PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen this?

themole
12-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Hope it's not BS! We really really need a break like this.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/335674/video/R/CFD_1002/

DeathStar
12-12-2006, 11:19 PM
betcha exxon mobil is trying to kill this idea.

PrepDogg
12-12-2006, 11:30 PM
I don't think the oil companies are gonna let this happen. It's pretty fascinating though.

Hellion
12-12-2006, 11:45 PM
I don't think the oil companies are gonna let this happen. It's pretty fascinating though.

10 or 20 years ago i'd agree with you, but with the war and other issues in the middle east and the US depense on fossil fuels along with the enviromental impact this could have, and the pressure from envro activists and extremists the oil companies may be like the dinosaur.

themole
12-13-2006, 12:07 AM
If this is true, I can see where it would have to be handled with kid gloves. It could end up being an economy wrecker rather than our salvation. It seems to me there would have to be a transition period. Our entire economy revolves around oil and its by product. Does anyone else see any sense in what I'm asking?

Rafiki
12-13-2006, 12:07 AM
I hope this becomes mainstream. This guy's invention could literally change the world.

themole
12-13-2006, 12:20 AM
I hope this becomes mainstream. This guy's invention could literally change the world.

I hope there is something to it. Big oil is nobodies fool though. I would think they would be so forward thinking that they have already had their chemist developing and locking up anything like this twenty - thirty years ago.

Rafiki
12-13-2006, 12:30 AM
I hope there is something to it. Big oil is nobodies fool though. I would think they would be so forward thinking that they have already had their chemist developing and locking up anything like this twenty - thirty years ago.

The dude allready has the patent according to the clip, and he has contracts with a major auto maker and the Government.

Phinz4Life
12-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Amazing.

Mike13
12-13-2006, 12:56 AM
This guy's a genius.

Hellion
12-13-2006, 03:42 AM
If this is true, I can see where it would have to be handled with kid gloves. It could end up being an economy wrecker rather than our salvation. It seems to me there would have to be a transition period. Our entire economy revolves around oil and its by product. Does anyone else see any sense in what I'm asking?

I thought the same thing, you can't change this kinds dependency over night. There's a lot of people employed by the Oil industry. it would have to be a transition like you say becuse it effects every part of our lives. Imagine the auto industry and the effect of a car getting 100 miles per 4oz. of water. insane.:shakeno:

Can you imagine how quickly our middle east interest would fade away without the dependency on oil.

Skeet84
12-13-2006, 03:48 AM
Wow water is going to be expensive! I can already see a rain tax coming

finswin56
12-13-2006, 08:57 AM
If this is true, I can see where it would have to be handled with kid gloves. It could end up being an economy wrecker rather than our salvation. It seems to me there would have to be a transition period. Our entire economy revolves around oil and its by product. Does anyone else see any sense in what I'm asking?I think you're dead on. What a phenomenal technology. Hoe the gov't handles the transition is almost as interesting as the technology itself.

themole
12-13-2006, 09:30 AM
I thought the same thing, you can't change this kinds dependency over night. There's a lot of people employed by the Oil industry. it would have to be a transition like you say becuse it effects every part of our lives. Imagine the auto industry and the effect of a car getting 100 miles per 4oz. of water. insane.:shakeno:

Can you imagine how quickly our middle east interest would fade away without the dependency on oil.

Yes, Hellion. I can imagine, and have lived through such a senereo as that. You are not that much behind me in age. I remember back in the early 60s when gas stations would actually have "Gas Wars". I have paid 18 cents per gallon, when gas was normally 28 cent per gallon. Of course the 18 cents was somewhat hard to come by though.

Think about the words to this song, by Marvelous Merle Haggard, and how it applies to today.

I wish a buck was still silver and it was back when the country was strong.
Back before Elvis and before the Vietnam war came along.
Before the Beatles and yesterday when a man could still work and still would.
Is the best of the free life behind us now and are the good times really over for good ?

Are we rollin' downhill like a snowball headed for hell?
With no kind of chance for the flag or the liberty bell?
I wish a Ford or a Chevy would still last ten years like they should.
Is the best of the free life behind us now and are the good times really over for good?

I wish Coke was still cola and a joint was a bad place to be.
It was back before Nixon lied to us all on TV.
Before Microwave ovens when a girl could still cook, and still would.
Is the best of the free life behind us now and are the good times really over for good ?

Is the best of the free life behind us now and are the good times really over for good?

Stop rollin' downhill like a snowball headed for hell.
Standup for the flag, and let's all ring the liberty bell.
Let's make a Ford and a Chevy that'll still last ten years like they should...
The best of the free life is still yet to come and the good times ain't really....

Hellion
12-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Yes, Hellion. I can imagine, and have lived through such a senereo as that. You are not that much behind me in age. I remember back in the early 60s when gas stations would actually have "Gas Wars". I have paid 18 cents per gallon, when gas was normally 28 cent per gallon. Of course the 18 cents was somewhat hard to come by though.

Think about the words to this song, by Marvelous Merle Haggard, and how it applies to today.

I wish a buck was still silver and it was back when the country was strong.
Back before Elvis and before the Vietnam war came along.
Before the Beatles and yesterday when a man could still work and still would.

I wish Coke was still cola and a joint was a bad place to be.
It was back before Nixon lied to us all on TV.
Before Microwave ovens when a girl could still cook, and still would.

Stop rollin' downhill like a snowball headed for hell.
Standup for the flag, and let's all ring the liberty bell.
Let's make a Ford and a Chevy that'll still last ten years like they should...
The best of the free life is still yet to come and the good times ain't really....

Man that is so funny that you quoted Ol' Merle, my Mom was addicted to him and he was a huge musical influence growing up.

You couldn't have picked a better song brother. Amen

I brought this up at work to a few people and their first reaction was to think of the benefits of it, then I popped their bubble by bringing up the economic, political and social impact such a drastic change would have on the world.

This would have to be such a slow process of change that my generation may not see the full impact of it until we were in our twlight years.

But eventually it would be a positive effect on the world and this guy could go down as this centuries Einstein.

DrAstroZoom
12-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Interesting comment thread below the clip.

Celtkin
12-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Here's some more information about the water torch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_torch)

also (http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/RhodesGas/index.html)

Dr. William Rhodes technology invented in the 1960s is gaining momentum both in research results, device improvements, and manufacturing. Dr. Rhodes claims are the earliest documented. Yull Brown is the most well-recognized researcher and proponent. George Wiseman is the most well-recognized proponent today. Todd Knudtson (http://www.amasci.com/freenrg/hydroxy.html) may have some surprises.

There are several schools of thought on the best method of electrolysis, ranging from series to parallel plates; and there are competing claims to technology rights. Claims of gas properties are sometimes incredulous on the face, sometimes exaggerated, but are usually backed by documented evidence.

One counter-claim is that there is no one capability of this gas that cannot be surpassed by some other technique; and that the main value is probably just that of a "Swiss Army Knife" versatility. However, such properties as not heating water, while immediately penetrating iron submerged in water, is a property that is probably not matched anywhere. The welding of dissimilar metals may include some combinations not achievable elsewhere. Also, the immediate effect on Tungsten is another efficiency that is probably not matched by anything else. The non-toxicity is a factor that must not be ignored either. The gas generation does not consume a great deal of electrical energy.

Sales have not skyrocketed as predicted, largely due to the lack of U.L. / CSA listing, which is because there is no precedent standard. Also, device strengths and weaknesses need to be understood so as to hone in on the strengths. The technology basically has no intellectual protections at this point, though most try to give fiduciary credit where credit is due (except to Rhodes?).

ch19079
12-13-2006, 11:37 AM
this clip has been around for a while, and at first it looks awsome. but i believe after several posts everyone agreed that it was not real because to do what he is saying he would have to break a few scientific laws and principles.