PDA

View Full Version : PS3 outsells Xbox 360 in Japan already

UltraDol-Fan
12-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Check this out, the PS3 has already outsold the 360 in Japan, but the Wii owns them all...

According to MCV, Sony's PS3 has already overtaken total Xbox 360 sales in Japan, this despite the former's extreme launch shortages and being on sale for only one month. The Xbox 360 has sold fewer than 180,000 units over the last year, 10,000 less than the PS3. Both, however, have sold less than half of total Nintendo Wii units to date, 400,000 to be exact.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/12/ps3-overtakes-total-xbox-360-sales-in-japan-already/

Motion
12-12-2006, 04:13 PM
No surprise there.....

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-12-2006, 04:15 PM
No surprise there.....

I am a little surprised. I thought they would do better with Enchanted Arms and Blue Dragon.

Majpain
12-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Not surprised.

UltraDol-Fan
12-12-2006, 04:29 PM
I was surprised, I didn't realise how much Japan doesn't like XBox...

Majpain
12-12-2006, 04:38 PM

Doesnt matter, they are missing out. Xbox 360 has great titles coming to it so woooooo.

Motion
12-12-2006, 04:39 PM

Its always been like that, Sony and Nintendo have always been dominant over there.

Motion
12-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Doesnt matter, they are missing out. Xbox 360 has great titles coming to it so woooooo.
As do the PS3 and Wii. :wink:

Phin-o-rama
12-12-2006, 04:43 PM
M$ is more of an american company so why would they support it? in their eyes we do very little right in the area of electronics i would imagine...

tucker
12-12-2006, 04:45 PM
this shouldnt be a suprise at all...when xbox frst came out japan wasnt a big consumer

Motion
12-12-2006, 04:49 PM
M$ is more of an american company so why would they support it? in their eyes we do very little right in the area of electronics i would imagine...

They definitely have the advantage in that department.

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-12-2006, 04:52 PM
still with all the work Microsoft has done in Japan, I thought it would pay off. They have failed in the goal of openning up the Japan market.

TrueDolFan
12-12-2006, 05:17 PM
still with all the work Microsoft has done in Japan, I thought it would pay off. They have failed in the goal of openning up the Japan market.

The Japanese people are VERY loyal to Japanese companies. No American company will ever out-sell a Japanese company over there.

I'm glad to hear that Microsoft is failing there. The only company I hate more than Microsoft is Wal-Mart. Down with evil empires!

Phin-o-rama
12-12-2006, 06:03 PM
YEAH! Down with WAl-mart, Microsoft, AND SONY! WOOOO

lol

mor911
12-12-2006, 07:42 PM
i love how the japanese are so loyal to japanese companies an americans are also loyal to japanese companies... why aren't americans more loyal to american companies? who knows...

StormSurge
12-12-2006, 08:30 PM

Exactly. It's their loss.

Motion
12-12-2006, 10:55 PM
i love how the japanese are so loyal to japanese companies an americans are also loyal to japanese companies... why aren't americans more loyal to american companies? who knows...

Quality

When it comes to cars anyway. :wink:

FLOUNDER
12-12-2006, 10:59 PM
XBOX 360 :rocker:

Phin-o-rama
12-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Quality

When it comes to cars anyway. :wink:

:sidelol: :sidelol: yea...ok... :sidelol:

HysterikiLL
12-12-2006, 11:27 PM
The Japanese people are VERY loyal to Japanese companies. No American company will ever out-sell a Japanese company over there.

What about McDonalds?

Mike13
12-13-2006, 12:22 AM

He's right American made cars suck.
Why do you think GM and Ford are in deep **** right now?

Anyway this is not a surprise.

Scatman
12-13-2006, 02:15 AM

lol true that

Motion
12-13-2006, 09:22 AM
:shakeno:

What rock are you living under?

Motion
12-13-2006, 09:22 AM
He's right American made cars suck.
Why do you think GM and Ford are in deep **** right now?

Anyway this is not a surprise.
:yes::hi5:

Phin-o-rama
12-13-2006, 09:42 AM
just to clarify, american made cars are fine.....my personal preference is for japanese/foreign cars. even though some are made here anyways, i just think they are higher quality.

toyota, honda etc

uh yeah, i guess i read motions initial response incorrectly!!! american cars suck imo tooooo!!! can i get a highfive now too?? :(

Motion
12-13-2006, 09:44 AM
just to clarify, american made cars are fine.....my personal preference is for japanese/foreign cars. even though some are made here anyways, i just think they are higher quality.

toyota, honda etc

uh yeah, i guess i read motions initial response incorrectly!!! american cars suck imo tooooo!!! can i get a highfive now too?? :(

No

j/k :hi5:

Phin-o-rama
12-13-2006, 09:45 AM
:goof:

UltraDol-Fan
12-13-2006, 10:16 AM
from what I've read Japanese workers take much more pride in their job which in turn creates a better product.

Phin-o-rama
12-13-2006, 10:39 AM
yea cuz if they F up they have to fall on a sword!

mor911
12-13-2006, 11:06 AM
yea cuz if they F up they have to fall on a sword!
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Someone myst have went down for this.... :sidelol:

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Exactly. It's their loss.

and Microsoft's

Stitches
12-13-2006, 11:59 AM
from what I've read Japanese workers take much more pride in their job which in turn creates a better product.

People need to watch the movie 'Gung Ho.' Best Michael Keaton performance.

As for pride, it's because thier culture is big on honor. You do not disgrace yourself, because in doing so, you disgrace your family, and your heritage.

mor911
12-13-2006, 12:03 PM
While Microsoft could use the Japanese numbers, they don't need it. Between Europe and the USA I think it's pretty clear that Microsoft can be successful. For that reason, I do think it's their (the Japanese loyals) loss... They'll miss out on potentially phenomenal games like Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, Forza2, and Fable because of pride. That's dumb.

I don't discriminate with my games.

DeathStar
12-13-2006, 12:03 PM
huh, toyota makes the motherload of its cars in THIS COUNTRY. they use american workers. they do this to get around the limits on foriegn imports of cars this country has.

now, ford and GM are in trouble DUE TO HEALTHCARE related issues. right now they are just healthcare entitlement companies that sells cars on the side.

Phin-o-rama
12-13-2006, 12:06 PM
my 4runners vin # begins with a JA .....using american workers != using american parts....

i think fords suck, i always have....

Stitches
12-13-2006, 12:13 PM
my 4runners vin # begins with a JA .....using american workers != using american parts....

i think fords suck, i always have....

A ton of GM cars and parts are made in Canada as well, not the US. And just because the japanese autos are built here, doesn't mean they are of american design.

PS: I agree with the ford statement.

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-13-2006, 01:40 PM
While Microsoft could use the Japanese numbers, they don't need it. Between Europe and the USA I think it's pretty clear that Microsoft can be successful. For that reason, I do think it's their (the Japanese loyals) loss... They'll miss out on potentially phenomenal games like Blue Dragon, Mass Effect, Forza2, and Fable because of pride. That's dumb.

Microsoft wants to be the number 1 entertainment electronic business. They NEED Japan to be so. Plus they want more japanese development and to have that they need a good player base in Japan.

The amount of money and energy Microsoft put into Japan and to come out like this is a pretty big blow to Microsoft. They have to be very disappointed.

Majpain
12-13-2006, 01:50 PM

Bioshock too.

Majpain
12-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Microsoft wants to be the number 1 entertainment electronic business. They NEED Japan to be so. Plus they want more japanese development and to have that they need a good player base in Japan.

The amount of money and energy Microsoft put into Japan and to come out like this is a pretty big blow to Microsoft. They have to be very disappointed.

Maybe if Square Enix were to make a Dragon Warrior exclusive to the X360 then maybe.

Dol-Fan Dupree
12-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Maybe if Square Enix were to make a Dragon Warrior exclusive to the X360 then maybe.

I think that would help M$ a lot. That game sales so freaking well in Japan that they close school and businesses down the day it launches because no one shows up :).

I know the next Dragon Warrior is going to be on the DS, which has been seen as a HUGE blow to Sony.