PDA

View Full Version : Jared Gaither OT, Maryland

weisdolphins
12-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Does anybody know if he's staying in school or is he going to declare in January?

Motion
12-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Last I heard he was staying in school.

weisdolphins
12-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Last I heard he was staying in school.

Since we can't get Joe Thomas that was my second option, oh well. Thanks for the info.

Geforce
12-12-2006, 10:54 AM
There's only two juniors who have publically declared thus far to skip their senior seasons. Fresno State's RB Dwayne Wright and Ole Miss' OLB Rory Johnson.
I think the others like Gaither will contact some NFL personnel to see where they stand before announcing their intentions to skip their senior season or return to school.

Johnson could be a second round pick because of his speed and playmaking abilities. Finished with 94 tackles despite not starting early in the season.

weisdolphins
12-12-2006, 11:16 AM
There's only two juniors who have publically declared thus far to skip their senior seasons. Fresno State's RB Dwayne Wright and Ole Miss' OLB Rory Johnson.
I think the others like Gaither will contact some NFL personnel to see where they stand before announcing their intentions to skip their senior season or return to school.

Johnson could be a second round pick because of his speed and playmaking abilities. Finished with 94 tackles despite not starting early in the season.

Thanks for info

Ronnie23Brown
12-12-2006, 11:20 AM
If Gaither did come out early, and he probably won't, I believe he is considered a top 10 pick. The 2nd rated OT behind Joe Thomas, so the Dolphins would probably not be able to select him anyway. Since we are going to win out and pick around 17 or 18.:D

Boomer
12-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Gaither's actually a sophomore, but he's 3 years removed from high school having been to Hargrave for a year.

weisdolphins
12-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Gaither's actually a sophomore, but he's 3 years removed from high school having been to Hargrave for a year.

Boomer would he be able to declare if he wanted

SR 7
12-17-2006, 09:02 PM

what is johnsons speed adn size and do you know jarrets speed? dindt find nethign on it

Geforce
12-17-2006, 09:54 PM
what is johnsons speed adn size and do you know jarrets speed? dindt find nethign on it
According to NFL Draft Coutdown
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com

Rory Johnson is listed at 6'1" 235 but is probably closer to 6' 225-230 and runs about 4.5 in the 40.

Dwayne Jarrett is said to run in the 4.6 range.

jim1
12-17-2006, 10:35 PM

Boomer, who are your early favorites for the fins #1 pick? I like Ted Ginn,
Quentin Moses if he falls, and Patrick Willis. What do you think of Greg Olsen as a darkhorse? I just can't figure out what's with McMichael.

SR 7
12-17-2006, 10:50 PM
According to NFL Draft Coutdown
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com

Rory Johnson is listed at 6'1" 235 but is probably closer to 6' 225-230 and runs about 4.5 in the 40.

Dwayne Jarrett is said to run in the 4.6 range.

kidna small for a saban LB for one and two taht site listed evryeone at like 4.5 loll

Geforce
12-17-2006, 10:54 PM
kidna small for a saban LB for one and two taht site listed evryeone at like 4.5 loll

Not necessarily too small for Saban. We already have four LBs who are under 6'1" on the roster. I'll have to do another search for Johnson but I did read that the coaches at Ole Miss timed him in under 4.5. That's probably hand timed and is subject to alot of variables.

SR 7
12-17-2006, 11:00 PM
yea but our LBs are not 3 4 LBs thats the pont. they are too small for that scheme we want.

Geforce
12-17-2006, 11:07 PM
yea but our LBs are not 3 4 LBs thats the pont. they are too small for that scheme we want.

The problem with the OLBs we have is they are not playmakers. They do their jobs but not much else. Patrick Willis, Rory Johnson and Earl Everett has shown that they are playmakers.

Boomer
12-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Boomer would he be able to declare if he wanted

Yes, because he's 3 years out of high school. He's applied to the advisory board who'll probably give him a late 1st grade, but advise him to stay at school.

Boomer
12-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Boomer, who are your early favorites for the fins #1 pick? I like Ted Ginn,
Quentin Moses if he falls, and Patrick Willis. What do you think of Greg Olsen as a darkhorse? I just can't figure out what's with McMichael.

Ginn is an option as is Meacham if he declares. Levi Brown, Joe Staley, Gaither, Ben Grubbs, Justin Blalock, Adam Carriker, Amobi Okoye, Alan Branch, Frank Okam, Justin Harrell, LaMar Woodley, Willis, Darrelle Revis, Antoine Cason to name probably the most likely at the moment.

jim1
12-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Ginn is an option as is Meacham if he declares. Levi Brown, Joe Staley, Gaither, Ben Grubbs, Justin Blalock, Adam Carriker, Amobi Okoye, Alan Branch, Frank Okam, Justin Harrell, LaMar Woodley, Willis, Darrelle Revis, Antoine Cason to name probably the most likely at the moment.

Sounds spot on as usual, thx. I'm intrigued by Joe Staley, Lamar Woodley,
and Tony Ugoh. Looks like Amobi Okoye is shooting up the boards now. Maybe Branch will fall, we'll see.

I look at Chris Chambers and Rany McMichael as the poster children for the
Fins talent/tease lack of production on offense. I would be none too bothered by Ted Ginn and Matt Spaeth in rds one and two.

Boomer
12-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Sounds spot on as usual, thx. I'm intrigued by Joe Staley, Lamar Woodley,
and Tony Ugoh. Looks like Amobi Okoye is shooting up the boards now. Maybe Branch will fall, we'll see.

I look at Chris Chambers and Rany McMichael as the poster children for the
Fins talent/tease lack of production on offense. I would be none too bothered by Ted Ginn and Matt Spaeth in rds one and two.

Ugoh is another who bears watching. Staley is ridiculously athletic. Woodley is perfect for us. Okoye might be a victim of some media hype. I know that scouts are concerned with his inability to consistently play with power. I think Branch will stay a solid top 12 at worst guy.

I think Miami lacks an x-factor on offense. Ginn could easily be that. I would rather us sign an eric Johnson or a Jerramy Stevens in FA than draft a tight end.

jim1
12-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Ugoh is another who bears watching. Staley is ridiculously athletic. Woodley is perfect for us. Okoye might be a victim of some media hype. I know that scouts are concerned with his inability to consistently play with power. I think Branch will stay a solid top 12 at worst guy.

I think Miami lacks an x-factor on offense. Ginn could easily be that. I would rather us sign an eric Johnson or a Jerramy Stevens in FA than draft a tight end.

Bommer, another question:

If Ted Ginn is in fact a better CB than WR, could you envision him as a nickel or dime package cb (if not a starter), 3rd WR deep threat 2-way guy and also a blue chip kick returner? Would he warrant a top 15 pick in that capacity?

Finsfan79
12-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Ginn is more interesting if Welker walks on us in FA.

But, I think he is more valuable to this team as a WR then a CB.

Gaither would be a great pick if he comes out, I dont think he will though. Jake long of Michigan I like as well but he has been reported to be staying in as well.