PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys' New Stadium

Mindwarp
12-13-2006, 03:14 PM
The Dallas Cowboys have unveiled the design of their new stadium, which is scheduled to open in 2009 in Arlington, Texas.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0612/gallery.cowboys.stadium/content.1.html

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/night-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/scoreboard-1.jpg

Vertical Limit
12-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Wow. That is amazing. :eek:

I wish we could have a new stadium. Our stadium is a little too wide. I hope the remodelling changes that, I would like to see the seats closer to the field.

Motion
12-13-2006, 05:08 PM
$1 Billion for a Football stadium is crazy to even think about.

HysterikiLL
12-13-2006, 05:12 PM
Looks like a giant glorified car wash.

ILPhinFan88
12-13-2006, 05:36 PM
I saw that today also, click the link there are more pics. Looks like it will be a verry cool stadium.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/12/inside-1.jpg

ILPhinFan88
12-13-2006, 05:37 PM
I was thinking with that big of a scoreboard gonna cause some lighting and shadows problems.

Alex44
12-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Thats expensive but its beautiful....no doubt about that

HysterikiLL
12-13-2006, 05:41 PM
That scoreboard is attatched by wires? Boy, I hope it doesn't fall and land on T.O.'s ego.

Vertical Limit
12-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Well it's releasing in 2009, I would think that Terrell Owens would be retired by then. What is he, 34 years old now?

Phin-o-rama
12-13-2006, 06:20 PM
im jealous...we should have a new stadium

Phinzone
12-13-2006, 06:21 PM
I want to see a site plan, what's with that 8 lane road cutting through the axis? Pretty stadium to stay the least, though I thought they might go with a different cladding systems. ETFE foil would be GREAT for a climate like Dallas, and allow them the daylighting they desire. But eh.

Also, it's a bit weird to have the stadium open only above the field (as it appears). Is it their claim that weather only affects the field? Just a bit different....Those are beautiful renders (albeit glorified)

Alex44
12-13-2006, 06:21 PM
That scoreboard is attatched by wires? Boy, I hope it doesn't fall and land on T.O.'s ego.

T.O's ego is so big that its whats holding the scoreboard up.

DolfanDaveInATX
12-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Also, it's a bit weird to have the stadium open only above the field (as it appears). Is it their claim that weather only affects the field? Just a bit different....Those are beautiful renders (albeit glorified)

The hole in the Texas Stadium roof was intended for that, although Cowboys fans insist it is so that "God can watch the Cowboys play." The hole in the new stadium roof is simply to pay homage to the old Texas Stadium -- it has a retractable roof that will close when it rains.

Phinzone
12-13-2006, 07:03 PM
The hole in the Texas Stadium roof was intended for that, although Cowboys fans insist it is so that "God can watch the Cowboys play." The hole in the new stadium roof is simply to pay homage to the old Texas Stadium -- it has a retractable roof that will close when it rains.

lol, so god can watch them play :)

I'm more curious as to why it only retracts over the field, and not the fans at all. If it's bad weather, it'll be closed, if it's good weather the fans won't get to bask in the sun.

Phinzone
12-13-2006, 07:23 PM
ok visited the link and read a little more about it.

The sliding top is eh, i see no point in paying homage to "a hole in the roof" when it's an inferior design to a totally retractable roof, but whatever.

Next I like te two sliding doors at the ends, It will be interesting to see how they implement filtering of people though. It's a little odd to have this oval building cut by such a drastic line of symmetry, but oh well.

Last but not least, I don't get how it will "glow blue" unless they are planning on installying lights to glow out of the window, in which chase like I said ETFE foil is a much more green, economical, and cool material to use (they could change the ENITRE stadiums color if they used it).

Still has some nice features.

finsrule84
12-13-2006, 07:37 PM
anybody knows if that scoreboard will be bigger than ours?

CrunchTime
12-13-2006, 07:37 PM
I was thinking with that big of a scoreboard gonna cause some lighting and shadows problems.

You were reading my thoughts.I can see where they can have shadow problems in that stadium.The current stadium also has them.

Cool design though:D

Shula Come Back!
12-13-2006, 10:23 PM
holy crap!

Coral Reefer
12-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Looks like the exact same stadium as they have now.
That Sunroof design in the middle is ridiculous and the heat it traps inside is unbearable.

Either make it a real dome retractable or open.

Only in Texas would they purposely make the same stupid design twice. :rolleyes2

PhinzN703
12-14-2006, 11:29 AM
$1 Billion for a Football stadium is crazy to even think about.

I guess "America's Team" can do whatever they want :shakeno:

Mike13
12-14-2006, 02:30 PM
It looks cool.

Vertical Limit
12-14-2006, 02:48 PM
I guess "America's Team" can do whatever they want :shakeno:
Well, remember, this money is coming mostly from Jerry Jones pocket; the rest are State Taxes. There is no limit on what owners can spend on their own stadiums, as it is their property.

Stitches
12-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Well, remember, this money is coming mostly from Jerry Jones pocket; the rest are State Taxes. There is no limit on what owners can spend on their own stadiums, as it is their property.

I can't imagine what the insurance costs on that thing.

Does anyone watch Modern Marvels? I'd love to see this on there after they build it or something.

Hopefully for Jerry's sake it doesn't wind up on Engineering Disasters though.

FINdestructible
12-15-2006, 03:03 PM
I like it a lot. I wish we had a more fan friendly stadium.

spydertl79
12-15-2006, 05:24 PM
60 yard screen? Wow, that is a magnificent stadium.