PDA

View Full Version : AI's Future?

WestCKoastiN
12-11-2006, 11:01 PM
any up runners? team that he has the most chances of going to?

UCFinfan86
12-11-2006, 11:32 PM
i keep hearing Boston and Chicago

Chicago is reluctant to trade for him though because doing so would mean they have no chance to get KG.

Boston has the most young talent and from what i hear the best offer. I was hearing West, Telfair, Ratliff, Jefferson, 1st Rounder. Although Boston wants to trade Wally if its get AI and philly doesn't want Wally, so there may need to be a 3rd team involved. Which i then hear maybe to Utah. Utah gets Wally, 76ers get Harpring and something small, and a few of the earlier Boston players

Roman529
12-12-2006, 01:13 AM
The Sixers lost their 8th straight game tonight....a two point loss....they are not going to win many games with or without AI....they only had about 11,000 fans at the game in Philly tonight. I have been reading the Philly web sites and every day they talk about some teams that might be interested...I think it may take several teams to make this work. NBA rules make it tough to trade a guy like AI because the Sixers would have to get back enough guys to equal AI's big salary. I hope AI goes to a place where he can challenge for a ring.

Buddwalk
12-12-2006, 02:02 AM
boston celtics...76ers get wally, gerald green, and rajon rondo and a 1st round pick

celtics get allen iverson

icephinfan
12-12-2006, 02:06 AM
Stephen A. Smith thinks the Pacers will make a move.

PressCoverage
12-12-2006, 03:14 AM
as a Celts fan, please allow to say, no thanks... a 30+ yearold ball hog who's not a natural PG... shoots 38%, takes 83% of the team's shots, and ... well... just wouldn't look good in green...

LightsOut
12-12-2006, 04:08 AM
sacramento for bibby and others.

Ferretsquig
12-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Charlotte offered garbage and the offer was accepted, but AI reportedly turned it down. All it really shows is that Philly isn't going to get much for him. Any thoughts of all star players and first round picks only exist in the dreams of philli writers.

Majpain
12-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Minnesota

Sixers get
Davis, Foye, Jaric/Griffin.

AI and KG would dominate.

NJFINSFAN1
12-12-2006, 03:22 PM
The Warriors reportedly are dangling Jason Richardson (who has missed the last four games with a sore knee), as well as Adonal Foyle.

Joneal7
12-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Stephen A. Smith thinks the Pacers will make a move.

man id love that..paring him up with Jermaine

dob72
12-12-2006, 04:40 PM
well not the bobcats

A trade that would have sent disgruntled guard Allen Iverson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3094) to the Charlotte Bobcats (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=cha) died Monday when Iverson indicated his displeasure with the deal, a source told the Philadelphia Inquirer on Tuesday.

icephinfan
12-12-2006, 05:13 PM
I would love for A.I to play for L.A.

The Clippers that is.:lol:

icephinfan
12-12-2006, 05:18 PM
According to a league source, Golden State is the front-runner for Allen Iverson's services, offering a package that would include guard Baron Davis and a couple of young players. According to another league source, the Celtics remain on the list of teams in contention for Iverson, along with Minnesota, Indiana, Chicago, Denver, Charlotte, Sacramento, Dallas, and the Clippers.
-- Boston Globe

There is speculation of Allen Iverson trade discussions with the Clippers that could net some combination of Corey Maggette, Sam Cassell, Zeljko Rebraca and a first-round draft choice, and whispers of talks with the Nuggets surrounding something that could include J.R. Smith, Eduardo Najera and Nene.
-- Philadelphia Daily News

The Sixers, according to a source, were close to sending Allen Iverson to the Charlotte Bobcats for a package of players, but Iverson indicated his displeasure with being sent to the Bobcats.
-- Charlotte Observer

Majpain
12-12-2006, 06:20 PM
HE doesnt want to play for GS. He is either going to the Celtics, Bulls, T-Wolves, Clippers and Denver. I'm hoping for T-Wolves :pray:

DonShula84
12-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Clippers need to do something. If they could get AI without losing Livingston they have to consider it. I like Cassell but he old and doesnt even play much now that Livingston has taken over.

Majpain
12-14-2006, 12:22 AM
I think we will get a answer on friday.

Alex44
12-14-2006, 12:25 AM
Iverson WANTS to go to Miami or LA (Clippers)

Trust me he will go where HE wants. All he has to do is say 'I wont play there' and the other team will back away.

Rumor from Miami is: Jason Williams/James Posey/Antoine Walker for AI

Rumor from LA is: Maggette and a couple other guys for AI

PHINATIC13
12-14-2006, 12:34 AM
I think we will get a answer on friday.

no pun intended....

Majpain
12-14-2006, 01:20 AM
Alex you forgot the part Where AI is best friends with KG and would like to goto Minny. He wouldnt work in Miami. Clippers would work.

Majpain
12-14-2006, 01:21 AM
no pun intended....
Yea I was deciding to put no pun intended but what ever :lol:

Section126
12-14-2006, 02:11 AM
Alex you forgot the part Where AI is best friends with KG and would like to goto Minny. He wouldnt work in Miami. Clippers would work.

He's also great friends with SHAQ and buddy buddy with Wade...

AI will go where he wants to go.

The Wolves would still suck with him. I think he knows that. Nevermind that KG is now playing GM and demanding that Foye not go in a trade.

Majpain
12-14-2006, 02:22 AM
The Wolves would not suck. I dont see why they would.

RWhitney014
12-14-2006, 02:23 AM

Trust me he will go where HE wants. All he has to do is say 'I wont play there' and the other team will back away.

Rumor from LA is: Maggette and a couple other guys for AI

Give them Wayne Simien and a first rounder instead of Posey and I do it. Trading Posey and Walker puts a lot of pressure on Wright and leaves us very thin on the bench at the 3. But a lineup of AI, Wade, Posey, Haslem, and Shaq when they're all healthy with Wright, Zo, GP, and Hite coming off the bench...man...

Fresh
12-14-2006, 02:41 AM
Allen Iverson is going where he wants to go, as long as that team wants him and is willing to give up enough for him. Pat Riley openly came out tonight after Miami's loss and said that he's interested and looking into the possibilities. Shaq & AI are friends, and Wade & AI are friends. People overrate Iverson's "ball hogging tendancies" and I think he just wants to win. It'd definitely work. With a team full of players who all have rings, he'd be a spark Miami's needs. And with unselfish superstars like Shaq & Wade, AI would be just fine. If Philly strikes a deal with a team and AI doesn't want to go there, then guess what? It's not happening.

He said he doesn't really want to go out West, but I think he'd play with KG. I think Minnesota, Boston, & Miami right now are the only places he'd like to play. I'd put the Clippers up there, but they just basically listed Shaun Livingston as "untouchable" so scratch them from the table. Golden State seems to have all the pieces, but they really don't want to give up on Biedrins or Monta Ellis in a package including Baron Davis and Mickael Pietrus, and I wouldn't either. The thing is, for Iverson.. he has to feel comfortable that he can win in his new situation, after whoever trades for him gives up so much. That's why, homerism aside, I'd call Miami a true contender as he'd without question be playing with Wade, Shaq, and most likely Haslem and Zo.

I'd call Minnesota the front runners with Randy Foye on the table, but who knows right now?

DonShula84
12-14-2006, 07:11 AM
He could probably be a Clipper tomorrow from the sound of things if they'd just be willing to part with Livingston. Just do it already this team is sinking fast and desperately needs someone who can score and free up Brand.

NJFINSFAN1
12-14-2006, 09:12 AM
The Miami rumor is all over the radio today!

phunwin
12-14-2006, 09:46 AM

With Billy King running the Sixers, it's entirely possible that Miami could steal Iverson from them. I am very concerned about this possibility. If King takes that deal, he's officially passed Isiah Thomas for Worst GM in the NBA status.

Minnesota makes the most sense, if they can piece together an offer that works with the salary cap. Kevin Garnett is the perfect complement to Iverson, and the T-Wolves would get good in a hurry if they could make that happen.

ILPhinFan88
12-14-2006, 09:59 AM
With Billy King running the Sixers, it's entirely possible that Miami could steal Iverson from them. I am very concerned about this possibility. If King takes that deal, he's officially passed Isiah Thomas for Worst GM in the NBA status.

Minnesota makes the most sense, if they can piece together an offer that works with the salary cap. Kevin Garnett is the perfect complement to Iverson, and the T-Wolves would get good in a hurry if they could make that happen.

Exactly I dont like that offer for AI.:fire:

Ferretsquig
12-14-2006, 10:58 AM

A little math helps. That trade is impossible.

A more likely Miami trade would be JWill, Posey or Walker, Wright for AI

Only problem with giving them both Posey and Wright is that leaves this team with Walker at the SF again......and noone wants to see that. But I can't see any team being stupid enough to take Walker and his deal off Riley's hands.

DeathStar
12-14-2006, 11:09 AM
i believe that trade works, the money issue is fine.

icephinfan
12-14-2006, 12:23 PM
This morning on cold PIZZA, they said that Pat Riley has as much interest in A.I. as he had in Shaq. That is alot of interest. It is a matter of the Heat finding another team to make a significant deal.

DeathStar
12-14-2006, 12:27 PM
only untouchable we have is wade.

icephinfan
12-14-2006, 12:29 PM
only untouchable we have is wade.

Yeah, possible names are Walker,Posey,J.Wil and a pick.

trate121hb
12-14-2006, 12:38 PM
hes coming to the heat baby!

trate121hb
12-14-2006, 12:40 PM
id give them walker just because..........if we get AI we definitely have a better shot of winning the whole thing....swiis beats

Ferretsquig
12-14-2006, 01:22 PM
i believe that trade works, the money issue is fine.

Thats why realGM made the trade checker and espn ripped them off. People can't add.

icephinfan
12-14-2006, 01:24 PM
ESPNEWS just said Riley's interest is Quote "HEATING UP"

like2god
12-14-2006, 01:26 PM
I really doubt that the Heat will get Iverson.

Kings, Warriors and the Nuggets are the most likely destinations.

ILPhinFan88
12-14-2006, 01:41 PM

I wish he would go to the West dont want to have to play/root against him. But I bet he ends up in the East somewhere which will really suck.

phunwin
12-14-2006, 01:45 PM
For what it's worth, here's Chad Ford's take on a AI to Miami scenario...

rob (ny,ny): any chance Miami lands ai with a package of james posey jason williams dorrel wright and a 2008 1st and second round pick ?

Chad Ford: (12:06 PM ET ) I know the Sixers are desperate to get rid of AI ... but that desperate? I do like Dorrel Wright ... but that extra year on Jason Williams contract (it expires in the summer of 2008) probably kills the deal. Besides, a backcourt of AI and Dwyane Wade may be overkill.

NJFINSFAN1
12-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Vince Carter for AI rumors going around.

icephinfan
12-14-2006, 01:52 PM

The Warriors want the Clippers to get in a three team trade with the Sixers. A.I. to the Warriors, Dunleavy and a pick to the Clippers and Livingston and anothr player and a pick to the Sixers.

According to ESPN, but never count out RILEY.

They said he has much interest in A.I. as he did in Shaq when he was up for a trade.

like2god
12-14-2006, 01:53 PM
I wish he would go to the West dont want to have to play/root against him. But I bet he ends up in the East somewhere which will really suck.

I don't really care where he goes as long as the Knicks stay away from him. They have enough problems and headaches on their team, they don't need another guy that dominates the ball. :shakeno:

phunwin
12-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Vince Carter for AI rumors going around.

That would be bizarre. On the one hand, New Jersey would basically be trading a slashing, attack-the-basket guard in his prime for one who's got a lot of miles on his tires. On the other hand, NJ would be trading a woman for a man. So it evens out.

NJFINSFAN1
12-14-2006, 01:57 PM
That would be bizarre. On the one hand, New Jersey would basically be trading a slashing, attack-the-basket guard in his prime for one who's got a lot of miles on his tires. On the other hand, NJ would be trading a woman for a man. So it evens out.

:lol: The word is carter is a FA after the season and may go anyway. Carter would put people in the seats in Philly, and they think AI playing with Kidd would be good.

Problem is it makes Jersey smaller, and we are small to begin with.

It also just maybe to keep him out of Miami.

phunwin
12-14-2006, 02:19 PM
I don't really care where he goes as long as the Knicks stay away from him. They have enough problems and headaches on their team, they don't need another guy that dominates the ball. :shakeno:

Actually, the Knicks would have made sense if Isiah Thomas hadn't screwed things up yet again. A package with Jalen Rose's expiring contract as the centerpiece would have been enticing to the Sixers, as it would have cleared nearly $17M off their cap for 2007-8. Problems with Iverson and Marbury fighting to the death over the ball? No problem, turn the trade into Rose and Marbury for Iverson and Webber. I believe that works under the 15% rule, or at the very least, is close enough that a minor contract could be thrown in. The Sixers would have been overjoyed to get rid of those two contracts and lop off a huge amount of their cap for the offseason. Throw in a first round pick, and the Sixers would have done that in a heartbeat. Remember, their first priority is cap relief. Talent is their second.

A Knicks starting five of Curry, Frye, Lee, Richardson and Iverson would NOT be bad. It would be a damn sight better than the crap they're trotting out now. Iverson, of course, is a ballhog. We know that. The Knicks, however, actually have guys who play to his strengths: Lee, Frye and Renaldo Balkman are good defenders who don't need the ball, and work their butts off for rebounds. Jared Jefferies, if he could get healthy, would be another one along those lines. Eddy Curry's a good low post scorer (with no other discernable skills). Richardson has found his outside stroke once again. That's a group that complements Iverson fairly well.

The bench would be shortened: Crawford, Webber (when healthy), Balkman and Jefferies (when healthy) would be the only guys to play. Steve Francis would be there only to back up Iverson, which means he'd play about 8 min. per game.

Only problem: Thomas, who's been waiting for a fire sale exactly like this since he took over as GM, finally gave up and bought out Rose's contract before the season.

phunwin
12-14-2006, 02:26 PM
:lol: The word is carter is a FA after the season and may go anyway. Carter would put people in the seats in Philly, and they think AI playing with Kidd would be good.

Problem is it makes Jersey smaller, and we are small to begin with.

It also just maybe to keep him out of Miami.

Thank you, thank you very much. :)

Seriously though, while it makes NJ smaller, it's not like Iverson is any worse defensively than Carter is. And it's not like either of those guys have much value in the low post. So I wouldn't worry about the "small-ball" aspect of it. The only thing NJ would really lose is outside shooting; Carter's a significantly better outside shooter than Iverson.

But, as I implied, they wouldn't have to worry about Iverson mailing it in or not trying when he feels like it. His practice habits suck, but when the lights go on, no one works harder than Iverson, or plays through more pain. Carter fakes back spasms like he's trying for workers' comp. Knock him down once, and he's shooting jumpers (this is probably part of the reason he's such a good outside shooter: practice).

Roman529
12-14-2006, 02:27 PM
I still think he will end up in Golden State....I would trade AI for Biedrins, Baron Davis, Mike Dunleavy and a 1st rounder.

icephinfan
12-14-2006, 02:28 PM

Your wish will come true, they said on espnews that I. Thomas doesn't want him. Not too metion the Knicks don't want to give up there young players.

like2god
12-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Actually, the Knicks would have made sense if Isiah Thomas hadn't screwed things up yet again. A package with Jalen Rose's expiring contract as the centerpiece would have been enticing to the Sixers, as it would have cleared nearly $17M off their cap for 2007-8. Problems with Iverson and Marbury fighting to the death over the ball? No problem, turn the trade into Rose and Marbury for Iverson and Webber. I believe that works under the 15% rule, or at the very least, is close enough that a minor contract could be thrown in. The Sixers would have been overjoyed to get rid of those two contracts and lop off a huge amount of their cap for the offseason. Throw in a first round pick, and the Sixers would have done that in a heartbeat. Remember, their first priority is cap relief. Talent is their second.

A Knicks starting five of Curry, Frye, Lee, Richardson and Iverson would NOT be bad. It would be a damn sight better than the crap they're trotting out now. Iverson, of course, is a ballhog. We know that. The Knicks, however, actually have guys who play to his strengths: Lee, Frye and Renaldo Balkman are good defenders who don't need the ball, and work their butts off for rebounds. Jared Jefferies, if he could get healthy, would be another one along those lines. Eddy Curry's a good low post scorer (with no other discernable skills). Richardson has found his outside stroke once again. That's a group that complements Iverson fairly well.

The bench would be shortened: Crawford, Webber (when healthy), Balkman and Jefferies (when healthy) would be the only guys to play. Steve Francis would be there only to back up Iverson, which means he'd play about 8 min. per game.

Only problem: Thomas, who's been waiting for a fire sale exactly like this since he took over as GM, finally gave up and bought out Rose's contract before the season.

I don't think that Marbury has any value left. He is already grumbling about the way Isiah is using him. What team is going to want him after the lasy 2 years of madness? The Sixers would want more than a package of Rose (if he was still here) and Marbury. You could figure they would ask for Frye, Lee and maybe Nate along with a 1st rounder (that isn't really ours, Isiah gave Chicago the chance to flip flop with us :shakeno: ) added to any offer we could make them.

On a side note, I like the way Curry is playing right now, even if it's only a ploy by Isiah to pad Curry's stats to save his job.

DeathStar
12-14-2006, 04:17 PM
like AI wants to go the knicks.....hahaha....he will kill that deal cause he knows the knicks SUCK.

Dolfan11
12-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Jason Williams, James Posey, Antoine Walker, Wayne Simeon

for

Allen Iverson and Kyle Korver???

I think I'm just dreaming...

Vertical Limit
12-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Jason Williams, James Posey, Antoine Walker, Wayne Simeon

for

Allen Iverson and Kyle Korver???

I think I'm just dreaming...
Umm, take away James Posey from that deal. He's too perfect in this system to trade away. We barely have any good perimeter shooters to begin with, and James Posey IMO is a better shooter than Allen Iverson.

DeathStar
12-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Umm, take away James Posey from that deal. He's too perfect in this system to trade away. We barely have any good perimeter shooters to begin with, and James Posey IMO is a better shooter than Allen Iverson.

ya gotta give the 76ers SOME GOOD PLAYER and not all bums. :lol:

only untouchable is wade.

Dolfan11
12-14-2006, 06:48 PM
ya gotta give the 76ers SOME GOOD PLAYER and not all bums. :lol:

only untouchable is wade.

Exactly. Haslem and Posey resigned to play here. However, if you have to give up some level of talent and it's between Haslem or Posey, I rather keep Haslem.

Fresh
12-14-2006, 06:53 PM

Scratch the Warriors because they are not willing to part with Beidrins or Monta Ellis, along with Baron Davis and Mickael Pietrus. I also don't see how Melo/AI would work.. Melo is a ****ing ball hog. As for the Kings, maybe so, but from what I've heard Iverson does NOT want to go there.

AI wants to be teamed up with another All-Star caliber player.

Some of you guys are forgetting how much of this relies on what AI wants. No one is going to trade for an Allen Iverson who says, "I'd prefer to play elsewhere." - With so many of these proposed deals, like Sac & GS, after the deal is done, Iverson would be all they've got, and surely that's just not good enough in this league. What would be the sense in that, from AI's perspective? This is why I think Miami/Denver/LAC are the TRUE front runners, just because of Wade/Shaq.. Melo.. Brand. Philly is persistant on getting Livingston though, so to me, they're a scratch.

Vertical Limit
12-14-2006, 06:59 PM
What are the chances that a deal will not get done and the 76ers decide to suspend him for the season? Remember, Indiana was about to do that to Artest last year if he didn't go where they wanted to trade him to.

Fresh
12-14-2006, 07:01 PM
What are the chances that a deal will not get done and the 76ers decide to suspend him for the season? Remember, Indiana was about to do that to Artest last year if he didn't go where they wanted to trade him to.
I don't think that's gonna happen, because actually.. the longer they wait, the lesser his value may be. Next year, it'll be way down. Removing AI from the active roster was a huge mistake for Philly in these negotiations.

Alex44
12-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Scratch the Warriors because they are not willing to part with Beidrins or Monta Ellis, along with Baron Davis and Mickael Pietrus. I also don't see how Melo/AI would work.. Melo is a ****ing ball hog. As for the Kings, maybe so, but from what I've heard Iverson does NOT want to go there.

AI wants to be teamed up with another All-Star caliber player.

Some of you guys are forgetting how much of this relies on what AI wants. No one is going to trade for an Allen Iverson who says, "I'd prefer to play elsewhere." - With so many of these proposed deals, like Sac & GS, after the deal is done, Iverson would be all they've got, and surely that's just not good enough in this league. What would be the sense in that, from AI's perspective? This is why I think Miami/Denver/LAC are the TRUE front runners, just because of Wade/Shaq.. Melo.. Brand. Philly is persistant on getting Livingston though, so to me, they're a scratch.

Its like some analyst said, I forget who but.

'If your break the bank for AI and give your good young players then you become the 76ers. Why would you do that?'

DonShula84
12-14-2006, 07:13 PM
The Warriors want the Clippers to get in a three team trade with the Sixers. A.I. to the Warriors, Dunleavy and a pick to the Clippers and Livingston and anothr player and a pick to the Sixers.

According to ESPN, but never count out RILEY.

They said he has much interest in A.I. as he did in Shaq when he was up for a trade.

We told the sixers we wouldnt trade Livingston for AI, I dont see us doing it for Dunleavy. Unless taking on the extra salary was really the issue

FinsNYanksFan13
12-14-2006, 07:15 PM
Will the Sixers trade this guy already and get it over with. I mean damn, talk about dragging something out!

Roman529
12-14-2006, 08:33 PM
The PTI guys said it looks like Miami is showing a lot of interest...that might be a good fit for AI as he would not need to shot it much with D-Wade there....and the Sixers can get back some decent players as well. :tongue:

DonShula84
12-14-2006, 08:38 PM
The PTI guys said it looks like Miami is showing a lot of interest...that might be a good fit for AI as he would not need to shot it much with D-Wade there....and the Sixers can get back some decent players as well. :tongue:

The problem is he wants to shoot it a lot. I'd think that would be a horrible fit because he'd have to share with Wade and Shaq when he's healthy.

Fresh
12-14-2006, 08:52 PM
I think AI is at the point right now where he'd do anything to win.

AI & Wade can still get their 24-28 PPG, with Shaq about 14/10 now.

Amars
12-14-2006, 09:25 PM
The reason AI I believe will not go to the Heats is because Philly will not trade him to Eastern Conference. They will trade him West. Same deal with Shaq here in LA. Why do you think the majority of the teams in the mix are Western Conf. Teams.

Fresh
12-14-2006, 10:53 PM
If Allen Iverson comes out and says he doesn't want to go out West, then why would a Western Conference team want him, knowing that it's not his preference? An unhappy Iverson elsewhere is just a repeat of what's going on right now in Philly. Why bother get into that? I don't think he wants to play anywhere that doesn't have an All-Star caliber player already on its roster, i.e. Brand, Melo, & KG.. basically the only options out West, period. Seems like a lot, but it also seems like the Clips won't budge on Livingston and the Nuggets won't budge on Camby and/or JR Smith. I think it's pretty evident that one man can't carry a team all by himself anymore in this league. There has to be some type of help, and in order to win a championship, there has to be a lot of help.

Stop saying he "won't" go here & there. Leave that to King, AI, and the teams.

Amars
12-14-2006, 11:59 PM
If Allen Iverson comes out and says he doesn't want to go out West, then why would a Western Conference team want him, knowing that it's not his preference? An unhappy Iverson elsewhere is just a repeat of what's going on right now in Philly. Why bother get into that? I don't think he wants to play anywhere that doesn't have an All-Star caliber player already on its roster, i.e. Brand, Melo, & KG.. basically the only options out West, period. Seems like a lot, but it also seems like the Clips won't budge on Livingston and the Nuggets won't budge on Camby and/or JR Smith. I think it's pretty evident that one man can't carry a team all by himself anymore in this league. There has to be some type of help, and in order to win a championship, there has to be a lot of help.

Stop saying he "won't" go here & there. Leave that to King, AI, and the teams.

This is the same thing they said about Artest that he will be cancer if he doesnt get what he wants. Bottom line Artest wanted to play after waiting so long to be traded. The same situation I see happening here. Wait about 6 weeks and see who gives them the best deal then ship em out of the conference. AI doesnt have a a no trade clause so its not his decision on where he wants to play. Billy King already said he tired of AI and has no influence on where he goes. If he wants to play on championship team the west is where he has the best luck they are playing .700 basketball and probably have the top 5-6 NBA teams before u have a east team in the mix.

Alex44
12-15-2006, 12:09 AM
This is the same thing they said about Artest that he will be cancer if he doesnt get what he wants. Bottom line Artest wanted to play after waiting so long to be traded. The same situation I see happening here. Wait about 6 weeks and see who gives them the best deal then ship em out of the conference. AI doesnt have a a no trade clause so its not his decision on where he wants to play. Billy King already said he tired of AI and has no influence on where he goes. If he wants to play on championship team the west is where he has the best luck they are playing .700 basketball and probably have the top 5-6 NBA teams before u have a east team in the mix.

Your joking right?

The East is going to be far easier to actually GET there and once your there then you only have one team to beat. If your in the West you have to go through all those tough teams just to get to the finals.

AI wont go West, who cares what the GM says? AI WILL affect whatever trade goes down, all he has to do is say 'I dont want to play for you' and that team is going to back away.

Amars
12-15-2006, 12:13 AM
Your joking right?

The East is going to be far easier to actually GET there and once your there then you only have one team to beat. If your in the West you have to go through all those tough teams just to get to the finals.

AI wont go West, who cares what the GM says? AI WILL affect whatever trade goes down, all he has to do is say 'I dont want to play for you' and that team is going to back away.

He sure has done that playing in the Eastern Conference. The west is where all the good teams are at and Billy King is not going to take anyone in a trade when he can get Magette or Baron Davis.

PHINATIC13
12-15-2006, 12:22 AM
Also in my opinion it sets a bad precedence for the league,you can't let a player (I don't care who he is)dictate to a team where he can and cannot to be traded to(if he's the asking for the trade in the first place).I don't care what his issues are/were in Philly.I'd send AI to witchever team offered the best deal.Hell let his new team worry about wether or not he wants to play in that city.

PHINATIC13
12-15-2006, 12:23 AM
He sure has done that playing in the Eastern Conference. The west is where all the good teams are at and Billy King is not going to take anyone in a trade when he can get Magette or Baron Davis.

off topic Amars,but that sig kicks *** bro!

Alex44
12-15-2006, 12:27 AM

Playing by himself.

You put him on an Eastern team with a star and you have yourself a team that could easily win it all.

You put him on a team in the West and you still need to go through San Antonio, Dallas, Utah, Houston, and a handful of very good teams.

Iverson DOESNT want to play on the West Coast, and no team will take his baggage if he doesnt want to play there. LA is the ONLY possible West Coast team he will play for

Alex44
12-15-2006, 12:28 AM
Also in my opinion it sets a bad precedence for the league,you can't let a player (I don't care who he is)dictate to a team where he can and cannot to be traded to(if he's the asking for the trade in the first place).I don't care what his issues are/were in Philly.I'd send AI to witchever team offered the best deal.Hell let his new team worry about wether or not he wants to play in that city.

You are absolutely missing the point.

Philli doesnt care where he goes. But if your a team that AI says he doesnt want to play for why would you take him?

DeathStar
12-15-2006, 12:40 AM

Philli doesnt care where he goes. But if your a team that AI says he doesnt want to play for why would you take him?

yep, trade makes no sense. AI is already loaded and doesn't need the money. The new team loses out cause they get nothing in return.

Amars
12-15-2006, 12:45 AM
yep, trade makes no sense. AI is already loaded and doesn't need the money. The new team loses out cause they get nothing in return.

Money is not the issue for AI his contract guaranteed. The issue is what is best for the 76ers. Who gonna give them the best deal that will not hurt the 76ers. Young good players, expiring contracts and whatever else interest Billy King. The report that AI decided not to go to the bobcat was a bunch a BS.

PHINATIC13
12-15-2006, 12:47 AM

And you're giving AI way too much credit if you think he has a say so in the matter.

Philli doesnt care where he goes.But if your a team that AI says he doesnt want to play for why would you take him?
Really? I am looking at this from phillies prospective.So you think AI would rather stay in Philly(rot in hell) instead of going to any other team.It's BS AI's trying to dictate where he'll go,believe me he'll go and PLAY wherever he's sent.

Amars
12-15-2006, 01:01 AM

And you're giving AI way too much credit if you think he has a say so in the matter.

Philli doesnt care where he goes.But if your a team that AI says he doesnt want to play for why would you take him?
Really? I am looking at this from phillies prospective.So you think AI would rather stay in Philly(rot in hell) instead of going to any other team.It's BS AI's trying to dictate where he'll go,believe me he'll go and PLAY wherever he's sent.

:yeahthat:

They change the rules in regards to this when Zo and Vince Carter did that crap. Now the team fines you your game check for conduct detrimental to the team. Once he start missing $220,000 per game check you can book it that he will play.

Alex44
12-15-2006, 01:02 AM

Really? Why isnt he playing for the Bobcats then? They had a package that Philli accepted. AI said he wouldnt play there, and the trade didnt happen.

Your not giving him enough credit

DeathStar
12-15-2006, 01:04 AM
Really? Why isnt he playing for the Bobcats then? They had a package that Philli accepted. AI said he wouldnt play there, and the trade didnt happen.

he already killed one deal thus he has say where is he going.

the more important question is WTF IS PAT RILEY DOING?

Amars
12-15-2006, 01:05 AM

The GM from bobcat said they never was close to a offer.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/basketball/nba/charlotte_bobcats/16222611.htm

When the 76ers say AI denied the deal then I'll believe it. Not some newspaper beat reporter.

Charlotte Bobcats coach Bernie Bickerstaff angrily denied a report in today’s Philadelphia Inquirer, saying the Bobcats were close to a deal to acquire Allen Iverson.

“No. That’s the biggest crap I’ve ever seen,’’ Bickerstaff said of a report that Iverson killed a deal by saying he wouldn’t play for the Bobcats. (Read the Philadelphia report. )

Bickerstaff said he never was close to a deal to acquire Iverson. Rather, Bickerstaff said, he offered the team’s abundance of salary-cap room as a potential aid to Sixers chief Billy King.

“Our situation with Billy King,’’ Bickerstaff said, “would be acting as a facilitator if that works to help us.’’

In other news, Bickerstaff said center Primoz Brezec will replace forward Adam Morrison in the starting lineup Wednesday against the Cleveland Cavaliers. That will restore the group Bickerstaff originally wanted to start: Raymond Felton, Brevin Knight, Gerald Wallace, Emeka Okafor and Primoz Brezec.

Bickerstaff also wants to take some pressure off rookie Morrison, who shot 4-of-34 in his last four games.

“We want him to be comfortable – just be Adam,’’ Bickerstaff said. “He just need to relax and that will come.’’

PHINATIC13
12-15-2006, 01:14 AM

ok...:rolleyes2

WestCKoastiN
12-15-2006, 02:05 AM
According to a league source, Golden State is the front-runner for Allen Iverson's services, offering a package that would include guard Baron Davis and a couple of young players. According to another league source, the Celtics remain on the list of teams in contention for Iverson, along with Minnesota, Indiana, Chicago, Denver, Charlotte, Sacramento, Dallas, and the Clippers.
-- Boston Globe

There is speculation of Allen Iverson trade discussions with the Clippers that could net some combination of Corey Maggette, Sam Cassell, Zeljko Rebraca and a first-round draft choice, and whispers of talks with the Nuggets surrounding something that could include J.R. Smith, Eduardo Najera and Nene.
-- Philadelphia Daily News

The Sixers, according to a source, were close to sending Allen Iverson to the Charlotte Bobcats for a package of players, but Iverson indicated his displeasure with being sent to the Bobcats.
-- Charlotte Observer

that would be sweet im a laker/clipper fan any one is fine.

Alex44
12-15-2006, 02:10 AM
The GM from bobcat said they never was close to a offer.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/basketball/nba/charlotte_bobcats/16222611.htm

When the 76ers say AI denied the deal then I'll believe it. Not some newspaper beat reporter.

Thats called 'saving face'

What is he supposed to say 'AI didnt wanna play here so we said forget it.'?

You realize how bad that makes you as a GM sound? There is a reason its widely accepted among respectable sources and media.

phunwin
12-15-2006, 09:16 AM

The more I see, the more Miami (amazingly) makes sense. The Sixers want cap relief and young talent. A package of Posey, Williams and Wright/Simien does that. Posey comes off the cap this year, Williams next, and Wright or Simien is a quality prospect. They might have to throw in a first rounder, but it might work.

Personally, I think that's a crap package for Iverson, but no one else is really stepping up with a big offer, and Billy King is a complete idiot, so it might happen.

Ferretsquig
12-15-2006, 12:15 PM
its the post...take it for what its worth.....

The under-capped (14M) Bobcats never wanted Iverson in the first place thus they somehow resisted giving up Sean May, Raymond Felton and Gerald Wallace. The Pacers talks never went anywhere worthwhile.
The Nuggets are desperately trying to pawn off Nene's base-compensation, $60M ($8M this season) six-year albatross, by far, last summer's league-worst free agent signing. Using Charlotte's cap space is their only avenue to concoct a trade . . . if someone were remotely interested in an obscenely overpaid, broken down, second-string, unskilled laborer.

The Kings won't give up Kevin Martin. The Bulls won't give up Ben Gordon and, in reality, never had any conversation with the 76ers. Yeah, that'd work, Iverson, his headband and Scott Skiles.

The Mavericks would only be enticed should the 76ers buy out Iverson and he became a free agent. That'll never happen. I guarantee that with the same certainty I assure you Allen will never play another game for the 76ers. The Blazers aren't the least bit tempted by Iverson. Nene appeals to them even less. The Lakers are intrigued in Iverson but don't have the resources to get something done, especially now with Lamar Odom (torn knee ligament) sidelined for six weeks or more.

As far as I can determine, that leaves Boston, maybe Minnesota (should the 76ers cave and consent to long-term obligations of, say, Troy Hudson or Marko) and Miami.
The Celtics won't give up Al Jefferson, maybe, Gerald Green, too.

The Heat make the most sense. They've got three expiring contracts within the next two seasons. James Posey is up at the end of this one, while Jason Williams and Michael Doleac are up the year after. In addition, they flaunt Dorell Wright, a young, promising stud. I'm not saying Miami is prepared to part with Wright. With or without him, the salaries meet league specifications.

More importantly, the Heat have Pat Riley, who unquestionably has earned Iverson's attention and respect. At the same time, the team is presided over by Shaquille O'Neal and Dwyane Wade, two celestial presences who should be able to keep him moderately focused, at least as long as he believes there's a title to be had.

For the reasons listed I think its more likely a three team trade is what eventually occurs. The Bobcats can come out as the big winners, picking up some talented players without giving up anything in return.

Amars
12-15-2006, 12:44 PM
Thats called 'saving face'

What is he supposed to say 'AI didnt wanna play here so we said forget it.'?

You realize how bad that makes you as a GM sound? There is a reason its widely accepted among respectable sources and media.

Ya just like TO suicide attempt. Like I said before I'll believe when it comes from the 76ers not a philly beat writer.

Roman529
12-15-2006, 02:53 PM
[quote=PHINATIC13]

They change the rules in regards to this when Zo and Vince Carter did that crap. Now the team fines you your game check for conduct detrimental to the team. Once he start missing $220,000 per game check you can book it that he will play.

Wait a minute....it is the 76ers organization that removed his name plate and told AI not to play......AI was ready to play around the time he announced he wanted a trade, but the team has told him not to come to the Wachovia Center.

FINdestructible
12-15-2006, 03:45 PM
As great a player as AI is, i just don't think he would go well in the Heat. There would definitely be friction between DWade & him. The Heat doesn't need another guard, they need more big men, imho.

Amars
12-15-2006, 03:48 PM
[quote=Amars]

Wait a minute....it is the 76ers organization that removed his name plate and told AI not to play......AI was ready to play around the time he announced he wanted a trade, but the team has told him not to come to the Wachovia Center.

He is getting paid right now from the 76ers. Im saying if traded to a team and doesnt show up to play then that team can choose to fine him. Like Zo did to toronto.

Fresh
12-15-2006, 05:01 PM
There would definitely be friction between DWade & him.
No there wouldn't.

Maybe on a team ran by Isiah Thomas, but not on Pat Riley's team.

King Felix
12-15-2006, 09:54 PM
blazers, nugs, and 76ers almost made a 3 way deal where philly would get magloire and jr. smith? cant remember.........denver gets ai and blazers get nene........that rumor was shot down a few days ago but i havent been able to post it

Alex44
12-15-2006, 10:08 PM
He is getting paid right now from the 76ers. Im saying if traded to a team and doesnt show up to play then that team can choose to fine him. Like Zo did to toronto.

What happens when he doesnt play hard?

Fresh
12-15-2006, 11:25 PM
blazers, nugs, and 76ers almost made a 3 way deal where philly would get magloire and jr. smith? cant remember.........denver gets ai and blazers get nene........that rumor was shot down a few days ago but i havent been able to post it
That 3-way deal to ship AI to Denver is still alive.

The hold up is that Portland wants Kyle Korver from Philly or J.R. Smith from Denver.

Fresh
12-15-2006, 11:40 PM
AI UPDATE:

-Deal with Denver & Portland was looking like an almost done deal, but it has taken a bit of a fall. It's definitely not dead yet. Portland wants Kyle Korver or J.R. Smith, and Philly/Denver aren't exactly willing to budge.

-Philly/LAC are talking again about Iverson and Carney or Korver for Maggette, Mobley, and Cassell or Livingston. Philly definitely wants Livingston, though.

-Miami has offered just about every type of package you can think of, not having to do with Haslem. King wants Haslem AND Wright, and a proposed deal of Williams/Haslem/Wright with maybe a pick may be enough for King to bite.

-Sixers want to get a deal done, but they are patient in waiting for the right one.

Props to my dude on RealGM.. he's always right about his inside info. He dropped knowledge on the EXACT details for the Heat/Lakers, Heat/Grizzlies, and many other deals a day or two in advance to it even being rumored.

Alex44
12-15-2006, 11:54 PM
AI UPDATE:

-Deal with Denver & Portland was looking like an almost done deal, but it has taken a bit of a fall. It's definitely not dead yet. Portland wants Kyle Korver or J.R. Smith, and Philly/Denver aren't exactly willing to budge.

-Philly/LAC are talking again about Iverson and Carney or Korver for Maggette, Mobley, and Cassell or Livingston. Philly definitely wants Livingston, though.

-Miami has offered just about every type of package you can think of, not having to do with Haslem. King wants Haslem AND Wright, and a proposed deal of Williams/Haslem/Wright with maybe a pick may be enough for King to bite.

-Sixers want to get a deal done, but they are patient in waiting for the right one.

Props to my dude on RealGM.. he's always right about his inside info. He dropped knowledge on the EXACT details for the Heat/Lakers, Heat/Grizzlies, and many other deals a day or two in advance to it even being rumored.

Pull the trigger.....as much as I love Wright and Haslem they dont add up to being as good as AI. Even though Wright could be great in the future....I wanna win now, and we can worry about the future when we get there.

305TillIDie
12-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Pull the trigger.....as much as I love Wright and Haslem they dont add up to being as good as AI. Even though Wright could be great in the future....I wanna win now, and we can worry about the future when we get there.not my cuz..noooo :boohoo:

:lol:

Alex44
12-15-2006, 11:57 PM
not my cuz..noooo :boohoo:

:lol:

People there would love him. Hard working guy who gives 110% every night. :yes:

305TillIDie
12-15-2006, 11:59 PM
People there would love him. Hard working guy who gives 110% every night. :yes::yes:

thats one thing Philly would like about him..it would be tough to see him go if it happens

Alex44
12-16-2006, 12:00 AM
thats one thing Philly would like about him..it would be tough to see him go if it happens

Yeah it would, but hey its AI. The guy is amazing. We all love Haslem and he will always be a Miami favorite wherever he goes :yes:

King Felix
12-16-2006, 12:10 AM
woooow, i'd love jr smith.....but idk about korver although he is one of the best shooters in the league.

King Felix
12-16-2006, 12:11 AM
AI UPDATE:

Props to my dude on RealGM.. he's always right about his inside info. He dropped knowledge on the EXACT details for the Heat/Lakers, Heat/Grizzlies, and many other deals a day or two in advance to it even being rumored.who else is portland giving up besides jamaal megaworthless? ive heard stephan graham who is also worthless but its gotta be more than that......and i dont want nene

DeathStar
12-16-2006, 12:46 AM
no way riley gives up haslem.

we aren't getting AI.

thats okay.

wade needs to ****ing come back now.

King Felix
12-16-2006, 02:43 AM
Blazers Have Trade Power
Dec 15 - By late afternoon Thursday, two league sources confirmed the offer of the Nuggets' 2007 first-round draft pick and Nene was still on the table. "If Portland wants to do this, it's there to be done," said one. Now, here's hoping the Blazers hold off, but stick around, and explore the league's interest in Jamaal Magloire.

thats on espn.com nba trade rumours............

i cant freakin believe blazers havent done that yet....i mean i dont really want nene, maybe he could be traded later, but getting a first rounder for megaworthless is such a steal........omgggggg

DeathStar
12-16-2006, 03:22 AM
AI on the blazers....hahahahaha. like he will ever want to go there. no offense to you, but that team stinks. he will never win a ring by going to that team.

Amars
12-16-2006, 03:25 AM
The blazers need all the help they can get they are a disaster since the 2000 season. What the hell happen there C2C?

King Felix
12-16-2006, 03:28 AM
The blazers need all the help they can get they are a disaster since the 2000 season. What the hell happen there C2C?where to start.........:lol: the first season i can remember is the 1999 with brian grant...thats how long ive been following the team

buuuut alot happen'd.....like chokin against the lakers in game 7 :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

but the team now is doing real good, and the future is brighter than ever......plus this season series against lakers 1-0 so far

Amars
12-16-2006, 03:34 AM
where to start.........:lol: the first season i can remember is the 1999 with brian grant...thats how long ive been following the team

buuuut alot happen'd.....like chokin against the lakers in game 7 :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

but the team now is doing real good, and the future is brighter than ever......plus this season series against lakers 1-0 so far

Ill never forget that 4th Qtr in game 7. You guys were up by 15 pts then Brian Shaw and Horry went off from 3pt land. Then kobe alley oop to shaq and that was the end. After that game thats the last time I saw the blazers good.

King Felix
12-16-2006, 03:43 AM
^^learned to hate lakers at an early age....i was watchin on mini tv in the car when my dad and step-mom were playing softball...

icephinfan
12-16-2006, 04:00 AM
Ill never forget that 4th Qtr in game 7. You guys were up by 15 pts then Brian Shaw and Horry went off from 3pt land. Then kobe alley oop to shaq and that was the end. After that game thats the last time I saw the blazers good.

I was at that game.

King Felix
12-16-2006, 04:02 AM
I was at that game.im sorry....

the atmosphere must have been amazing.....i cant wait till the blazers make the playoffs so i can go watch and have that crazy atmosphere

icephinfan
12-16-2006, 04:04 AM
im sorry....

the atmosphere must have been amazing.....i cant wait till the blazers make the playoffs so i can go watch and have that crazy atmosphere

Yeah, it was off the hook. We had good seats. During the 4th quarter Laker fans were like damn, this sucks.:lol:

phinphan896
12-16-2006, 10:28 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Amars
12-16-2006, 12:35 PM
That's pretty good work on photoshop.

Fresh
12-16-2006, 01:25 PM
If AI's traded to a losing team, he won't report:

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/16252525.htm

Iverson has made it clear he will refuse to report to any rebuilding or struggling club hoping to use him as a short-term ATM to fill up the seats and, somewhat less importantly, the basket. The 31-year-old Iverson doesn't have a no-trade clause in his contract, but has the power to scotch any deal because no one doubts that he would sit out rather than lose control of his fate

That scratches teams like Boston..

Alex44
12-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Alonzo Mourning, a friend of Iverson's, said he hasn't called Iverson. "I wouldn't do that," said Mourning. "I'm not into recruiting. I leave that to D-Wade and Shaq." -- Palm Beach Post (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2006/12/16/a9b_heatbar_1216.html)

I thought that was funny :lol:

The longer this drags on the more its seems to be Miami's deal to make or decide not to. No third team, good players with contracts that expire next year and a draft pick?

I just want him to get somewhere so we can all stop making fools of ourselves with this whole thing.

Amars
12-16-2006, 05:47 PM
im all for keeping him in the East. Last thing the Western Conference needs is A.I.

King Felix
12-16-2006, 05:55 PM
im all for keeping him in the East. Last thing the Western Conference needs is A.I.i sort of agree but if that magloire trade goes down then ill take the pick...and sacrifice ai in the west for a year, you gotta think he is goin to demand another trade if they don't win.

ILPhinFan88
12-19-2006, 10:13 AM
:confused2