think he will eventually be a solid starter, but is going to have a rough first year and a half of starting.

phinphan896
12-11-2006, 11:20 PM
i dont like him at all. he might have the arm but so do alot of other qbs. hes shown poor decision making skills in my opinion

tory
12-11-2006, 11:51 PM
what was the broncos record w/ plummer? 7-4? what's it been since cutler came in 0-2? everyone always blames plummer for all their problems. that guys been getting a bad rap for along time. i think plummers pretty good, and i enjoyed watching him play. i think it was a huge mistake putting cutler in.

HurriPhin
12-12-2006, 12:05 AM
I think he's a quarterback for the Broncos.

Mike13
12-12-2006, 12:27 AM
He's a rookie, he's got the talent but he's raw.

I find this hilarious though

Paraphrased fromb the Sportsline Boards: Shanahan is a genius, Cutler will take us to the playoffs!

This was probably the stupidest move in the history of stupid moves.

Motion
12-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Looking pretty good lately.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-26-2006, 10:59 AM
He's a rookie, he's got the talent but he's raw.

I find this hilarious though

Paraphrased fromb the Sportsline Boards: Shanahan is a genius, Cutler will take us to the playoffs!

This was probably the stupidest move in the history of stupid moves.
clearly.

Dors156
12-26-2006, 03:36 PM
personally i wish we had him.hes a good QB.better than any of our QB's right now