PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Bomber hates prison

Roman529
12-11-2006, 04:13 PM
About a half hour south of here is the Supermax Federal Prison where they keep the worst of the worst: Theodore Kaczynski (the Unabomber), Salvatore Gravano, Matthew Hale, Robert Hanssen, Charles Harrelson, Larry Hoover, Zacarias Moussaou, Terry Nichols, Omar Abdel-Rahmna, Richard Reid, Ramzi Yousef, etc.)

They basically are put in a small cell 23 hours a day and are never allowed to talk or interact with anyone. He has been crying to the local paper here about his treatment:

Olympic Bomber Bemoans Prison Conditions

AP
FLORENCE, Colo. (AP) - Olympic bomber Eric Rudolph laments in a series of letters to a newspaper that the maximum-security federal prison where he is spending the rest of his life is designed to drive him insane.

"It is a closed-off world designed to isolate inmates from social and environmental stimuli, with the ultimate purpose of causing mental illness and chronic physical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and arthritis," he wrote in one letter to The Gazette of Colorado Springs.

Rudolph wrote that he spends 23 hours a day in his 7-by-12-foot cell, his only exercise confined to an enclosed area he described as a "large empty swimming pool" divided into "dog-kennel style cages."

"Using solitary confinement, Supermax is designed to inflict as much misery and pain as is constitutionally permissible," he wrote in a letter.

One of Rudolph's victims had no sympathy for him.

"It gives me a great deal of pride to think he's never coming out of there," said Diane Derzis, who runs a Birmingham, Ala., women's clinic Rudolph bombed in 1998. "He should never see daylight again."

The newspaper reported in its Sunday editions that it has corresponded by mail with Rudolph for more than a year, and prison officials have refused the paper's request to interview Rudolph.

The Gazette refused Rudolph's request that it publish his writings in their entirety. The newspaper said if it published articles, it would print portions of the letters as long as they were not hate literature or libelous.

Rudolph, an anti-government extremist, pleaded guilty in April 2005 to setting the bomb that killed one person and wounded more than 100 at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, and three other bombings, including a fatal explosion at a Birmingham clinic.

Alex44
12-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Well gee your not supposed to like it, that would defeat the purpose

If he is never allowed to talk to anyone how is he crying to newspapers :lol:

tylerdolphin
12-11-2006, 04:27 PM

My thoughts exactly. Maybe he should have thought of that before he set bombs off and killed innocent people. Dumb***

Mike13
12-11-2006, 04:29 PM
[quote]Supermax
[quote]

What an intimidating name for a prison, it sounds like a grocery store.
Anyway I'll take the solitary confinement over beatings and rape.

Roman529
12-11-2006, 04:30 PM

The FBI lets them talk with their lawyers, and they also review any interview requests and also monitor all correspondence. The Colorado Springs Gazette newspaper wanted to interview Eric Rudolph so they were able to do the story. Most of these guys have nothing at all in their cell...no tv, no books other than maybe a bible or Koran, no visitors, they basically just sit there day after day by themselves with no human contact other than when they receive their food. That would suck.

Alex44
12-11-2006, 04:51 PM
The FBI lets them talk with their lawyers, and they also review any interview requests and also monitor all correspondence. The Colorado Springs Gazette newspaper wanted to interview Eric Rudolph so they were able to do the story. Most of these guys have nothing at all in their cell...no tv, no books other than maybe a bible or Koran, no visitors, they basically just sit there day after day by themselves with no human contact other than when they receive their food. That would suck.

It would also suck to be the victim of a bomb attack dont ya think? I dont think its our job to make their prison life comfortable and even semi-enjoyable.

As someone who doesnt believe in the death penalty I do believe that the worst convicts should be made pretty miserable

Scrap
12-11-2006, 04:59 PM
23 hours a day in his 7-by-12-foot

He should try 24 hours in a coffin.

DeathStar
12-11-2006, 06:42 PM
so then maybe you shouldn't have been a ****ing terrorist...

what an idiot.

dreday
12-11-2006, 07:23 PM
About a half hour south of here is the Supermax Federal Prison where they keep the worst of the worst: Theodore Kaczynski (the Unabomber), Salvatore Gravano, Matthew Hale, Robert Hanssen, Charles Harrelson, Larry Hoover, Zacarias Moussaou, Terry Nichols, Omar Abdel-Rahmna, Richard Reid, Ramzi Yousef, etc.)

They basically are put in a small cell 23 hours a day and are never allowed to talk or interact with anyone. He has been crying to the local paper here about his treatment:

Olympic Bomber Bemoans Prison Conditions

AP
FLORENCE, Colo. (AP) - Olympic bomber Eric Rudolph laments in a series of letters to a newspaper that the maximum-security federal prison where he is spending the rest of his life is designed to drive him insane.

"It is a closed-off world designed to isolate inmates from social and environmental stimuli, with the ultimate purpose of causing mental illness and chronic physical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and arthritis," he wrote in one letter to The Gazette of Colorado Springs.

Rudolph wrote that he spends 23 hours a day in his 7-by-12-foot cell, his only exercise confined to an enclosed area he described as a "large empty swimming pool" divided into "dog-kennel style cages."

"Using solitary confinement, Supermax is designed to inflict as much misery and pain as is constitutionally permissible," he wrote in a letter.

One of Rudolph's victims had no sympathy for him.

"It gives me a great deal of pride to think he's never coming out of there," said Diane Derzis, who runs a Birmingham, Ala., women's clinic Rudolph bombed in 1998. "He should never see daylight again."

The newspaper reported in its Sunday editions that it has corresponded by mail with Rudolph for more than a year, and prison officials have refused the paper's request to interview Rudolph.

The Gazette refused Rudolph's request that it publish his writings in their entirety. The newspaper said if it published articles, it would print portions of the letters as long as they were not hate literature or libelous.

Rudolph, an anti-government extremist, pleaded guilty in April 2005 to setting the bomb that killed one person and wounded more than 100 at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, and three other bombings, including a fatal explosion at a Birmingham clinic.
A close friend of mine works at that prison as a CO....He says they have some of everybody down there....Including people we went to high school with.

PrepDogg
12-11-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm sure if he just gives it half a chance he'll learn to love it. :lol:

Clumpy
12-12-2006, 02:23 AM
1-800-cry-baby

He should have gotten the death penalty :mad:

unifiedtheory
12-12-2006, 04:00 AM
He should try 24 hours in a coffin.

Exactly!

ih8brady
12-12-2006, 07:27 AM
[quote]Supermax
[quote]

What an intimidating mane for a prison, it sounds like a grocery store.
Anyway I'll take the solitary confinement over beatings and rape.

Yeah, I never got the "I'm lonely in confinement" stuff. If your potential company are rapists and killers, why wouldnt you want to be alone?

inFINSible
12-12-2006, 07:58 AM
I know it's not easy and I know they do everything they can to make sure it doesn't happen but, there are ways that he can kill himself.....and since he's got all this free time, I think he should be able to figure out a way to do it.

I do have sympathy for anyone who is labeled an "anti-government extremist" but, not for those that kill innocent people.

If you're so miserable, kill yourself, Mr. Rudolph, otherwise suffer in silence.

Timmy54
12-12-2006, 10:51 AM
this is the same guy that gave him self up cause he was tired of hiding in the NC mountains. he is lucky they dont have a general population, he would be killed within a week.

SpurzN703
12-12-2006, 01:32 PM

Are the cells soundproof too?

So let me get this straight. They sit in a small cell with nothing in it. Nothing to do. No books, no magazines, no art to create.

Just an empty room with a bed and a toilet.

And they only see humans when they get fed and have an hour of exercise?

It would be MORE harsh if they werent allowed to exercise.