PDA

View Full Version : Poll:Whos Your Vote for Rookie of the Year

phinphan896
12-12-2006, 10:38 PM
I Just want to see who people have for offensive Rookie of this year forthisyears draft class. We might look back in the future and realize that this is one of the best draft classes in a long time.

Silverphin
12-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Colston. In my opinion, he is the living symbol of the Saints' season.

phinphan896
12-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Colston. In my opinion, he is the living symbol of the Saints' season.
if he would have stayed healthy i would have had him no questions asked but afterseeinghesters kickreturns and the fact that colstongot hurt it changedmy mind. Hester broke a 36 year old record in his rookie year. Not even Dante Hall has brought back six in one year.

HysterikiLL
12-12-2006, 11:20 PM
The thing about Hester is that he's only spent one game returning kicks as a starting KR. Everything else was punts. His td/return ratio is freaking ridiculous.

Factor in:

- Punt return for TD in debut
- 5 return TDs on 3 primetime games

Man is just incredible. Whether he wins or not, it'd be a travesty if he wasn't considered because he's not a straight up "offense" or "defense" playmaker.

It's good to be a Bears fan.

NewEra8
12-12-2006, 11:23 PM
If Colston would have stayed healthy, I'd say Colston... but not that he hasn't been playing, I have to go with Hester... talk about one hell of an influence...

PrepDogg
12-12-2006, 11:25 PM
I think it's certainly gotta be Young after the last three weeks he and the Titans have had..

Alex44
12-12-2006, 11:28 PM
AFC: Vince Young
NFC: Colston (I will give it to Hester if he scores more TD's and Lovey has said he plans to use him on offense this year so who knows)

Overall: Id like to see a split decision between Colston and Young. Hey if Manning and Mcnair could share an MVP why not share this?

NewEra8
12-13-2006, 12:04 AM
AFC: Vince Young

Never would have guessed :lol:

Martel
12-13-2006, 12:09 AM
Great class wow. These guys, Maroney, Leinart, Mangold, McNeill etc. AJ Hawk has played pretty well too. The All Rookie team might give the Pro Bowlers a run

Rafiki
12-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Vince Young. He has proven doubters wrong and is ready to lead the Titans.

Coral Reefer
12-13-2006, 02:16 AM
Colston hands down but Hester is a close second with what he's done on special teams.

Vince Young 4 votes...... kidding me?

HurriPhin
12-13-2006, 02:40 AM
NFC: Colston (I will give it to Hester if he scores more TD's)

Yeah, I would only consider Hester if maybe he broke some NFL record's or something, then he would impress me. :rolleyes:

zachequalsgod
12-13-2006, 02:44 AM
Vince Young, he's played amazing these past few weeks.

L.T.21
12-13-2006, 04:47 AM
A ROOKIE arguably playing the hardest position in the game (Left Tackle) starting all games and ARGUABLY should be in the pro bowl.

Marcus McNeill (Auburn)

305TillIDie
12-13-2006, 04:57 AM
Young or Hester

FINdestructible
12-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Without a doubt, Marques Colston.

DeathStar
12-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Vince Young, he's played amazing these past few weeks.

its rookie of THE YEAR not rookie of a few weeks.

BE GOOD
12-13-2006, 03:14 PM
its rookie of THE YEAR not rookie of a few weeks.
Still he's going to play the majority.

NewEra8
12-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Vince young as rookie of the year? This is a joke... If you're going to vote Young, you have Leinart there with him... which is a joke aswell

Vince Young
Pass Rating: 65.7
Pass TD/INT: 10/11

Matt "Your Sisters Hot" Leinart
Pass Rating: 73.9
Pass TD/INT: 10/10

"But he's ran the ball so well..." I guess we should give the Offensive MVP to Michael Vick this year while we're at it...

Rookie of the Year.... not Rookie of the Week

Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of either QB so don't you dare put me in the Leinert fan club haha

phinphan896
12-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I would only consider Hester if maybe he broke some NFL record's or something, then he would impress me. :rolleyes:
your being sarcastic ryt

tylerdolphin
12-13-2006, 08:28 PM
Its amazing how many good Rookies there are this year. Any other year Leinart, Maroney (sp?), McNeil, and many others ould be considered for the award. There are at least 10 deserving rookies if this was an average year

Martel
12-13-2006, 09:07 PM
Its amazing how many good Rookies there are this year. Any other year Leinart, Maroney (sp?), McNeil, and many others ould be considered for the award. There are at least 10 deserving rookies if this was an average year

none of ours :boohoo:

daniel3
12-13-2006, 09:20 PM
none of ours :boohoo:

lol I was thinking the same thing. So many ROY candidates on other teams and all we have are a couple of IR players, an every now and then DB, and a WR who cant catch a ball to save his life.

TotoreMexico
12-13-2006, 10:15 PM
A ROOKIE arguably playing the hardest position in the game (Left Tackle) starting all games and ARGUABLY should be in the pro bowl.

Marcus McNeill (Auburn)

Let me guess... he plays for the chargers?

phinphan896
12-13-2006, 10:45 PM

Marcus McNeill (Auburn)
wow, jump off ur own team. nobody cares about marcus mcneil

rob19
12-13-2006, 10:46 PM
DEVIN FREAKIN HESTER!!! love this guy, especially because he's from DA U!

Alex44
12-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Vince young as rookie of the year? This is a joke... If you're going to vote Young, you have Leinart there with him... which is a joke aswell

Vince Young
Pass Rating: 65.7
Pass TD/INT: 10/11

Matt "Your Sisters Hot" Leinart
Pass Rating: 73.9
Pass TD/INT: 10/10

"But he's ran the ball so well..." I guess we should give the Offensive MVP to Michael Vick this year while we're at it...

Rookie of the Year.... not Rookie of the Week

Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of either QB so don't you dare put me in the Leinert fan club haha

Yeah winning games shouldnt count for anything I guess. :rolleyes:

Its not about numbers its about the impact you have on the game.

phinphan896
12-13-2006, 10:53 PM
i thought reggie bush would have more votes but i guess not that many people lyk him for ROY

NewEra8
12-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Yeah winning games shouldnt count for anything I guess. :rolleyes:

Its not about numbers its about the impact you have on the game.

Exactly the reason Hester and Colston should be ahead of him for ROTY... thanks

phinphan896
12-13-2006, 11:09 PM
i forgot to put demeco ryans. he leads the NFL in tackles . From alabama.

Alex44
12-13-2006, 11:12 PM

Really because last time I checked before Vince played the Titans were an absolutely horrible team that couldnt beat anyone. And since he has played they have a winning record in his starts.

Yep he has no impact whatsoever

Colston hasnt been playing and the Saints are still doing fine, so what does that say about his impact?

phinphan896
12-13-2006, 11:12 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/420098
with those numbers he deserves to go to the pro bowl. i cant believe i didnt put him up there. oh well

NewEra8
12-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Im not gonna kid myself and try to argue about Vince with you, Alex haha But as for demeco... yeah, he's had a hell of a year... I agree

ILPhinFan88
12-13-2006, 11:37 PM
To me was close between Colston/ VY. I voted Colston

daniel3
12-14-2006, 12:30 AM

Wouldn't it be the reverse? Young doesn't have a very productive game and the Titans lose. Hester and Colston sit out and its like they werent gone in the first place. Their team is still as good and productive.

unifiedtheory
12-14-2006, 12:53 AM

Marcus McNeill (Auburn)
A GREAT point and a very good arguement. McNeil should end up in the Pro Bowl (from the 4-5 games I've seen). Anytime a ROOKIE LEFT TACKLE is playng at a Pro Bowl level he deserves rookie of the year. Think about how rare it is for a left tackle to play at the level he is playing at as a rookie. It happens once a decade.

That being said, we all know that the voters (with the exception of the voters who really know the game) will not vote for an offensive lineman.

Hester HAS to get some votes simply for his impact on his team winning games. Ryans is havng a very good year. Jones-Drew has been lights out the last month, so has Vince Young. Leinart's been pretty consistent and Bush is putting on a late push.

In the end I'd vote for Marques Colston. My ballot would look like this:

1.) Marques Colston
2.) Marcus McNeill
3.) Reggie Bush (although, if he has a few more weeks like his last couple have been he could jump to the top)
4.) Maurice Jones-Drew
5.) Vince Young

NJL52
12-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Colston: Been out for too long and the Saints are moving along just the same without him.

Bush: Did pretty well but not enough to win RoY this year.

Young: Had the greatest impact amongst any rookie. He is just a primetime player. He fits the saying, big time players make big time plays in big time games.

Hester: Same thing about primetime player. The best athlete in the group, with some grooming I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as the best player from this draft. Just so much talent, he would shake Reggie Bush 9/10.

As of right now I'm tossed up between Hester and Young. It depends on what happens in the last 3 games.

Regan21286
12-14-2006, 03:36 PM
A GREAT point and a very good arguement. McNeil should end up in the Pro Bowl (from the 4-5 games I've seen). Anytime a ROOKIE LEFT TACKLE is playng at a Pro Bowl level he deserves rookie of the year. Think about how rare it is for a left tackle to play at the level he is playing at as a rookie. It happens once a decade.

That being said, we all know that the voters (with the exception of the voters who really know the game) will not vote for an offensive lineman.

Hester HAS to get some votes simply for his impact on his team winning games. Ryans is havng a very good year. Jones-Drew has been lights out the last month, so has Vince Young. Leinart's been pretty consistent and Bush is putting on a late push.

In the end I'd vote for Marques Colston. My ballot would look like this:

1.) Marques Colston
2.) Marcus McNeill
3.) Reggie Bush (although, if he has a few more weeks like his last couple have been he could jump to the top)
4.) Maurice Jones-Drew
5.) Vince Young

It's a shame we didn't get McNeill. We needed a LT badly too. But Colston's been a monster. If he doesn't get back from his injury though, he may lose that spot to Vince Young, Reggie Bush, or Maurice Jones-Drew (who I think is going to be a beast in the league once Fred Taylor's career kicks the bucket)

dlockz
12-16-2006, 04:10 AM
It's a shame we didn't get McNeill. We needed a LT badly too. But Colston's been a monster. If he doesn't get back from his injury though, he may lose that spot to Vince Young, Reggie Bush, or Maurice Jones-Drew (who I think is going to be a beast in the league once Fred Taylor's career kicks the bucket)

Hey Jason Allen was one of the best rookies drafted on day 2, oh crap we drafted him in the first round.

King Felix
12-16-2006, 04:28 AM
ill wait 3 more weeks before i vote

HysterikiLL
12-16-2006, 04:39 AM
Bah, darn LT is gaining some momentum in his 'McNeill for ROY' campaign :lol:

phinphan896
12-18-2006, 08:37 PM
bump

35Ralph
12-20-2006, 07:25 AM
I think it's certainly gotta be Young after the last three weeks he and the Titans have had..

Young's numbers are terrible. Even recently. I did the stats of the Titans for the season because we play him next week. Defense wins for the Titans, not Vince Young. Trust me. I don't know what all the hype is all about.

ganooch
12-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Nick Mangold! he has been a beast for the NYJ.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
12-20-2006, 11:14 AM
where's demeco ryans?

L.T.21
12-25-2006, 03:19 AM
Bah, darn LT is gaining some momentum in his 'McNeill for ROY' campaign :lol:

LOL! Yes it's working.

Also, keep in mind--he hasn't had ONE holding call on him all year..NOT ONE!

Dude is a stud! He's outplayed D'Brickshaw Ferguson no doubt.
:sidelol:

dominizzo
12-25-2006, 07:50 AM
I love VY!! Hes my fav QB!! But I gotta go with Maurice Jones-Drew!! he will be special

Fresh
12-25-2006, 02:20 PM
I can't believe people are voting for Reggie Bush. That's sad.

To me, the rookies this year have been like this:

1. Vince Young
1. Devin Hester
3. Marques Colston
4. Maurice Jones-Drew

No one else even deserves consideration. I like Colston, but I think he's more of a product of that offense than the other players are. It is amazing what Vince Young is doing with such a P.O.S. squad. I put Hester/Young tied at #1 because they are offensive & defensive. Those should be the picks, period.

L.T.21
12-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Ok--we really have to add McNeill on this poll -- or it's moot ;-)

I love the fact that D'Brickshaw Fergusson is absolutely getting WHOOOOPED by JT. Granted JT will whoop a lot of people...but as the #3 pick overall and Marcus in the second round....I like McNeill as MVP :-)

'-)

Fresh
12-26-2006, 03:19 AM
I disregarded Mac just because the NFL will not give it to an offensive lineman.

He's been spectacular though..